@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

R.I.P. Snowkitty

Started by T2KFreeker, 09/11/2013, 02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T2KFreeker

For those of you that don't know, our member snowkitty has passed away. He died at home in Allentown Pennsylvania on August 18th. He was laid to rest in El Cajon California. He was only 24. He will be missed. Sorry for our loss and the loss of his family. R.I.P. brother.
END OF LINE.

NecroPhile

So long, chat buddy.  :(
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

JoshTurboTrollX

:( I'm so sorry to hear this!  My thoughts are with snowkitty and the chats we shared.....

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

OldRover

Nooooooooooooooo :cry: this sucks. :( RIP man... you went way too early.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

xcrement5x

Yeah, quite sad news.  Hope his family is doing alright and knows that he will be missed by those who knew him, if only through chatbox and such.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Nando

SuperPlay

Sorry to hear this, my thoughts are with the family.

turboswimbz

sad sad sad, another chat peep down.

RIP bud.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

chop5

i remember when snow first came to these forums,he was still a teenager. we hit it off right away with him being a techy and all. he specialized in ps2 and ps1 hardware. he could do welds smaller than i can to install the modchips and stuff. i use to send him so many ps2's and almost bought him one at the flea market last sunday. when he came into chat i would always say i would pet him till he purred. so much i can say. i will miss him.
 i will meet you on the other side ,goodbye my friend.
IMG
AKA jetblue
Gentlemen behold...The chopsado!
IMG
tg-16 region converter or some weird bow tie

OldRover

Does anyone know the details of what happened?
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Sparky

That's terrible to hear :( I never chatted with him much but ya him and chop were  always talking shop :)

PunkCryborg

Sadler

Sorry to hear about this. :( Seemed like a good dude. :(

syphic

Awesome trades and deals with:
Fiftyquid, thesteve, keithcourage, mothergunner, Bernie, turboswimbz, Bardoly, BlueBMW, Galam, Elderboroom, dicer

Tatsujin

It is so sad how our PCEFX siblings are passing away lately :(

I didn't know SnowKitty well, but we chatted here and there about stuff. Even made some friendly jokes about how he has no money for food, so he has to eat rice every day, but he wouldn't ever sell his guns to get some living cash etc.

Rest In Peace bro. We'll miss you! :(

btw. any news regarding the cause of death yet?
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: OldRover on 09/11/2013, 08:16 PMDoes anyone know the details of what happened?
Yeah, what happened?  Was he sick, in an accident, etc?
IMG

turbokon

I don't think I crossed path with him but still sad to hear. I'm also curious as to the circumstances of his passing.
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

Tatsujin

he didn't seem to be sick or anything, beside he didn't had lot of foods to eat recently. But that would't cause any sudden death normally. but there is always a risk for e.x. a sudden heart attack, even in young age.

As it seems he wasn't so happy with his life regarding the jobless circumstances etc., suicide could be one assumption. but what can I tell here, I just didn't know him that well :(
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

csgx1

That's terrible news....RIP  :(

roflmao

I'm very saddened by this news.  He always made me lol when I hopped onto chat.

TR0N

Quote from: OldRover on 09/11/2013, 08:16 PMDoes anyone know the details of what happened?
I like to know as well since this came out of nowhere rip snowkitty  :(
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Bernie

This is terrible news.  :(

bartre

RIP techy brother.

damn, he's barely older than me, that's kind of mind blowing.

Xak

RIP

not trying to judge but it could have been an overdose.Someone so young should not suddenly die of natural causes
Im a real life Sadler, just take me to the nearest item shop.

I have aspergers, and am a recovering Tonicholic

jperryss

OldRover

Quote from: Xak on 09/12/2013, 07:00 AMnot trying to judge but it could have been an overdose.
That's not judgmental; it's a very realistic and very possible scenario. Murder/suicide, vehicle accident, work accident, and drug overdose are the only things that really come to mind when you think about someone so young leaving this world.

Xak

I myself overdosed 2 years ago on those new pills going around. Its not joke. 10 more minutes and I would have been dead paramedics said. I had 60% oxygen in my brain

Arkhan Asylum

You want at least 85%. 

