@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheClash603

Quote from: bartre on 03/30/2013, 09:21 AM
Quote from: guest on 03/30/2013, 01:00 AM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 03/29/2013, 07:50 AMResistance is the best FPS of the era, hands down.

I always say how much I like this game and people react with "why?"  Now that the developer is moving on from the franchise, it sadly might be done.
We are so going to hug!
i thought 1 was awesome, 2 kinda lost me, and i have yet to try 3.
what did you guys think of killzone?
I think you need to stop asking about  Killzone and you need to pick up Resistance 3, which can be found on the cheap now.

RoyVegas

Picked up this 26" NEC TV from a small thrift shop for $10. It was untested and the power cord was completely cut off. Bought a new cord for $12 at Radio Shack and it cleaned up nicely.

IMG
/20130330_080756.jpg
All is well. :)

SNKNostalgia

What looks to be an early 90's NEC set with early 90's NEC consoles. NEC on NEC action, the way it was meant to be. I crossbreed with an early 2000 Sony or Toshiba. Once I went flat screen CRT with digital comb filter... I never could go back.

PunkCryborg

high five roy for us in the nec tv club

esteban

Quote from: SNKNostalgia on 03/30/2013, 12:09 PMWhat looks to be an early 90's NEC set with early 90's NEC consoles. NEC on NEC action, the way it was meant to be. I crossbreed with an early 2000 Sony or Toshiba. Once I went flat screen CRT with digital comb filter... I never could go back.
I was going to say late 80's (with those buttons on the front), but Roy can look at the back and tell us the manufacturing info!

I'm going to guess 1989. I bet SNKNostalgia is closer, but, anyway... :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

jeffhlewis

Quote from: RoyVegas on 03/30/2013, 11:07 AMPicked up this 26" NEC TV from a small thrift shop for $10. It was untested and the power cord was completely cut off. Bought a new cord for $12 at Radio Shack and it cleaned up nicely.
What kind of inputs you got on that bad boy? s-vid/comp/rgb?

also - there's a 14" Sony PVM outside of Chicago for sale for $50 right now on Craigslist if anyone's interested.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/ele/3673834813.html

RoyVegas

Its birthday is September 1987 ( two years before the Turbob) and the inputs are comp.
All is well. :)

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: RoyVegas on 03/30/2013, 11:07 AMPicked up this 26" NEC TV from a small thrift shop for $10. It was untested and the power cord was completely cut off. Bought a new cord for $12 at Radio Shack and it cleaned up nicely.
IMG
/20130330_080756.jpg
The pic kinda looks like  a hotel room to me lol.

Congratz on the sweet sweet NEC T.V

ApolloBoy

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 03/30/2013, 02:40 PMalso - there's a 14" Sony PVM outside of Chicago for sale for $50 right now on Craigslist if anyone's interested.

That's only got composite and S-video though, not worth it IMO.
IMG

nectarsis

Quote from: ApolloBoy on 03/30/2013, 07:54 PM
Quote from: jeffhlewis on 03/30/2013, 02:40 PMalso - there's a 14" Sony PVM outside of Chicago for sale for $50 right now on Craigslist if anyone's interested.

S-Vid on a PVM looks damn near as good as RGB
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Tatsujin

Quote from: RoyVegas on 03/30/2013, 05:27 PMIts birthday is September 1987 ( two years before the Turbob).
or how about 1 month before the pce ;)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

CGQuarterly

IMG

Sorry about the crappy picture quality.  Not enough light in the room.

Nekketsu Koukou Soccer (Super CD)
Art of Fighting (Arcade CD)
TurboGrafx-16 and Turbo Express Secrets volume 2

esteban

Quote from: Tatsujin on 03/30/2013, 11:43 PM
Quote from: RoyVegas on 03/30/2013, 05:27 PMIts birthday is September 1987 ( two years before the Turbob).
or how about 1 month before the pce ;)
Aha! Thanks for looking that up, Roy. 1987 baby, I knew it was 80's...the buttons on the front are the giveaway...by the late 80's/early 90's, designs were increasingly avoiding drawing attention to buttons.

Let's see...1987...I was rocking:
19" RCA TV (CATV in) <-- VCR (composite video in) <-- NES --> 8-track stereo receiver (it had a "mono" button to send sound to both speakers when a source was mono, such as NES).

Tatsujin

the nes, that mono monster :)
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Bernie

Just worked out a deal with Clash for Bonk 3 CD!  :). I know the game catches shit, but I actually like it with the added CD sounds.

ApolloBoy

Quote from: nectarsis on 03/30/2013, 08:20 PM

True, but for that price you can just as easily find one that has RGB or both RGB and component. I got both of my PVMs (one's an older one with RGB, the other is a little newer with dual RGB/component inputs) for about $35 locally.

