OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tatsujin

Quote from: dingsbums on 07/05/2013, 05:41 PMAnd I'm really glad Irem made a Gekisha Boy sequel  :D

/qdzf.jpg
Do you also have the PS1 remake of the PCE Gekishaboy? :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Mishran

Quote from: BlueBMW on 07/05/2013, 08:03 PMComplete sets are always so cool :D

Courtesy of Mishran... thanks a lot man!  I didnt realize Flying Power Disc was Windjammers!  Way awesome!!

/neocd1_zps0f0754b6.jpg
/neocd2_zps9f4e0eca.jpg
Im glad it arrived safe. Take good care of her man. :( I know it found a good home.

FiftyQuid

Good God this thread makes me want to puke sometimes.  I am completely envious.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

esteban

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 07/06/2013, 12:12 AMGood God this thread makes me want to puke sometimes.  I am completely envious.
IMG
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: BlueBMW on 07/05/2013, 08:03 PMComplete sets are always so cool :D

Courtesy of Mishran... thanks a lot man!  I didnt realize Flying Power Disc was Windjammers!  Way awesome!!

IMG

IMG
That is a very rare console, very limited numbers.  And quite huge.  If you can deal with the loading times its and epic console.  Be sure to enjoy the SS2 Re-arranged music, one of the main reasons to own a Neo Geo CD.  Strange I could never pull off finishing moves on a Neo Geo CD Japanese version.  I mean there was blood and all, but never could kill people.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

Tatsujin

Thanks to one of the latest game sack ep. finally got me a dynamite headdy :)
and a lil kirby for le lil :)

/x36m.jpg
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

bob

TheClash603

Technocop is one of my favorite Genny games.  Nice pick up!!

hoobs88

My 2 favorite limited edition Pop Tarts are back on the shelves!

IMG
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

LameKat

Quote from: galam on 07/06/2013, 04:00 PM/turbo/tc.jpg[/img]
Is killer app any good? Been on a wicked tron kick after watching uprising in Netflix.

bob

Quote from: LameKat on 07/06/2013, 10:24 PM
Quote from: galam on 07/06/2013, 04:00 PM/turbo/tc.jpg[/img]
Is killer app any good? Been on a wicked tron kick after watching uprising in Netflix.
Haven't tried it yet. I'm hoping its somewhat enjoyable. I have a high tolerance for TRON since I love the original. Hell, I even love the Wii battle grid game.

munchiaz

Quote from: hoobs88 on 07/06/2013, 10:05 PMMy 2 favorite limited edition Pop Tarts are back on the shelves!

IMG
DAMN, real talk i gotta try those red velvets son

dingsbums

Quote from: Tatsujin on 07/05/2013, 10:19 PMDo you also have the PS1 remake of the PCE Gekishaboy? :)
I know about it but I don't have it  :-". But I didn't know it was a remake - I thought it was (is) a straight port.

PukeSter

I got a Sega Dreamcast and CIB Shenmue. :)

PunkCryborg

Thrift store junk
/4qw5.jpg

TR0N

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 07/07/2013, 04:11 PMThrift store junk
/4qw5.jpg
Id say junk the nes paperboy that port is terrible  :wink:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

wildfruit

esteban

Quote from: Tatsujin on 07/06/2013, 10:39 AMThanks to one of the latest game sack ep. finally got me a dynamite headdy :)
and a lil kirby for le lil :)

/x36m.jpg
Tell me about OLDGAMER. In fact, what he the retro scene like in Japan? Thanks in advance.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

LameKat

IMG

Happy camper here, will need to recap.

BlueBMW

Quote from: LameKat on 07/08/2013, 04:37 PMHappy camper here, will need to recap.
I'm both happy and sad for you... :D  If you need me to make up a cap kit for you, let me know.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

PunkCryborg

Mathius

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 07/08/2013, 09:12 PM/3ewd.jpg
Oooooh. Needs no introduction. I am still after that one.

xcrement5x

Normally I don't share stuff I buy from the internet, but I felt like making an exception this time:

IMG
Japan Pickups 1 by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Popful Mail Soundbox '94 (2 Disc collection)
Keio Mega-CD with promo box, complete with obi and registration card as well.  Don't really need it but got a good price on it.

IMG
Japan Pickups 2 by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Dora Dora Paradise LD-ROM, complete in very nice shape, just missing the obi (meh)

IMG
Japan Pickups 3.1 by xcrement5x, on Flickr

IMG
Japan Pickups 3.2 by xcrement5x, on Flickr

A couple SuperPlay Laserdiscs, one is a mix of Mega Drive and Mega CD games, the other is a play of Starblade.  The second picture also feature my foot in a sock.  I haven't had time yet to watch them, hopefully this weekend.  :)
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

jeffhlewis

Quote from: guest on 07/09/2013, 10:50 AMA couple SuperPlay Laserdiscs, one is a mix of Mega Drive and Mega CD games, the other is a play of Starblade.  The second picture also feature my foot in a sock.  I haven't had time yet to watch them, hopefully this weekend.  :)
Where'd you find those SuperPlays? (I'm assuming you live in Japan; just curious)

whisper2053

IMG
My Retro Gaming Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/whisper2053

