The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opethian

ok now this begs for a Japanese Movie thread (non anime of course)
Nora Inu (Stray Dog)
Branded to Kill
Tokyo Drifter
Graveyard of Honor (both Fukusaku and Miike versions)
Harakiri

to name a few must owns!
IMG

Nando

Quote from: Opethian on 01/07/2013, 08:53 PMNando: THe bad sleep well is such a good movie you must check out High and Low!
Sweet, I've never heard of it. I'll check it out.

majors

I would not say I bought them, but payment for helping out Mad-Gear/16-bit at MAGFest.

/magfest-2013/large/1140-2013-01-08_10-27-41_367.jpg

Had drivers on my mind, kinda a theme for my purchases (also picked up Sega Rally Plus for SS for free)
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

esteban

Quote from: Opethian on 01/08/2013, 09:16 AMok now this begs for a Japanese Movie thread (non anime of course)
Nora Inu (Stray Dog)
Branded to Kill
Tokyo Drifter
Graveyard of Honor (both Fukusaku and Miike versions)
Harakiri

to name a few must owns!
I have Branded to Kill and Tokyo Drifter! Totally fun. GHOST DOG totally ripped off (sorry, had an HOMAGE) to our favorite director of gangsta films
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

esteban

Quote from: majors on 01/08/2013, 11:55 AMI would not say I bought them, but payment for helping out Mad-Gear/16-bit at MAGFest.
/1140-2013-01-08_10-27-41_367.jpg
Had drivers on my mind, kinda a theme for my purchases (also picked up Sega Rally Plus for SS for free)
I always liked Victory Run. I'm crazy.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

TheClash603

Needed to buy a new SD card on Amazon and it cost $18.

To get free shipping, I added Bangai O Spirits for the DS for $7.

DS games are stupid cheap right now, I have been stocking up a little at a time.

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: TheClash603 on 01/08/2013, 11:49 PMDS games are stupid cheap right now, I have been stocking up a little at a time.
I've been cashing in for a bit as well :)

SMF

I've been buying new ghost hunting gear for the upcoming summer overnight ghost hunts I have planned.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

roflmao

I picked up Silpheed: The Lost Planet for PS2 today for $4 and it is awesome!

munchiaz

TheClash603

Is Glory of Heracles any good?  It is only $6 on amazon right now.

munchiaz

Quote from: TheClash603 on 01/11/2013, 07:29 AMIs Glory of Heracles any good?  It is only $6 on amazon right now.
I bought it because it was only $6. My copy is still sealed. Ive read a bit about it and watched some videos. It seems like it is a typical  SRGP. Nothing special and a boring story. Hence why its gotten such lackluster reviews.

bartre

finally got one of the last ps2 games i want!
RAD: Robot Alchemic Drive.

played it a while back, loved it, but this is honestly the first copy I've ever held in my hands.

TheClash603

Quote from: munchiaz on 01/11/2013, 12:50 PM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 01/11/2013, 07:29 AMIs Glory of Heracles any good?  It is only $6 on amazon right now.
I bought it because it was only $6. My copy is still sealed. Ive read a bit about it and watched some videos. It seems like it is a typical  SRGP. Nothing special and a boring story. Hence why its gotten such lackluster reviews.
Doesn't sound too hot.

...will probably buy it for $6.

PikachuWarrior

I tried it out for 30min. It has an interesting premise, and the battle system is on a grid, but you or the enemy cannot go past a certain line.
IMG

ApolloBoy

Got all this SMS goodness from psychobear today:

IMG
IMG

futureman2000

Quote from: TheClash603 on 01/08/2013, 11:49 PMNeeded to buy a new SD card on Amazon and it cost $18.

To get free shipping, I added Bangai O Spirits for the DS for $7.

DS games are stupid cheap right now, I have been stocking up a little at a time.
I had a similar experience the other day: I bought a textbook for $54, then I found it on Amazon for $4 with Super Saver shipping... So I bought Shinobi and Street Fighter for the 3DS along with the book... for a total of $30. Luckily, the book store let me do a straight return on the textbook.

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

bartre

Picked up what is supposedly the rarest N64 cart, excluding not for resale stuff.
Turok Rage Wars, in the grey cart

munchiaz

nectarsis

These are from 04-05.  The Marvel NOW Cable and X-Force that starts in Feb I plan on checking out.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Mishran

Got in the mail a couple of packages today.

First one is my Flight of the Intruder NES game from Gao's Raffle. Thanks again bro!

