RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Collecting Much?

Started by Arkhan Asylum, 06/27/2012, 02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VestCunt

Today's "Collecting Much" award goes to Kaijuboy!

Qualifications:
1) Serial collector! Indiscriminately chasing every "classic" system from Atari 2600 to PS3!
2) Insta-collector! Sixty-four TG/PCE games purchased in one month!
3) Region/genre/format blind! That's right, he's not motivated by gaming or intimidated by 700-game libraries, he wants to buy "all of them".*
4) Happy to pay Ebay prices, gouger certified!

*Games must include case and manual
Topic Adjourned.

Bernie

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: VestCunt on 07/25/2012, 06:18 PMToday's "Collecting Much" award goes to Kaijuboy!

Qualifications:
1) Serial collector! Indiscriminately chasing every "classic" system from Atari 2600 to PS3!
3) Region/genre/format blind! That's right, he's not motivated by gaming or intimidated by 700-game libraries, he wants to buy "all of them".*

I fit these. I fail to see the problem here.
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 07/25/2012, 10:45 PMI fit these. I fail to see the problem here.
The only problem is if you start pissing and moaning because we're not selling you enough games or because we're not including you in certain opportunities due to you not having established yourself as a part of this community.  Nobody here is owed anything, and nobody would've given two fucks about Kaijuboy if he hadn't started ranting about how much this place sucks.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

soop

Well.. it's not that either.  I'm a collector (for the PCE) and a player (for any decent game on any system), but what this community doesn't want is:

People who are going to pay way over the odds, thus justifying high prices and raising the general price for the rest of us
People who are gonna hoard games and never play them (hence a disparagement of people who mainly post in sales threads).  We're all about the PCE/TG16, and we would prefer to talk to people about the games, the homebrew and the technical aspects.  I've learned 95% of what I know from hanging out here.
People who are going to take advantage of low prices here to build a collection, and then sell off the entire thing months later for a huge profit.  And with someone who has no interest in playing their collection (see point 2) is all the more likely to sell it.  There have been some rad guys who, with money concerns, have offered their stuff back to the community at cost.
And lastly, it's not 100% guaranteed, but someone who wants every game for every system probably
a) Doesn't love the Turbo all that much and
b) realising how many millions it would cost to get every game evar, they'll probably sell off some of the collections they don't play, to fund one of the other collections.

So it's ok to be a collector, but the forum isn't a shopping mall, attaining the games is ideally a means to an end;

discuss games > discover new games > purchase game > play game > discuss game.  That's pretty much how I see it.

I want a full collection one day, but I'm not too fussed with the Majong games just yet, and I probably won't play those when I do get them  but they'll be cheap (I hope) and at least I'll be preserving them rather than bin them because they're ...  less good than other games on the system :)
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

Samurai Ghost

Or maybe you'll become a huge Mahjong fan?!

I'm a collector for sure, but I buy games with this kind of priority:

1. Games I want to play that happen to be collectable that are cheap and in good condition.
2. Common games I want to play that are cheap and in good condition.
3. Collectable games that I want to play that are cheap and are in any kind of condition.
4. Collectable games that I want to play that are a little expensive but in great condition.
5. Collectable games that I don't really care about but are cheap and in good condition.
6. Games that I don't really care about but are cheap and in good condition.

Cheap/expensive is relative to it's market value for me. So $50 is extremely expensive for Keith Courage but extremely cheap for Magical Chase. Usually most of the games I buy are under $20, but I've spent up to around $100 on occasion for single titles.

I sometime buy a ton of games in a short period for a given system, but generally I watch the auctions all the time and just wait for good deals. The only time I end up overpaying is when I somehow get screwed on shipping, although I've made a couple mistakes in the past. I'll buy a duplicate of a game I already have if an insanely good deals pops up (around 50% of it's regular market price) for trading purposes or for getting a manual/case in better condition.

Hardware is a bit different as I'll buy broken hardware and try to fix it or buy variations of systems I already own. I'm a bit of an insane collector when it comes to hardware...

soop

Well said.  I have the same priority, which is why I recently bought 5 good games for the same price I could have had one amazing game.  Can't wait to get my hands on them though!!!
Quote from: esteban on 04/26/2018, 04:44 PMSHUTTLECOCK OR SHUFFLE OFF!

