@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Random Pictures Thread

Started by Joe Redifer, 02/10/2010, 02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkhan Asylum

Damn, I knew it was Lucky Luke and Asterix too!  would've been cool to say it before the pics were posted though, lol.

Asterix video games were pretty cool.   I have some 25mm figures from Asterix.   

http://wk.frothersunite.com/sc/asterix/asterix.htm

there's tons of them.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

GohanX

NightWolve

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 01/11/2013, 02:05 AMNo, dude.  I clearly saw the two people fucking, doggy style.  I'm saying I don't know what else that could possibly be.  Is there some part of the world where that sign has nothing to do with deep dicking?
Well, your previous response allows for ambiguity, the "I don't know what else you could see, there.  I have no idea what it's actually supposed to be." It's certainly nothing to get angry or arrogant about. Still, in understanding your response now, I didn't put forward another interpretation nor did anybody else of what it could be beyond something sexual, and yeah, there's only one (that's usually the case), I just hadn't figured it out initially. It doesn't have to be anything specific or meaningful initially in terms of these types of visual tests, really, but you're being shown a letter 'A' drawn in a certain way (underscored), plus two round balls, and you're told it's depicting something "dirty," hence sexual. I had to recall how human stick figures are drawn on bathroom doors for it to click, e.g.:
IMG

Quote from: Tatsujin on 01/11/2013, 02:50 AMLOL, ARE YOU SERIOUS?
Relax dude, I got it. These tests wouldn't be much fun if they were completely easy/obvious. No need to brag, be all like, "OMG, dude, you STILL can't see it???? OH. MY. GAAAWD. It's SO SO OBVIOUS??? How can you NOT SEE IT ??? In what part of the world is it not two people fucking ??? Jesus H. Christ!!!!!!!"

QuoteIMG
This is a pretty cool visual test, but I dunno if somebody could figure out all of these at once. You have to be a child of the 80's for some like TMNT and the Smurfs, etc.; it relies on a good memory and cartoon TV viewing habits of decades past and some in the present. The South Park and Simpsons ones in the middle I *might've* guessed, but eh, I went downward on the page and saw psychobear's guesses, so it's questionable now. Anyway, yeah, pretty cool.

Quote from: Nando on 01/11/2013, 11:41 AMA total cultural recognition thing, at least with Asterix and Obelix for sure. The Daltons were way before my time, but I recall seeing the comic covers.
Ah, this was kind of a better way of saying it: "a total cultural recognition thing."

CGQuarterly

I was not angry, and I am not arrogant, and I have no idea how you could have inferred either of those things from my post.  Being able to spot 2 people fucking in a supposedly abstract picture is certainly nothing to act arrogantly about.  I was simply stating that unless that is some kind of Cambodian road sign the likes of which I've never seen, that sign depicts nothing other than that which Snoop Dogg used to rap about.

Chris

NightWolve

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 01/12/2013, 03:57 AMI was not angry, and I am not arrogant, and I have no idea how you could have inferred either of those things from my post.  Being able to spot 2 people fucking in a supposedly abstract picture is certainly nothing to act arrogantly about.  I was simply stating that unless that is some kind of Cambodian road sign the likes of which I've never seen, that sign depicts nothing other than that which Snoop Dogg used to rap about.
No idea? That's certainly dishonest. When you ask, "Is there some part of the world where that sign has nothing to do with deep dicking?" it certainly shows arrogance/ego, a bragging of sorts that it was essentially no sweat for you to interpret what it was depicting. It seemed like you took insult from me interpreting your first comment as not figuring it out and posting another image that made it clearer - I'm sorry if you did. They only ever depict one thing, typically, and it's a matter of figuring it out, so your other comment of, "I don't know what else you could see, there." is suggesting something else was being seen on my part or others as opposed to just not figuring it out. OK, we get it, it was so glaringly easy for you and you wouldn't even consider it abstract or something of a visual trick, etc... Sheesh! Yeah, let's start a flame over this! Fucking-A!

Quote from: guest on 01/10/2013, 03:38 PMIt's the letter A with its umlauts trying to sneak away.
IMG
I almost missed your comment, and I didn't understand it, so I looked up umlaut, found that! I've seen that kind of 'A', forgot all about it though! That's pretty good that you made that realization, never would've gotten that...

