@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Your Daily Dose of Gaming.

Started by Ninja Spirit, 07/15/2005, 01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

retroguy

I've been playing Fallout New Vegas and I am LOVING it! Seriously, this has to be one of the most awesome games I've ever played. I'll be sad to see it end. Fortunately, since there's so many different paths and sidequests, I can start a new game after I finish and do something different. And then there's the DLC, but I'll have to pick up the Ultimate Edition for that.
I am bad and that's good. I will never be good and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be than me.

munchiaz

Started playing The wonderful 101 on Sunday. The game is truly great. Probably the best game on the Wii U right now. Challenging, awesome game play. Awesome music, and awesome cut scenes. The game is the total package. Also i picked up doom 64 and played that for a bit last night. really awesome game

roflmao

Lately I've been playing way too much of The Infinite Black on my Android tablet.  It's a space-themed mmo, somewhat reminiscent to the old BBS door game Tradewars 2002.  It's free and ad-free. While you can spend real money to purchase in-game currency, I haven't felt the need to yet.  I'm roflmao on the blue server if anyone wants to check it out. :)

TR0N

Neo-Geo CMVS
Magician Lord
Prehistoric Isle 2

I did beat rondo of blood again on the wii/vc recently,good times indeed.Now i did get the invite for the dark souls II beta but i keep missing out to play it  ](*,)
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Ninja Spirit

"The Mysterious Murasame Castle"

This game is so intense....imagine Legend of Zelda, but constantly getting hammered by enemies and projectiles from all angles like a shmup on hard mode.
IMG

MrFlutterPie

I've been playing Ninja Warriors on the SNES.  I love it!  I should get the PCE version and see what's that like.

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 11/13/2013, 12:11 PMI've been playing Ninja Warriors on the SNES.  I love it!  I should get the PCE version and see what's that like.
No you shouldn't.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Xak

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 09/08/2013, 08:03 PMPlayed some Shadow Dancer earlier on the Genesis.  MAN that game is tough!  I can only get to level 3 before I game over.  I hate the one-hit KO's -.-
I used to kick this games butt as a kid. Beat it and all , it was an epic ending that said "To be continued"

Today I got in some good tough games in on NFL2k5 (last one they made) in franchise mode. Very tight close games. I only have two QBs due to salary cap issues, and my backup got injured and my starter is a running QB so I put him in danger of being injured all the time. Last season I ended up 14-2 , this new season Im 3-0 so far. Have yet to have a perfect season (I dont cheat or restart games). Im on Franchise season 2020. No real players remain in the NFL. Its my own little "fantasy league" . After 10 years, NFL2k14 will return!!! SEX
Im a real life Sadler, just take me to the nearest item shop.

I have aspergers, and am a recovering Tonicholic

PunkCryborg

Quote from: Ninja Spirit on 11/13/2013, 11:44 AM"The Mysterious Murasame Castle"

This game is so intense....imagine Legend of Zelda, but constantly getting hammered by enemies and projectiles from all angles like a shmup on hard mode.
IMG
Dude that game is so hardcore. It's almost too hard where it's not fun to play anymore

Psycho Punch

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 11/13/2013, 12:11 PMI've been playing Ninja Warriors on the SNES.  I love it!  I should get the PCE version and see what's that like.
You're going to be super dissapointed.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

TR0N

It's a poor port of the arcade original the better ones are for the mega-cd and amiga.
IMG

Ninja Spirit

PCE Ninja Warriors ain't all that bad, in fact it's fun when you play it properly. I know the controls feel weird, but you'll get past that when you learn when to block, when to flip, and study bosses patterns.

esteban

Quote from: Ninja Spirit on 11/14/2013, 07:55 AMPCE Ninja Warriors ain't all that bad, in fact it's fun when you play it properly. I know the controls feel weird, but you'll get past that when you learn when to block, when to flip, and study bosses patterns.
I hope you are not teasing, because I'm slowly trying to make it through this game.  :pcgs:

I played this in the arcade back in the day, but I never got too far on my pocket change.