Given the fact that he died at home, we can rule a lot of things out.  It only leaves a few possibilities.  They all suck.  :-/
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

MotherGunner

I did not know him but I join the rest of the community in offering my condolences to the family.  He was too damn young to go; RIP.    =/
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: OldRover on 09/12/2013, 07:45 AM
Quote from: Xak on 09/12/2013, 07:00 AMnot trying to judge but it could have been an overdose.
That's not judgmental; it's a very realistic and very possible scenario. Murder/suicide, vehicle accident, work accident, and drug overdose are the only things that really come to mind when you think about someone so young leaving this world.
*sigh* I was thinking of some of those possibilities, but I didn't want to even suggest it.  Whatever happened, I hope it was as peaceful as possible!
IMG

MrFlutterPie

Damn 24, he was so young :(

My prayers are with his family and friends.

TheClash603

:(

Been gone a few days and come back to bad news.  My thoughts are with the family.

GohanX

Dammit, he was just a kid.

munchiaz

Really sad to hear. He was only a year younger than me. My thoughts go out to his family and friends..... R.I.P.

chop5

he was a great technician. could do smaller solder welds than me. Ps1 and Ps2 were his specialty.
these are his last words.

21:15:15) ChatBot: SnowKitty logs into the Chat.
(2013.08.17 - 21:15:29) SnowKitty: anyone seen t2k?
(2013.08.17 - 21:15:39) SnowKitty: i found that PSP-2000 laser
(2013.08.17 - 21:16:23) GE0: damn
(2013.08.17 - 21:16:29) GE0: so game genie may not resolve this issue
(2013.08.17 - 21:16:34) GE0: is worth a shot tho
(2013.08.17 - 21:16:36) chop5: hey snowkitty
(2013.08.17 - 21:17:02) chop5: il let him know
(2013.08.17 - 21:17:26) chop5: il still send it
(2013.08.17 - 21:17:56) DragonmasterDan: GE0: Disable the NES 10 chip
(2013.08.17 - 21:17:58) DragonmasterDan: it's easy
(2013.08.17 - 21:18:12) DragonmasterDan:
http://youtu.be/L​LMCj2VosLc - Invalid ID
(2013.08.17 - 21:18:30) chop5: sai will end up getting his dick caught in it an dburning down th ehouse
(2013.08.17 - 21:19:16) DragonmasterDan: I suck at these kinds of things, but have disabled 6 or 7 10NES chips
(2013.08.17 - 21:21:55) ChatBot: SnowKitty has been logged out (Timeout)

one of the funniest stories he told me was during the first months he moved to Pennsylvania. he's a gun nut and carries his gun with him everywhere. well he told me it was late at night and was hungry so he and his friend went walking around the area they live looking for a food place. late at night  only place open is white castle. filled with homeless and college hippy dudes. one of the hippy dudes taunted him about his holsterd gun and wouldn't stop calling him all sorts of names till they got their food and left. and im thinking of all the places on earth where a man should be armed is a late night white castle when all the gangbangers,yakuza,crazies and hookers go to fill up on the cheapest burgers in town.
was funnier when he told it wich wasn't meant to be funny :)
later rey,till the next life.
AKA jetblue
IMG

CGQuarterly

I didn't know him, but it's sad when anyone dies before their time.  RIP.

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NightWolve

I haven't been in the chatroom in a while, but I think I remember him somewhat. R.I.P. and condolences to his friends.

If it was an overdose, that hits close to home. I had a good friend that overdosed on heroine and cause the dumb bastard mixed it with alcohol as well.... Dead at 28... I saw his lifeless body laying on the floor right after the paramedic had given up and pronounced him dead, I couldn't believe it, and since I was the family contact to his aunt, I had to be the one to call her and tell her what happened... Time of death was called between 10 am to 2 pm. The same day, his aunt had called me, at 9 am, leaving me a message to tell him to go to the hospital because his grandma's condition was worsening. I banged on his door at 10:15 am, no answer, then I thought it strange, I came back, rang and bang at 10:30 am again, no answer. If I had gotten there earlier after her voice message, 9 to 9:45 am, I might've altered his actions, taken him to the hospital, etc. If the time of death estimate was accurate, that is. So tragically, he dies that day, and then grandma dies the next day... Go figure.