Essentially it's that kind of 'A' and they moved the two dots to the left a bit and with the adding of outward underscores at the bottom, it achieved another kind of representation. Still, I reject the premise that it had to be from something else exactly to begin with (though it makes this one more clever, that it had an origin like this) that he's sort of operating under... I mean, the lego blocks are lego blocks, but they're depicting something and you have to figure out or realize what. In this case, you initially see a modified 'A' for the most part and two round dots on the left side. The clue tells you it's something sexual. So alright, well, if one recalls how human stick figures are drawn on bathroom doors for example, then you'll realize it. I was trying to think of some kind of sexual gesture or something initially. Heh. Anyway, the "dismounting pic" makes it clearer.

SuperPlay

NightWolve

Quote from: SuperPlay on 01/12/2013, 08:04 AMScarlett-BestButt.avif
Best one yet. I believe that guy on the right is an actor/comedian who's friends with Vince Vaughn and plays in a few movies with him.

CGQuarterly

"No idea? That's certainly dishonest. When you ask, "Is there some part of the world where that sign has nothing to do with deep dicking?" it certainly shows arrogance/ego, a bragging of sorts that it was essentially no sweat for you to interpret what it was depicting."

No, that was me asking if that sign has a legitimate meaning somewhere.

I really don't know what your problem is all of a sudden.  My last post was an attempt to clear the air because you misread the tone of the previous one, but then you went and misread the tone of that one, as well.  We've gotten along well here, and even exchanged PMs, so why would I all of a sudden starts intentionally insulting you out of the blue?

Chris

Flare65

Quote from: NightWolve on 01/12/2013, 08:36 AM
Quote from: SuperPlay on 01/12/2013, 08:04 AMScarlett-BestButt.avif
Best one yet. I believe that guy on the right is an actor/comedian who's friends with Vince Vaughn and plays in a few movies with him.
I like how as soon as she turns her ass towards him, his eyes drop down to stare at it.......along with the rest of the crowd!  lol

NightWolve

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 01/12/2013, 11:13 AMI really don't know what your problem is all of a sudden.  My last post was an attempt to clear the air because you misread the tone of the previous one, but then you went and misread the tone of that one, as well.  We've gotten along well here, and even exchanged PMs, so why would I all of a sudden starts intentionally insulting you out of the blue?
I posted the image to add to the thread in fun and also because I hadn't figured it out, thus I asked what anyone thought. If the responses are gonna be, "Gee, I dunno what else you can see other than what it is, stick figures in doggie style positioning obviously! Is there some part of the world where that wouldn't be the case ??", which come off as snobbish or snooty, whether you're seeing that or not, then why am I gonna bother ? Anyway, I don't want to beat it to death. If you didn't mean to be intentionally insulting, then I accept that.

Quote from: Flare65 on 01/12/2013, 12:10 PMScarlett-BestButt.avif
I like how as soon as she turns her ass towards him, his eyes drop down to stare at it.......along with the rest of the crowd!  lol
Well, that's a great looking ass, you can't blame them!!! Even the chicks are checking it out! ;) She's downright sexy and she knows it.

So, I looked up that actor's name on the right with the glasses, yeah, it's gotta be Jon Favreau. I believe Scarlett Johansson is in her Avengers outfit, so the connection as to why he would be on the set is because he was actually the executive producer. Not only that, turns out he directed the two Iron Mans and even "Cowboys & Aliens." I didn't know that, I realized he was buds with Vaughn cause they'd try to do movies starring together (e.g. "Couples Retreat", "The Break-Up", etc.), but I only ever thought he was a comic turned actor. That he's got a decent directorial career under his belt for action movies is pretty cool. He's likable.

tggodfrey

edit: nevermind you already said it.  Just commented I recognized him from couples retreat.
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

ParanoiaDragon

Yeah, I think he was called Happy Hogan in the Ironman's, or atleast, that's what I recall.  Too lazy to check! :)
IMG

JoshTurboTrollX

STOP!

Calvin and Hobbes.

calvin-walk8-big.avif
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Joe Redifer

Oh nice! a 28MB GIF file. Considering changing that to a hyperlink maybe.

PCEngineHell

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/14/2013, 05:50 PMOh nice! a 28MB GIF file. Considering changing that to a hyperlink maybe.
Why, you on dial up or something?

Joe Redifer

People using mobile devices.

PCEngineHell

I would think viewing any pictures based thread, you would just know going in that you will risk running into large file sizes both gif and png wise. Just common knowledge. Stop using your phone, get back on your Mac or something.

bob

Moot point if the fucking carriers would stop being such retarded douche bags and make unlimited data an affordable option.  I pay enough every month for a shitty phone that doesnt work half the time anyway.