I am doing the "no FAQ/no cheat/no videos" thing and trying to figure everything out.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

whisper2053

So...I finally figured out how to correctly set everything up so that my Duo can run through my PSX. I'm pretty happy with the result!

Bear in mind, my Duo is a non-modded model with standard composite out:

/j4p5.jpg

/735g.jpg

/6nvz.jpg

/u3i3.jpg

Can't beat Ninja Ryukendan for a test game, you just can't!
IMG
My Retro Gaming Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/whisper2053

MrFlutterPie

What advantages does running a duo through a PS1 offer?

I have never knew it could even be done or heard people doing it.

whisper2053

Erm...

Not a ps1. A PSX. PS1's don't have an xmb :)

As for advantages, aside from cleaning up the composite and making it look nicer on my lcd, there are all the benefits that the PSX naturally offers.
IMG

Psycho Punch

No, not PS1, PSX: the PS2 + DVR Japan exclusive... (there's nothing wrong in calling the PS1 PSX like some morons on the internet like to argue, though. The PS1 project was known as PS-X before international release). I'd imagine that you can record playthroughs with it.

This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

geise

Been super busy still, but I managed to get in some Violent Storm on the supergun.

TR0N

Neo-Geo CMVS
Fatal Fury Special
Nightmare in the Dark
IMG

whisper2053

IMG

munchiaz

Been playing resogun and killzone on ps4. Resogun is pretty amazing. I also started playing zelda LTTP on GBA. I nevet beat the game and i want to before moving on to Link between worlds

TR0N

SFC
Ys V Lost Kefin,Kingdom of Sand:Since it's fan translation came out i been playing it off my flashcart.Yeah i know it's consider the weakest one in the series still i wanted to give it a go.

Neo-Geo CMVS
Fatal Fury Special
IMG

roflmao

Final Fantasy IX.  20+ hours in and it's the closest Square's come to a SNES-era RPG in awhile.  And it's still fun!  I haven't played through it in ages.  I gotta get some obey on soon.  I'm feeling withdrawals.  :)  Thanks to Null for heading up my way to kick it old-school for a bit last weekend.  We made a good dent into Hellfire S and Sapphire. :D

blueraven

munchiaz

Finally beat Zelda LTTP for the first time ever. Game was pretty great. I wish i would have beaten it as a child. It probably would have been more special. Now i need to play Neutopia and see how Zelda stacks up

VenomMacbeth

Contra: The Alien Wars on the Gameboy.  God DAMN what an awesome game.  It easily surpasses every platformer I have on the GB, at least as far as action is concerned.  Were it not for the monochrome screen, this could easily pass for a 16-bit game IMO.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

roflmao

Skyrim on the PC - holy moly, I have a hard time pulling myself away from this one. I'm currently lvl 48 and have gone through (I think) most of the storyline, but I keep finding interesting things to do.  I've never played a game quite like this before.

Final Fantasy IX (PS1) - I haven't played though this in years (8 or 9) and it's been a blast playing through it again with my 5yr old.  He's been gripped to the story, which has kept me going, though he's not a big fan of the grinding.  Which I do a lot of. We're currently nearly 50 hrs into it and (I think) about to hit disc 4.

munchiaz

Just beat Ys III on the turbo. Pretty awesome game, but the voice acting was so bad in comparison to Ys I & II. I found it a bit easy as well.

TR0N

Quote from: munchiaz on 12/22/2013, 03:01 AMJust beat Ys III on the turbo. Pretty awesome game, but the voice acting was so bad in comparison to Ys I & II. I found it a bit easy as well.
Try Ys V i just finished it last week it's so easy it is ridiculous !!
IMG

PCEngineHell

Beat Night Striker and Keio Flying Squadron over the past few days. Played a bit of Toki and Final Fight also, and in between all that been doing some World of Tanks.

