RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkhan Asylum

I got a PS4 too.  I didn't take pictures.   We beat Knack already.

resogun and contrast = fuck yes
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

jeffhlewis

Josh - do those 1084's have RGB? How's the picture?

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 11/16/2013, 04:56 PMJosh - do those 1084's have RGB? How's the picture?
I don't see no RGB....
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Arkhan Asylum

all 1084 monitors have RGB on them.  Either in DIN or DB9 form.

EDIT:  The one in the video looks like a 1084S, so it should have a DIN on the back for RGB.

You can plug an Amiga 500 in to composite with just a normal RCA cable, but it will be black and white.

I might still have a cable here for Amiga 500-->1084 monitor.    I'll see if I do still.  It's free if I can find it.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Tatsujin

Weren't there also some with scart RGB input? at least in europe I think we had them. but most were DINs.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Tatsujin on 11/16/2013, 09:58 PMWeren't there also some with scart RGB input? at least in europe I think we had them. but most were DINs.
Yeah we didn't get SCART here.  The monitors have the cutout for where SCART would have been, but it's empty.

dingsbums

Games

/yils.jpg

A new PCB  :P

/8tt1.jpg
/uym9.jpg

Quote from: Tatsujin on 11/16/2013, 09:58 PMWeren't there also some with scart RGB input? at least in europe I think we had them. but most were DINs.
Yes - I had a 1084 with a RGB Scart input (sadly the screen died around 2 years ago  :? :cry:). But the more common ones are the screens with the 9 Pin RGB input.

jeffhlewis

Stopped up at People Play Games in Chicago over the weekend...took massive restraint to only walk out with this stuff:

IMG

Standard PPG pricing - common stuff is pretty reasonably priced and anything remotely rare or uncommon is balls expensive...and then there's the $349 for a loose PCE Duo.

Still a must-see when you're in the area though.

BlueBMW

[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

turboswimbz

NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Mathius

Good lord that's an expensive Duo!

jeffhlewis

Quote from: turboswimbz on 11/17/2013, 09:09 PMMOMO!
$6.95 to boot. Damn near mint condition, too. Am I the only person that smells the manual to determine the mintyness of the product?

Oh man, I walked right into that joke.

turboswimbz

Not a bad price.  I picked one up for 6 by the time I added shipping in off the forum.  I enjoy momo, even if it is god awful hard in the final stages for me.  One of the best cheap games I have owned.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

VestCunt

Last few months. PCE, CD+G's, D&D, and multiplayers.
IMG
Topic Adjourned.

chany60126

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 11/17/2013, 08:57 PMStopped up at People Play Games in Chicago over the weekend...took massive restraint to only walk out with this stuff:

Standard PPG pricing - common stuff is pretty reasonably priced and anything remotely rare or uncommon is balls expensive...and then there's the $349 for a loose PCE Duo.

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 11/17/2013, 08:57 PMStopped up at People Play Games in Chicago over the weekend...took massive restraint to only walk out with this stuff:

IMG

People Play Games has a very great selection for all systems. But yeah, some of the rarer titles tend to be way overpriced. Any noteworthy turbo or AES games at the store, Jeff? It's been a while since I visited PPG.

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: guest on 11/16/2013, 08:32 PMall 1084 monitors have RGB on them.  Either in DIN or DB9 form.

EDIT:  The one in the video looks like a 1084S, so it should have a DIN on the back for RGB.

You can plug an Amiga 500 in to composite with just a normal RCA cable, but it will be black and white.

I might still have a cable here for Amiga 500-->1084 monitor.    I'll see if I do still.  It's free if I can find it.
Thank you!!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

jeffhlewis

Quote from: chany60126 on 11/18/2013, 12:26 AMPeople Play Games has a very great selection for all systems. But yeah, some of the rarer titles tend to be way overpriced. Any noteworthy turbo or AES games at the store, Jeff? It's been a while since I visited PPG.
As long as you're not buying grail games behind the glass case, the deals aren't horrible but they're creeping up past eBay prices in some cases. But on the flipside you get to actually see what you're buying before you buy it. So there's that.

They had a decent wall of U.S. Turbo stuff for $8-10 bucks a piece, complete. Behind the glass case they had CIB U.S. copies of Soldier Blade, Dungeon Explorer 2 and Terraforming. Some other goodies like Under Defeat for the DC, MUSHA for the Genesis along with a bunch of complete boxed NES games for absurd prices. Nothing "OMGRARE" this time around but a good selection if you have the $$$.

For AES they had 3 Count Bout and Blue's Journey both CIB for $50 each. They had some loose AES in the glass case but I didn't bother to translate the names on the labels.