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: NecroPhile on 07/26/2012, 11:32 AMThe only problem is if you start pissing and moaning... Nobody here is owed anything, and nobody would've given two fucks about Kaijuboy if he hadn't started ranting about how much this place sucks.

I think this is a pretty universal complaint across all forums, regardless of topics. Reading his posts, I don't see him saying anything about the forums sucks, yet I may have missed that. However, those weren't the complaints listed by VestCunt. The complaints listed by VestCunt centered around Kaijuboy's buying and selling of items.

Quote from: soop on 07/26/2012, 12:04 PMPeople who are going to pay way over the odds, thus justifying high prices and raising the general price for the rest of us
As an intro, I am far more active on reddit's r/gamecollecting. There, I try and combat this mentality with as much as I can. First of all, this idea is extremely selfish. A seller lists something on Ebay at a price he wants. Then, a buyer has the choice of buying it or waiting for a lower price. The buyer's decision is based on his or her personal discretionary income, desire for the item, and many other factors, none of which are your business. The idea that the price you want to pay should be factored into a buyers decision is just 100% pure self-interest.

Now, if video games were an essential commodity, such as food, water, clothing, shelter, etc, then I would see a problem. (My personal belief is that everyone in society should have access to those.) However, video games are nowhere near necessity. A man earning, lets say, $100,000 a year at his job has every right to spend his extra income how he sees fit. Additionally, given that an hour of his time is worth $50 (assuming 50wk 40hr work week), it doesn't behoove him to spend 2 hours on ebay to save $20. He just lost $80, technically speaking. You expect him to behave in a way that benefits you. He loses $80 so you don't have to spend extra money.

Quote from: soop on 07/26/2012, 12:04 PMPeople who are gonna hoard games and never play them (hence a disparagement of people who mainly post in sales threads).  We're all about the PCE/TG16, and we would prefer to talk to people about the games, the homebrew and the technical aspects.  I've learned 95% of what I know from hanging out here.
Who cares what a person does with their games? Why is this any of your business?

Quote from: soop on 07/26/2012, 12:04 PMPeople who are going to take advantage of low prices here to build a collection, and then sell off the entire thing months later for a huge profit.  And with someone who has no interest in playing their collection (see point 2) is all the more likely to sell it.  There have been some rad guys who, with money concerns, have offered their stuff back to the community at cost.

This does suck. People using the forums just to profit because people are nice here is just bad karma. Swiss870 is a good example. However, I think that this is a different argument than the one you presented earlier.

Quote from: soop on 07/26/2012, 12:04 PMAnd lastly, it's not 100% guaranteed, but someone who wants every game for every system probably
a) Doesn't love the Turbo all that much and
I love the TG-16, its one of my fav things to collect now. However, it shouldn't be a prerequisite for collecting.

DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

VestCunt

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 07/25/2012, 10:45 PM
Quote from: VestCunt on 07/25/2012, 06:18 PMToday's "Collecting Much" award goes to Kaijuboy!

Qualifications:

I fit these. I fail to see the problem here.
There's nothing wrong with it; I just hate rich pricks. Insta-collectors and serial collectors experience life by how much money they spend. Kaijuboy isn't driven by nostalgia, a love of gaming, or even collecting, he just needs a commodity to shit dollars on every month. He has no particular interest in the TG16; he's purchasing every video game under the sun.
Topic Adjourned.

NecroPhile

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 07/26/2012, 01:49 PMReading his posts, I don't see him saying anything about the forums sucks, yet I may have missed that.
Did you miss where he accused us of being exclusionary to newcomers, claimed to be shunned and ignored, declared some seller's/raffler's rules to be nothing more than dick waving, and that 'everything he sees here is petty, childish, and elitist'?  That hardly sounds like he likes it here.

PikachuWarrior

His points are valid to what newcomers would think. Yes there's a divide, but it's not like it's unwarranted.
IMG

Kaijuboy

Qualifications:

Hurray! Do I win a prize?  :)  *It must be complete with case and manual though!*   :lol:

Guys, since when is having a large game library a bad thing.  I've been gaming for over 30 years, and lot of my stuff IS that old. Yeah, that means I have a lot of games.  But why should I sell off games I like?  Do people complain when others have too many movies in their collections?  Or how about too many books?