NightWolve

Quote from: guest on 12/22/2013, 02:42 AMFinal Fantasy IX (PS1) - I haven't played though this in years (8 or 9) and it's been a blast playing through it again with my 5yr old.  He's been gripped to the story, which has kept me going, though he's not a big fan of the grinding.  Which I do a lot of. We're currently nearly 50 hrs into it and (I think) about to hit disc 4.
FFIX is on my backlog actually... And because I was tempted after I bought my PS2 and FFX, I skipped forward and played that. Last PS1 FF game was FF8 and I logged about 100 hours on that, maxed everybody out to just crush it with ease. I know 8 is hated, but I didn't really have much of a problem with it. It's different, but it was a FF.

roflmao

Quote from: NightWolve on 01/08/2014, 11:26 PM
Quote from: guest on 12/22/2013, 02:42 AMFinal Fantasy IX (PS1) - I haven't played though this in years (8 or 9) and it's been a blast playing through it again with my 5yr old.  He's been gripped to the story, which has kept me going, though he's not a big fan of the grinding.  Which I do a lot of. We're currently nearly 50 hrs into it and (I think) about to hit disc 4.
FFIX is on my backlog actually... And because I was tempted after I bought my PS2 and FFX, I skipped forward and played that. Last PS1 FF game was FF8 and I logged about 100 hours on that, maxed everybody out to just crush it with ease. I know 8 is hated, but I didn't really have much of a problem with it. It's different, but it was a FF.
I played a fair amount of FFX as well (who wouldn't - it was FF and next gen graphics!) but I think FFIX has so much more soul to it.  About the same time I started playing FFIX again, I also started playing FFX, and that got dropped after <5 hrs.  I gave it a good chance, but it just didn't captivate me like IX did.  IX feels like a real throwback to the SNES days, with PSX graphics and the occasional cutscene.

munchiaz

Quote from: guest on 01/09/2014, 12:28 AM
Quote from: NightWolve on 01/08/2014, 11:26 PM
I played a fair amount of FFX as well (who wouldn't - it was FF and next gen graphics!) but I think FFIX has so much more soul to it.  About the same time I started playing FFIX again, I also started playing FFX, and that got dropped after <5 hrs.  I gave it a good chance, but it just didn't captivate me like IX did.  IX feels like a real throwback to the SNES days, with PSX graphics and the occasional cutscene.
I don't think a appreciated FFIX when i first played it. Mostly because i didn't play the classic ones at that time. But looking back on it, it is a real throwback to the classic SNES FF games. One of these days i will play through it again. As far as FFX goes, it is the last realy FF game i played, and i really liked it. So i'm looking forward to the HD remaster version on ps3

PukeSter

I've been replaying Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, one of my favorite games of all time.

Finished all 4 dungeons and most side quests, just need to get those done. The stop the moon!

Ridge Racer 64 is a super fun racer.

PC Engine Fun fact: There is a Galaga 88 ship in RR64, as well as the first level of the game.

http://www.nindb.net/game/ridge-racer-64.html

munchiaz

Been playing Zelda: Link between worlds, with what little time i have right now. I just beat the thief's hideout dungeon. Game is serious fun

wildfruit

Super Mario 3d world great pick up and play stuff

roflmao

I'm playing the Elder Scrolls Online Beta this weekend.  While it's a big improvement from the last beta I attended, it's still not nearly as captivating as Skyrim. :/ I do have another buddy in the beta so hopefully we'll link up and it'll be better co-op.  It looks amazing, but ... Skyrim is so epic! And doesn't require monthly fees.

TR0N

Wii U
New Super Mario Bros (U)

Got plans to pickup ultimate monster hunter 3 asap so for now,new smb will do.
IMG

munchiaz

Quote from: TR0N on 01/11/2014, 01:48 AMWii U
New Super Mario Bros (U)

I want to get back into playing UMH3. Its such a great game. Me and some of my friends plan to do bi weekly, or monthly lan parties for it

bartre

been playing demon's souls, nier, persona 4 arena, and Dragon's crown lately.
mainly because i bought a new TV.

oh, and they're a lot of fun...

Xak

Tomorrow I shall return to my 8th season in Franchise mode of nfl2k5. We are 7-2 and our 2nd year starting QB is having a bad year compared to last. Leads the league in TDs and INTs. oof !

