RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geise

What did that Zeroigar cost you?

bob

bob

last few days

/games/report1.jpg
/games/report2.jpg

PunkCryborg

Quote from: dingsbums on 01/31/2014, 11:13 AM@ PunkCryborg

Congrats - Xexex is an awesome game. Just make sure you have a TV / Screen that can handle the oddball sync rate. And watch out for any leakage on the Sound custom (in your picture in the upper left side of the PCB) since these damn customs tend to fail  :| :?.
Thanks Dingsbums yeah It's going in my New Astro City cab so shouldn't be a problem with the syncing.
Also very jealous here with all those minty spine card games :)

ToyMachine78

@Galam... What is Weather Report? A band?

bob

^^Yes, fantastic fusion jazz type.
If you ever look into them, I suggest the album "Mr. Gone".

ToyMachine78

Cool. Just might have to check them out :-)

dingsbums

Quote from: geise on 01/31/2014, 12:23 PMWhat did that Zeroigar cost you?
160 Euro  -  It was the cheapest I could find (complete at least).

2 things that are not so great  :P:

1. I don't have a PC-FX yet (but that shouldn't be a problem).
2. My Duo-R doesn't read CD's anymore  :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:.
    I replaced the laser, cleaned & greased the rails & gears, adjusted the pots,
    replaced all caps = but nothing  :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:.The weird thing is - some CD's work flawless,   
    some will read but stop at some point & others don't work at all = ??? =  :cry: :cry: :cry:

bob

/games/dracx.jpg[/img]

BoFIV was a late Christmas gift
Drac X wasn't

GohanX

My cheap eBay purchases are trickling in. Got a new Bonks Adventure to replace the one that died, and also received Deep Blue, Sidearms Special and Art of Fighting.

ToyMachine78

Quote from: JKM on 02/01/2014, 08:48 PMMy cheap eBay purchases are trickling in. Got a new Bonks Adventure to replace the one that died, and also received Deep Blue, Sidearms Special and Art of Fighting.
Sidearms Special is excellent! Deep Blue? Well I guess if you're going for  complete collection.  :roll:

GohanX

bob

Unearthed some magazines and games at a flea market today.
Mags were 50 cents each, ranging from 1993-96.

/games/players1.jpg[/img]

/games/players2.jpg[/img]

/games/players3.jpg[/img]

/games/players4.jpg[/img]

ToyMachine78

Nice score galam! I wish the flea markets around here had such. The Guardian Legend is a gem.

bob

thanks.
its always fun to actually "find stuff"

chany60126

Nice find galam! I am glad you were also able to find mags at a flea market. :D

ZachSpears

I bought this today... 

IMG

Slypty

Just joined and got excited about my first PC Engine GT.

At Auction a couple nights ago, I had my eyes on a PC Engine GT (Japanese) at a local Thrift.  So I went to the Auction, and about 20 minutes in to it, the Computers crashed, causing all of the Silent Bid amounts to be lost forever.  The PC Engine was already at $160, I was going to go to $200.  Comes with about 15 Games. 

Anyways when it got around to the PC Engine to be bid on, the Starting bid was $30!  Obviously I bid... and no one else did!  So I managed to haul a PC Engine GT and almost 20 games for just $30.. be jealous :twisted: 

So the PC Engine GT works, but it has a cracked cover screen.. not the screen itself, but the piece of plexy that covers the LCD.  Anyone know where to get a new one?  It also has no Sound, but very fixable.  I'm looking for a full cap replacement purchase so if anyone can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.  My first NEC PC Engine GT... since my GF is Japanese all games have been translated for me.  I can't get my pics to load..

bob

Quote from: chany60126 on 02/02/2014, 11:08 PMNice find galam! I am glad you were also able to find mags at a flea market. :D
but no jordan gamepro... :-"

Quote from: Slypty on 02/03/2014, 08:11 AMJust joined and got excited about my first PC Engine GT.

At Auction a couple nights ago, I had my eyes on a PC Engine GT (Japanese) at a local Thrift.  So I went to the Auction, and about 20 minutes in to it, the Computers crashed, causing all of the Silent Bid amounts to be lost forever.  The PC Engine was already at $160, I was going to go to $200.  Comes with about 15 Games. 

