OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

munchiaz

Quote from: BlueBMW on 05/06/2013, 06:43 PMBehold, that is the masterpiece that is called ENERGY!!!

Its TERRIBLE, buy it if you want a good laugh...
LMAO

PunkCryborg

its awesom. most people play 30 seconds and give up but once you learn what to do and play through it its a lot of fun and really fast paced game. key is this- avoid almost all the enemies except the ones you know give you health and power. a big part is learning where to go though but theres a nice guide on gamefaqs.

bob

I played the ROM for about 30 seconds and thought it might have some sneaky fun in it.
So I grabbed it with low expectations (that's what she said), but also for the legend of it all.

...now to only find wonder mono.

Tatsujin

Quote from: galam on 05/06/2013, 10:26 PM...now to only find wonder mono.
Shouldn't be much of a hard task :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

NecroPhile

I picked up a copy of N+ for the PSP for $2.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Sparky

I picked up a shit load of shit this weekend at a local video game meet about 2 hours away... traded stuff so i paid very little as always towards my goodies and even found some god damn obey which i was really happy about.

I know your all jelly of Kris Kross  8)

IMG

roflmao

Quote from: guest on 05/07/2013, 03:08 PMI picked up a shit load of shit this weekend at a local video game meet about 2 hours away... traded stuff so i paid very little as always towards my goodies and even found some god damn obey which i was really happy about.

I know your all jelly of Kris Kross  8)
Nice score, Sparks!  I've never seen that much obey out in the wild.

Now that one of the Kriss Kross guys has passed away, I bet you could flip that game for mad money on ebay. :lol:

munchiaz

^ that damn lawn more man cover used to scare the shit out of me as a kid. 

Heres what i got recently. Thanks go out to Bardoly and Bernie

IMG

NecroPhile

Did Sparky find 85% new's long lost brother?!?

liquitek

Sparky & Munchiaz with some sweet haulage there  :)

Good weekend for gaming out here too but only 5 mins from my house.
Snagged the Devil's Crush (JIC), the Hudson tap (finally!) & a red PS2 mem card (not pictured) for $50.
- first time I've seen so much of teh rarez in the wild - vendor had Parasol Stars, Shadow of the Beast, Chew Man Fu & Bomberman but I was only missing DC.

The EZ_Flash arrived from HK today after being back ordered for 2 months w/ a 2GB microSD card for $38.

My 5 yr old gave me the half eaten Kerr's toffee.

bob

Quote from: munchiaz on 05/07/2013, 04:04 PM^ that damn lawn more man cover used to scare the shit out of me as a kid. 

IMG 
Very nice. I want SFII

munchiaz

^ I still need to get a 6 button controller. Can't play this game with a 2 button controller. Its frustrating

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: munchiaz on 05/07/2013, 05:37 PM^ I still need to get a 6 button controller. Can't play this game with a 2 button controller. Its frustrating
SF 2 was my first PCE game I got.  I exclusively played it was the stranded 2 button controller for a long time.  Fortunately a fellow forum member had pity on me and hooked me up (Thanks again!)

turbokon

Quote from: munchiaz on 05/07/2013, 05:37 PM^ I still need to get a 6 button controller. Can't play this game with a 2 button controller. Its frustrating
Yes you can, I got use to it. I hardlybuse the 6-buttons controller.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

munchiaz

Quote from: turbokon on 05/07/2013, 06:25 PM
Yes you can, I got use to it. I hardlybuse the 6-buttons controller.
Not me. Again tis falls into my  "I play fighting games competitively" blah blah speech of stated a bunch of times. But when i see a opening for a low short(light kick) i dont have time to press select

Bardoly

Got some more Turbo-Grafx-16 boxes knocked off of my want list.

/img4870d.jpg
/img4872cropped.jpg
/img4874ym.jpg
/img4873sh.jpg
/img4871n.jpg

These 2 boxes are courtesy of Galam.  Thanks, man!

Now I'm down to only 22 more boxes needed(Not counting Magical Chase of course.)

If anyone has any extra boxes that I'm looking for, please PM me.

bob

Do PCE controllers work natively with a us TG?  Or do you need some converter?
Is there a 6 button for TG?  Or just Duo?  I only have a TG with turbokons PCE switch, so I don't even know if I can play SFII.   ](*,)

munchiaz

Quote from: munchiaz on 05/07/2013, 04:04 PM^ that damn lawn more man cover used to scare the shit out of me as a kid. 

IMG 
So is popful mail enhanced by using a arcade  card?