I didnt know there was a maximum game limit on this site.  Does that tie in with the minimum post counts too?   8)

And as far as case & manuals go, thats my preference, so?  Some people through away their dvd cases and put the discs in sleeve books.  I do not.  So? Its their preference.  I admit it would be cheaper to get loose Hu games, but I actually enjoy the nostalgia of the old manuals and their deliciously cheesy artwork.  Makes me feel like I was 8 again. :)

Kaijuboy

Quote from: VestCunt on 07/26/2012, 01:53 PMThere's nothing wrong with it; I just hate rich pricks. Insta-collectors and serial collectors experience life by how much money they spend. Kaijuboy isn't driven by nostalgia, a love of gaming, or even collecting, he just needs a commodity to shit dollars on every month. He has no particular interest in the TG16; he's purchasing every video game under the sun.
You dont even KNOW me.  And I've not sold ANYTHING on this or other classic boards.  :shock:

Thats like me calling you a poor sob because youve got no games, or you only play on one system.  I would never do that, because I dont know you, so please dont throw them at me.   :wink:

I have a vast library because I've been gaming (and NOT selling) for over 30 years.  I never knew that was a bad thing.

Sure I've bought a lot of TG games quickly, so?  I use to own an original TG back when they first came out, and unfortunately it (& my games) were stupidly sold off by my parents years ago.  And I've always wanted to get back the games (and more) from my childhood.  And now that I'm an adult I can do so much more easily.  I not doing it to "sell it off" later.  If so why on earth would I be buying "high-commodity" titles like Keith Courage?  Which by the way I've been actively playing again.  And if I wasnt a gamer why would I have started a Ys Chronology thread?

Yes, Im a gamer, and have been since the 2600 (my 1st system).  And yes, sorry, I do not ONLY game on the TG.  If that offends anyone, well... tough cookies.   :lol:

A collector to me is all those people that buy those "VGA rated" sealed games.  To me that makes no sense.  Games are meant to be played.

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: Kaijuboy on 07/27/2012, 11:17 PMA collector to me is all those people that buy those "VGA rated" sealed games.  To me that makes no sense.  Games are meant to be played.
Here here! Go Kaijuboy!

I was with you until this. Your entire post was "How dare you judge me!" and you concluded with "Instead lets judge these people!" Why do we have to judge anyone? If people want to pay a premium for sealed games, let them. That is how they want to remember video game history. Who are we to say what is right and wrong for someone else?
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

Kaijuboy

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 07/28/2012, 12:40 AM
Quote from: Kaijuboy on 07/27/2012, 11:17 PMA collector to me is all those people that buy those "VGA rated" sealed games.  To me that makes no sense.  Games are meant to be played.
Here here! Go Kaijuboy!

I was with you until this. Your entire post was "How dare you judge me!" and you concluded with "Instead lets judge these people!" Why do we have to judge anyone? If people want to pay a premium for sealed games, let them. That is how they want to remember video game history. Who are we to say what is right and wrong for someone else?
Fair enough point, I just said it doesnt make sense to me, but they are welcome to buy what they want.  Some buy cars, some buy games, some buy women...  :lol:

Its all relative.  O:)

PikachuWarrior

some buy women??????????????????????? :D let's start the auction at 40 cents!
IMG

CrackTiger

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 07/28/2012, 12:40 AM
Quote from: Kaijuboy on 07/27/2012, 11:17 PMA collector to me is all those people that buy those "VGA rated" sealed games.  To me that makes no sense.  Games are meant to be played.
Here here! Go Kaijuboy!

How dare you judge Kaijuboy!

Why do we have to judge anyone?
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

tggodfrey

Hi, I am a recovering overspender.  My name is Terry
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

turboswimbz

NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

PunkCryborg

I had this funny conversation with a "collector" on the facebook Turbografx page which is full of fail

Evan Terrill Labit
1 credit cleared Cotton tonight
got to stage 3 of the second loop and died so fast.
Totally awesome game 10/10
1 credit cleared Cotton tonight :D
got to stage 3 of the second loop and died so fast.
Totally awesome game 10/10
Like ·  · Share · Stop Notifications · Yesterday at 01:48
Seen by 52
Dan Hutchins, Joshua Jaeger, John Moriconi and 8 others like this.