Second one contained a Neo Geo MV-1FZ with UniBIOS 2.3 and a Vogatek MKV.

roflmao

I received a white PC-E CD Drive from Keith Courage today and it looks awesome!  Thanks to SMF for his awesome raffle, Keith Courage for his excellent CD Drive and www.retrogamecave.com for their AC Adapter I now have a complete briefcase unit. :D  I'll try to post pics tomorrow.

bartre

Quote from: guest on 01/14/2013, 10:56 PMI received a white PC-E CD Drive from Keith Courage today and it looks awesome!  Thanks to SMF for his awesome raffle, Keith Courage for his excellent CD Drive and www.retrogamecave.com for their AC Adapter I now have a complete briefcase unit. :D  I'll try to post pics tomorrow.
They really are nice, aren't they?
i like playing on mine way more than i ever did my old duo-r; just like the looks of it so much better it makes the games better.

roflmao

Quote from: bartre on 01/15/2013, 05:42 AMThey really are nice, aren't they?
i like playing on mine way more than i ever did my old duo-r; just like the looks of it so much better it makes the games better.
Yeah, it really is a wonder to behold.  It'll look even nicer when I get around to whitening it, but that's probably a long ways away. :D

Sparky

a few things this week for me including RANMA 1/2 DATŌ from Prof ((hugs)) :)
and some fun ps3 games for my little girl and i to play.

IMG

PunkCryborg

My kid was helping me take pics  :D
Got this Atomiswave and games for my birthday. Fist of the North Star ROCKS!
/20130115110902.jpg
Got these rad cards and R-Type from Bernie, Tricky Kick I got from Psychobear, Lynx boxes, sun visor, Lynx ac adaptor and pce game from T2KFreeker. Thanks guys!
/20130115112120.jpg
Picked up this marquee and King of Monsters along with a broken MVS from craigslist and Samurai Showdown V along with a unibios from Bustedstr8
/20130115110939.jpg

LameKat

Nice haul , would love to get an AW board with Dolphin Blue.

Mishran

Admittedly, this has to be my favorite thread on the board. It's alway cool to see what everyone can get their hands on. Nothing but a big ole' treasure trove of goodies here.

An AW is on my list as well, but the games seem to be a bit pricey even though the arcade board can be had for next to nothing. Much like the MVS.

PunkCryborg

Those AW carts are the bootleg carts from china which are about $40 each.

ApolloBoy

Just picked up a European SMS II for about $35 on eBay. I mainly bought it just for experimenting with and it'll be fun converting it to NTSC and adding all sorts of crap to it...
IMG

majors

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 01/15/2013, 11:26 AM[Lynx]... sun visor,
Wow, I did not know of the model 2 sun visor.

Good shit on the AW, it's a much cleaner setup verus the Naomi with all it's power, I/O, GD-ROM, etc. Wish it had more games released.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

SuperDeadite

Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

roflmao

Here's a pic of the completed PCE Briefcase unit!
(Click on the images to see larger versions. :D)

IMG

Notice how nice Keith Courage's Drive looks next to the PC Engine.  I really need to whiten it now...
And here are a couple extra pics of it for good measure:

IMG

You can see the cover for the briefcase unit in the background in the picture above.  I forgot to take a picture of it closed up.  :?

IMG

Also, here are a couple other recent pickups. I received the latest edition of Battletech as a Christmas present and have begun to paint the 25 included minis.  I picked up the Warhammer books because they are a fantastic resource for painting miniatures (though not necessarily giant walking robots-of-death).

IMG

Here are a few games I also picked up at the local used-stuff store.  I wasn't really on the hunt for Secret of Evermore, but for $15 I couldn't pass it up. :mrgreen:

IMG

FiftyQuid

/img20130115151803.jpg

I would like to say thank you to BlueBMW for setting me up with this SNES.  I have never played any SNES games and I'm really looking forward to playing SMW.  He basically shipped it to me for free so I will make sure the repay the favour sometime in the future.  Thanks BlueBMW!  Oh, and this is not something I care to admit, but when the SNES arrived I started playing around with it.  At first I thought the power button was broken.  I kept pressing it and it wasn't moving.  Then I figured out it was a sliding power button, not a push button.  SNES noob here.   :lol:

The GTA, and FF games in the above pic were included with my most recent purchase (shown below).  It's an original 80GB PS3 Fat.  Model CECH-E01.  I bought it for $100.  This model is backwards compatible with PS2 games, equipped with 4 USB ports, and has the concealed area for inserting photo cards (SD and what have you).  It came with a SIXAXIS controller (I now own 3), the original cables, original box/manuals/packaging, and even had the original twist-ties inside.  It had a bad Blu-ray drive, but having suffered from YLOD a year ago I already had an extra one lying around.  I swapped out the Blu-ray and voila!  So now I have 3 PS3 Fats.  Two fully functional, and one for parts.  Here's a picture of my new PS3 and the one I'm using for parts on the left.

