RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoshTurboTrollX

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Bardoly

/sactionkungfucib.jpg

Picked this up and completed my TurboGrafx-16 HuCard set!  Not counting Magical Chase of course.   ](*,)

turboswimbz

Quote from: Bardoly on 04/16/2013, 05:44 PM/sactionkungfucib.jpg

Picked this up and completed my TurboGrafx-16 HuCard set!  Not counting Magical Chase of course.   ](*,)
CONGRATS!
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

turbokon

Awesome!! I got like 40 something to go to complete my TG-16 collection.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

jeffhlewis

Virtua Racing for the Genny is pretty damn underrated IMHO

bartre

grats bardoly!

that said, i got a few things today:
Diddy Kong Racing and Star Fox 64 promo VHS tapes
Garfield: Caught in the Act (Genesis)
Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare (Dreamcast)

FiftyQuid

Congratulations!  I just need the two manuals in my sig to complete my set (excluding MC and LOTH of course).
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

bob

Did a little thrifting today and got this pile for under $30...

dotsandloops.com/turbo/pt1.jpg
dotsandloops.com/turbo/pt2.jpg

At the same time, the mail arrives with...

dotsandloops.com/turbo/pt3.jpg

And after the thrift store, I stop by local GameStop to see if my pre-order arrived.  As I'm walking in, the UPS guy shows up with a delivery.  The employee checked the incoming shipment, and with my impeccable timing, the UPS guy just delivered it!

dotsandloops.com/turbo/pt4.jpg

MrFlutterPie

Congratz dude!

Bardoly

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 04/16/2013, 09:04 PM

Congratulations!  I just need the two manuals in my sig to complete my set (excluding MC and LOTH of course).
Thanks!  Of course, now that I've decided to go CIB, now I still have 40 or so boxes to find. (and only 1 more manual - LOHT)   ](*,)

Flare65

Work had me driving through Minnesota and I passed a video game shop in some strip mall.  I stopped and looked around and found the japanese version of PSP of Ultimate Ghouls and Ghosts factory sealed for 29.99.  i liked the cover art so much I bought it.  Still have not opened it as I have the North American release of the game, but there looks to be something floating around inside the case.......

IMG

Can anyone translate what this sticker says ?

IMG

munchiaz

Quote from: Flare65 on 04/18/2013, 07:32 PMWork had me driving through Minnesota and I passed a video game shop in some strip mall.  I stopped and looked around and found the japanese version of PSP of Ultimate Ghouls and Ghosts factory sealed for 29.99.  i liked the cover art so much I bought it.  Still have not opened it as I have the North American release of the game, but there looks to be something floating around inside the case.......

IMG

Can anyone translate what this sticker says ?

IMG
Im not sure what it translates to, but im pretty sure its stating there is a D-pad attachment that is included. Basically it attaches to the analog stick and looks like a D-pad on something like a SNES controller. I think thats what that sticker means, i could be wrong

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Yamazaki

Got this beauty yesterday in my post box.

IMG

was quite cheap too!

Nando

Quote from: Yamazaki on 04/19/2013, 05:54 AMGot this beauty yesterday in my post box.

IMG

was quite cheap too!
What game is that? I sorta recognize the characters but not really.

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Yamazaki

I wished it had some 18+ content like Tokimeki or other games

NecroPhile

That's one I'd like to have, but not at the price it usually fetches.  How cheap did ya snag it for?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

CGQuarterly

April 18th chall forever be known in my house as "Dia de Los Neo Geos." 

Received 3 packages yesterday, all of which I've been anxiously anticipating.

IMG

Package 1: CMVS (w/ power supply and RGB cable) from Xian Xi.  Unibios 3.1, stereo mod, battery mod.  Got a nice deal on it because I didn't need a video encoder board since I only play on a PVM. 

Package 2: 2 Neo controllers from a buddy of mine.  Traded him for some custom Xbox controllers that I made a while back.

Package 3: This is the one that I was really worried about.  I broke one of the cardinal rules of Craigslist.  I did a non-local deal.  Found a guy down in LA selling some MVS games, one of which was NTM (my most wanted game).  So I figured I'd e-mail the guy and feel him out.  Anyway, the deal went smoothly and I got my games.  NTM looks practically brand new, and more importantly isn't a boot.

IMG

The AES stick already got SANWA'ED!  New buttons (obviously) and a new ball top.  HUGE improvement.  Eventually I want an AI stick, but this stick is great for now.

Chris

mac

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 04/19/2013, 12:10 PMApril 18th chall forever be known in my house as "Dia de Los Neo Geos." 

Received 3 packages yesterday, all of which I've been anxiously anticipating.

IMG

Package 1: CMVS (w/ power supply and RGB cable) from Xian Xi.  Unibios 3.1, stereo mod, battery mod.  Got a nice deal on it because I didn't need a video encoder board since I only play on a PVM. 

Package 2: 2 Neo controllers from a buddy of mine.  Traded him for some custom Xbox controllers that I made a while back.

Package 3: This is the one that I was really worried about.  I broke one of the cardinal rules of Craigslist.  I did a non-local deal.  Found a guy down in LA selling some MVS games, one of which was NTM (my most wanted game).  So I figured I'd e-mail the guy and feel him out.  Anyway, the deal went smoothly and I got my games.  NTM looks practically brand new, and more importantly isn't a boot.

IMG

The AES stick already got SANWA'ED!  New buttons (obviously) and a new ball top.  HUGE improvement.  Eventually I want an AI stick, but this stick is great for now.

Chris
Very nice find.

Personally have went the long distance CL route a few times and so far so good.

nectarsis

SOme solid Ebay nabs, and a trip to the local comic shop  :dance: :dance:

IMG

IMG

IMG
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

munchiaz

^ that variant for guardians of the galaxy is awesome.

Heres my recent pickups. Thanks to PCEngineHell for the Valis 2 and Air zonk

IMG

FiftyQuid

Quote from: nectarsis on 04/19/2013, 07:08 PMIMG
I have all of these.  If you're looking for more hit me up.  I'll give you a good deal.  I have about 800 comics (DC/Marvel/Image) stored, backed, and bagged.

Shadow

www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!

www.lightspeed.ch
Fun, Games 'n Friends

munchiaz

Quote from: Shadow on 04/20/2013, 09:47 AMIMG

looking forward to play that :)
Its an awesome game. Kindof wish i didn't play it on hard difficulty though. Takes alot of time to play, and i don't have a whole lot of time for just one game.

BlueBMW

got a few pce games in.

/1-2_zpsc7f2df97.jpg

and a neo geo stick...

/2-1_zps5464447e.jpg

and some turbob themed (in color at least) skis.  Too bad I cant use em for much til next winter :(

/skis_zps97054f91.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

TheClash603

It is snowing today in Buffalo, come here and ski.

munchiaz

Today's pickups. I cut back on my comic book purchasing, only reading these, and nowhere men

IMG

FiftyQuid

Quote from: BlueBMW on 04/20/2013, 03:15 PMgot a few pce games in.

i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac253/bmcdanold/1-2_zpsc7f2df97.jpg

and a neo geo stick...

i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac253/bmcdanold/2-1_zps5464447e.jpg

and some turbob themed (in color at least) skis.  Too bad I cant use em for much til next winter :(

i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac253/bmcdanold/skis_zps97054f91.jpg
Jesus Blue... How much disposable income do you have ? :D  Awesome skis.

BlueBMW

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 04/20/2013, 11:02 PMJesus Blue... How much disposable income do you have?  :D  Awesome skis.
28 and single, and I bought the skis at the end of the season so they were about 60% off hehe.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Sparky

Quote from: BlueBMW on 04/20/2013, 11:19 PM
Quote from: FiftyQuid on 04/20/2013, 11:02 PMJesus Blue... How much disposable income do you have?  :D  Awesome skis.
28 and single, and I bought the skis at the end of the season so they were about 60% off hehe.
Come visit and bring home a Canadian girl... They can really wash down a table.

PikachuWarrior

Got this sweet "Aicuchi Dragon Tanto Samurai Dagger" for $25 including the box at a local Thrift Store:

/20130420232156.jpg

Reference Link:

bytheswordinc com/p-574-aicuchi-dragon-tanto-samurai-dagger-by-marto-m281.aspx
IMG

Tatsujin

lol, what should that thing supposed to be exactly?
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 04/20/2013, 11:22 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

BlueBMW

Quote from: Mathius on 04/21/2013, 09:12 AM
:lol:  Someday I might like to move up to Canada... seems like it would be more my style.

PikachuWarrior

It's just a decorative knife/dagger for display purposes only. I mean, I guess you could use it, but really, it's just meant as a display piece.
IMG

turbokon

Quote from: BlueBMW on 04/21/2013, 11:24 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 04/21/2013, 09:12 AM
:lol:  Someday I might like to move up to Canada... seems like it would be more my style.
Damn blue, so jealous,  I wish I was single like you.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

BlueBMW

Eh, you married / family guys have a lot that I dont have.  :)

PunkCryborg

like toddler toys everywhere that you trip on late at night when you get up to get a drink of water then step on, make a bunch of noise then have to put the kids back to sleep?

FiftyQuid

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 04/21/2013, 11:34 PMlike toddler toys everywhere that you trip on late at night when you get up to get a drink of water then step on, make a bunch of noise then have to put the kids back to sleep?
Like boxes and boxes of toddler clothes that your kids wore once then outgrew so your wife stores them in the spare bedroom for that day when someone she knows has a baby boy?  Like two Britax child/baby restrain systems worth $300 a piece taking up the entire back seat of your common 4 cylinder SUV with expiry dates that will make them illegal to sell by the time they are no longer needed.

grahf

I've been busy, so I haven't posted here in a while. Anyhow, just picked up some stuff. I got the Shin Megami Tensei a while ago, and upon playing it recently I saw that it takes up nearly all of the save memory. So, finally decided to buy a MemoryBase 128. I already had a bunch of games that supported it, so why not ? It serves its purpose well, and definitely saves you from lots of TenNoKoe bank swapping!

I also picked up Private Eye Doll the other day too, and noticed that it has one amazing feature - it lets you use your MemoryBase 128 as a MASSIVE TenNoKoe Bank. That's freakin cool! I'll start a thread about it.

IMG

IMG

Nando

Quote from: BlueBMW on 04/21/2013, 10:16 PMEh, you married / family guys have a lot that I dont have.  :)
Built in MULTIPLAYER PARTIES!!!  ;)

What's the game below Y's?

Nando

Mathius

I think that is probably Shin Magami Tensei. Maybe?

TheClash603

Is the memory base compatible w/ US games?  That thing is pretty rad.

grahf

Mathius got it, it's Shin Megami Tensei.
I would imagine that the Memory Base would work fine with US systems, but maybe someone can confirm. It only works with games that have been specifically made to use it, and that list is pretty small.

PunkCryborg

Got this in the mail from necrophile, thanks  bud!

/20130422105846.jpg

Nando

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 04/22/2013, 11:03 AMGot this in the mail from necrophile, thanks  bud!
/20130422105846.jpg
Is that the fighting one ?

Bardoly - Far right is Liquid Kids (http://www.pcengine.co.uk/HTML_Games/Mizbaks_Adventure.htm)

and I forget the other one...

PunkCryborg

Quote from: Bardoly on 04/22/2013, 11:00 AMWhat two games are the two on the bottom row far right?
jigoku miguri and liquid kids