JoshTurboTrollX

It's the largest gif possible party!!!!

IMG
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

PCEngineHell

traillulz1.jpg

Joe Redifer

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 01/15/2013, 08:44 AMI would think viewing any pictures based thread, you would just know going in that you will risk running into large file sizes both gif and png wise. Just common knowledge. Stop using your phone, get back on your Mac or something.
I've personally had no problem with it because I don't use a phone to surf here. But I know my iPod Touch is pretty much crippled when viewing GIFs bigger than a couple MB simply because it's a shitty piece of hardware. It's a 4th gen. iPhones are a bit more powerful but are still just as crippled by the iOS. So you've got the crappy iOS and then you've got the crappy GIF format (which is ancient and not optimized at all).

EDIT: I was going to post the world's largest GIF just for fun, but my ambitions were too grand. I was limited to 500 frames at 1920x1080 30fps but when it came time to actually write the file to disk, Photoshop kept giving me errors. Oh well.

majors

another wknd, another con....(images may bomb out)

IMG
IMG
IMG

good to see the kids playing arcade games.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Nando

Quote from: guest on 01/15/2013, 05:26 PMSilly hat day?
It's what the kids are into these days, don't-cha know?

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Joe Redifer

It's so weird seeing people sitting down to play arcade games. Or maybe they stand at candy cabs in Japan but Americans need to sit? I honestly do not know.

HercTNT

You know what to do...................

hercspicObey.webp

PCEngineHell

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/16/2013, 12:27 AMIt's so weird seeing people sitting down to play arcade games. Or maybe they stand at candy cabs in Japan but Americans need to sit? I honestly do not know.
Because our society has been making efforts to eliminate all effort needed to do anything  these days that requires physical or mental strain of any type. Why stand when you can sit? Why walk when you can ride around on a segway. With each new generation they are going to be lazier and lazier. Note the hats being worn in the pic? So much effort and thought was required to pick a tasteful or proper hat that day, that they simply succumbed to the overwhelming amounts of stress involved and just grabbed the first thing in front of them from their little sisters closet. Thats what it is boiling down to, laziness on even the most minutiae levels. Its amazing these kids were even willing to play any arcade games at all. I imagine in the future the only arcade games any kid will be willing to play are the laserdisc titles, due to their intense training on quick time event play. Anything else will require too much effort and skill.

esteban

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 01/20/2013, 12:13 PMNote the hats being worn in the pic? So much effort and thought was required to pick a tasteful or proper hat that day...
Hahhahahhahahaha.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Tatsujin

registration fail:

/regfail.png

:lol:
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

esteban

The leather belt qualifies as nature!

Tatsujin

I've thought so too, but my was I wrong :(

esteban

Quote from: Tatsujin on 01/21/2013, 07:44 AMI've thought so too, but my was I wrong :(
Well, that's because leather belts with forged steel buckles aren't found growing on trees in nature, unlike, say, Avenue Pad 6 (commonly grown on fig trees in the mediterranean).

JoshTurboTrollX

NinjaCrackerX

IMG

roflmao

That's great!

Here it is for those who don't like clicking links.

IMG

NinjaCrackerX

Quote from: guest on 01/21/2013, 11:12 PMThat's great!
Ha sorry I couldn't get the gif to show up properly so I replaced it with a totally different picture. Thanks for fixing it though!

PunkCryborg

/48465610151437141652386.jpg

Me at 5!

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: guest on 01/21/2013, 11:12 PMThat's great!

IMG
That is crazy cool.  The pics look like over coloured caricatures....  This is so rad!

IMG

420GOAT

I want to be more like 337.

The Wolf: If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the fucking car.

NinjaCrackerX

JoshTurboTrollX

SuperPlay

Few more off the interweb

IMG

IMG

/2uj3413.gif

IMG

A quiet beer after work!

IMG

Tatsujin

Lol, TANKCAT IS STRONG!!

geise

VestCunt

Geise - Thank you. It's like a five-second version of Werner Herzog's Grizzly Man.
Topic Adjourned.

NightWolve

Quote from: geise on 01/31/2013, 07:05 PMIMG
What a trooper, when asked why, she replied, "I did it for the lulz."

SuperPlay

nectarsis

/10151470032252704_lost.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Tatsujin

is that steel shit glowing?