The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob

Quote from: BlueBMW on 06/04/2013, 11:38 PM
Quote from: galam on 06/04/2013, 10:19 PMJust won this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161039871716?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
Awesome shooter!  I love the music in stage 2!
<--- stage 2 music w00t!  Especially right about 0:56 in that vid!  ZOMG!
Yes!  I've been holding out to find it under $35 shipped, which has been getting increasingly harder lately.
 :-k

A nice condition Somer Assault shipped under $40 is my next mission.

TheClash603

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 06/03/2013, 02:01 AM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/03/2013, 01:02 AMoh, is that a very rarey in japan? will have keep an eye open on that then :)
loose carts are usually in the 10,000yen range.  cibbler is le 30,000 from the usual suspects.
This is a top 5 non-US release game for sure.  When the repro is put in a famicom via an adapter, does it output with the extra sound capabilities?

Mathius

Quote from: TheClash603 on 06/05/2013, 12:31 AM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/03/2013, 01:02 AMoh, is that a very rarey in japan? will have keep an eye open on that then :)
loose carts are usually in the 10,000yen range.  cibbler is le 30,000 from the usual suspects.
This is a top 5 non-US release game for sure.  When the repro is put in a famicom via an adapter, does it output with the extra sound capabilities?
Don't quote me but I do not believe so. It's complicated. Maybe someone here can explain better than I.

TR0N

I wouldn't know the one i bought is the standard edition.Timewalkgames offer also the full version also,but if you play it on a nes it must be modded for the music to work.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

SmaMan

Quote from: Mathius on 06/05/2013, 12:43 AM
Don't quote me but I do not believe so. It's complicated. Maybe someone here can explain better than I.
I can... sorta.

I assume you're talking about one of those in-cart bridge adapters that you can re-purpose into an all-purpose Famicom adaptor? I know that when you play games like Lagrange Point and Castlevania III through that adaptor, you won't hear any sounds from those chips. (you'll still get whatever the NES's internal chip is putting out, which isn't much)

Long story short, it won't work because the console's insides are different. While the Famicom's pinout has 2 pins for external audio, the NES's pinout does not. External sound cards were planned for the NES expansion port, and there are pins for that, but since they never made those... well there ya go.

I hear those repros are rumored to have workarounds for that issue, and I did see some further mods to adaptors that essentially create an auxiliary port for that sound. Pretty neat stuff, but tough to make from what I hear.

EDIT: Oh crap, I noticed you were talking about going the other way around, NES into Famicom... well it should be about the same story.
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.
http://kacu.org/programs/eye-entertainment

Tatsujin

I guess it just depends whether the booters used the same chipset as the original FC version did, or not. Did they also use the FC rom, or a rom from the unreleased oversea version? This might also be an important factor.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Mathius

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/05/2013, 02:08 AMI guess it just depends whether the booters used the same chipset as the original FC version did, or not. Did they also use the FC rom, or a rom from the unreleased oversea version? This might also be an important factor.
I believe they are using the PAL ROM.

munchiaz

I got the privileged to see one of if not my favorite musician this past Wednesday in LA. Bjork and the show was just amazing. I have never really seen anything quite like it. Truly she is an artist. I wish i could travel the world watching her preform.

IMG

On to the games. Have to say thanks to Bardoly and thanks to Bernie for the lot of these awesome games. Can't wait to start playing them (once i can step away from dark souls). I also picked up the Wii games and PSP game while i was in LA.

IMG
IMG

Bernie

Glad to see my games going to good folk here in the community.  It's a bitter-sweet feeling to see the pics tho.  :)

allyourblood

Quote from: Bernie on 06/08/2013, 09:28 PMGlad to see my games going to good folk here in the community.  It's a bitter-sweet feeling to see the pics tho.  :)
I don't have a lot of Turbo Grafx stuff, but if you ever need anyone to set you up with some Genesis goodies, just say the word. I'll get you up and running, no charge.
If anyone gets any leads on a "fair priced" copy of Coryoon, please lemme know!

Where is fancy bred?

