10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathius

I received Shadow of the Colossus back in Christmas of '05 and played the hell out of it. Last year I got the HD version but it was taken during the theft I experienced this year. This all reminds me that I need to get it again. I'll pick it up tomorrow.

TR0N

Quote from: Mathius on 12/30/2013, 09:46 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 12/30/2013, 01:28 AMThe only game for the month and it being a xmas gift from family.
/tmntiv_zps66e48223.png
I, too, am a proud owner of the Super Fami version of the Toitles. I never could track down the US version for a reasonable price.
The weird thing is the price is reversed now i see the sfc version going for more.Other difference being,the snes version has more continues while the sfc is less.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

NightWolve

Quote from: Mathius on 12/31/2013, 12:43 AMI received Shadow of the Colossus back in Christmas of '05 and played the hell out of it. Last year I got the HD version but it was taken during the theft I experienced this year. This all reminds me that I need to get it again. I'll pick it up tomorrow.
Ah, I didn't know they made a PS3 HD version. That must be pretty kickass!

[spoiler]
I was real mad when they had it so that your horse is killed off! I loved that horse DAMN YOU, and those bastards killed it off right as our adventure came to an end!!!!! That was low!! Heh-heh.
[/spoiler]

bob

Quote from: Mathius on 12/31/2013, 12:43 AMI received Shadow of the Colossus back in Christmas of '05 and played the hell out of it. Last year I got the HD version but it was taken during the theft I experienced this year. This all reminds me that I need to get it again. I'll pick it up tomorrow.
It can be found in most bargain bins now. I just saw it at wal-fart for 14.99.

whisper2053

Last grabs for 2013!

Got some more custom cases in, and a super minty brand new copy of Macross VFX :D

/kcgx.jpg

/v8ol.jpg
IMG
My Retro Gaming Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/whisper2053

NightWolve

Quote from: galam on 12/31/2013, 01:51 PMIt can be found in most bargain bins now. I just saw it at wal-fart for 14.99.
Thanks, I'll look out for it.

bob

whisper2053

First goodies of the new year!

/o1mb.jpg
IMG
My Retro Gaming Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/whisper2053

bob

Picked up Mario 3D world and wind waker HD for Wii U today
Also, duck tales for PS3
I found "Hey You Pikachu" for N64 at thrift for a couple bucks. Terrific condition loose cart.

BlueBMW

Quote from: galam on 01/03/2014, 05:15 PMPicked up Mario 3D world and wind waker HD for Wii U today
Excellent choices.  Super Mario 3D World is the first new game to really get me excited in a LONG time...
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 01/03/2014, 10:33 PM
Quote from: galam on 01/03/2014, 05:15 PMPicked up Mario 3D world and wind waker HD for Wii U today
Excellent choices.  Super Mario 3D World is the first new game to really get me excited in a LONG time...
Ashe bought it for me last week and I am being consumed by trying to find the secrets in every level.

jeffhlewis

BOOM BABY! Sony PVM-2950Q. Had to drive down to Chicago for this one. I've been waiting to get another PVM for years - this deal was too good to pass up. It's practically in mint condition.

IMG

PunkCryborg

Damn 29" with the speakers, sure that weighs like 200 pounds

BlueBMW

Considering the 20" version weighs in around 120lbs, that wouldnt surprise me a bit punk!  Congrats jeff!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

jeffhlewis

I was able to lift it solo onto the cabinet it's on but I had to use a hand truck to get it from the garage to the elevator in my apt...think it's about 150 lbs. or so.

Opethian

IMG

PukeSter

Bought:

Street Fighter Alpha Saturn
Sega Rally Championship Saturn
Ridge Racer 64
Saturn Controller

PCEngineHell

Treats from Sparky and other stuff too. :) If anyone is interested, the Alien versus Predator Gold Box for pc is new/sealed and is some special version of the gold box that includes the strategy guide. The normal Gold Box evidently did not include this. Would consider selling or trading it for Sega related stuff, as I already have another copy of the game.

