The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

esteban

Quote from: Mathius on 06/16/2013, 09:10 PM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/16/2013, 09:09 PMIndeed those are :)

The old peke is the most sexy looking edible pc kinda thing in existence :)
Pure truth.
Fixed that for you. The handle is made of licorice (treacle, as the Japanese call it).

A nice treacle handle.

Anise.

:pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Tatsujin

lol..licorice, treacle, anise... no such non-sense here in Japan :pcgs:
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

bartre

I need to spend more time with my x68k.
honestly dracula and cho ren sha are about the only games i've spent much time with.
phalanx beat me into the ground though.

Mishran

Weekend flea market pick up.

/k0iz.jpg

Usual bad picture, sorry. :( The games are Phalanx and Spawn. Everything works as it should. Now all I need is an Everdrive to go with it. :-"

Also obtained an 18 gallon Sterilite container overflowing with Lego and Mega Bloks for my little girl for free. She'll be tickled pink when she sees them. :dance:

NecroPhile

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/16/2013, 09:09 PMThe old peke is the most sexy looking pc kinda thing in existence :)
No respect for the PC-FX?  For shame....  [-(
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

MrFlutterPie

No pics sadly but today I got my super sexy modded Genesis.

I'm pretty sure it has ever mod done to it possible.  It has built in stereo A/V, S-Video, region mod for European and Jappenense mega drive (widen cart slot of course done very neatly), additional red led on the sides, a light up blue led cart slot and the ability to over clock it to 10 mhz.

I have never seen Genesis games look this good ever!

Truly this is the king of kings of Genesis (genesi?)

Tatsujin

Why does the games look better on this than on other genesises?
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/17/2013, 08:51 PMWhy does the games look better on this than on other genesises?
Because it has been modded to accept S-Video output which makes the picture look a lot better than using the RF or A/V.

Tatsujin

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 06/17/2013, 09:11 PM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/17/2013, 08:51 PMWhy does the games look better on this than on other genesises?
Because it has been modded to accept S-Video output which makes the picture look a lot better than using the RF or A/V.
yeah, but regular genesises are capable of RGB output ex-work, aren't they? so a s-vid mod would clearly be a down-grade in video output quality, since pure RGB is le top of le top (sure the RGB quality still may bit vary on the used circuit & parts etc.)

PikachuWarrior

Yeah, RGB/Scart is the best video quality possible for Sega Genesis.
IMG

Mathius

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/17/2013, 09:33 PM
yeah, but regular genesises are capable of RGB output ex-work, aren't they? so a s-vid mod would clearly be a down-grade in video output quality, since pure RGB is le top of le top (sure the RGB quality still may bit vary on the used circuit & parts etc.)
He's probably like me and doesn't have access to an RGB capable monitor. In my case S-Video would be the best picture possible aside from a full component mod.

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: Mathius on 06/17/2013, 10:37 PM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/17/2013, 09:33 PM
He's probably like me and doesn't have access to an RGB capable monitor. In my case S-Video would be the best picture possible aside from a full component mod.
This.

I'm running a 27" CRT T.V from the 90's.  S-Video is as best as it gets for me :)

roflmao

Quote from: esteban on 06/16/2013, 09:26 PMFixed that for you. The handle is made of licorice (treacle, as the Japanese call it).

A nice treacle handle.

Anise.

:pcgs:
HAHAHAHA!

EvilEvoIX

I just got all this for $60.  Good deal?  This will be my third Model 1 Sega CD, hopefully it lasts.

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

EvilEvoIX

Once you start using S-Video and then in my case RGB on a MD or a SNES, you start to see dithering.  Every one in a while I hook ip these consoles via RF to an old CRT just to see how it used to be.  I can't believe we thought it looked good however the NES has great RF out for some reason (as opposed to say a TG16 or Jaguar which ruined everything.)
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

MrFlutterPie

Yeah once I went S-Video for my turbo there is no going back.  I currently have all my primary systems modded to use S-Video expect for the Neo Geo which I am too scared of shipping off to get modded lol.

dingsbums

The stuff of the last months  8)

/o1af.jpg
/9bg3.jpg

The PCB is Virtua Fighter 2
/o0ak.jpg

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 06/18/2013, 04:30 PMYeah once I went S-Video for my turbo there is no going back.  I currently have all my primary systems modded to use S-Video expect for the Neo Geo which I am too scared of shipping off to get modded lol. 
Just do what I did.  Make sure your NEO GEO AES has a sub 100,000 serial number as they have superior RGB.  Purchase a SCART lead.  Purchase a SCART TO Component converter.  Use a headphone jack to Stereo RCA,

There, that simple.  Perfect pure RGB.