FiftyQuid

Quote from: Bernie on 06/08/2013, 09:28 PMGlad to see my games going to good folk here in the community.  It's a bitter-sweet feeling to see the pics tho.  :)
Bernie, let us know when you are back on your feet.  I for one would be glad to help replenish your collection.  I only have a few dups, but I'd be willing to send you some one ups to get your collection back to where it should be.  I'll stop now before I start fucking crying.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

SmaMan

Today I bought and downloaded Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

Yeah, I'm normally all for physical packaging, but I decided to download since Animal Crossing is one of those games where it's good to check in on it once a day, so now I don't have to keep my 3DS card slot occupied all the time.
Host of KACU FM's Eye on Entertainment! Proving that there IS something to do this weekend since 2009.

Tatsujin

'ardrofl haulies :)

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

PunkCryborg

The Pang collection looks awesome. Tats why do you buy those pce cheapies like that, don't you have all those already? Also haven't seen any new sys card hauls from you in a while

esteban

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 06/09/2013, 08:26 AMThe Pang collection looks awesome. Tats why do you buy those pce cheapies like that, don't you have all those already? Also haven't seen any new sys card hauls from you in a while
TATS sells, secretly, on eBay. SELLER NAME: Red Frog LLC.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

SmaMan

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/09/2013, 05:58 AM'ardrofl haulies :)

IMG
What is that, some kind of Strip Majong?

In an completely, entirely unrelated note, I really need to learn how to play that...

bob

Why the hell was the SMS version of mahjong titled shanghai?

Tatsujin

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 06/09/2013, 08:26 AMTats why do you buy those pce cheapies like that, don't you have all those already?
/1wey0.jpg

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 06/09/2013, 08:26 AMAlso haven't seen any new sys card hauls from you in a while
yeah, me too.

@esty. lol, I wish^^

allyourblood

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/09/2013, 08:42 PM
Quote from: PunkCryborg on 06/09/2013, 08:26 AMTats why do you buy those pce cheapies like that, don't you have all those already?
/1wey0.jpg
Any chance that game can be played without having to understand Japanese?

Where is fancy bred?

Tatsujin

Oh yeah, very much. It's like 99% action and 1% RPG (if even), but be aware that it is one of the uberhardest and unfair PCE games ever (even with the use of the unlimited continue cheat).

allyourblood

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/09/2013, 09:31 PMOh yeah, very much. It's like 99% action and 1% RPG (if even), but be aware that it is one of the uberhardest and unfair PCE games ever (even with the use of the unlimited continue cheat).
Well dang.

Oh well, I'm a bit of a masochist. I'll probably pick it up anyway. Thanks, Tats!

Where is fancy bred?

Tatsujin

Well, maybe "unfair" wasn't the right expression here, but it sure is hell of frustrating in later levels.

xcrement5x

Finally got in my major recent purchase from overseas!

IMG
2013-06-09 MVS Bundle by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Bought from Yahoo Japan!  A 1 Slot MV-1F Neo Geo MVS unit with Unibios 2.3 already installed. 

Also came with the following games:
Power Spikes 2, KOF 99, World Heroes 2 JET, Art of Fighting, Some Mahjong game, and Magical Drop 3

I got a steal of a deal on this even after shipping from overseas, and plugged it into my cabinet over the weekend to mess around with.  Unfortunately my cab is stock jamma and I don't have switches for the 4th button, but that's not a major deal for now and I'll try to customize it a bit.

Also got my updated PS3 from chop5 but haven't had a chance to mess with it yet.  Infants take up like all the time and I was barely able to get this in my cabinet to play with.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

MrFlutterPie

IMG

Small Kijij lot. 

IMG
IMG

Final fight Double Impact press kit.  As a huge Final Fight fan I was super stoked to be able to track this down.

IMG
IMG

Walked into Toys R Us yesterday and bought these.  Yes these are 23 years old TMNT vintage cards.  I am guessing they were found 23 years later hidden at the back of the warehouse and finally were sold.  Talk about such a retro throwback!  It really made my day :D

Tatsujin

Lol, that final fight barrel is uberawesome :)

Mishran

I remember collecting those Ninja Turtle cards as a kid. Was, still am, and will always be a turtle fan.

