OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tatsujin

nice stuff peeps. and welcome benby in teh AES club. Now I might be able to support you with some super cheapy games like fatal fury, kof 94, AOF etc. when I'm going to hauling some HOs next time :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

nectarsis

Quote from: Tatsujin on 03/25/2013, 11:45 PMnice stuff peeps. and welcome benby in teh AES club. Now I might be able to support you with some super cheapy games like fatal fury, kof 94, AOF etc. when I'm going to hauling some HOs next time :)
Brenby likes not teh fighties :\
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Tatsujin

lol, but riding teh heroturd :P

unfortuantely any other genres on that systems starting at 40 bucks upwards :(
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Nando

Wow, awesome hauls everyone!

In the past few weeks I managed to find a CG copy of Twilight Princess and just last week I got a copy of Mario Sunshine. My kiddos are really digging Sunshine. Twilight Princess has me totally engrossed and I am barely into the game.

bob

Quote from: Nando on 03/26/2013, 12:11 PMWow, awesome hauls everyone!

In the past few weeks I managed to find a CG copy of Twilight Princess and just last week I got a copy of Mario Sunshine. My kiddos are really digging Sunshine. Twilight Princess has me totally engrossed and I am barely into the game.
I tried to enjoy TP, but the wolf, god the wolf...

Nando

Quote from: galam on 03/26/2013, 12:15 PM

Not there yet ;)

bob

Quote from: Nando on 03/26/2013, 12:43 PM

Not there yet ;)
Oh, sorry.  Its real early, so thought you might have been there.

Nando

Quote from: galam on 03/26/2013, 01:15 PM
Quote from: Nando on 03/26/2013, 12:43 PM

Not there yet ;)
Oh, sorry.  Its real early, so thought you might have been there.
it's all good, I come in with no expectations on the game. After I get done with it, I'll have to give Wind Waker a try as well. Considering waiting for the HD version of the Wii U eventually though.

Mishran

Just picked this up recently. PCB and box only, no kit contents.
/img0664oc.jpg

With the ridiculous prices for the MVS cart these days, I just bit the bullet and got this instead. Was marked as bad, but turned out to be just a loose slotted chip on the board. Not bad for $10.00. :-" Looks like it was barely used.

Always wanted to play it and quite like it. I noticed that the game gets alot of negative feedback over at the Neo-Geo.com forums. Does tend to suffer from issues such as with hit detection, but I can look past them.

Mathius

Finally, here is my MGC 2013 grabs.
/zpsbc82ffe1.jpg
/zps28180915.jpg

Sorry for the low quality pic. It doesn't do these twin towers justice. Big thanks to BlueBMW for taking my fried, beige X68000 and swapping it for this lovely lady. Black is beautiful.

/zpsc4e4967b.jpg
This mint Cotton was a $50 pickup. Thanks goes to Madgear for the great deal!

Opethian

IMG

chany60126

8Man! Glad to hear you got it. It's one of my fave beat em ups on the system. :)

Mathius

Oops! Forgot one...

IMG

Tatsujin

Lol, how could you forget about posting eliminate down?

How much did that set ya back? :)

Sparky

Nice Mathius, android assault is good and I got Pyramid Plunder as well this week in the mail :)

Mathius

Quote from: Tatsujin on 03/26/2013, 08:31 PMLol, how could you forget about posting eliminate down?

How much did that set ya back? :)
It's a repro sadly. I don't mind though as it was never released state side and I refuse to pay eBay prices. It's a really killer game though with bright colors and some sweet parallax.

Sparky, I have been spending the last two days with Android Assault (and Cotton too!). I am really digging the music!

BlueBMW

Revival Chase came today!  I was a little disappointed to see that they shrinkwrapped the game though...  We all know what that means.. :(
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 03/26/2013, 09:58 PMRevival Chase came today!  I was a little disappointed to see that they shrinkwrapped the game though...  We all know what that means.. :(
Yay. :(

Tatsujin

roflmao

jeffhlewis

Beemer - did you test the S-vid and FM on that Sega Master System? just wanted to make sure it survived the trip!