/img20130115151836.jpg
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

roflmao

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 01/16/2013, 12:13 PMOh, and this is not something I care to admit, but when the SNES arrived I started playing around with it.  At first I thought the power button was broken.  I kept pressing it and it wasn't moving.  Then I figured out it was a sliding power button, not a push button.  SNES noob here.   :lol:
That's awesome!  Lol!  I did the same thing when I first received my pce briefcase unit.  I had no idea you had to turn on the pce *and* slide a little wonky thing on the briefcase unit itself.  Derp. :P

Congrats, btw!  BlueBMW is a freaking PCE angel.  Awhile back, he generously sent me a Genesis and Sonic 3 because it came up in Shoutbox that I had never heard the music before. Outstanding guy!

Sparky

Quote from: guest on 01/16/2013, 12:20 PM
Quote from: FiftyQuid on 01/16/2013, 12:13 PMOh, and this is not something I care to admit, but when the SNES arrived I started playing around with it.  At first I thought the power button was broken.  I kept pressing it and it wasn't moving.  Then I figured out it was a sliding power button, not a push button.  SNES noob here.   :lol:
That's awesome!  Lol!  I did the same thing when I first received my pce briefcase unit.  I had no idea you had to turn on the pce *and* slide a little wonky thing on the briefcase unit itself.  Derp. :P

Congrats, btw!  BlueBMW is a freaking PCE angel.  Awhile back, he generously sent me a Genesis and Sonic 3 because it came up in Shoutbox that I had never heard the music before. Outstanding guy!
hahahaha... good to hear as i could not get mine to work the first time as well, my pce briefcase system that is, i forgot to lock it down or something silly like that.

BigusSchmuck

I got Turbo version of Shockman, Wizardry 1&2, Blood Gear for $70 off a lot I found on Craig's list. Not terrible, but not ebay gouged.

Digi.k

2 more DS rpgs to add to my small collection.
/P1010953_zps69512d09.jpg

munchiaz

Quote from: Digi.k on 01/16/2013, 07:07 PM2 more DS rpgs to add to my small collection.
/P1010953_zps69512d09.jpg
I still need to pick up the world ends with you. I hear so many great things about that game. Anyway, heres what i got today

IMG

PunkCryborg

Got these for my birthday
Akira graphic novels 1-3
/20130117092416.jpg

Mathius

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 01/17/2013, 09:25 AMGot these for my birthday
Akira graphic novels 1-3
/20130117092416.jpg
Probably my favorite anime of ever!

Nando

Quote from: guest on 01/16/2013, 12:20 PMBlueBMW is a freaking PCE angel. Outstanding guy!
FOR SURE!!!!

ToiletKid

I just won a near mint copy of Bonk 3 CD on ebay for 300. Did I get an ok deal? Also picked up a cdr of Space Fantasy Zone for cheap.

FiftyQuid

Quote from: ToiletKid on 01/17/2013, 09:29 PMI just won a near mint copy of Bonk 3 CD on ebay for 300. Did I get an ok deal? Also picked up a cdr of Space Fantasy Zone for cheap.
It's only a deal if you think $300 is worth it to play Bonk 3 on CD.  Personally I won't pay over $70 for any game.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

ToiletKid

Highest I've ever paid before this is 90ish for Goemon 3 SFC awhile back and Hana Taka Daka (or whatever lol) last month. I love Bonk 3 and love the ost of what ive heard of CD version

bartre

found a few N64 goodies today:
Donald Duck Goin Quackers
Scooby Doo Classic Creep Capers
Shadowgate 64 Complete
Jet Force Gemini Complete
Aidyn Chronicles Complete
Zelda Collector's Edition box/manual (no Game)

NecroPhile

A couple PSP games:  Crazy Taxi - Fare Wars and Luxor - Pharaoh's Challenge
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

dingsbums

TheClash603

That's one you don't see every day.

Wai Wai World and boots are my only ways of playing with "Baby Mario."