RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EvilEvoIX

I got this guy from ProfesssorProfessorson.  Great deal and a great seller.

Duo-R system with s-video out. The system can use the standard RCA AV cables, or the one I am providing which has stereo out and s-video out. System has been region modded. Ave Pad 6 is included.
IMGIMG

Got all these Games to Plus PC Genjin 3.  Again great deal.  Now to play the waiting game.
IMG
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

PunkCryborg

Henrycsc hooked me up with a copy of Ruin Kami No Isan and it came with some extra goodies. Thanks a lot bud!  :D
Here's a little info on Ruin since a lot of people don't know much about it. A nice walkthrough by zig http://www.unlimitedzigworks.com/2411/faq-ruin-kami-no-isan-pc-engine.html
/20130429111443.jpg

Nando

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 04/29/2013, 11:20 AMHenrycsc hooked me up with a copy of Ruin Kami No Isan and it came with some extra goodies. Thanks a lot bud!  :D
Here's a little info on Ruin since a lot of people don't know much about it. A nice walkthrough by zig http://www.unlimitedzigworks.com/2411/faq-ruin-kami-no-isan-pc-engine.html
/20130429111443.jpg
The cutscenes are dope!

The game visuals are pretty sharp too. I really like the character sprites

FiftyQuid

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 04/28/2013, 04:47 PMI traded in a bunch of stuff & got a model 1 Genesis w/ two six-button controllers.  Also, my friend gave me this:

IMG

It only accepts mono RCA input, but it has RGB input as well.  Plus it looks all retro & shit. :D  Looks like I might be learning how to do RGB mods...or paying someone to do them for me.
Damn the image looks pretty crisp.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

xcrement5x

Just got my half of trade in from PCEngineHell :)

IMG
Dungeon Explorer II by xcrement5x, on Flickr

IMG
Dungeon Explorer II by xcrement5x, on Flickr

And after all sorts of craziness with the postal system I couldn't be happier! 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

wavering

A few late April pickups.

IMG
Working towards my complete Squaresoft collection
Racing Lagoon - Racing RPG from Squaresoft

IMG
Bust-A-Move, it's like an addiction

IMG
Radical Dreamers Repro

IMG
Kirby's Epic Yarn
I have like three games for the Wii I've had for three years...This looked fun, so why not.

munchiaz

Finally got one of my most wanted PCE games today. Really looking forward to playing this one. A big thanks goes out to Bardoly. You were awesome to work with, and i hope we have some future transactions.

IMG

Yesterday was a lucky day for me. I pumped my gas and stopped exactly at $30 (the amount i wanted to put in the tank) I found these games for real cheap. I have been looking for "A boy and is blob" for awhile now. Its funny because earlier that day i was watching the ep on Game Sack where they discuss gaming on a budget, and they talked about "A boy and his blob" Then i got even luckier when the g/f gave me the lovin. ( I probably could have left that last part out)

IMG

turboswimbz

Quote from: munchiaz on 04/29/2013, 09:41 PMFinally got one of my most wanted PCE games today. Really looking forward to playing this one. A big thanks goes out to Bardoly. You were awesome to work with, and i hope we have some future transactions.

IMG

Yesterday was a lucky day for me. I pumped my gas and stopped exactly at $30 (the amount i wanted to put in the tank) I found these games for real cheap. I have been looking for "A boy and is blob" for awhile now. Its funny because earlier that day i was watching the ep on Game Sack where they discuss gaming on a budget, and they talked about "A boy and his blob" Then i got even luckier when the g/f gave me the lovin. ( I probably could have left that last part out)

IMG
Awesome Pick ups - even the last one. hehe.  I have been looking for a boy and his blob as well, good to know they are around.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

RoyVegas

$109 (Shipped) US Duo with a loosie Prince of Persia, no hookups, no controller and was supposidly untested. Works like a champ!

IMG
All is well. :)

jeffhlewis

The latest batch (all eBay photos; they're en-route right now). First item is the JP Laserdisc playthrough of Outrun. Sega released a whole bunch of these (Super Hang-On, Outrun, Space Harrier, etc) around the System-16 era and they're hard to find...paid a bit more than I wanted but this is definitely the grail of my OutRun collection.

Got a decent deal on L-Dis and Super Genjin.

IMG

Deletion

Nando

Quote from: Deletion on 04/30/2013, 12:29 AM/magnets20130429.jpg
That's pretty tight! Are they "glued" to the cases? do you display them at all?

whisper2053

IMG
My Retro Gaming Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/whisper2053

PCEngineHell

View Point is sweet. Great choice. :)

Bardoly

/img4859ib.jpg

Now that I have this, I have completed my TurboGrafx-16 HuCard Manual set!  Except for Magical Chase, of course.   ](*,)

NecroPhile

Your image is too small for me to make out what it is....
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Nando

Quote from: guest on 04/30/2013, 12:59 PMYour image is too small for me to make out what it is....
I think it might be a game. I am still scrolling....

PunkCryborg

He must have had Bernie taking the pics

turboswimbz

Appears to Legend of Hero Tonma - Or A MONKEY.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

RoyVegas

Maybe he's just excited and it's similar to using CAPS LOCK, only with a pic  :?:

Bardoly

Quote from: Nando on 04/30/2013, 01:00 PM
Quote from: guest on 04/30/2013, 12:59 PMYour image is too small for me to make out what it is....
I think it might be a game. I am still scrolling....
Sorry, I'm still trying to figure out this posting pictures thing.   #-o

Edit: I fixed it.   8)

NecroPhile

Just givin' ya shit, Bardoly.  :P

Nice game to snag, especially with the box.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Nando

CAPTAIN POWER!!!!