PikachuWarrior

is that the foil cover or the flat (boring) one? :)
IMG

whisper2053

Flat (boring) one, sadly. But...it's now MY flat (boring) one, and I shall treasure it always!
IMG

xcrement5x

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 07/09/2013, 02:09 PM
Quote from: guest on 07/09/2013, 10:50 AMA couple SuperPlay Laserdiscs, one is a mix of Mega Drive and Mega CD games, the other is a play of Starblade.  The second picture also feature my foot in a sock.  I haven't had time yet to watch them, hopefully this weekend.  :)
Where'd you find those SuperPlays? (I'm assuming you live in Japan; just curious)
No, I'm in Colorado.  I just troll a lot of different YJA auctions, I got those at about 3000Y for the pair before shipping, it's the proxy fees that kill unless you get stuff in bulk.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

jeffhlewis

Some turbob goodies that I've been trying to get for a while. Thanks JasonBar! Also picked up a cheap copy of the L.A. Machineguns / Gunblade N.Y. combo disc for the Wii to add to my MGC Lightgun room arsenal:

IMG

...And one of my Sega fanboy holy-grails, at last (and at a decent price):

IMG
IMG

Mathius

I have been after GameWorks for years! I made a deal for one here but the guy never got back with me. All I really want it for is to play Power Drift.

jeffhlewis

Quote from: Mathius on 07/09/2013, 10:15 PMI have been after GameWorks for years! I made a deal for one here but the guy never got back with me. All I really want it for is to play Power Drift.
I took a chance on a JP listing that had just the basic ISBN description of the book and no other information or pictures. I lucked out and it came sealed in the original packaging in mint condition.

The pictures are pretty but I need to find a translation, haha.

Mathius

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 07/09/2013, 10:20 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 07/09/2013, 10:15 PMI have been after GameWorks for years! I made a deal for one here but the guy never got back with me. All I really want it for is to play Power Drift.
I took a chance on a JP listing that had just the basic ISBN description of the book and no other information or pictures. I lucked out and it came sealed in the original packaging in mint condition.

The pictures are pretty but I need to find a translation, haha.
Power Drift's music is beyond amazing. Crank the volume when you play it.

PikachuWarrior

Goodwill:

Tomb Raider ps1 (complete/black label) : $. 75 cents
Tomb Raider: Last Revelation ps1 (complete/black label) : $. 75 cents
IMG

TheClash603

All this Power Drift talk had me remember Rad Mobile.

Anyone ever play this game?  It was a Sega arcade racing game where you sat down in a little car which moved around.

I used to play it all the time, mainly because I thought the windshield wipers looked incredible and I loved the dangling Sonic keychain.

Mathius

Quote from: TheClash603 on 07/10/2013, 12:39 AMAll this Power Drift talk had me remember Rad Mobile.

Anyone ever play this game?  It was a Sega arcade racing game where you sat down in a little car which moved around.

I used to play it all the time, mainly because I thought the windshield wipers looked incredible and I loved the dangling Sonic keychain.
I loved it for the exact same reasons. :D

jeffhlewis

Quote from: TheClash603 on 07/10/2013, 12:39 AMAll this Power Drift talk had me remember Rad Mobile.

I've got a copy of Gale Racer for the Saturn (Sega Ages), just haven't had a chance to play it yet.

MrFlutterPie

Holy crap I have searching for the name of that game for 15 years now!  I used to play it at Chukie Cheese.  I remember getting pulled over and the cop comes out and bashes your hood.  Finally a 15 year mystery ends :D

bob

couple of thrift store finds.  $8 total.

/turbo/lunch.jpg[/img]

Also had a marquee made for my cab project...

/turbo/tgq.jpg[/img]

bob

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 07/09/2013, 10:08 PMSome turbob goodies that I've been trying to get for a while. Thanks JasonBar! Also picked up a cheap copy of the L.A. Machineguns / Gunblade N.Y. combo disc for the Wii to add to my MGC Lightgun room arsenal:
Have you played this yet?  I'm curious as I saw it for $8 at a local GS and passed it up. 
Also, if you like Wii light gun games, Reload is pretty fun.  Sort of an updated version of Hogans Alley.

coyoteslash

ApolloBoy

So I get home today after being out of town and I find this waiting for me:

IMG
IMG

Tatsujin

nice, whacha gonna pray on it? :)

Tatsujin

get sega age for SS then :)

btw. nice thing that Gameworks vol. 1, except the fucked up ferrari fark in outrun. for how much do they go now? got mine many years ago for around 50 bucks.

btw. nice socks xele :P

ApolloBoy

Quote from: Tatsujin on 07/11/2013, 11:22 PMnice, whacha gonna pray on it? :)
I've already got a few MSX carts and a MegaFlashROM SCC SD+ so I'm good on that end. I've been getting into collecting for the MSX though I wish carts weren't so goddamnned expensive.
IMG

BlueBMW

I own three MSX carts.... same three I got when I bought the system.... They are stupid expensive!  Where can you get the flash cart for it?
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Tatsujin

I have a lot o' loose goosey carts which I might unload one day. but I'm telling this since years..lol

jeffhlewis

Quote from: Tatsujin on 07/11/2013, 11:27 PM
get sega age for SS then :)

btw. nice thing that Gameworks vol. 1, except the fucked up ferrari fark in outrun. for how much do they go now? got mine many years ago for around 50 bucks.

btw. nice socks xele :P
Got mine for 108 shipped. Last one I was bidding on went for 185. Shit's gettin' real.

ApolloBoy

Quote from: Tatsujin on 07/11/2013, 11:56 PMI have a lot o' loose goosey carts which I might unload one day. but I'm telling this since years..lol
I'd be up for that, I don't collect boxed MSX carts and the cheaper the better haha
IMG

whisper2053

IMG

BlueBMW

Is that a scanline generator I see there?