My other friend/neighbor, Mike, had saved him once before by calling emergency services after he came back out of his house to chat again and couldn't sit straight, and was looking all fucked up, etc. I came out a little after it was happening and saw like 6 paramedics holding his head back and injecting something in his nose to neutralize the drug or for revival I guess. He dodged it that day cause somebody else was there. Mike told him to stop taking that shit, and that if he didn't, that would be the end of any friendship... But, that wasn't going to work with somebody that was addicted to drugs for years, since HS I think. He tried the methadone clinic option for a few years, but that turned into abuse as well from what his aunt told me.

Stupid druggie friends that got him addicted, what can you do... A particular friend which hanged himself like months before which might've had something to do with it. I suspect it was just carelessness and mixing it with alcohol though, I lean more in that direction, but yeah...

chop5

it was not overdose in snowkittys case. oh and thank you nightwolf for such a lengthy AND detailed story about overdose in a place it doesnt belong.
AKA jetblue
IMG

OldRover

Is the cause of death known yet?

NightWolve

Quote from: chop5 on 09/18/2013, 11:43 AMit was not overdose in snowkittys case. oh and thank you nightwolf for such a lengthy AND detailed story about overdose in a place it doesnt belong.
I didn't start the speculation on overdose. Further context was there with someone revealing that they almost died from an overdose as well, etc. And it's kinda easier for you to say my story "doesn't belong" since you apparently now know the exact cause of death and feel it's wrongly casting negative aspersions about his life. That wasn't the intent. I lost a good friend at 28 and there was possibly a window of <1 hour where I might've saved him. I think it was an interesting experience and some context was there to have decided to share it. I'm sorry you're offended and felt rude sarcasm was an appropriate response over it.

VestCunt

Quote from: The Old Rover on 09/18/2013, 11:47 AMIs the cause of death known yet?
If anyone was at liberty to say, I'm sure they would. When CoD is not revealed in cases like this it, it's usually because it's painful for the family.
Topic Adjourned.

Mathius

I am kicking myself for not skimming the forums more. I knew Snowkitty. He modded my PS2 a while back here. Chop mentioned something about him last night in chat but I didn't think anything of it.

Your soul and family are in my prayers, Snow. We love and miss you.

Xak

Its not fair. I've had two near death experiences. My most recent happened in may and was bad. Why do some die and scum like me live? In the last few years i've been a horrible person. If anything I deserved it

Mathius

Quote from: Xak on 09/18/2013, 09:43 PMIts not fair. I've had two near death experiences. My most recent happened in may and was bad. Why do some die and scum like me live? In the last few years i've been a horrible person. If anything I deserved it
No one on Earth is wise enough to answer that question I'm afraid. You do deserve a chance at life, however. You still have an opportunity to make a difference in your or someone else's life. You have infinite potential, Xak. You matter.

Tatsujin

Quote from: Xak on 09/18/2013, 09:43 PMWhy do some die and scum like me live? In the last few years i've been a horrible person. If anything I deserved it
Why do you say such things :(

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: Tatsujin on 09/18/2013, 10:28 PM
Quote from: Xak on 09/18/2013, 09:43 PMWhy do some die and scum like me live? In the last few years i've been a horrible person. If anything I deserved it
Why do you say such things :(
Lets to to keep a thread like this on topic.  If his death was preventable I hope we can all learn from it.  If its drugs then again be reminded how fragile life is and you are literally playing with death.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

jeffhlewis

Man, this sucks. Didn't interact with the guy personally but I've met enough of you at get-togethers that it'd throw me for a loop if one of you passed away. Hope his family is at peace with whatever happened - losing a loved one this young is a haunting experience. RIP.

Joe Redifer

Thanks for posting your story, Nightwolve. It was very interesting to read.

And since cause of death has not been revealed to us, all we can do is speculate. We have one person telling us it was not an overdose but this person offered no credentials or sources as to why this would not necessarily be the case. It certainly could have been an OD. Or suicide. Or even an accident. We don't know. I just hope he didn't go out like David Carradine went out.