That stupid, fire at the TV shit never worked.

futureman2000

bob

I had so much captain power shit when i was a kid. Tossed it all a few years back when we cleaned out my mothers house.

MrFlutterPie

Captain Power was the most awesome shit ever! :D

bob

What were the other toys of the 80's where the figures almost looked like CP, but smaller and had magnetic feet?  Had a bunch of those too.

One other toy set that got tossed were my entire collection of Mattel food fighters. Had 'em all with boxes and everything. Bought them from a clearance shelf for about $30 total. The frying pan, the bus, the grill, all the foodies, and more I don't remember.

SmaMan

Okay, trying out this image posting thing for the first time. Bear with me here....
IMG
Got in Takahashi Meijin no Whatjamacallit and a fresh in-box 5-way MultiTap! Came with all the inserts and everything!

And interestingly enough, the tap may have unlocked a potentially unexplored secret within Takahashi...   8-[

EDIT: Actually, it just looks like an issue with my extension cord. Still, wicked.
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.
http://kacu.org/programs/eye-entertainment

PCEngineHell

Quote from: galam on 04/30/2013, 05:15 PMWhat were the other toys of the 80's where the figures almost looked like CP, but smaller and had magnetic feet?  Had a bunch of those too.

One other toy set that got tossed were my entire collection of Mattel food fighters. Had 'em all with boxes and everything. Bought them from a clearance shelf for about $30 total. The frying pan, the bus, the grill, all the foodies, and more I don't remember.
Starcom.

Tatsujin

Quote from: SmaMan on 04/30/2013, 05:31 PMOkay, trying out this image posting thing for the first time. Bear with me here....
Hey, you did very good there. Not really that much of difficult, right? :)

btw. the game is called Takahashi Meijin no shinboukenjima (master takahashi's new adventure island) :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Shadow

www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!

www.lightspeed.ch
Fun, Games 'n Friends

Sparky

My purchase this week for $15... Thank god it has training wheels :)

IMG

Ya $15 is a good price but once you find out the charger and the battery that did not come with it will run ya close to $150 you stop smiling.

Going to get a motorbike battery or an after market one for this thing as the kids are waiting with there helmets on. :(

Tatsujin

as it won't run much faster than approx. 1.5mph anyway, tell them to use their feet instead :)
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Sparky

Hahaha... Suck it tats.. It will do 5 on a hill!!! Jealous?

Tatsujin

Quote from: guest on 04/30/2013, 11:20 PMHahaha... Suck it tats.. It will do 5 on a hill!!! Jealous?
but only downhill. probably even more. no need of batts for that :lol:

Sparky

Quote from: Tatsujin on 04/30/2013, 11:29 PM
Quote from: guest on 04/30/2013, 11:20 PMHahaha... Suck it tats.. It will do 5 on a hill!!! Jealous?
but only downhill. probably even more. no need of batts for that :lol:
Hahaha.... I hate you :P

csgx1

Neat little chopper.  Didn't know Peg Perego made motorized kids toys.  Wife loves Peg Perego.

Deletion

Quote from: Nando on 04/30/2013, 10:24 AM
No, the magnets are not glued to the metal tins. They just come packaged in them.

They will be displayed once I install the SPONTAN board (a piece of metal that can be hung on a wall like a picture frame) in my game room :D

Nando

Quote from: Deletion on 05/01/2013, 12:30 AM
Quote from: Nando on 04/30/2013, 10:24 AM
No, the magnets are not glued to the metal tins. They just come packaged in them.

They will be displayed once I install the SPONTAN board (a piece of metal that can be hung on a wall like a picture frame) in my game room :D
NICE!!!

SuperDeadite

Towns II UX20.  Fully loaded and working.  I really had no need for this, but it was a good price, and it's a tiny little thing (10'' monitor).  I was expecting loose and dirty, but it came in it's original box.   :mrgreen:

IMG
IMG
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

BlueBMW

Ill be honest, thats pretty darn cool!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Nando

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 05/02/2013, 09:12 AMTowns II UX20.  Fully loaded and working.  I really had no need for this, but it was a good price, and it's a tiny little thing (10'' monitor).  I was expecting loose and dirty, but it came in it's original box.   :mrgreen:
IMG
That's pretty awesome, what year did that come out?

edit: http://www.homecomputer.de/pages/f_info.html?Fujitsu_FM_Towns_II_UX20.html

RoyVegas

xcrement5x

Roy, All you now is Barf the Mog and you can roam the solar system!
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

RoyVegas

Quote from: guest on 05/02/2013, 03:19 PMRoy, All you now is Barf the Mog and you can roam the solar system!

SuperPlay

Just picked up some bootleg Hus

IMG

Duo_R

A MVS 2 slot
Super Sidekicks 2
Real Bout Fatal Fury
32X unit
Couple cheap games

Yes I got a MVS!!!!!
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

SmaMan

Quote from: SuperPlay on 05/02/2013, 03:51 PMJust picked up some bootleg Hus

IMG
Huh, so the PC Engine has bootlegs too. I guess I'm not surprised. Any weird in-game differences or is it just cheaply made/packaged?
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.
http://kacu.org/programs/eye-entertainment

Bardoly

/img4866bf.jpg
/img4867ej.jpg

A couple more boxes for my CIB TurboGrafx-16collection.

Only 32 more boxes to go!