/Picture515_zps992b2060.jpg
/Picture516_zpsb1c0bf5b.jpg
/Picture519_zps8bae453d.jpg

FiftyQuid

Kinder Eggs!  *Fifty heads off to call CSIS on Sparky and NSA on Prof P.  :P

Don't choke on the toy.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

Sparky

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 01/04/2014, 08:45 PMKinder Eggs!  *Fifty heads off to call CSIS on Sparky and NSA on Prof P.  :P

Don't choke on the toy.
Glad they arrived Prof :)....To get them across the border Canadians need to write " chickens have large talons " on the package and "Tony" will look after the rest  8)

MrFlutterPie

IMG

/FJsGkyC.jpg
/wAy8aRz.jpg

Just got it today.  Love it :)

jeffhlewis

Quote from: FiftyQuid on 01/04/2014, 08:45 PMKinder Eggs!  *Fifty heads off to call CSIS on Sparky and NSA on Prof P.  :P

Don't choke on the toy.
I will never forgive that company for creating the most disturbing, unholy television commercial I have ever seen.

xcrement5x

My quite belated Black Friday order from NIS America arrived yesterday:

IMG
2014-01-07 NISA by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Prinny Plush for my daughter
Free Flonne squad sticker
Free Witch and the Hundred Knight button pack

IMG
2014-01-07 NISA Poster by xcrement5x, on Flickr

Peer Pressure Art Print
http://store.nisamerica.com/Collectibles/neptunia-victory-peer-pressure-artprint

I also picked this up from NISA but it's weird, the copy they sent me is kind of jacked up.  It's got bend marks on it on the edges and face, there are some smudges and tape on the back of it.  I'm not sure if it's their last copy or what.  It's a shame since it's such a nice print too.  Hopefully customer service will fix this for me.

I also got Class of Heroes 2 Kickstarter Edition from DragonmasterDan in a trade!

Plus I was at Whole Foods the other day and saw this:
IMG
Bonk Breaker by xcrement5x, on Flickr
(my apologies for the crappy phone picture)

A Bonk Breaker Energy Bar!

It would be cooler if it was in the shape of meat on a bone.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

NecroPhile

Quote from: guest on 01/07/2014, 12:46 PMIMG
If Prinny was for your daughter, can we assume this print was for your wife?  You wouldn't want her to feel left out.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

PikachuWarrior

IMG

xcrement5x

I plead the 5th on the poster ;)   No word from NISA yet about a replacement but I know they're pretty swamped with orders now.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

NecroPhile

Thanks to le opa-opa, I now have a copy of Puyo Puyo CD Tsu.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Opethian

glad you like the tsu! took me some time to find one not rape priced and I found 2.
IMG

TR0N

Yes i finally bought one and that's it for a while to on consoles  8-[ Still setting it up was a pain with firmware updates and such.
/wiiU_zps31b8dd7b.png
IMG

TheClash603

Are there two retail games included in the box or is it digital copies?

TR0N

Quote from: TheClash603 on 01/10/2014, 08:15 AMAre there two retail games included in the box or is it digital copies?
You get both games on one discs.
IMG

Mathius

Quote from: TR0N on 01/10/2014, 06:10 AMYes i finally bought one and that's it for a while to on consoles  8-[ Still setting it up was a pain with firmware updates and such.
/wiiU_zps31b8dd7b.png
You're telling me! It took me hours and hours to set my Wii U up last month. Enjoy it though as it's a fine system.