Evan Terrill Labit PCE clear #37
Yesterday at 01:49 · Like

Jesse Cid JD Gettin the 1CC badge for Cotton! Nicely done!
Yesterday at 01:50 · Like · 1

John Moriconi Nice! I 1cc the first half of level 1... lol
Yesterday at 08:28 via mobile · Like · 1

Ed Guitto Dore is that game good? I have a sealed copy, and you know I wont open that!
Yesterday at 08:30 · Like

Joshua Jaeger Why would you not open it?
Yesterday at 08:40 · Like · 3

Evan Terrill Labit Ed Guitto Dore its totally awesome, open it up!
Yesterday at 09:32 via mobile · Like · 2

John Moriconi Sealed? Sell it and use the $$$ to buy an already-opened copy that you can play, then spend the leftover cash on a nice Sony PVM. ( :
Yesterday at 10:25 · Like · 2

Jesse Cid JD ^ Yeah, what he said.
Yesterday at 10:27 · Like

Ed Guitto Dore open it up... are you crazy, it's mint sealed  I would sell/trade another game to buy a used Cotton, or just pay cash/paypal outright, no reason to get rid of it unless I desperately needed the cash, lol
18 hours ago · Like · 1

Ed Guitto Dore ... that would be like opening my new sealed Castlevania Symphony of the Night (which I paid $14 about 13 years ago, and is worth around $80 now) to play, when I could just buy a used copy to play, which is what I did
18 hours ago · Like · 1

Joshua Jaeger Open 'em up or sell 'em. The only thing crazy is keeping games sealed on a shelf. Play that shit or get off the pot.
18 hours ago · Like · 1

Ed Guitto Dore Joshua lol, unless you want them to go up in value, $14 to $80 in less than 15 years is better than gold or silver, but I rarely buy a game that I don't like/play and Cotton is very much the exception because I had never played it, nor do I have a used...See More
18 hours ago · Like

Joshua Jaeger Not trying to sound bossy.  honest. I just think of all the poor Turbo starved children in Ethiopia.....
18 hours ago · Like

Ed Guitto Dore lol, I am a bit of a collector, but I do play my used games, but would never ever open a new video game from pre 2000, not in my nature, keep that sucker sealed!
18 hours ago · Like

Ed Guitto Dore 95% or more of my new/sealed games have a used copy that I play
18 hours ago · Like

Evan Terrill Labit lol buying games for profit.
17 hours ago · Like

Evan Terrill Labit ive unsealed like 8 pce and turbo games
17 hours ago · Like · 1

Evan Terrill Labit feals good man
17 hours ago · Like

David Lee Perry I unseal every game I come across. I once unsealed a mint Terraforming. I would unseal a US Magical Chase.
17 hours ago · Like · 1

Ed Guitto Dore to each his own, losing money doesn't feel good to me nor does opening an old sealed game (owning not just for the money but the rarity and uniqueness of having a classic sealed game) for no reason when used copies are available seems like a waste, how...See More
17 hours ago · Like

Ed Guitto Dore oh and I'm just kinda teasing David, but I hope you never come across a new/sealed; Metroid, Super Metroid or Panzer Dragoon Saga, because those are on my wish list, and I would shed a tear hearing them being opened, especially PDS which goes for $600 or more new, but hey the used copies are only $250+ lol
17 hours ago · Like

Evan Terrill Labit i would open them all in a heartbeat
17 hours ago · Like · 1

Ed Guitto Dore that is very sad
17 hours ago · Like

Ed Guitto Dore Metroid new $300+, used $5 or less, makes sense, lol
17 hours ago · Like

Evan Terrill Labit lol collectors
17 hours ago · Like · 2

Evan Terrill Labit i dont care what my games are worth i buy them all to play and when i die ill give them to my kids to do whatever they want with them
17 hours ago · Like · 1

Ed Guitto Dore except I play also, plus I own a used copy for almost every new copy I own, Cotton might be one of the very very few exceptions, and I just don't buy complete versions, I buy from pawn shops, garage sales, and don't care if most of my games have a book...See More
17 hours ago · Like

NecroPhile

Collectards..... I'm kinda glad I'm not on facebook.