Do the same for a Model 1 MD.  However not having Unibios on a NEO GEO is kinda sucky.
IMGIMGIMG

xcrement5x

Just got this in from the CowBoom console fire sale!

IMG
Neo Geo X Gold Bundle by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Neo Geo X Gold Bundle by xcrement5x, on Flickr

This thing is practically brand new, I can't see a single scratch on any of it considering it was sold as preowned, and all the goodies are packed in there. I think the only thing I'm missing would be baggies for the hardware, but I can live without that
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: guest on 06/18/2013, 06:14 PMJust got this in from the CowBoom console fire sale!

IMG
Neo Geo X Gold Bundle

This thing is practically brand new, I can't see a single scratch on any of it considering it was sold as preowned, and all the goodies are packed in there. I think the only thing I'm missing would be baggies for the hardware, but I can live without that
I need to pick up a bundle.  I keep missing out on sales.
IMGIMGIMG

Mathius

Just got my Genesis back from being S-Video modded. As stated, a lot of games show a lot more dithering as apposed to composite/RF. But, I'll take the dithering over smug anytime.

SNKNostalgia

What about the vertical jailbars running across the screen? Even on my my TMSS Genesis 1 I see it... which is the model without rainbow banding BTW. This is why I really am just gonna go ahead and RGB SCART to Component convert my consoles. I dunno, it just seems too noticeable to me. Still, miles ahead of the composite and older S-Video mod before Xian Xi (Jamma Nation X's) revised color corrected mod.

PikachuWarrior

Goodwill:

Grabbed by the Ghoulies xbox: $1.50
Beyond Good and Evil xbox: $1.50
Dune 2000 ps1:. 75 cents
Strider nes: $2.50
Beetlejuice nes: $2.50
Battletoads nes: $2.50
IMG

EvilEvoIX

No jail bars on any of my consoles via SCART.  My snes has the infamous center bar via S-Video.  My Duo R has a series of bars and rainbowing while moving.  There is a serious jump in quality from S-Video to SCART.
IMGIMGIMG

bartre

well i got a few things over the past couple days:

Battletoads Arcade PCB
Conker live and reloaded - xbox
oddworld stranger's wrath - xbox
wild arms alter code F - PS2
Karous - DC
Napple Tale - DC
Sengoku Blade - Sat
Layer section 1&2 - Sat
Assault Suit leynos 2 - Sat
Cho Aniki - Sat
3 Parodius games - Sat
Makai Prince Dorabocchan - PCE
Rayxanber III - PCE SCD

and i sent my coregrafx off to be RGB modded pretty much the day before the PCE games showed up.
go figure :P

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 06/18/2013, 05:43 PM
Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 06/18/2013, 04:30 PMYeah once I went S-Video for my turbo there is no going back.  I currently have all my primary systems modded to use S-Video expect for the Neo Geo which I am too scared of shipping off to get modded lol. 
Just do what I did.  Make sure your NEO GEO AES has a sub 100,000 serial number as they have superior RGB.  Purchase a SCART lead.  Purchase a SCART TO Component converter.  Use a headphone jack to Stereo RCA,

There, that simple.  Perfect pure RGB.

Do the same for a Model 1 MD.  However not having Unibios on a NEO GEO is kinda sucky.
Thanks for the tip I think I am going to try this.

BigusSchmuck

Got a brand new copy of Rocket Coaster for the Laseractive for $40 plus shipping. :)

MrFlutterPie

BlueBMW

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 06/19/2013, 01:03 AMGot a brand new copy of Rocket Coaster for the Laseractive for $40 plus shipping. :)
Awesome score!  That and Triad Stone are my favs.  Oh and hyperion too.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

munchiaz

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 06/19/2013, 02:00 AMA small little pick up for me:

/amhJzut.jpg
good pick up on the Radiant Historia. It is becoming harder and harder to find

Edit: Maybe not. It looks like the game was re released. Which is awesome news. i am buying it now

EvilEvoIX

I just got all this for $60.  Good deal?  This will be my third Model 1 Sega CD, hopefully it lasts.

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

***UPDATE****

I just drive to the guys house to get this stuff and he gave it to me for FREE.  He dealt bad how far I drove which was a 120 mile round trip.  SCORE!!!!

Get this he tired to sell it three times before me, a working model 1 of all things, and when he saw I drove so far to get it he just gave it to me.  WOW.  The guy has a lot of stuff, lote of FF RPGs on the PS1 too.
IMGIMGIMG

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 06/19/2013, 12:17 PM
Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 06/18/2013, 04:02 PMI just got all this for $60.  Good deal?  This will be my third Model 1 Sega CD, hopefully it lasts.
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
***UPDATE****

I just drive to the guys house to get this stuff and he gave it to me for FREE.  He dealt bad how far I drove which was a 120 mile round trip.  SCORE!!!!
That's awesome!