Ninja Spirit

Opethian

the bomber king theme song is legendary!
IMG

wildfruit

Nando

munchiaz

Quote from: Nando on 01/10/2014, 11:48 AM
Quote from: Ninja Spirit on 01/10/2014, 10:26 AMIMG
what game is this?
Terranigma. Its a action RPG with a top down view, like Zelda. Its part of the gaia series of games, which include Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, and Terranigma

xcrement5x

Nice!  I just gave a Terranigma US translation repro to a buddy for Christmas.  He'd played the other two games but not this one so he was excited.

munchiaz

I still need to play Illusion and Terranigma. I have a repo for Terranigma. Damn i need more time for games

PCEngineHell

Terminator CIB. Still waiting for Sol-Feace to arrive in the mail.

/Picture549_zps0960eac1.jpg
/Picture550_zpscb322cc9.jpg

jeffhlewis

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 01/10/2014, 01:20 PMStill waiting for Sol-Feace to arrive in the mail.
Motoi Sakuraba absolutely killed it on the Sol Feace soundtrack; still one of my top 5 favorites of all time:

Sol-Feace Soundtrack - Stage 1 (Mega CD)

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 01/10/2014, 01:20 PMTerminator CIB. Still waiting for Sol-Feace to arrive in the mail.

Nice!

Easily one of the best Sega CD games ever.  I love it!

Congratz!

NightWolve

Quote from: Ninja Spirit on 01/10/2014, 10:26 AM/b529db68770311e39264128ba2e31fd7_8.jpg
That's a wonderful game, but wouldn't the officially translated UK version have been the better one to score ?

Quote from: guest on 01/10/2014, 12:50 PMNice!  I just gave a Terranigma US translation repro to a buddy for Christmas.  He'd played the other two games but not this one so he was excited.
Are there repros going around ?? The official UK carts are hard to find now ?

EvilEvoIX

I got these, mostly commons but the Doom 32X is brand new in the plastic.  Ghouls & Ghosts is amazingly good in terms of playability over the SNES.  I actually enjoy the NES version over the SNES version.  The Soccer Game is actually quite good but I mostly play Neo Geo Soccer.  KOTM2 is a giant piece of shit I just got it because I didn't have it.

IMG
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

Mathius

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 01/10/2014, 01:20 PMTerminator CIB. Still waiting for Sol-Feace to arrive in the mail.

Killer game with a rockin' soundtrack.

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 01/10/2014, 03:13 PM
Quote from: PCEngineHell on 01/10/2014, 01:20 PMStill waiting for Sol-Feace to arrive in the mail.
Motoi Sakuraba absolutely killed it on the Sol Feace soundtrack; still one of my top 5 favorites of all time:

Sol-Feace Soundtrack - Stage 1 (Mega CD)
I would love to score a copy of Sol-Feace on the X68k!

Sparky

Quote from: Mathius on 01/10/2014, 08:06 PMKiller game with a rockin' soundtrack.
Oh ya, one of my fav terminator games.
Congrats prof :)

TR0N

Quote from: Mathius on 01/10/2014, 09:22 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 01/10/2014, 06:10 AMYes i finally bought one and that's it for a while to on consoles  8-[ Still setting it up was a pain with firmware updates and such.
/wiiU_zps31b8dd7b.png
You're telling me! It took me hours and hours to set my Wii U up last month. Enjoy it though as it's a fine system.
Yup it was having to sync up it's controller,then the updates plus having to make a id so i could use youtube&netflik  ](*,) Though i still need to download the program so i can transfer my digital games from wii to wii u.
IMG

TheClash603

Quote from: TR0N on 01/10/2014, 08:37 AM
Quote from: TheClash603 on 01/10/2014, 08:15 AMAre there two retail games included in the box or is it digital copies?
That isn't something that exists at retail...  my two separate discs are jealous.

TR0N

Quote from: TheClash603 on 01/11/2014, 01:52 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 01/10/2014, 08:37 AM
That isn't something that exists at retail...  my two separate discs are jealous.
I guess,it was a good thing then that i didn't buy a wii u at launched and hold out.Any company can pulled that stunt off for a game that is just a pack in for said console.
IMG

bob

wow, I thought they would have been digital.
the damn Zelda pack was digital.