CrackTiger

"To each his own, losing money doesn't feel good to me"

So his entire sealed collection is strictly for flipping and it would make him cry if someone else opened a game to play it. Whuch is why, as a public service, he scours pawn shops, garage sales and flea markets to buy games for $5 and then sell them for hundreds, before any malicious game players beat him to them and another collectible is lost forever.

Hearing stories of unreleased game prototype horders must make him sexually excited

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

TheClash603

Arkhan Asylum

I skimmed that conversation and was too busy laughing to reply.   Bitches gone full tard.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

RoyVegas

Quote from: TheClash603 on 12/24/2013, 11:30 PMhttp://m.ign.com/articles/2013/12/24/man-sets-guinness-world-record-for-largest-game-collection

My hometown has a LA collector!

Too bad he probably never played it...
At least this guy has a few Turbo games in the photo.
All is well. :)

Tatsujin

Quote from: TheClash603 on 12/24/2013, 11:30 PMhttp://m.ign.com/articles/2013/12/24/man-sets-guinness-world-record-for-largest-game-collection

ROLF!!!!

QuoteRare units like the Japan-exclusive, female-oriented Casio Loopy
3 bucks i paid for a boxed one with two CIB games.

how can a dorker like him even get a world record, when there are much bigger and mire valuable (especially in terms of games gems) collections out there?
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Tatsujin

TheClash603

Quote from: Tatsujin on 12/25/2013, 01:41 AM

ROLF!!!!

QuoteRare units like the Japan-exclusive, female-oriented Casio Loopy
3 bucks i paid for a boxed one with two CIB games.

how can a dorker like him even get a world record, when there are much bigger and mire valuable (especially in terms of games gems) collections out there?
I was thinking the same thing.  The guy that recently sold all of his games to the Strong Museum of Play had to have more games than this guy pre-sale?

PukeSter

NecroPhile

Quote from: RoyVegas on 12/25/2013, 01:36 AMAt least this guy has a few Turbo games in the photo.
Lots of PC-FX too.

PunkCryborg

more from the collectard on the facebook turbo group

Yesterday at 02:44 · Unlike · 3

Andrew Darovich What is the point of having 5% of your collection be a bunch of sealed crap that is doing nothing.

If I make some game one day that is world famous and sought out by everyone and I come across someone who says they have a sealed copy, I am going to pu...See More
Yesterday at 03:11 · Like

Cyrill Koller a not opened cotton is the worst cotton.
12 hours ago via mobile · Unlike · 2

Ed Guitto Dore lol, some people invest in gold and silver, i invest in the occasional sealed game, just because a game is open doesnt mean it will be played, i am not collecting multiple copies or anything, would just luke to have something rare, and possibly make a ...See More
2 hours ago via mobile · Like

Ed Guitto Dore if anybody wants to buy my sealed Cotton for around what its worth, you could open it yourself

Cyrill Koller 50 cents?
2 hours ago · Like

Ed Guitto Dore um?.... no, lol

Cyrill Koller so haw much then?^^
2 hours ago · Like

CrackTiger

Quote from: Ed Guitto Doreexcept I play also, plus I own a used copy for almost every new copy I own
Quote from: Ed Guitto Dorei am not collecting multiple copies or anything

Psycho Punch

lol.

On a NES group that I participate on facebook, some guy posted his VGA graded sealed Castlevanias 1~3, saying that it was his "pride"... and next he posted photos of his multiple sealed, boxed consoles (NES & SNES) following with a post saying that there was a loose one coming from ebay so he could enjoy the console.

face_palm_homer.webp
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

PukeSter

Quote from: CrackTiger on 12/26/2013, 01:25 PM
Quote from: Ed Guitto Doreexcept I play also, plus I own a used copy for almost every new copy I own
Quote from: Ed Guitto Dorei am not collecting multiple copies or anything
Plot twist, an opened copy does not count as a copy. :)

YANDMAN

I  consistently pay high prices for any turbo games because they are soooooooooo thin on the ground in the u.k and europe, im equally confused by shipping costs from the states some people want like $20 per card others $6 when i question sellers they say the $20 is standard and there is no cheaper option im hoping to make it over for a few days next year and hopefully bolster my collection considerably.

esteban

Quote from: YANDMAN on 12/27/2013, 12:35 PMI  consistently pay high prices for any turbo games because they are soooooooooo thin on the ground in the u.k and europe, im equally confused by shipping costs from the states some people want like $20 per card others $6 when i question sellers they say the $20 is standard and there is no cheaper option im hoping to make it over for a few days next year and hopefully bolster my collection considerably.
It varies: some sellers are taking advantage of folks overseas, whilst others don't know the intricacies of selling abroad (these sellers might otherwise not bother with selling abroad, so they want to ensure that they won't lose money on the sale).