But I have to ask how much did a 120 mile trek cost you in gas?

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 06/19/2013, 12:32 PM
Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 06/18/2013, 04:02 PMI just got all this for $60.  Good deal?  This will be my third Model 1 Sega CD, hopefully it lasts.
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
***UPDATE****

That's awesome!

The car gets 25MPG plus two hours round trip so call it six gallons at $3.25 a gallon so using elementary math it has to be well over $200, easily.  Wait a minute....
IMGIMGIMG

wildfruit

got die hard for pce
i quite like it

wildfruit

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 06/19/2013, 12:49 PM
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
***UPDATE****

That's awesome!

The car gets 25MPG plus two hours round trip so call it six gallons at $3.25 a gallon so using elementary math it has to be well over $200, easily.  Wait a minute....
youre lucky petrol in england is about £6.50 a gallon ($9.40)

turboswimbz

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 06/19/2013, 12:32 PMBut I have to ask how much did a 120 mile trek cost you in gas?
I make a similar trek milage wise every day and half. it works out to about 5-6 gallons of gas.  Gas round these parts is had for as cheap as $3.15 but most of the state will costs around $3.35 right now. so figure around $20-25$ for a trek like that.  This last week I roughly spent $100 to travel just over 450 miles.  Granted I get slightly better gas milage than it sounds the evo gets.   
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: wildfruit on 06/19/2013, 01:03 PM
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
***UPDATE****

That's awesome!

Yeah all those taxes and fee's to live there I don't understand how people can afford it.  I read the news that Pub attendance is DOWN, is that true?
IMGIMGIMG

PunkCryborg

Got these in the mail today from Jasonbar https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=14833.0
Great seller and he still has lots of goodies for sale!

/cbaq.jpg

wildfruit

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 06/19/2013, 01:22 PM
Quote from: wildfruit on 06/19/2013, 01:03 PM
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
***UPDATE****

That's awesome!

Yeah all those taxes and fees to live there I don't understand how people can afford it.  I read the news that Pub attendance is DOWN, is that true?
yes it is quite true but i think that has more to do with a change in lifestyle and the smoking ban rather than price.

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: BlueBMW on 06/19/2013, 02:21 AM
Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 06/19/2013, 01:03 AMGot a brand new copy of Rocket Coaster for the Laseractive for $40 plus shipping. :)
Awesome score!  That and Triad Stone are my favs.  Oh and hyperion too.
Yeah I wants Triad Stone and maybe Road Prosecutor if it wasn't so god expensive...

Flare65

Have not posted in here in a while.  Here is the last couple of months of hauls:

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

EvilEvoIX

IMG

I just got all this for twenty.  I hope it's a good deal.  Never played any of these games.
IMGIMGIMG

futureman2000

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 06/19/2013, 08:41 PMIMG
I just got all this for twenty.  I hope it's a good deal.  Never played any of these games.
Shadow Dancer is one of my favorite Genesis games. I hated the one-hit kills when I rented it bitd, but playing it again a few years ago it really grew on me.

BlueBMW

Some MVS w000t

The top one is Magical Drop 3 (FINALLY!)

/mvsw00t_zps4b2a2878.jpg
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 06/19/2013, 10:18 PMSome MVS w000t

/mvsw00t_zps4b2a2878.jpg
Which version of Magical Drop were we playing on your CMVS at your pad during MGC 2012?

allyourblood

Like some others here, I just received some games from Jasonbar, here on PCEFX. One of these I just had to see for myself. And yes, it lives up to its reputation quite well.
Oh, and Gomola Speed is fantastic. This game should have come to the US. I'm not that far into it yet, but it is unique and controls surprisingly well. Can't wait to put in more time with this one.

killedaway.com/images/3PCE.jpg
If anyone gets any leads on a "fair priced" copy of Coryoon, please lemme know!

Where is fancy bred?

Tatsujin

BlueBMW

Quote from: allyourblood on 06/19/2013, 11:30 PMOne of these I just had to see for myself. And yes, it lives up to its reputation quite well.
エナジー!!!

Quote from: Mathius on 06/19/2013, 10:44 PMWhich version of Magical Drop were we playing on your CMVS at your pad during MGC 2012?
That was Magical Drop 2.

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

wavering

Quote from: BlueBMW on 06/19/2013, 10:18 PMSome MVS w000t

/mvsw00t_zps4b2a2878.jpg
Needs more puzzle bobble ;)