NecroPhile

Quote from: VestCunt on 11/17/2013, 10:43 PMLast few months. PCE, CD+G's, D&D, and multiplayers.
IMG
Nice on the CD+Gs!  What're the graphics like on the Lou Reed disc?

I finally snagged Hawaiian Island Girls:

IMG
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Nando

HOLY SHIT $90 for that CD?

GOD BLESS THE INTERNET!! FREE PR0N for ALL!

NecroPhile

It could be worse.  Local Girls of Hawaii was also $89.95, but Bikini Girls was $149.95.  :shock:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Nando

Quote from: guest on 11/18/2013, 12:32 PMIt could be worse.  Local Girls of Hawaii was also $89.95, but Bikini Girls was $149.95.  :shock:
GOOD LAWD!!! Cool as hell from a collectors POV but JEEBUS CRISPY ON A TRIKE!!

80's girls....um no thanks. lol

Mathius

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 11/18/2013, 10:44 AM
Quote from: chany60126 on 11/18/2013, 12:26 AMPeople Play Games has a very great selection for all systems. But yeah, some of the rarer titles tend to be way overpriced. Any noteworthy turbo or AES games at the store, Jeff? It's been a while since I visited PPG.
As long as you're not buying grail games behind the glass case, the deals aren't horrible but they're creeping up past eBay prices in some cases. But on the flipside you get to actually see what you're buying before you buy it. So there's that.

They had a decent wall of U.S. Turbo stuff for $8-10 bucks a piece, complete. Behind the glass case they had CIB U.S. copies of Soldier Blade, Dungeon Explorer 2 and Terraforming. Some other goodies like Under Defeat for the DC, MUSHA for the Genesis along with a bunch of complete boxed NES games for absurd prices. Nothing "OMGRARE" this time around but a good selection if you have the $$$.

For AES they had 3 Count Bout and Blue's Journey both CIB for $50 each. They had some loose AES in the glass case but I didn't bother to translate the names on the labels.
Good chance that Soldier Blade was the same one that was there two years ago. Still too expensive I'd wager.

chany60126

Quote from: Mathius on 11/18/2013, 03:21 PM

Good chance that Soldier Blade was the same one that was there two years ago. Still too expensive I'd wager.
I used to go that store frequently during my college days. The owner is a really cool guy. He knows me by name. His prices used to be reasonable on just about anything, even rarer stuff. I remember picking up US Soldier Blade with manual for $40 about 3 or 4 years ago. The owner even threw in about a dozen hucard sleeves. In the past two years the prices have really gone up on the rarer stuff, such as $350 for a CIB Soldier Blade and $250 for CIB Shockman last time I was there...

Like Jeff said, the store is definitely worth getting to if you are in the area. There aren't too many places where you can see turbo games out in the wild, among other cool games. :)

jeffhlewis

Quote from: chany60126 on 11/18/2013, 03:33 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 11/18/2013, 03:21 PM

I used to go that store frequently during my college days. The owner is a really cool guy. He knows me by name. His prices used to be reasonable on just about anything, even rarer stuff. I remember picking up US Soldier Blade with manual for $40 about 3 or 4 years ago. The owner even threw in about a dozen hucard sleeves. In the past two years the prices have really gone up on the rarer stuff, such as $350 for a CIB Soldier Blade and $250 for CIB Shockman last time I was there...

Like Jeff said, the store is definitely worth getting to if you are in the area. There aren't too many places where you can see turbo games out in the wild, among other cool games. :)
I walked by that Media XChange a couple blocks down from there; that place was pretty good if I remember from our trip a couple years ago. I had to cut myself off though, heh.

PikachuWarrior

Goodwill:

Pokemon Pokedex by Tiger Electronics (w/ working batteries) Good shape: $.75 cents

--Surprised this goes for a small fortune.

Amazon:

Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! CE: $0.00

/5uwy.jpg
IMG

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: PikachuWarrior on 11/19/2013, 07:14 PMAmazon:
Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW! CE: $0.00
How did you get it for free?

I picked up my copy today.  The guy said they didn't get many in.  I'm glad I went on launch day.

hoobs88

1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

PikachuWarrior

amazon gift cards. each month i get $50-100
IMG

jeffhlewis

Quote from: hoobs88 on 11/19/2013, 09:33 PMIMG

Herman Li signature guitar
Man I miss playing guitar...nice pickup

roflmao

Isn't Herman Li the guitarist from Dragonforce?  Man, he's a monster.  I remember watching a video awhile back where he said a lot of his licks were inspired by retro games.

hoobs88

Quote from: guest on 11/19/2013, 11:59 PM

Isn't Herman Li the guitarist from Dragonforce?  Man, he's a monster.  I remember watching a video awhile back where he said a lot of his licks were inspired by retro games. 
Yes, Herman Li is indeed the guitarist from Dragonforce. I have only owned an acoustic guitar over the 20+ years that I have been playing so I wanted to get a nice electric guitar and spent some vacation money towards it since I didn't go on a cruise this year.