SuperDeadite

Popful Mail just preloads more data to cut down on load times.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

SmaMan

Quote from: galam on 05/07/2013, 06:36 PMDo PCE controllers work natively with a us TG?  Or do you need some converter?
Is there a 6 button for TG?  Or just Duo?  I only have a TG with turbokons PCE switch, so I don't even know if I can play SFII.   ](*,)
As far as I know, the PCE uses 8-Pin Serial Mini-DIN ports that were common on most computers at the time. The plain ol' Turbo (not Duo) controller ports used the standard sized 8-Pin Serial DIN ports. (Someone correct me on this if I'm wrong.) So I'd imagine if you just found a mini to not mini adapter, you'd be all set. Don't buy something specifically labled PCE to TG16 adapter, as those are normally overpriced.
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.
http://kacu.org/programs/eye-entertainment

hoobs88

Quote from: SmaMan on 05/07/2013, 10:21 PM
Quote from: galam on 05/07/2013, 06:36 PMDo PCE controllers work natively with a us TG?  Or do you need some converter?
As far as I know, the PCE uses 8-Pin Serial Mini-DIN ports that were common on most computers at the time. The plain ol' Turbo (not Duo) controller ports used the standard sized 8-Pin Serial DIN ports. (Someone correct me on this if I'm wrong.) So I'd imagine if you just found a mini to not mini adapter, you'd be all set. Don't buy something specifically labled PCE to TG16 adapter, as those are normally overpriced.
That is correct, you need a mini-din to din converter. I think one of the forum members was making these but I can't remember who it was. Most people tend to get a PC Engine/Duo/R/RX and have it region modded since it has a mini-din plug which is compatible with more controllers than the TG16's din plug (Turbo Pad, Turbo Stick, and maybe a third party controller or two).
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

hoobs88

I just found this quote from another member..."If you have a duo controller and a turbo controller you can simply open them up and swap their cords.  There's no soldering required, the cords are plugged into the controller pcbs so you just unplug one and plug it into the next.  I did this with a avenue 6 pad for the Pc Engine so I could play Street Fighter II on my Turbo CD."

PikachuWarrior

Here's the Goodwill stuff I got today. Not pictured is Shining Force--

Musha (Cart only) Genesis: .75 cents
Centurion: Defender of Rome (Cart only) Genesis: .75 cents
Phantasy Star III (Cart only) Genesis: .75 cents
Shining Force (Cart only) Genesis: .75 cents

Super Pad 64 (Performance brand) N64: $1.50

Rayman Origins (New/Sealed) PS3: $8.00

Prices above are after a discount applied.

/20130507123018.jpg
IMG

munchiaz

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 05/08/2013, 12:35 AMHere's the Goodwill stuff I got today. Not pictured is Shining Force--

/20130507123018.jpg
lucky as hell dude.

TR0N

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 05/08/2013, 12:35 AMHere's the Goodwill stuff I got today. Not pictured is Shining Force--

/20130507123018.jpg
Your very lucky to score a musha the u.s version has gotten so expensive....
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

PikachuWarrior

Yeah, I managed to get the price sticker off without the ink peeling away.
IMG

NecroPhile

I snagged a copy of Blazing Lazers to stuff in the PAL Turbob yesterday.

Quote from: hoobs88 on 05/07/2013, 10:44 PMThat is correct, you need a mini-din to din converter. I think one of the forum members was making these but I can't remember who it was.
'Twas Terry.

jeffhlewis

/20130507123018.jpg
The Goodwill that I hit on the way home from work had a Super Mario / Duck Hunt combo cart for sale. Price? $9.99. Safe to say that Goodwill in the Milwaukee area is officially dead across the board. You never see anything anymore except for 300 copies of Guitar Hero.

Arkhan Asylum

This just in, Storino is a dick!

:)

3$ for all that good loot.

How did you get them for 75 cents instead of the shown 99?

Did you use a coupon?

You used a coupon didn't you.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Nando

Quote from: Bardoly on 05/07/2013, 06:33 PMGot some more Turbo-Grafx-16 boxes knocked off of my want list.

/img4870d.jpg
/img4872cropped.jpg
Two BIG reasons why I always wanted a PCE/TG16

futureman2000

Bardoly

Quote from: Nando on 05/08/2013, 12:59 PM
Quote from: Bardoly on 05/07/2013, 06:33 PMGot some more Turbo-Grafx-16 boxes knocked off of my want list.
/img4872cropped.jpg
Two BIG reasons why I always wanted a PCE/TG16
Yep, Cadash has pretty much always been my most wanted / favorite TurboGrafx-16 game.

MrFlutterPie

I have a really funny story about Cadash.  When I was a kid I used to play the arcade version of Cadash at the local Zellers.  My mom would sometimes give me a quarter to play it while she was in line.  I loved it!  Fast forward to a year ago.  I wanted to find out what the name of the games was as I forgotten it over the years.  I remembered it had a ninja who threw triangles, a guy with a crossbow that shot a chain with a ball on the end and featured a giant octopus as a boss.  As you can tell I had a few details wrong.  I posted this description in the net but nobody could help me. 