Tatsujin

Lol turtles. Always felt they were too much of retard to be funny or cool :)

esteban

DAMN! What are the chances that a TrU has old stock TG-16 games?
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

turboswimbz

Quote from: esteban on 06/10/2013, 08:40 PMDAMN! What are the chances that a TrU has old stock TG-16 games?
hmmmmmmmmmm - store locator has all the phone numbers . .  . I'll start calling around here in the northeast . . .
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: esteban on 06/10/2013, 08:40 PMDAMN! What are the chances that a TrU has old stock TG-16 games?
Don't bother, I drove around and got all 18 copies of Magical chase in the GTA.

Tatsujin

Kewl, haw  'baut some roffles? :)

FiftyQuid

That Final Fight press kit is awesome.  How many of those do you think are on the planet?
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

syphic

Picked these up this month among other things but these are the Turbo related items.
PC-Engine Duo off craigslist $160 with 2 loose pc engine games. A valley ball game and a Horse racing game?
Samurai Ghost off ebay for $30 shipped.
Air Zonk and Neutopia(not pictured due to being re-traded) Traded 2 Gamecube Wavebirds with a friend at SC3.

IMG
Awesome trades and deals with:
Fiftyquid, thesteve, keithcourage, mothergunner, Bernie, turboswimbz, Bardoly, BlueBMW, Galam, Elderboroom, dicer

PunkCryborg

IMGTEH COOK APPROVES OF THIS MONTEY HAULIMG
/20130611100306.jpg

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/10/2013, 11:23 PMKewl, haw  'baut some roffles? :)
Haha sure thing!  I have 18 plenty to go around! :D

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 06/10/2013, 11:55 PMThat Final Fight press kit is awesome.  How many of those do you think are on the planet? 
Only 300 were made. 

I had a blast dusting off my old cassette player and listening to the games music in all of it's glorious mono lol.

The Poison hair spray says "It's a trap!' on the side of it lol.  Capcom has a great sense of homour still :)

BlueBMW

Finally got one that I've been wanting for a while....

ENERGY!!!

/SIAHaul_zps1996fe0e.jpg

And a couple of midi modules....

/Rolands_zpsce0eeede.jpg

In non game related news, I dropped big money on a deal that finally came along (after two years of patient waiting...)  Spent more than my car on the stupid thing, but it is nice.

/box_zps49164be4.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

roflmao

Nice Beemer!

Coryoon looks so awesome.  I'm a big fan of Air Zonk, and it looks very similar.

BlueBMW

Quote from: guest on 06/11/2013, 10:04 PMNice Beemer!

Coryoon looks so awesome.  I'm a big fan of Air Zonk, and it looks very similar.
It is crazy similar... and its awesome.  I'm really sad that its expensive, I wish everyone could own it on the cheap.  Its too easy but its cute and fun.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

jeffhlewis

Nice on the SC-88 - you gotta post a comparison between that and the SC-55!

BlueBMW

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 06/11/2013, 10:17 PMNice on the SC-88 - you gotta post a comparison between that and the SC-55!
Fo sho!

Nando

Funny, snap on dealers use our software. I love their trucks. Very nice box btw, I know that one is a pretty penny.

SMF

I got in the mail the Animal Crossing 3DS XL yesterday also my hard copy of Animal Crossing. Me and my wife enjoy playing together. One of the few games she actually enjoys.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

Tatsujin

liquitek

Went to the Vancouver last weekend and picked up a few goodies.
$20 for Ghost Manor & $15 for Night Creatures from Game Deals in New Westminster.  They have some decent Turbobs in the shop, fewer now that those 2 are gone.
Down the street was the Vancouver Retro Gaming Expo which was the reason I went to New West in the first place.  There was one table on which everything was $5 and that's where I picked up the PCE TV tuner, Cratermaze, Cosmic Fantasy 2 and World Heroes 2.  I couldn't believe it.  The GTAs and SSX were $5 also but from a different vendor.

munchiaz

Got Animal crossing new leaf a few days go. Game is super addictive, and super charming

allyourblood

Quote from: munchiaz on 06/12/2013, 05:42 PMGot Animal crossing new leaf a few days go. Game is super addictive, and super charming
I played the tar out of the original DS Animal Crossing. Way fun. Have they updated the game in any significant ways? I was always hoping for more "goals".

Where is fancy bred?

Sparky

Hahaha, tats whats that your 50th 1.0 card? Christ man send one to me will ya :P

SuperDeadite

Finally, after 3 years I finally found one.  :)

IMG
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Tatsujin