Anyway, I picked this up yesterday. I spent a little more than I was willing to pay but it's one of the harder to find Atari 8-bit carts and it's a damn good port of the game too: http://tinyurl.com/bpn4hat
IMG

EvilEvoIX

I got all of this stuff for free except the Atari which was $5 and Aladdin was $3.  Yes the boxed turbo booster and Metal Slug X were free.

IMG

IMG

IMG
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

CGQuarterly

How did you get the stuff for free?

Chris

PikachuWarrior

/20130331131552.jpg

Pikachu 3DS XL: $170
FFXIII-2 PS3: $.26 cents

The 3DS XL got a black line within 12 hours as shown here:

/20130328230847.jpg

So I had to send it to Nintendo since all the stores locally, within Wisconsin anyway, are sold out as it was a Limited Edition console. Should be back within the next week to week and a half.

FF13-2, I am not really fond of. But I'll trudge through it since I want to see how the storyline continues from the first game.

Also at Goodwill, I picked up these for $1.50 each:

/20130330181124.jpg
IMG

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 03/31/2013, 12:29 AMIMG

Sorry about the crappy picture quality.  Not enough light in the room.

Nekketsu Koukou Soccer (Super CD)
Art of Fighting (Arcade CD)
TurboGrafx-16 and Turbo Express Secrets volume 2
Oh man so jealous!

I have volume 1 of the turbo secrets series and am looking for volume two.

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 03/31/2013, 02:19 PMHow did you get the stuff for free?

Chris
My buddy owns an arcade and collects massive amounts of stuff.  Most were doubles.  He has a brand new boxed duo and a fuck ton of neo geo stuff.  I also picked up Bio Shock infinite.  Liking it so far.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

CGQuarterly

Get me some free MVS games.  Or at least some cheap ones...

:D

Chris

tsuran

My recent acquisitions. Got a great deal on the psp lot, and 200 of the universal game cases to nice up the collection a bit.

IMG
Posting is overrated.

Tatsujin

nice toe you've got there, tsur :)

how much was it?

tsuran

Haha, yeah  :P I got both psp 3000's 3 mem sticks(2 8 gig, and 1 16 gig) 2 extra batteries, and all 6 games for 60 bucks. One of the psp's works flawlessly, but the other one has a busted memory card slot which makes it pretty much useless :roll: Still a great deal, and I figgure I can find someone to replace the slot sometime.
Posting is overrated.

dingsbums

So a few months ago I bought this set on Yahoo (mainly because it was cheap  :D). The package finally arrived here last Saturday (after several weeks at the customs office  :?) :

/24097579.jpg

So nothing special right ? - but in one of the cases was this (I scanned the CD):

/pccocoron1.jpg

PS: Needless to say - I'm the happiest person right now  :D.

Bernie

PunkCryborg

Incredible find! I pray to god you show us more :D

Tatsujin

lol, sure you had that in your package, dingsbums ;)

SuperDeadite

LOL, considering that is clearly gaijin-writing, it's APRIL FOOLS!
(for those that can't read it, it says PC Cocoron Sample Disk)
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

esteban

Quote from: dingsbums on 04/01/2013, 05:05 AM/pccocoron1.jpg

PS: Needless to say - I'm the happiest person right now  :D.
I love the music for Nostalgia 1907 on Mega-CD. Really. Lots of wonderful tracks (instrumental).

Your find is potentially better...but I think the music from Nostalgia 1907 trumps it (here's a taste... Listen to a wonderful song from Nostalgia 1907 ). Gorgeous.

:pcgs:

Tatsujin

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 04/01/2013, 06:58 AMLOL, considering that is clearly gaijin-writing, it's APRIL FOOLS!
in fact it reads Sanfle Disk ;)

PunkCryborg

yeah i just realized what day it was after I posted lulz

esteban

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 04/01/2013, 06:58 AMLOL, considering that is clearly gaijin-writing, it's APRIL FOOLS!
I thought the text on the CD was written in Hebrew, no?

Tatsujin

Quote from: esteban on 04/01/2013, 09:39 AM
I thought the text on the CD was written in Hebrew, no?

lol.. you shoud have known, not?

SuperDeadite

Quote from: Tatsujin on 04/01/2013, 08:20 AM
in fact it reads Sanfle Disk ;)
I wasn't gonna tell him that.  Help fight that silly pirates that will copy that disk on ebay :P

futureman2000

Quote from: ApolloBoy on 03/31/2013, 01:09 PM

True, but for that price you can just as easily find one that has RGB or both RGB and component. I got both of my PVMs (one's an older one with RGB, the other is a little newer with dual RGB/component inputs) for about $35 locally.

Anyway, I picked this up yesterday. I spent a little more than I was willing to pay but it's one of the harder to find Atari 8-bit carts and it's a damn good port of the game too: http://tinyurl.com/bpn4hat
http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/pho/3695814102.html

This pvm looks pretty good if anyone is around Detroit

dingsbums

Quote from: Tatsujin on 04/01/2013, 05:55 AMlol, sure you had that in your package, dingsbums ;)
Happy APRIL FOOLS DAY everyone :)

Quote from: Tatsujin on 04/01/2013, 08:20 AMin fact it reads Sanfle Disk ;)
What is written wrong ??? I just wrote "Sample Disk" in the Google translator and this is the translation ;).

On a serious note:
Like everyone else around here (????) I would love to have PC Cocoron but I know that will sadly never happen :(.

@ Tatsujin: Do you know the two owners in Japan of PC Cocoron in person ??? Why they don't want to "share" that game ???

SuperDeadite

The owner Yuki is a cool dude, I've not met him in person (tats has at the bar), but I've done a few email chats with him.  Very helpful as long as you follow the rules.  The only being is that you don't ask for what you can't have.  :P  If he ever decides to share PCC, it won't be because of people pestering him.

And Tats is correct, you wrote "Sanfle", you forgot the modifying marker which changes Fu into Pu. :)

CGQuarterly

Quote from: futureman2000 on 04/01/2013, 11:08 AM
Quote from: ApolloBoy on 03/31/2013, 01:09 PM

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/pho/3695814102.html

This pvm looks pretty good if anyone is around Detroit
I have almost the exact same monitor.  Mine is a different model # but it looks exactly like that.  It's pretty small, but has a great picture.  Good for a secondary monitor, but probably too small for someone's primary gaming display.  But if you put it up on a desk at eye-level, it's great.  Mine sits on my desk right next to my computer monitor (which also doubles as my TV.)

For $55, I'd pick it up.

Chris

Edit: Just as a warning, the built-in speaker doesn't work with RGB for some reason.  Only composite and s-video.

FiftyQuid

There's not much Turbob up where I am.  I've only made one local find (through Kijiji) and that scored me some great hu card games and my TG-CD with hard shell.  Today I made my second local Kijiji find.  All I really wanted was the TG case (in the background), but to get it I had to buy the entire lot.  Asking price was $400, but I told them that was high and offered $250.  I thought that was a reasonable offer and not a low ball.  Pretty happy with the transaction.  All of it is in pretty good condition.

Keep an eye on my 4sale thread as I'll be adding quite a few items.  I also plan on bringing a lot of this to a local (Kitchener) game meet in May as trade bait.

Two more copies of Keith Courage!  Lucky me!  ](*,)

/img20130401174730.jpg
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

TheClash603

Time Gal arrived today.  Hoooray!

Bernie

Quote from: TheClash603 on 04/01/2013, 07:30 PMTime Gal arrived today.  Hoooray!
I will be singing the same tune when Bonk 3 CD arrives!  :)

roflmao

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 04/01/2013, 06:44 PMThere's not much Turbob up where I am.  I've only made one local find (through Kijiji) and that scored me some great hu card games and my TG-CD with hard shell.  Today I made my second local Kijiji find.  All I really wanted was the TG case (in the background), but to get it I had to buy the entire lot.  Asking price was $400, but I told them that was high and offered $250.  I thought that was a reasonable offer and not a low ball.  Pretty happy with the transaction.  All of it is in pretty good condition.

Keep an eye on my 4sale thread as I'll be adding quite a few items.  I also plan on bringing a lot of this to a local (Kitchener) game meet in May as trade bait.
Congrats, Quid!  I'd say $250 is a fair price for all that.  I love that case and can't wait for the moment you pass it on to me. :)

Tatsujin

hoobs88

IMG
Castlevania-Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate

I wasn't even aware of this game until I saw it in this compilation video from youtube:
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

TheClash603

Quote from: Tatsujin on 04/01/2013, 08:30 PM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 04/01/2013, 07:30 PMTime Gal arrived today.  Hoooray!
teh CD or teh LD GAL?
LD GAL for me.  I can toss my old teh CD GAL out the window now.

BlueBMW

Very nice clash.  Though I have to say it... pics or it didnt happen  :twisted:  You just need 3d virtual aussie now right?  Or did you already grab that one too?

I'm well on my way to being a total aeshole.  AES cart #2 arrived today.

/MagLord_zps709c9e9f.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

munchiaz

My recent pick ups

Returned Batman and picked up my lego. Have yet to play it yet, cant stop playing Monster hunter
IMG

I wanted the 3DS so badly i pre ordered it from Gamestop.com, then i had my g/f go to target in the morning (i was at work) to buy one, since it was $160 instead of $199. The next day i returned the one i got from gamestop
IMG

Took a lil over a month to get this. First one i got in the mail, the head was detached. I bought this from NCSX, and when they shipped it all they put in the box was newspaper, and they wrapped the box of the model in a KOF maximum impact 2 poster. After i sent it back and got another one, the box had bubble wrap and all the packing fixins
IMG

Tatsujin