Once a seller becomes familiar with shipping methods and the peculiarities of a country...they sometimes adjust rated accordingly (experience builds confidence).

I have had mixed results sending stuff to UK/Europe...to be honest, it wasn't worthwhile for me. I as selling crap on eBay that I just wanted to get rid of, but I would have donated it as well. I just didn't want it in a landfill.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

YANDMAN

please donate any turbo goodies to me :) I have to purchase mainly pc engine variants of games but now my converter is getting a little beat up.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: YANDMAN on 12/27/2013, 12:35 PMI  consistently pay high prices for any turbo games because they are soooooooooo thin on the ground in the u.k and europe, im equally confused by shipping costs from the states some people want like $20 per card others $6 when i question sellers they say the $20 is standard and there is no cheaper option im hoping to make it over for a few days next year and hopefully bolster my collection considerably.
No joke, the small flat-rate box to any international address is 24.95$ now.  That flatrate box can hold three jewelcases safely.  That's it.

It costs 11-12$ to send a jewel case in a first-class parcel to Europe.   It's pretty retarded.   
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

technozombie

I'm planning on ordering some stuff from Rakuten/surugaya-a-too pretty soon. Particularly Street Fighter 2 and a second pad/multitap. Are there any other good/cheap games I should get? Preferably no Japanese needed to play.

YANDMAN

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 12/29/2013, 05:48 AM
No joke, the small flat-rate box to any international address is 24.95$ now.  That flatrate box can hold three jewelcases safely.  That's it.

It costs 11-12$ to send a jewel case in a first-class parcel to Europe.   It's pretty retarded.   
Man this sucks and yet i can order a stack of like 10-15 cards from japan and get them for $10 done. Damn this postage shizz dont these guys know they are fucking with my Turbo love!

xcrement5x

Quote from: technozombie on 12/30/2013, 10:09 PMI'm planning on ordering some stuff from Rakuten/surugaya-a-too pretty soon. Particularly Street Fighter 2 and a second pad/multitap. Are there any other good/cheap games I should get? Preferably no Japanese needed to play.
WONDERMOMO
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Xak

messin wit my Turbo u messin wit my emotions

alpraz rules
Im a real life Sadler, just take me to the nearest item shop.

I have aspergers, and am a recovering Tonicholic

technozombie

Quote from: guest on 01/02/2014, 05:13 PM
Quote from: technozombie on 12/30/2013, 10:09 PMI'm planning on ordering some stuff from Rakuten/surugaya-a-too pretty soon. Particularly Street Fighter 2 and a second pad/multitap. Are there any other good/cheap games I should get? Preferably no Japanese needed to play.
WONDERMOMO
I'm not sure what to think of this game...........
IMG

VestCunt

Topic Adjourned.

Psycho Punch

What's with someone to hoard that many turbo expresses? WTF
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

GohanX

Is it just me or did Surugaya-a-too completely disappear from Rakuten? I was going to order some PCE stuff from them, but all their cheap goodness seems to be gone.

whisper2053

Quote from: JKM on 01/08/2014, 11:47 AMIs it just me or did Surugaya-a-too completely disappear from Rakuten? I was going to order some PCE stuff from them, but all their cheap goodness seems to be gone.
I noticed it too...thought it was just a wonky search on my part or something. Uh oh?
IMG
My Retro Gaming Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/whisper2053

turboswimbz

Quote from: JKM on 01/08/2014, 11:47 AM
Is it just me or did Surugaya-a-too completely disappear from Rakuten? I was going to order some PCE stuff from them, but all their cheap goodness seems to be gone.
Other members have had this problem, They just changed their default search, make sure you change the shipping from country on the left side.  :) 
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

MotherGunner

$100 per TE seems to be even the forum price nowadays.  Sad really...
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)