TR0N

It's been a few years since i bought a game for the neo-geo,but i finally bought a copy of nightmare in the dark  :mrgreen: Yeah and i did get my physical copy of coh2 last month.
IMG
IMG

For any body that wonders what nitd is like for the neo-geo mvs
[GA] Nightmare in the Dark (Arcade / Neogeo) [HD] Part 1
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

roflmao

Zombie Parasol Stars!  Freaking awesome!

TR0N

Quote from: guest on 11/20/2013, 01:54 AMZombie Parasol Stars!  Freaking awesome!
Id say the most the game really does remind me of snow bros  :wink:
IMG

Opethian

IMG

DragonmasterDan

I picked up a couple games on the way to work.

IMG
--DragonmasterDan

whisper2053

Recent additions over the past week:

Some new custom cases

/piop.jpg

And then the awesome goodies...

/wti6.jpg

Top left to bottom right, Real Bout Fatal Fury 1 & 2, King of Boxing/Center Ring Boxing, and a REALLY nice set of D2/D-Terminal>component cables for my PSX.
IMG
My Retro Gaming Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/whisper2053

hoobs88

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 11/22/2013, 06:49 AMI picked up a couple games on the way to work.

IMG
I was under the impression that those games were coming out on Black Friday but I got a text message from Game Stop that seemed to indicate that they would be available for pickup today while your photo certainly confirms it.

TheClash603

I think I want to play Super Mario 3D World more than my Xbox One.

Unfortunately I can't really play either until tomorrow, as I have stuffz tonight.

Killer Instinct was real enjoyable when I played it, but I wish there was more characters.  Not even double digits in 2013 is kind of a joke!

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: TheClash603 on 11/22/2013, 10:01 PMI think I want to play Super Mario 3D World more than my Xbox One.
It's awesome!
--DragonmasterDan

PikachuWarrior

Goodwill:

Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom (Gamecube/Complete): $1.50
IMG

Flare65

Was cleaning out the kitchen cabinet and I found these two coffee mugs that I got at the Konami booth at the CES convention back when t was held in Chicago in the mid 1990's.

IMG

Which is kinda convenient since today is my birthday and my parents got me this cold brew coffee maker from japan. 

IMG

TR0N

IMG

JapanTokei

lol, now it's my turn to call you out on that...

==> don't be sniffing Momo's undies (even off a manual) !!  :)

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 11/17/2013, 09:39 PM
Quote from: turboswimbz on 11/17/2013, 09:09 PMMOMO!
$6.95 to boot. Damn near mint condition, too. Am I the only person that smells the manual to determine the mintyness of the product?

Oh man, I walked right into that joke.

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 11/23/2013, 03:04 PM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 11/22/2013, 10:01 PMI think I want to play Super Mario 3D World more than my Xbox One.
It's awesome!
You bit the bullet on those two Bonk 3 & Neutopia wannabees eh?     :roll:      :lol:

PunkCryborg

Just picked this up but haven't had a chance to try it. I'm on a Gundam kick lately and heard this had some cool music and 2d art and it was pretty cheap so was a nice pick up
/wygh.jpg

Arkhan Asylum

My Ys for Vita shipped, so I bought that officially.

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: TR0N on 11/20/2013, 01:21 AMIt's been a few years since i bought a game for the neo-geo,but i finally bought a copy of nightmare in the dark  :mrgreen: Yeah and i did get my physical copy of coh2 last month.
IMG
IMG

For any body that wonders what nitd is like for the neo-geo mvs
[GA] Nightmare in the Dark (Arcade / Neogeo) [HD] Part 1
Great game here.  I play it a lot on my MVS
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

PikachuWarrior

Should be getting Ys Memories of Celceta Silver Edition on Friday from Amazon: Free!

and Monster Hunter Ultimate 3 for Wii U just got on Amazon Lightning Deals for $16--that one sold out within a minute of the deal going live!
IMG

xcrement5x

Got some random stuff the other day:

IMG
2013-11-26 Saturn by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Olympic Soccer [SAT]
Double Switch [SAT]
Grid Runner [SAT]
Norse by Norsewest: The Return Of Lost Vikings [SAT] (no manual) :(
Blood Will Tell [PS2]

All the Saturn games came out to about $7 each with the shipping, you can see what I paid for Blood Will Tell in the picture.  :P
I will probably try and sell Blood Will Tell since it seems to go for closer to $30, or if anyone has an extra Norse by Norsewest manual I would happily trade for it. :D
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)