I was watching LP's on YouTube and Cadash came up as a suggested video.  I watched it and I flipped out!  I had found the game.  On top of that the best port was for the Turbo (Genesis version was crap)  I went down to my local retro store who I knew had a copy I had passed by many times and bought it for a cool $20 CIC.  I was the happiest person that day.

I got the game who and played it right through beating the game using my favorite character the Ninja.  Best Turbo day EVER!!! :D

tggodfrey

Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

SmaMan

/20130507123018.jpg
Okay, I know this post/picture is polluting this thread to an extent... but good lord man, MUSHA for .99 .75 cents?!  :shock:

The most gaming stuff I've found at any of the Goodwills here in Abilene have had was a few Tengen Genesis Turbo pads... and a pretty sweet College Football VHS Board Game.
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.
http://kacu.org/programs/eye-entertainment

MrFlutterPie

i.imgur.com/eGODZda.jpg

Hell yeah Turbo Thursday!!

Major thanks to Bernie for the hook up!

FiftyQuid

Got this stuff last Sunday where I met the infamous Sparky and Evilplayground amongst others!  A great day with a really great vibe.  Some awesome deals to be had.  My score of the day?  I consider it the CIB Blaster Master.  Very proud of that one.  :)  Rayxanber III was another one I was happy to get.  Also got me a prestine copy of Mega Man 2 (that's just the flash on the label).  BTW, the magnets are just as awesome as they look!

/swaph.png
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Mathius

Blaster Master is truly epic! One of the few games I could never complete back in the 80s. Mainly due to no save feature.

hoobs88

Quote from: Mathius on 05/10/2013, 09:24 AMBlaster Master is truly epic! One of the few games I could never complete back in the 80s. Mainly due to no save feature.
A tough game indeed but if you have a controller with turbo and slow mo (or you can multitask by pausing and unpausing rapidly) then you can make short work of the bosses (they take extra damage when hit by a grenade if you pause the game). If you know how to navigate through the cave, it takes a little over an hour to beat so there isn't really a need for a save feature.

FiftyQuid

Quote from: hoobs88 on 05/10/2013, 10:15 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 05/10/2013, 09:24 AMBlaster Master is truly epic! One of the few games I could never complete back in the 80s. Mainly due to no save feature.
A tough game indeed but if you have a controller with turbo and slow mo (or you can multitask by pausing and unpausing rapidly) then you can make short work of the bosses (they take extra damage when hit by a grenade if you pause the game). If you know how to navigate through the cave, it takes a little over an hour to beat so there isn't really a need for a save feature.
It took many many attempts before I was able to navigate through the caves without thinking.  The end boss battles always sent me back to the start.  It drove me crazy knowing I was on the doorstep of completing this game multiple times only to have to start all over.  I wasn't aware of the pause/grenade cheat.  You could have saved me a lot of hours back as a teenager.

PunkCryborg

fifty if rayxanber iii isnt your cup of tea hit me up I might have something turbo youd like to trade for it

Bardoly

Blaster Master may be my family's favorite NES game.  We loved it!

FiftyQuid

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 05/10/2013, 03:32 PMfifty if rayxanber iii isnt your cup of tea hit me up I might have something turbo youd like to trade for it
Will do.  I was told it's a stupid hard game.  Not as hard as Rayxanber II, but still hard.

xcrement5x

/20130507123018.jpg
Jelly!  If your interested in moving that MUSHA for other stuff let me know ;)
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

futureman2000

Yeah, we always ran out of continues bitd- but such an awesome game.

munchiaz

Recent gets. I couldn't pass up the Samba for $1

IMG

esteban

Quote from: munchiaz on 05/10/2013, 11:21 PMIMG
You have a choice of LITE JAZZ Red Book or chiptunes with Vasteel. Both options are nice for a game like Vasteel (playing long sessions...you don't want to get sick of the music instantly).
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Tatsujin

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 05/10/2013, 09:18 PM
Quote from: PunkCryborg on 05/10/2013, 03:32 PMfifty if rayxanber iii isnt your cup of tea hit me up I might have something turbo youd like to trade for it
Will do.  I was told it's a stupid hard game.  Not as hard as Rayxanber II, but still hard.
en contrary, it's supid easy. only you have to take care a bit are the bosses.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Shadow

just bought 80 pce games for nothing  :) pictures coming soon
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!

www.lightspeed.ch
Fun, Games 'n Friends

jeffhlewis

Latest batch - eBay and stuff from the boards:

IMG
IMG