My MGC haul (all CIB!):
IMG
Keio 2 was the grail out of this bunch - from Carlson along with Valis IV, Pomping World and Chase HQ. The rest were either just lightgun games or stuff I found cheap during our emergency run to Gamestop.

IMG
Some cheapo Super Fami games I got late on Sunday. Guy I was buying from was selling most of them CIB, 5 for $20 along with some PCE games and loose Famicom carts. By the time I got there it was pretty much picked over.

IMG
The only game I really wanted to target specifically at MGC was Akumajo Densetsu for the Famicom - Carlson hooked me up again on this one (thanks man!). Also picked up Duck Tales, Star Soldier and everyone's favorite Huey.

tpivette

Pick ups in the last few weeks:

Turbo/PCE
- loose Ys 3 (US)
- Vasteel (US)
- Final Zone II (US)
- CIC Cotton (PCE)

Gamecube (CIC)
- Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance
- Animal Crossing (even came with the original memory card!)
- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
- Metroid Prime

Gamecube (loose)
- platinum Gamecube console w digital out (replaced my Indigo one)
- Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit 2
- Shadow the Hedgehog
- Sonic Mega Collection
- Star Fox Adventures
- Viewtiful Joe
- Lego Star Wars
- Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour

PS2
- Dragon Quest VIII (missing manual)

3DS
- Fire Emblem: Awakening

Also got Monster Hunter 3: Ultamite for both my Wii U an 3DS so the wife and I can team up for some hunts
Original owner of a TG-16 since 1989!

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
Vita - Conception 2
PS3 - Tales of Graces f
Wii U - Monster Hunter 3 Ulltimate

BlueBMW

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 03/26/2013, 10:41 PMBeemer - did you test the S-vid and FM on that Sega Master System? just wanted to make sure it survived the trip!
Oh it works fantastic!  Played a lot of Outrun the other night.  Great tunes + great visuals!  Pure awesome!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Tatsujin

Quote from: BlueBMW on 03/26/2013, 11:44 PM
Quote from: jeffhlewis on 03/26/2013, 10:41 PMBeemer - did you test the S-vid and FM on that Sega Master System? just wanted to make sure it survived the trip!
Oh it works fantastic!  Played a lot of Outrun the other night.  Great tunes + great visuals!  Pure awesome!
yeah even better than the saturn version ;)

jeffhlewis

Quote from: Tatsujin on 03/26/2013, 11:46 PM
Quote from: BlueBMW on 03/26/2013, 11:44 PM
yeah even better than the saturn version ;)
I beat outrun for the first time in my life playing the Saturn version sunday - almost cried

bob

$5 each at a discount store near me...
Killzone has a GH sticker on the shrink, but it's the black label version underneath.

/turbo/5.jpg[/img]

esteban

Quote from: galam on 03/27/2013, 07:23 PM$5 each at a discount store near me...
Killzone has a GH sticker on the shrink, but it's the black label version underneath.

/turbo/5.jpg[/img]
Tell me about those joysticks for Wii. I need something for the beat-em-ups in the Data East Collection.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: esteban on 03/28/2013, 10:22 AMTell me about those joysticks for Wii. I need something for the beat-em-ups in the Data East Collection.
I mostly play Magical Drop 3 on that Data East collection.

Anyway, I have two of the Hori Wii Joysticks and they're great. I highly recommend those.
--DragonmasterDan

bob

Quote from: esteban on 03/28/2013, 10:22 AM

/turbo/5.jpg[/img]
Tell me about those joysticks for Wii. I need something for the beat-em-ups in the Data East Collection.
PM me your address and i'll send you one.

roflmao

/turbo/5.jpg[/img]
If you ever open up Killzone, you'll see my name in the credits in the manual! :)  It was one of 2 games that I got my name in (The other being Rainbow Six: Lockdown for the PS2). I took a crack at working in QA for a few game companies bitd, but it didn't take.

geise

roflmao

Quote from: geise on 03/28/2013, 12:18 PMYou did QA for RedStorm?
Yep!  Not for very long, though.  I just worked on that one game and a Ghost Recon patch for one of the Xbox games.  I had a longer stint with Sony and a really short stint with Vivendi (I commuted from San Diego to Los Angeles and that got old fast).