Anyways when it got around to the PC Engine to be bid on, the Starting bid was $30!  Obviously I bid... and no one else did!  So I managed to haul a PC Engine GT and almost 20 games for just $30.. be jealous :twisted: 

So the PC Engine GT works, but it has a cracked cover screen.. not the screen itself, but the piece of plexy that covers the LCD.  Anyone know where to get a new one?  It also has no Sound, but very fixable.  I'm looking for a full cap replacement purchase so if anyone can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.  My first NEC PC Engine GT... since my GF is Japanese all games have been translated for me.  I can't get my pics to load..
but what gamezzzzzzzz?

ToyMachine78

Quote from: Slypty on 02/03/2014, 08:11 AMJust joined and got excited about my first PC Engine GT.

Can you have her translate the pce Wizardry 5 screens and post them for me? Thanks lol :D

whisper2053

Lots of goodies today!

/8wx5.jpg /qkl3.jpg

Thanks to cdamm/Windy Gaming for the hookup on my new Player 2 stick!

/6g1y.jpg

Assorted guide & art books. The bottom two (Grandia & Black/Matrix) are REALLY nice.

/s7gx.jpg

And some new additions to my import gaming library. Good times lay ahead :D
IMG
My Retro Gaming Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/whisper2053

Slypty

Quote from: bob on 02/03/2014, 09:14 AMbut what gamezzzzzzzz?
Games included in the lot were pretty good, a few collectables and some not so goods:
- Hana to Hadaka
- Super Volleyball
- Hu Kunio Kun Dodgeball
- Wallaby
- Bomberman '94
- F1 Pilot
- Mr. Heli
- Formation Soccer
- Bravoman
- Robo-Kid
-Vigilante
- R-Type
- Power Eleven
- Golf
- Dragon Egg
- Power League Baseball
- Saigo No Nindo (Ninja Spirit)
- Power Drift
- Moto Roader
- City Hunter
- Tatsunoko Fighter
- Street Fighter 2
- Wataru
- Youka
- Duraemon (the blue cat with no ears)

Any recommendations on great games here?  Have only played a few.  Thanks

bob

Nando

Quote from: galam on 01/31/2014, 07:16 PMlast few days

/games/report1.jpg
/games/report2.jpg
Man, I remember when ECCO was the hot shit.  Was that game any good?

Slypty

Quote from: galam on 02/03/2014, 06:59 PMDo you play mr heli?
Not yet, I'm still tracking down the right capacitors to fix the sound, and looking to find a new protective screen cover, mine has a nasty crack in it.

Once she's in top form I'll spend some time enjoying all the games.

sirhcman

Quote from: Slypty on 02/03/2014, 05:41 PMGames included in the lot were pretty good, a few collectables and some not so goods:
- Hana to Hadaka
- Super Volleyball
- Hu Kunio Kun Dodgeball
- Wallaby
- Bomberman '94
- F1 Pilot
- Mr. Heli
- Formation Soccer
- Bravoman
- Robo-Kid
-Vigilante
- R-Type
- Power Eleven
- Golf
- Dragon Egg
- Power League Baseball
- Saigo No Nindo (Ninja Spirit)
- Power Drift
- Moto Roader
- City Hunter
- Tatsunoko Fighter
- Street Fighter 2
- Wataru
- Youka
- Duraemon (the blue cat with no ears)

Any recommendations on great games here?  Have only played a few.  Thanks
I am assuming "Hana to Hadaka" is actually Hana Taka Daka which is a good looking shooter, obviously Bomberman '94 is good as well. The Naxat dodgeball game is great and the SF II port is good.

I think the Power Drift port kinda sucks but its been awhile since I've played it.

munchiaz

Heres some recent stuff. I got the Silhouette Mirage, and Jade Cocoon while hanging out with forum user Dragonmaster Dan

IMG

Mathius

Albert Odyssey! Nice. I keep kicking myself for passing a copy up at MGC a few years back.

TR0N

Quote from: galam on 01/31/2014, 07:16 PMlast few days
/games/report1.jpg
/games/report2.jpg
What's you're wii u id,could team up in MH3U some time.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Slypty

[/quote]
I am assuming "Hana to Hadaka" is actually Hana Taka Daka which is a good looking shooter, obviously Bomberman '94 is good as well. The Naxat dodgeball game is great and the SF II port is good.

