The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob

Traded Aerosmith Guitar Hero for PS2 for this.

Straight up.

/turbo/gh.jpg

TheClash603

I would say you had the much better end of the trade.

Aerosmith sucks.

bob

Quote from: TheClash603 on 12/31/2012, 08:37 AMAerosmith sucks.
+1

I always scour flea markets and thrift stores and buy whatever games I see even if I don't want them.  I have my collection, then I have a pile of stuff that I use for trade chips (and now raffles here!).

fsa

Picked up a Sega Saturn with 2 controllers and one game (Bomberman online).
Looking for TG16 games I don't have already.

tggodfrey

Quote from: TheClash603 on 12/31/2012, 08:37 AMI would say you had the much better end of the trade.

Aerosmith sucks.
Not nearly as much a Nicolas Cage as Superman.
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

TheClash603

Quote from: tggodfrey on 12/31/2012, 05:10 PM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 12/31/2012, 08:37 AMI would say you had the much better end of the trade.

Aerosmith sucks.
Not nearly as much a Nicolas Cage as Superman.
Death of Superman with Nick Cage would've been a top 10 movie ever produced.  The fact it didn't happen is one of the greatest travisties of all time.

PukeSter

Hey hey everyone! I just ordered one of the last copies of Bound High!

BlueBMW

Quote from: guest on 12/31/2012, 06:07 PMHey hey everyone! I just ordered one of the last copies of Bound High!
An excellent choice!  The game is awesome!!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

turbokon

Picked up Life Force for NES from a thrift store for $8.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

Duo_R

Got Zelda Collectors edition and Super Smash Bros Melee for Gamecube, for $20. Not too shabby.
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

roflmao

I picked up Point Blank 2 and Wipeout 3 for the PS1 yesterday for about $10 total.  I haven't played a Wipeout game in ages - it's a hoot!  Still need to hook up the PS1 to my tube TV before I get any Point Blank action.

bob

Quote from: guest on 01/02/2013, 09:14 AMI picked up Point Blank 2 and Wipeout 3 for the PS1 yesterday for about $10 total.  I haven't played a Wipeout game in ages - it's a hoot!  Still need to hook up the PS1 to my tube TV before I get any Point Blank action.
I grabbed the PS3 wipeout when it was offered as the lame "I'm sorry your account got hacked" by sony.  lots of fun i will admit.

Opethian

IMG

Mathius

I picked up a sealed Saturn three pack that included Daytona USA, Virtua Fighter 2, and Virtua Cop for $15. It's not sealed anymore. :)

Picked up Sparkster for the SNES also.

MrFlutterPie

I got a CIB Killer Instinct......for the gameboy  :P

I also got Robotech for the Gamecube.

bob

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 01/02/2013, 05:56 PMI also got Robotech for the Gamecube.
I thought I got robotech for the gamecube once, but when I brought it home and opened the bag, the case was empty...no game.
Need the case/manual/inserts?

Quote from: Mathius on 01/02/2013, 10:55 AMI picked up a sealed Saturn three pack that included Daytona USA, Virtua Fighter 2, and Virtua Cop for $15. It's not sealed anymore. :)
That was the pack-in for the saturn, right?  Good find, not terribly valuable, but fun.

bartre

Well, I got two packages in the mail today.
one from amazon containing Ys I&II Chronicles premium (box thingy with the ost)
second package came from Japan, weighing in at roughly 6 1/2 pounds was:
PCE:
Fausette Armor
Download 2
Youkai Dochuki
Rayxanber II
Juu Ou Ki

SFC:
Ghost Sweeper Mikami
Sanrio World Smashball
Go Go Ackman 1/2/3
Rockman x2/x3
Hagane
Super FC Genjin 1/2

PSP
Hatsune Miku Project Diva
Hatsune Miku Project Diva 2nd
Hatsune Miku Project Diva Extend
Higurashi Daybreak Portable Limited Box (damn, this thing was a lot bigger than I thought it would be)

PCEngineHell

Nice game grab there. Hagane was always like the Shinobi 3 of the Snes to me, similar to how Run Sabre was basically the Snes Strider.

Mathius

Quote from: Mathius on 01/02/2013, 10:55 AMI picked up a sealed Saturn three pack that included Daytona USA, Virtua Fighter 2, and Virtua Cop for $15. It's not sealed anymore. :)
QuoteThat was the pack-in for the saturn, right?  Good find, not terribly valuable, but fun.
Yeah it was a pack-in "Not for Resale" box. I am having loads of fun with Daytona. All I need now is a light gun to play Virtua Cop like it was meant to play.

Neurosis138

I still love Daytona!  This post reminds me that I need to play more Saturn

nectarsis

Christmas, and post Christmas gift card goodness  :dance: :dance: :dance:

/DSCN3349_zps8a6b4e36-1_zpscdca13cf.jpg

IMG
IMG
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

TheClash603

Nectarsis, you need to tell me how A vs X is, almost picked that up the other day even though I am more of a DC guy.

Mathius, keep showing the Sega Saturn love.  Daytona CCE is awesome and so is Sega Rally, best part is they are both cheapo.

Mathius

Quote from: TheClash603 on 01/02/2013, 11:51 PMNectarsis, you need to tell me how A vs X is, almost picked that up the other day even though I am more of a DC guy.

Mathius, keep showing the Sega Saturn love.  Daytona CCE is awesome and so is Sega Rally, best part is they are both cheapo.
I think I am going to pick up the Japanese version of Daytona CCE as it has some options lacking in the US release. Sega Rally is easily available here locally so I'll grab it in due time. :)

PCEngineHell

Quote from: nectarsis on 01/02/2013, 10:16 PMChristmas, and post Christmas gift card goodness  :dance: :dance: :dance:

i180.photobucket.com/albums/x285/nectarsis/DSCN3349_zps8a6b4e36-1_zpscdca13cf.jpg

IMG

IMG
Ahh classic X-Force and Cable comics. I think I have the Cable one, and I def have the Xforce one as I have most everything from that series on up to like issue 90-100'ish or so set aside along with a ton of other comics for my son when he is ready for them. X-Force was pretty sweet back in the day, and Cable was considered a real hot commodity back in the early 90's for Marvel. If I remember right New Mutants 87 was fetching $100 easy due to his character being established in that issue.

nectarsis

The Cable with the $10 sticker is some story arc, like 20+ issues, I figured good readers...some of the random older issues are for one of the kids that is showing interest in comics, so we made a half price books run.

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: galam on 01/02/2013, 06:42 PMI thought I got robotech for the gamecube once, but when I brought it home and opened the bag, the case was empty...no game.
Need the case/manual/inserts?
I do need a spare GC case for a loose disc I have.  Pm me if you'd like :)

turboswimbz

Just a few tid bits of turbo stuff.

/RCA_0195_zps7866c695.jpg
/RCA_0196_zps832285dd.jpg
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: turboswimbz on 01/04/2013, 09:13 PMJust a few tid bits of turbo stuff.
/RCA_0197_zpsc586f8c4.jpg
/RCA_0198_zps09d40d6c.jpg
What a tease.... can't post this without a story!
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

turboswimbz

Quote from: guest on 01/04/2013, 09:20 PMWhat a tease.... can't post this without a story!
Found this guy via the bay.  Lives a 1/4 mile away.  He had this collection, and didn't know much about it.  I offered him 500 for it a while back and we worked it out.  Bought this all sight unseen. :)  with a whim and a prayer about exactly what it contained.  little did I know how good condition this stuff was in and how complete.  I even got the map for YS 1 and 2!
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

MrFlutterPie

Damn dude deal of the century.

Congratz!

esteban

Quote from: turboswimbz on 01/04/2013, 09:26 PM
Quote from: guest on 01/04/2013, 09:20 PMWhat a tease.... can't post this without a story!
Found this guy via the bay.  Lives a 1/4 mile away.  He had this collection, and didn't know much about it.  I offered him 500 for it a while back and we worked it out.  Bought this all sight unseen. :)  with a whim and a prayer about exactly what it contained.  little did I know how good condition this stuff was in and how complete.  I even got the map for YS 1 and 2!
DAMN! :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Mishran

Finally got my hands on that MV-IC board and cables I've been after for my Neo cab. Missing the wire for the headphone jacks, but I'm not worried about it as I didn't plan on using headphones with my cab anyway. Can finally save my games when the wife pulls me away mid-game to do something else! :dance:

Nevermind, seems the card slot pins are all bent to hell. It's being returned. :(

MrFlutterPie

I got a pimp CD tower that is velvet covered on the inside.  I got it for $13 from s thrift store and I figured due to the velvet it won't scratch my Turbo games going in and out. It looks like it will hold roughly 120 games.

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: turboswimbz on 01/04/2013, 09:26 PM
Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 01/04/2013, 09:20 PMWhat a tease.... can't post this without a story!
Found this guy via the bay.  Lives a 1/4 mile away.  He had this collection, and didn't know much about it.  I offered him 500 for it a while back and we worked it out.  Bought this all sight unseen. :)  with a whim and a prayer about exactly what it contained.  little did I know how good condition this stuff was in and how complete.  I even got the map for YS 1 and 2!
PS, two of your images aren't working!
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

glazball

Totally awesome find today at the Half-Price Books near my house.  I always check the video games and thought "nice, they got a few non-sports SNES games!" and after flipping through Battle Clash and Metal Combat, I believe I said this out loud after seeing Aero Fighters: "no fucking way."  I honestly did a double take.  SNES Aero Fighters for 5.99.  This game sells for ridiculous amounts on eBay, and what's funny is they had this sitting out on the shelf and then right above, Yoshi's Safari for $30 locked in the case.  Also picked up Battle Clash and Metal Combat too for 5 each.  Great day! :D

/Aero%20Fighters.JPG
glazball's game collection and wantlist

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: glazball on 01/05/2013, 06:10 PMTotally awesome find today at the Half-Price Books near my house.  I always check the video games and thought "nice, they got a few non-sports SNES games!" and after flipping through Battle Clash and Metal Combat, I believe I said this out loud after seeing Aero Fighters: "no fucking way."  I honestly did a double take.  SNES Aero Fighters for 5.99.  This game sells for ridiculous amounts on eBay, and what's funny is they had this sitting out on the shelf and then right above, Yoshi's Safari for $30 locked in the case.  Also picked up Battle Clash and Metal Combat too for 5 each.  Great day! :D

/Aero%20Fighters.JPG
So jealous!

Congratz!

TheClash603

I don't know shit about the SNES, never even heard of that game before.  Saw the ebay prices, wowza.

ApolloBoy

Went to local computer shop and I somehow managed to find an Apple Pippin controller (!) for only $3. I have no intention of getting a Pippin so I figured someone on ASSemblergames might be interested.
IMG

Bardoly

Quote from: glazball on 01/05/2013, 06:10 PMTotally awesome find today at the Half-Price Books near my house.  I always check the video games and thought "nice, they got a few non-sports SNES games!" and after flipping through Battle Clash and Metal Combat, I believe I said this out loud after seeing Aero Fighters: "no fucking way."  I honestly did a double take.  SNES Aero Fighters for 5.99.  This game sells for ridiculous amounts on eBay, and what's funny is they had this sitting out on the shelf and then right above, Yoshi's Safari for $30 locked in the case.  Also picked up Battle Clash and Metal Combat too for 5 each.  Great day! :D

/Aero%20Fighters.JPG
Awesome!

Aero Fighters is a great game!  Play it, don't flip it!

dingsbums

Nando

Quote from: LameKat on 01/06/2013, 09:06 PMThe Santa haul

MovieGamePickup2012.jpg
https://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a79/LameKat/D96684A9-8BE9-48C7-AC30-5A7640CA230A-1805-0000016190C79188.jpg
Nice!

My wife and I just finished LOTR - well our first pass through the story line. By far the best lego game so far.

Burnt Lasagna

For reasons I do not fully understand myself, I ended up buying Escape From Bug Island (Wii) for $5...

IMG

...going to be great!  8-[
What Button Do You Press To Jump!?!

DrBread

IMG

The PSone is complete and everything is in the box.
Not pictured is a N64 expansion pak.
I really like video games...

Digi.k

some DS and a wii game..

/P1010935_zps6ab36607.jpg

Also Chinese New year is just around the corner so grabbing some Chinese/Tibetan imagery to place around the house.

/P1010936_zps37412732.jpg

chany60126

nectarsis

Marvel Handbook (HC) X-Men (SC) and free calendar

IMG

Opethian

Nando: THe bad sleep well is such a good movie you must check out High and Low!

chany: nice Neo Hauly!
IMG

LameKat

Watched Rashoman last night, it was excellent. Hope to get to the bad sleep well next. High and low was an amazing film, I'd recommend it to everyone.

esteban

Quote from: LameKat on 01/07/2013, 09:02 PMWatched Rashoman last night, it was excellent. Hope to get to the bad sleep well next. High and low was an amazing film, I'd recommend it to everyone.
Rashomon and High & Low are classics, of course :pcgs:

If you are digging these films, may I suggest: Fires on the Plain (Ichikawa). It rules. It has brutality and humor and everything. Of course, you can't go wrong with more Kurosawa, either.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG