Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much )

Started by NecroPhile, 08/03/2010, 04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NecroPhile

Quote from: esteban on 04/08/2013, 12:38 AMA carnie will scam you for a few dollars; Bernie Madoff, on the other hand...
He'll melt your shit with a hair dryer!

.... oh, never mind.... different Bernie.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Bernie

Quote from: guest on 04/08/2013, 11:18 AM
Quote from: esteban on 04/08/2013, 12:38 AMA carnie will scam you for a few dollars; Bernie Madoff, on the other hand...
He'll melt your shit with a hair dryer!

.... oh, never mind.... different Bernie.  :mrgreen:
That is correct!  Send it to me!!  :)

Jack Burton

Quote from: guest on 04/07/2013, 05:47 PMDungeon Explorer II for $2000-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dungeon-Explorer-II-2-TurboGrafx-CD-1993-RPG-Brand-NEW-USA-Print-100-/221210628921?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item33812e5339

Comes with OFFICIAL SEAL ("authorized" "official" "seal" was officially sealed and "approved" and by the guy selling the game for profit). When throwing around so many "OFFICIAL"s that all amount to the seller officially doing it himself, it only makes the "Official Factory Sealed" part seem all the more dubious. In the photos, you can see that one of the OFFICIAL seals is a plastic sack held together by scotch tape.
At least it comes with "free" shipping.  ;)
"I wasn't born with enough middle fingers"
-Marilyn Manson

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 04/07/2013, 11:46 PMI wish there was something we could do as a forum to get rid of VGA/VGQ and shit eBay listings like this.  It tarnishes everything good about video games when some lowlife does this.  $2K?  Where the hell does that number even come from?  It's not even remotely realistic. 
I think both VGA and VGQ suck, but I feel like the level of "suck" for VGQ is magnitudes higher. Like it or hate it, VGA-graded items sell for a ton more than non-VGA items, so (in terms of economics only) they are actually "worth" the prices people list them at. So yeah, VGA sucks, but at least there is a "real" market.

VGQ is like VGA's retarded inbred half-brother. The guy lists some hucards+manuals as "new."  He claims himself an authority on the quality of his own items he's selling! (At least VGA has the intelligence to not sell the items they grade.) His listings are a joke, and he is basically trying to live off the name of VGA. If you look at his completed listings, however, he's a joke of a seller. He rarely ever actually sells anything.

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 04/07/2013, 11:46 PMI'll always be puzzled at people that try to sell something for years, and years just to get that one fool to buy it.  Why not sell it for less so that you get the money sooner?  It's ridiculous and maddening to me.
An item that never sells is worth $0. The guy who has sat on his Bonk 3 manual at ~$300... he could have sold it for $50 years ago, and reinvested that money into more merchandise to sell... turning it into $300 by now.
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

geise

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 04/07/2013, 11:46 PMI wish there was something we could do as a forum to get rid of VGA/VGQ and shit eBay listings like this.  It tarnishes everything good about video games when some lowlife does this.  $2K?  Where the hell does that number even come from?  It's not even remotely realistic. 

I'll always be puzzled at people that try to sell something for years, and years just to get that one fool to buy it.  Why not sell it for less so that you get the money sooner?  It's ridiculous and maddening to me.
The answer is simple.  Game "collectors" are assholes

NecroPhile

Quote from: jelloslug on 04/09/2013, 05:33 PM$5000 BIN for Magical Chase w/ manual (no box or sleeve)

I wonder how much it will actually sell for......
I'm guessing $2842, Bob! 

.... you'd think the dip shit could scrounge up a lousy sleeve for it.

CrackTiger

It is so rare and valuable a collectible that he put it on the floor and bent the manual to take photos.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: guest on 04/09/2013, 05:54 PM
Quote from: guest on 04/09/2013, 05:33 PM$5000 BIN for Magical Chase w/ manual (no box or sleeve)

I wonder how much it will actually sell for......
I'm guessing $2842, Bob! 

.... you'd think the dip shit could scrounge up a lousy sleeve for it.
Its got scratches on it. Lame.

jelloslug

I think the last lose one went for $1500 for so.

tggodfrey

i offered 1800.00.  Thinking abut offering 3000.
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

jelloslug

I would imagine that he will take no less that top dollar.  He has had an empty Soldier Blade box for sale for a while now.

FiftyQuid

I can't wait for him to sell it and then put the Magical Chase box up in a future listing.  Brilliant!  =D>
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

jelloslug

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 04/10/2013, 12:39 AMI can't wait for him to sell it and then put the Magical Chase box up in a future listing.  Brilliant!  =D>
Now your thinking with gas!

Gladiator316

93/94 TurboChips

turboswimbz

NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

tggodfrey

Games currently in play:

Gladiator316

93/94 TurboChips

BigusSchmuck

NecroPhile

$132.50 and more than five days left to go?  F.  U.  C.  K.  !

FiftyQuid

SeymorOnion

Is the original sleeve for Magical Chase, Smooth or Textured?  :-k

CrackTiger

Quote from: SeymorOnion on 04/10/2013, 08:31 PMIs the original sleeve for Magical Chase, Smooth or Textured?  :-k
Textured.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

VestCunt

Topic Adjourned.

jelloslug

Quote from: CrackTiger on 04/10/2013, 08:49 PM
Quote from: SeymorOnion on 04/10/2013, 08:31 PMIs the original sleeve for Magical Chase, Smooth or Textured?  :-k
Textured.
Comming soon: textured Magical Chase sleeve for BIN of $250

seieienbu

Do prices ever crash on these things, or do people just give up and stop selling if they can't get their 4-5 figure stupid amounts for single games?
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: seieienbu on 04/10/2013, 10:43 PMDo prices ever crash on these things, or do people just give up and stop selling if they can't get their 4-5 figure stupid amounts for single games?
I'm not sure I understand the question, but I doubt the price for Magical Chase will ever come down. While not exactly the same, its easy to forget that there are people in this world who will pay over $2,000,000 for a single comic book. All of the sudden, someone spending $5,000 on a single game sounds like pocket change, in comparison.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Action_Comics_1#Collectibility
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

VestCunt

Quote from: seieienbu on 04/10/2013, 10:43 PMDo prices ever crash on these things...?
No. Many games are still below their original retail cost, but used prices just keep rising. The exception are a few PCE games that were expensive in the Nineties and early 00's that came down as ebay stabilized supply in the U.S.
Topic Adjourned.

xcrement5x

Well it kind of depends, on super rares for a system they just tend to go up.  Occasionally a digital re-release will impact price, but you can see it's not always the case since Dynastic Hero is on the Wii VC but still commands major bucks.   
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

tggodfrey

Games currently in play:

SeymorOnion

Yep, especially since that $57 includes shipping from that UK Guy's pool, to Texas.  :P

PCEngineHell

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 04/15/2013, 07:09 PMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Flash-Hiders-TurboGrafx-CD-Pc-Engine-import-/181123257318?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2a2bc993e6
Bahhhhaahahahahaha!

Mine is like the cheapest "complete" copy up right now via minimum bid amount, and it includes free insured shipping with tracking via that minimum bid. It's either that, or go buy this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Flash-Hiders-Nec-PC-Engine-Super-CD-Rom-Import-Japan-/261195680754?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cd079cbf2

or

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PC-Engine-SUPER-CD-ROM-FLASH-HIDERS-JAPAN-GAME-Clean-Work-fully-/181111457711?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a2b1587af

Those are the only other two up, both located in Japan, neither are complete, and for the price they list with shipping, neither will be shipped insured and take twice as long to arrive to any US buyer at their price. So I say have at it cowboy, because I have no intention to sell to you, here or otherwise.

I swear, the stupid petty things people do when no one will reply back to or sell to them on a forum.  :roll:

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 04/08/2013, 06:01 PMHey man I've been looking for a loose Ankoku Densetsu. I'd also like to buy Kabuki Itouryodan

Also interested in any of these if they have spine card-
Magicoal / マジクール
Mine Sweeper / マインスウィーパー
Mad Stalker - Full Metal Force / マッドストーカー フルメタルフォース

interested in spine cards if you would sell them seperately for
Choujikuuyousai Macross 2036
Kaze No Densetsu Xanadu
Pomping World
Psychic Storm
Red Alert

I also remembered you had a famicom game case, did you ever sell that?

lmk, thanks!
Remember that time you attacked Herc for no reason, then wouldn't own up to it? I bet you do now, don't ya? Reap what you sow, and take it like a man. Don't act like some spiteful little bitch who plans to finger point at my auctions and make things appear to be anything then what they actually are, especially when you couldn't even be bothered to check others auctions for the same game before posting, to see if they were complete or not, their location, condition, and shipping price before finger pointing at mine. I said in advance I would not sell to anyone I did not care to sell to. You should have expected me to not reply to you, since I don't have shit to do with you or even say to you. You should not have bothered to pm me some stupid list of wants that you just had to have, would have saved yourself some hurt feelings. Anyone could have told you I would not have sold to you.

JoshTurboTrollX

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

PunkCryborg

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 04/15/2013, 07:57 PM
Quote from: PunkCryborg on 04/15/2013, 07:09 PMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Flash-Hiders-TurboGrafx-CD-Pc-Engine-import-/181123257318?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2a2bc993e6
Bahhhhaahahahahaha!

Mine is like the cheapest "complete" copy up right now via minimum bid amount, and it includes free insured shipping with tracking via that minimum bid. It's either that, or go buy this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Flash-Hiders-Nec-PC-Engine-Super-CD-Rom-Import-Japan-/261195680754?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cd079cbf2

or

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PC-Engine-SUPER-CD-ROM-FLASH-HIDERS-JAPAN-GAME-Clean-Work-fully-/181111457711?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a2b1587af

Those are the only other two up, both located in Japan, neither are complete, and for the price they list with shipping, neither will be shipped insured and take twice as long to arrive to any US buyer at their price. So I say have at it cowboy, because I have no intention to sell to you, here or otherwise.

I swear, the stupid petty things people do when no one will reply back to or sell to them on a forum.  :roll:
Well you did change the price from $44.99 or $42.99 after I posted this so I guess that was good on your part to consider the community in the price decrease...... But still, average selling price on ebay is $15-20 
Just trying to keep things real in the gouging thread here, don't want anyone to spend too much for such a common game.
http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=flash+hiders+pc+engine&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

PCEngineHell

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 04/16/2013, 12:03 PM
Quote from: PCEngineHell on 04/15/2013, 07:57 PM
Bahhhhaahahahahaha!

or

I swear, the stupid petty things people do when no one will reply back to or sell to them on a forum.  :roll:
Well you did change the price from $44.99 or $42.99 after I posted this so I guess that was good on your part to consider the community in the price decrease...... But still, average selling price on ebay is $15-20  
Just trying to keep things real in the gouging thread here, don't want anyone to spend too much for such a common game.
http://www.ebay.com/csc/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=flash+hiders+pc+engine&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc
Oh please. How much rope do you need to hang yourself in your goal to supposedly protect the community. Something you so easily forgotten is that I posted anything listed on ebay I would pull for someone here if the price was close to minimum bid. Since then I have pulled down items for members here and sold them to them for that price, or close to, in Forgotten Worlds case. You read the thread, you messaged me about it, so this is not new info to you kiddo. You have zero idea what I am actually doing, what my sales goals are, or whom I am even selling to. You should not be publicly speculating in a attempt to tarnish someone about shit you know nothing about. You have no idea how much I paid for the game originally to begin with. Nor have you factored in any end of auction fees into the final amount if it sales on ebay.

Dont make it out like I am trying to get rich and profit off the game. If I get the current BIN it is set at, I will almost break even. I paid $36 for the game before shipping originally. The end auction fee for the BIN will be $4.30. Shipping with insurance and tracking will be another $4.50 or so. That leaves about $34. This is not even factoring in the paypal fee. At the minimum bid, I will obviously take a larger loss. Thats fine. If it wasn't I would not have put on there a minimum bid AT ALL. As for the original BIN price, it was adjusted, but not because of you. I adjusted prices on most all of my items, including computer related stuff. I do this often on ebay, as it suits my needs. I did it twice this past week on multiple items.

Concerning game prices, I am still unpacking from my move, so I dont have thousands of hours to research for people in order for them to save 2 bucks when they buy from me because they managed to dig up a link to a worse condition copy that is shipped uninsured via 4 week long international snail mail methods from the Middle of Nowhere, Asia. Due to that on the auctions and in pms I have been taking a quick glance at current listings and sold copies and trying to base prices off of that for the past 2 weeks of sales.  

You don't follow my auctions or even have the slightest idea about my selling habits, so all of this is out of your ability to know or understand. You jumped the gun due to petty motivations. It was lame. You want to protect the community big guy, go point fingers at the other sellers selling incomplete copies for as much as mine, if not more. Fuck off already. In your attempt to slander me as a seller you have totally forgotten the goal of this thread, to point out REAL gouging (if you dont know what that means kid, it means LARGE PROFITS) . My prices are reasonable, and adjustable, and are based on completeness of the item along with condition, and somewhat according to what I originally paid. Anyone who has dealt with me knows that is my selling habit. You have not dealt with me, and I will not sell to you, now, or ever.

As stated in my sales thread here, anyone here is welcome to message me if they want the game for the minimum bid amount. As long as you're not some petty assfucker like Punknic, or some overly zealous about ultra penny pinching new guy with under 200 post anyway. Some items I will be listing on ebay that are higher profile I may ask for a slight bit more then the minimum bid, but it will be negotiable. Flat out, I am not willing to sell to just anyone here. I dont need the hassle, or the cash bad enough, and outside of my circle of friends, I don't owe anyone anything as it were, including drastic discounts, so no one here is entitled to shit from me.

It is already more beneficial for me to sell on ebay, not due to huge profits like most of you would think, but simply because I get better records of the income made, I don't have to handle as many messages back and forth, it helps my seller stats which is important for my computer sales, seller protection against scammers, etc. If you are some new guy here with no buyer rep and I don't know who you are, then I probably wont deal with you. If I do reply back and you give me any sort of attitude, then you will get one in return, along with the inability to buy from me on the forum. I don't need your shit, even a inkling of it, nor do I need your money. That is why you don't see me desperately bumping my sales thread.

I was already considering not selling on this forum anymore as is. After that "lets bootleg and re-release other peoples IP" thread and me stating my peace concerning the matter, someone here put someone in Michigan up to buying a computer off me, who then trashed it and stole items out of it, then sent it back, then did a chargeback. It got linked to this forum because they then decided it would be best sending me a email after it was all said and done implicating someone from this forum (they did not say who, it was basically a big "fuck you, from the folks at PCEFX" type message from the buyers email), its being investigated currently by the proper authorities (Herc knows some of the small details about it, but not everything as I chose to keep a lid on it while it is being investigated). I don't care to punish this forum for the actions of one or two clowns who would stoop so low as to pull shit like that, but for the past few weeks it has really made me reconsider doing any sales here. Punknic and his bullshit are not helping the matter one bit.

NecroPhile

Trying to sell something for nearly twice the going rate is indeed gouging, regardless of whether or not there are worse offenders or what was originally paid, but really this one is a pretty tame example and not worthy of lulz.

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 04/16/2013, 01:05 PM..... someone here put someone in Michigan up to buying a computer off me, who then trashed it and stole items out of it, then sent it back, then did a chargeback. It got linked to this forum because they then decided it would be best sending me a email after it was all said and done implicating someone from this forum (they did not say who, it was basically a big "fuck you, from the folks at PCEFX" type message from the buyers email)
Whoever pulled this shit can go fuck themselves.  You cockbags deserve the boot and are not a true part of this community (if you are, then I guess I'm not).

PCEngineHell

You know, between being so busy with work and unpacking and being sick I did not even realize that the $42.99 BIN was dropped to $36.99 yesterday afternoon when I was doing price adjustments. In my post above I had forgotten I did so, posted under the assumption I still had it set at $42.99 BIN. Go figure.

At any rate, going in deep on actual completed and sold auction listings, being sold incomplete, just disc and manual, based on multiple BIN sales on ebay, it seems to fetch about $24 shipped via snail mail with no tracking or insurance from Japan. Hit-Japan seems to be the main supplier of the game currently, having sold 12 copies or so in the past 40 days both near complete and not. That includes B condition across the board (just disc and manual). Less then B condition+incomplete and it goes for less, but your copy ends up being more ratty and beat up.

Their two copies they sold near complete were $26 shipped, but were missing the post card and the game disc was listed in B condition. Now, I am not Flash Hiders market expert, but that seems to be the current actual selling price for the game for the most part when imported, and other import sellers seem to be following Hit-Japans pricing, or going higher then them. Since there is not a abundance of them being sold here directly/locally enough to set any other price trend to contend with, if it randomly goes for less on the forums, that is simply the sellers choosing, not the actual state of things. Just because you can wish it doesn't mean it will magically happen otherwise.

Due to that I don't see how $26.99 seems unreasonable or can be deemed as gouging as a low bid amount or price being offered to the forum here. After shipping and fees I will be half of what I paid originally about anyway. What I set it to yesterday via the BIN adjustment in my drug induced state means either way I will be taking a loss on what I paid for a complete copy, even on a ebay BIN sale, which I am not going to sweat. My copy's condition on the disc is about a A-, couple of very very tiny scratches, hardly noticeable, and the manual is about a B-. Its up to whomever, buy, or don't buy. If you can find a better copy of whatever I am selling for cheaper, congrats and go for it. No skin off my back, I don't owe you shit, you don't owe me shit either, and you should do whats best for you. If someone here like Punknic or whomever is magically sitting on a hidden stash of 15 copies of the game complete, in this case Flash Hiders, that he plans to unload to the community for $15-20 shipped, in order to prevent gouging and both small and large profits and protect everyone's interest, then sweet, good for them and whomever benefits off it.

As for the other NecroPhile, I would name drop the guy who did the buy if I could, just to see if anyone recognizes the name and cares to point fingers, but I would risk losing my paypal and ebay account over it since the irony is that would also violate their seller policies. It is being investigated anyway and I don't want to interfere with that process, etc. As is, it is being handled, but out of my hands.

And for lulz:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Flash-Hiders-/121096070036?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item1c31e36394
$51.01
Enjoy.

NecroPhile

$43 was quite steep, but $27 is plenty reasonable, especially with free shipping.

turboswimbz

NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

FiftyQuid

NecroPhile

VestCunt

Topic Adjourned.

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

CrackTiger

VestCunt

Quote from: CrackTiger on 04/27/2013, 01:35 AMThat's a just... bad, Turbo eBay auction. Not gouging.
I know. I just didn't want to revive the other ebay thread. One thread for ebay stupidity is enough.
Topic Adjourned.

whisper2053

IMG
My Retro Gaming Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/whisper2053