bob

Quote from: guest on 03/28/2013, 12:22 PM
Quote from: geise on 03/28/2013, 12:18 PMYou did QA for RedStorm?
Yep!  Not for very long, though.  I just worked on that one game and a Ghost Recon patch for one of the Xbox games.  I had a longer stint with Sony and a really short stint with Vivendi (I commuted from San Diego to Los Angeles and that got old fast).
SWEET. My early career was QA for a financial institution.  So, yeah, you win.  :D

nectarsis

/turbo/5.jpg[/img]
I'd like to know more on those sticks also, finally have a reason for one lol

bob

Quote from: nectarsis on 03/28/2013, 12:38 PM

/turbo/5.jpg[/img]
I'd like to know more on those sticks also, finally have a reason for one lol
PM me your address and i'll send you one.  I dont have much use for them, but to be honest, i keep a look out for good deals like these in case anybody in here wants this stuf.
I got you guys backs!

bob

/turbo/5.jpg[/img]
What is this DE collection you speak of?   :-k

Sparky

A few things that last couple weeks... Yes that's jenga donkey kong and I am a big fan of the game resistance :)

IMG

IMG

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: galam on 03/28/2013, 04:40 PMWhat is this DE collection you speak of?   :-k
It's a Wii collection with Bad Dudes, Two Crude Dudes, Burger Time, Bump N Jump, Caveman Ninja, Lock N Chase, Magical Drop 3 and a handful of others.
--DragonmasterDan

TheClash603

Resistance is the best FPS of the era, hands down.

I always say how much I like this game and people react with "why?"  Now that the developer is moving on from the franchise, it sadly might be done.

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 03/29/2013, 07:22 AM
Quote from: galam on 03/28/2013, 04:40 PMWhat is this DE collection you speak of?   :-k
It's a Wii collection with Bad Dudes, Two Crude Dudes, Burger Time, Bump N Jump, Caveman Ninja, Lock N Chase, Magical Drop 3 and a handful of others.
Holy crap man!!  I kind of need this.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B002X36HPO/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

DragonmasterDan

--DragonmasterDan

majors

Quote from: nectarsis on 03/28/2013, 12:38 PMI'd like to know more on those sticks also, finally have a reason for one lol
I saw those Wii sticks at 5Below also. Can Galam shed some light on the internal construction? Five bucks for a shell, that can be used for "real" parts could be useful. Are these Hori knock-offs?
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

nectarsis

Thanks to Ope for teh Arkanoid, bartre for getting me into Persona arena  :P

/zps8727f0db.jpg

TheClash603

nectaris, you need to get the PS3 MLB 13 too, it is great fun to play your RTTS at home and on the road.  The home game is definitely the better of the 2 too.  Amazon had buy both get $20 off if you preordered, was a great deal.

PunkCryborg

/20130329145254.jpg

Picked up the mac daddy or RGB monitors, the NEC XM29 this things blows my sony PVMs out of the water

/20130329145237.jpg

Mathius

I really need to join the PVM club!

bob

Quote from: nectarsis on 03/29/2013, 04:21 PMThanks to Ope for teh Arkanoid, bartre for getting me into Persona arena  :P
/zps8727f0db.jpg
The persona series is one I have always wanted to try. I hear good things about it.

nectarsis

Quote from: TheClash603 on 03/29/2013, 05:36 PMnectaris, you need to get the PS3 MLB 13 too, it is great fun to play your RTTS at home and on the road.  The home game is definitely the better of the 2 too.  Amazon had buy both get $20 off if you preordered, was a great deal.
Ughh wish I would have seen that deal first :\

Sparky

Quote from: TheClash603 on 03/29/2013, 07:50 AMResistance is the best FPS of the era, hands down.

I always say how much I like this game and people react with "why?"  Now that the developer is moving on from the franchise, it sadly might be done.
We are so going to hug!

bartre

Quote from: guest on 03/30/2013, 01:00 AM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 03/29/2013, 07:50 AMResistance is the best FPS of the era, hands down.

We are so going to hug!
i thought 1 was awesome, 2 kinda lost me, and i have yet to try 3.
what did you guys think of killzone?