10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Since 1987, nothing could match the level of OBEY-ness of the PCE, until now...

Started by Psycho Punch, 03/04/2013, 09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psycho Punch

Pyongyang Racer: North Korean Video Game Gets Western Release

Watch out, Super Mario Kart -- there's a new racing game on the market, and you'll never believe where it comes from. That's right: North Korea has made its first video game for Western release, a "simple browser game" called "Pyongyang Racer."

And simple it is -- the Verge review has this to say about the game:

QuoteThe "goal" of "Pyongyang Racer" is to explore the country's capital city while collecting fuel barrels to keep your car moving. Other than popular destinations in the city — which are surprisingly well-modeled compared to the rest of the game — there's not a whole lot to see. You're tasked to avoid other traffic, which shouldn't prove difficult since other cars on the road don't actually move. The entire experience looks like it was pulled straight out of the 32-bit console era.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/23/pyongyang-racer-north-korea-video-game_n_2348500.html

obey-poster-skull-monster.webp
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Psycho Punch

I can't believe they're still trying to convince us that cars, buildings and "traffic gals" are commonplace on North Korea...
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

bob

PukeSter

The game may be communist, but I'm happy that North Korea is trying to attempt something new.

td741

Quote from: Psycho Punch on 03/04/2013, 09:12 PMI can't believe they're still trying to convince us that cars, buildings and "traffic gals" are commonplace on North Korea...
Well considering that the streets are fairly empty with only the occasional car or bus, it sure doesn't look like it. ;)  I wonder what would happen if you did race around Pyongyang. :P

Nando

bob

I bet the goal is to drive around and collect food to ensure civilians dont get it first.

SignOfZeta

Observations:

I've played worse games, capitalist games. $4.99 windows shite from the early 2000s

It's nice to see that the unwritten rule that "anyone demoing a driving game must suck at it" is being adhered to even in this extremely non-challenging environment.

I like the logo. It's the best part.
IMG

Nando

Quote from: galam on 03/05/2013, 12:29 PMI bet the goal is to drive around and collect food to ensure civilians dont get it first.
HAH!

I wonder if we could mod it!