IMG
Im a real life Sadler, just take me to the nearest item shop.

I have aspergers, and am a recovering Tonicholic

roflmao

Forza Motorsport III has had it's way with me lately.  I've had it awhile and I'll play it for a couple days/weeks and shelve it for a year or so.  This last stint has been pretty long.  Maybe it's because I now have a little one who enjoys watching me play as much as I enjoy playing it.  I can't believe they've come out with two sequels since this one.  This one looks, sounds, and plays amazing.

TR0N

Quote from: munchiaz on 01/13/2014, 02:01 PM
New Super Mario Bros (U)

I want to get back into playing UMH3. Its such a great game. Me and some of my friends plan to do bi weekly, or monthly lan parties for it
Nice the seller i just bought it from is shipping it soon.The last time id played monster hunter was for MH3Tri for the wii.Though at this point id probably forgot how to play the game.Other then i need to buy a pro controller asap.BTW what's you're nickname on the wii u ?
IMG

munchiaz

Quote from: TR0N on 01/14/2014, 07:50 AM
New Super Mario Bros (U)

Nice the seller i just bought it from is shipping it soon.The last time id played monster hunter was for MH3Tri for the wii.Though at this point id probably forgot how to play the game.Other then i need to buy a pro controller asap.BTW what's you're nickname on the wii u ?
My NNID:Munchi
Also you can use the gamepad for ultimate. Its actually really nice because the mic works on it. So when you are playing online its easy to communicate

TR0N

Quote from: munchiaz on 01/14/2014, 11:48 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 01/14/2014, 07:50 AM
New Super Mario Bros (U)

My NNID:Munchi
Also you can use the gamepad for ultimate. Its actually really nice because the mic works on it. So when you are playing online its easy to communicate
Got it i'll add ya asap then.I see it does support the classic controller so for now i'm using that.I did allot for Tri plus i am use to that controller.
IMG

munchiaz

Started playing dark souls again last night. Im still Stuck in the catacombs. Those damn skeleton dogs wreck my shit every time. I've also been playing alot of street fighter 4 arcade edition. Getting ready for a ranking battle season starting up at the beginning of February

TR0N

Quote from: munchiaz on 01/15/2014, 11:08 AMStarted playing dark souls again last night. Im still Stuck in the catacombs. Those damn skeleton dogs wreck my shit every time. I've also been playing alot of street fighter 4 arcade edition. Getting ready for a ranking battle season starting up at the beginning of February
Catacombs,kill the nercomancer asap for one bit of advice.I was thinking about playing dark souls again because dark souls II is due in march.
IMG

yoyo

Played a bit of Donkey Kong Country 2 and am gonna pick it up again later tonight, right now I'm playing the NES Legend of Zelda, on an emulator (I own practically all the games on cart) but this is a little special and different, I'm using one of RetroAchievements.org 's emulators and earning achievements for the game, on my way to level 5 of quest 1. I'd recommend you guys check it out. Unfortunately there's no other PCE games aside from R-Type, but hopefully with enough time and convincing that'll change.
The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long.
IMG

munchiaz

Quote from: TR0N on 01/16/2014, 02:12 AM
Quote from: munchiaz on 01/15/2014, 11:08 AMStarted playing dark souls again last night. Im still Stuck in the catacombs. Those damn skeleton dogs wreck my shit every time. I've also been playing alot of street fighter 4 arcade edition. Getting ready for a ranking battle season starting up at the beginning of February
Catacombs,kill the nercomancer asap for one bit of advice.I was thinking about playing dark souls again because dark souls II is due in march.
All the Necromancers are dead. I just run through the beginning part of the catacombs. I die once i get to the point where its completely dark. I have the light helmet so sight is not an issue. Its just those giant skeleton dogs man.

I want to beat the game a few times before dark souls II comes out. I can't wait got the collectors edition pre ordered

EvilEvoIX

Just started Wonder Boy 3 The Dragon's Trap, what a game!!  The Master System looks amazing in RGB BTW.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.