RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

PC Engine Screen-shot quiz

Started by Tatsujin, 12/24/2006, 11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

esteban

Quote from: guest on 12/14/2012, 04:36 PMC'mon, este!  Finish that bowl of flan and post a new screenshot already!
Holy Canoli, have I been the idiot who's held this up for months and months?!

GODDAMN.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Tatsujin

so douh somethin', raviouli!
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

esteban

Quote from: Tatsujin on 12/15/2012, 06:31 AMso douh somethin', raviouli!
IMG

NOTE: More will be revealed if you cretins can't figure this out.

NOTE NOTE: The music is not a clue. The music was chosen impulsively.

ccovell

_Paul

Frank_fjs

Don't think this is right but that sky gradient and cloud look very similar to the start/load game screen of Adventure Island/Dragon's Curse.

CrackTiger

That's WAY too easy. :P

Lords of Thunder.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Frank_fjs

Quote from: guest on 12/15/2012, 12:25 PMThat's WAY too easy. :P

Lords of Thunder.
Crappy screen capture but I reckon you nailed it:

IMG

_Paul

Curses. I knew that looked familiar.

esteban

Lords of Thunder.
Holy Canoli! I knew that CrackTiger would trounce this one! Oh well... (I thought everyone had good guesses, by the way! I would have accepted Aero Blasters, as well).

IMG

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

shubibiman

Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

esteban

I want to name a shoot-em-up, but I'm sure that CrackTiger is trickier than that, so now I'm second guessing the genre!

I'll say: 1943 Kai. Magicoal?

CrackTiger

It also reminded me of Terra Cresta II and esteban is correct that I chose something that isn't obvious, but it isn't Magicoal either.

runinruder

Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

CrackTiger

Quote from: runinruder on 12/15/2012, 07:24 PMPrivate eye dol.
Lol, I didn't think that you'd spoil it when the screen shot is one of your own. :wink:

runinruder

Ha, sorry about that.  Has anyone here played it besides us?  Maybe shubibiman.

Anyway, if you'd like to post another, go for it.  :)
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

CrackTiger

Quote from: runinruder on 12/15/2012, 07:52 PMHa, sorry about that.  Has anyone here played it besides us?  Maybe shubibiman.

No, go ahead. It's more fun guessing. :)

runinruder

Here's one:

puz1.png

CrackTiger

runinruder

That would make sense, but no.   :wink:

Tatsujin

Lords of Thunder.
ah damn, that was easy :(
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

esteban

Quote from: runinruder on 12/15/2012, 08:19 PMHere's one:
puz1.png
Clearly, it's written in Mayan/Incan/Aztec, therefore it is Hihou Densetsu Kurisu no Bouken.

shubibiman

Quote from: runinruder on 12/15/2012, 07:52 PMHa, sorry about that.  Has anyone here played it besides us?  Maybe shubibiman.

I've played that game too and it was a great surprise. One of my favorite CD games, even if it's not always consistant.

ccovell

shubibiman

Super Schwarzschild. It's written on it :)

runinruder

esteban

puz1.png
Damn, that was tricky!

ANSWER: Hany on the Road

IMGNext!

_Paul

Tatsujin

esteban

puz1.png
Runin, there's something about this quiz that compels me to think about it even when I'm away from my computer.

Weird, huh?

CrackTiger

runinruder

Quote from: guest on 12/16/2012, 11:51 AMKisou Louga?
Good guess, but it's actually from a game that wasn't published by Kogado.

Tatsujin

CrackTiger

CGQuarterly

Is it not Blodia, then?

Chris

Tatsujin

I do not know if this is kind of correct now, but since it seems that there is no further action taken on the last one whether it is finished or not, I decided to continue with a new one. Please excuse me, if the old one was not completely cleared yet.

/010nn.gif

runinruder

No one has guessed mine yet, so here it is again:

puz1.png

Tatsujin

Ah there he is :lol:

Sorry again runin.

PukeSter

Quote from: Tatsujin on 12/20/2012, 12:05 AMI do not know if this is kind of correct now, but since it seems that there is no further action taken on the last one whether it is finished or not, I decided to continue with a new one. Please excuse me, if the old one was not completely cleared yet.

/010nn.gif
Blodia? I can only guess.

_Paul

Quote from: runinruder on 12/20/2012, 12:19 AMNo one has guessed mine yet, so here it is again:
puz1.png
Solid Force?

shubibiman

runinruder

shubibiman

CrackTiger

esteban

Quote from: runinruder on 12/20/2012, 12:19 AMNo one has guessed mine yet, so here it is again:
puz1.png
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

shubibiman

La Valeur?  #-o

runinruder

shubibiman

turboswimbz

That was already guessed:

Quote from: runinruder on 12/16/2012, 12:35 PM
Quote from: guest on 12/16/2012, 11:51 AMKisou Louga?
Good guess, but it's actually from a game that wasn't published by Kogado. 
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!