I think the Power Drift port kinda sucks but its been awhile since I've played it.[/quote]
  I gave Hana Taka Daka a whirl, and I can see now why it's worth close to $70, it's just amazing.  Think like:  A shooter where you play a flying rooster, in a Mega Man X2 type of scenery, constantly scrolling with different options of where to fly, wicked upgrades and constant enemies.  I don't understand how this thing made so long ago can process the graphics... boggling considering the Genesis or SNES would have a lot of lag with this type of game..

Not sure if this game made it to a North American version?  Def worth a look.

bob

Quote from: munchiaz on 02/04/2014, 11:05 PMHeres some recent stuff. I got the Silhouette Mirage, and Jade Cocoon while hanging out with forum user Dragonmaster Dan

IMG 
What is Silhouette Mirage??  I never knew that existed, now I can't live without it??   :-k

NecroPhile

Yesterday's mail brought me Galaxy Fraulein Yuna, Take the A III Train (use my mouse!), Cyber City Oedo 808, Patlabor, Princess Maker (with music CD), and an extra Lummy for raffling.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Nando

Quote from: galam on 02/05/2014, 08:56 AMWhat is Silhouette Mirage??  I never knew that existed, now I can't live without it??   :-k
Side scrolling Ikaruga.

GET IT!

IT'S A TON OF FUN!!!

munchiaz

Quote from: Nando on 02/05/2014, 11:31 AM
Quote from: galam on 02/05/2014, 08:56 AMWhat is Silhouette Mirage??  I never knew that existed, now I can't live without it??   :-k
Side scrolling Ikaruga.

GET IT!

IT'S A TON OF FUN!!!
The US version has a difficulty spike due to working designs. I haven't played the game, but this is what ive heard. Its also on the Saturn as an import.

bob

Quote from: TR0N on 02/05/2014, 01:56 AMWhat's you're wii u id,could team up in MH3U some time.
Haven't even fired it up yet. It was on clearance at target for 20 and it was the last copy.
My OCD kicked in and I couldn't pass it up.

whisper2053

IMG

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: munchiaz on 02/05/2014, 11:37 AMThe US version has a difficulty spike due to working designs. I haven't played the game, but this is what ive heard. Its also on the Saturn as an import.
Yep, this was due to an Electronics Boutique 7 day no questions asked return policy. They didn't want the game to be so easy it was easily beaten and then returned as a free rental.
--DragonmasterDan

Digi.k

Bunch of Hong Kong movies this Chinese new year
/image-7.jpg

NightWolve

"The Killer" with Chow Yun Fat = badass!

TR0N

Quote from: whisper2053 on 02/05/2014, 01:18 PM/w266.jpg

:D
Got two of those one for the famicon and for the pce. Id suggest taking them apart to grease you don't want a cracked ball after all  :wink:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Nando

Cracked balls don't sound fund. Grease them balls up!  :mrgreen:

whisper2053

Quote from: TR0N on 02/06/2014, 02:15 AM
Quote from: whisper2053 on 02/05/2014, 01:18 PM/w266.jpg

:D
Got two of those one for the famicon and for the pce. Id suggest taking them apart to grease you don't want a cracked ball after all  :wink:
Details! What exactly should I be greasing inside the case?
IMG

ApolloBoy

Picked this beauty up from cdamm on Neo-Geo.com a few days ago:
IMG

After getting it I recapped it, replaced the original power jack with one compatible with a model 1 Genesis/SMS PSU (and appropriately rewired it), and added an NESRGB board. Here's Rockman 4 in glorious RGB:
IMG
IMG
IMG

majors

Quote from: ApolloBoy on 02/07/2014, 01:00 AMHere's Rockman 4 in glorious RGB:
Those scan lines gave me a hard on.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

xcrement5x

I'm not going to post a picture, but I got a new bundle of poly bags to fit double-cd game cases the other day.  I love seeing those extra wide spine cards on my games just out in the open.

Oh yeah.....
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Nando

Mighty fine get Apollo. Nice work!

Opethian

IMG

Mathius

SuperDeadite

Manbow 2 is a Euro made homebrew.  It's decent for a homebrew, but a far cry from Konami's masterpiece original.

Contra is really derpy and weird as hell, but a lot of fun imo.  Just don't pay too much for it.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite