The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
Main Menu

Your Daily Dose of Gaming.

Started by Ninja Spirit, 07/15/2005, 01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

munchiaz

Dark Souls II mostly. About 40 hours in......gonna go play more now

HailingTheThings

Having trouble tearing myself away from BlazBlue ChronoPhantasma, it's so good. Also was playing Time And Eternity a little, its pretty mediocre. Need to finish the extra mode for CraterMaze... and then start a Turbo RPG soon. Hmm...
IMG

TR0N

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate,finally reached hunter rank 8 after i hunted this  :shock: :roll:
! Video not found
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

seieienbu

Played Street Fighter 4 with some friends yesterday evening.  The rest of my group are going to a tournament this weekend so apparently it's crunch time or some such for practicing.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

jtucci31

Quote from: TR0N on 04/02/2014, 04:46 AMMonster Hunter 3 Ultimate,finally reached hunter rank 8 after i hunted this  :shock: :roll:
! Video not found
Do you play the DS or Wii U version? I've been wanting to try that game out but I wonder which one I should get.

ToyMachine78

I'm currently working through Castlevania Mirror of Fate HD on the 360. Nice 2.5 D plat former. Castlevania was just not meant to be 3D.

munchiaz

started playing Mercenary kings on ps4 last night. Its free for ps+ members. Its like a mix between metal slug and metriodvania games. Has the same art style as the scott pilgrim game (Paul Robertson) Pretty fun so far

ToyMachine78

Oh yeah... those of you still on the 360, this months first Games with gold release is Hitman! Score!

bob

Quote from: seieienbu on 04/02/2014, 06:35 AMPlayed Street Fighter 4 with some friends yesterday evening.  The rest of my group are going to a tournament this weekend so apparently it's crunch time or some such for practicing.
You just reminded me that I left Street Fighter 4 in my car glove box after a session at a friends house yesterday.

roflmao

I've been playing Mass Effect 3 some lately.  I went into a Walmart the other day and they had it on clearance for $10! This is the XB360 version.  I enjoyed the first two, so for $10 it was a no-brainer.

TR0N

Quote from: guest on 04/02/2014, 11:02 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 04/02/2014, 04:46 AMMonster Hunter 3 Ultimate,finally reached hunter rank 8 after i hunted this  :shock: :roll:
! Video not found
Do you play the DS or Wii U version? I've been wanting to try that game out but I wonder which one I should get.
Wii U since that version has online play while the 3DS version is local only.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

jtucci31

Quote from: TR0N on 04/03/2014, 04:33 AM
Quote from: guest on 04/02/2014, 11:02 AM
! Video not found
Wii U since that version has online play while the 3DS version is local only.
Oh yeah that's right. The only reason why I was thinking about the DS version was for portability, but then I'd want a circle pad pro too

munchiaz

started playing some DDR yesterday. Im trying to lose some weight. what better way to do that than with a video game

wildfruit

Playing rondo of blood for the first time

NecroPhile

Drac X virgin!  I'm almost envious.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

wildfruit

Quote from: guest on 04/03/2014, 02:43 PMDrac X virgin!  I'm almost envious.  :mrgreen:
Its on wii virtual console does it still count as breaking in?

NecroPhile

Sure.  It's certainly better than not playing it.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esteban

Quote from: munchiaz on 04/03/2014, 01:09 PMstarted playing some DDR yesterday. Im trying to lose some weight. what better way to do that than with a video game
Hell yes. I still enjoy playing all the DDR games. I'm also trying to lose some weight. I know folks poopoo DDR and Just Dance and Jackie Chan's Power Mat (XaviX), but I have lots of fun with them (playing with family is nice, too).
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

munchiaz

Quote from: esteban on 04/03/2014, 04:21 PM
Quote from: munchiaz on 04/03/2014, 01:09 PMstarted playing some DDR yesterday. Im trying to lose some weight. what better way to do that than with a video game
Wii boxing is another great game that is good at working up a sweat. All these are great family and friend games

Hell yes. I still enjoy playing all the DDR games. I'm also trying to lose some weight. I know folks poopoo DDR and Just Dance and Jackie Chan's Power Mat (XaviX), but I have lots of fun with them (playing with family is nice, too).

roflmao

Man, I love playing DDR (in the privacy of my home)! I haven't gotten out the pads since we've moved to KC because our living room is on the 2nd floor and I'm sure I'd sound like an angry elephant playing it, but I plan on getting it out sometime to show off to the lil one of these days.

When I first got into it (PS1 days) I lost a lot of weight. I need to do that again. :)

munchiaz

My co-worker has some metal pads hes going to pass my way. Can't wait. Im sick of missing arrows due to this shitty foam pad i have

esteban

Quote from: munchiaz on 04/09/2014, 03:25 PMMy co-worker has some metal pads hes going to pass my way. Can't wait. Im sick of missing arrows due to this shitty foam pad i have
Wait—there are metal pads? I had no idea! Holy crepe.

munchiaz

Quote from: esteban on 04/09/2014, 04:30 PM
Quote from: munchiaz on 04/09/2014, 03:25 PMMy co-worker has some metal pads hes going to pass my way. Can't wait. Im sick of missing arrows due to this shitty foam pad i have
here are some

http://www.ddrgame.com/ddrmetalpad.html

Wait—there are metal pads? I had no idea! Holy crepe.

NightWolve

Quote from: esteban on 04/03/2014, 04:21 PMHell yes. I still enjoy playing all the DDR games. I'm also trying to lose some weight. I know folks poopoo DDR and Just Dance and Jackie Chan's Power Mat (XaviX), but I have lots of fun with them (playing with family is nice, too).
I was over at a friend's place a while back and the family kept pestering me to join them in their DDR... I kept being reluctant, but then I gave it a shot and really got into it. Played for hours with them. Suffice to say, DDR games are purty addicting when you have a family or friends to play them with.

Never heard of "Jackie Chan's Power Mat (XaviX)" BTW but I LOL'ed at the thought of what that might be! Heh-heh.

PukeSter

Been playing Half Life on Steam. I've been playing it for about a week, and am just about to jump into the portal to Xen. Such a brilliant game, and just as good as Portal 1 & 2. :)

roflmao

Quote from: guest on 04/20/2014, 05:35 PMBeen playing Half Life on Steam. I've been playing it for about a week, and am just about to jump into the portal to Xen. Such a brilliant game, and just as good as Portal 1 & 2. :)
Ha! I spent the afternoon re-playing Half Life on my wife's netbook (now with Linux!). I got so much into it, I installed Half Life: Source on my main computer and spent some time this evening playing it.  Sadly, I think I prefer the original version.

Also, my son and I have been playing a lot of Final Fantasy IV Advance via the Gamecube's GBA adapter. We made it to the Underworld today. 

It is so much fun playing this with a 5 yr old. :D He is sooo into the story.  It's awesome watching someone play through it for the first time.  This afternoon we were outside playing and basically re-enacted the story up to this point, as super heroes.  It was great.

Mzo

Quote from: guest on 04/20/2014, 05:35 PMBeen playing Half Life on Steam. I've been playing it for about a week, and am just about to jump into the portal to Xen. Such a brilliant game, and just as good as Portal 1 & 2. :)
haha, awesome timing.  Let us know if your opinion of the game changes after a few hours in Xen.
HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
My Backloggery

PukeSter

Quote from: Mzo on 04/21/2014, 01:22 PM
Quote from: PukeSter on 04/20/2014, 05:35 PMBeen playing Half Life on Steam. I've been playing it for about a week, and am just about to jump into the portal to Xen. Such a brilliant game, and just as good as Portal 1 & 2. :)
haha, awesome timing.  Let us know if your opinion of the game changes after a few hours in Xen.
Beat it this morning. Still cool game, but Xen is a little weaker in quality.

But Xen has what, 2 short stages and 2 boss levels? Not much.

The ending(s) is really weird, but now I gotta try Half Life 2 at some point.

Only Valve games I've played/beaten so far are Half Life, Portal 1 and Portal 2. Want to buy Left for Dead 2.

jtucci31

Quote from: guest on 04/21/2014, 03:04 PM
Quote from: Mzo on 04/21/2014, 01:22 PM
Beat it this morning. Still cool game, but Xen is a little weaker in quality.

But Xen has what, 2 short stages and 2 boss levels? Not much
I agree with ya. It was weaker and from what I remember sort of boring at times, for me. But I really love that first game.

I'm sure you'll still enjoy Half Life 2, but honestly I enjoyed the first one a little more.

roflmao

Quote from: guest on 04/21/2014, 03:04 PMOnly Valve games I've played/beaten so far are Half Life, Portal 1 and Portal 2. Want to buy Left for Dead 2.
Unless you've got a buddy or 3 to play L4D2 with, you'll probably lose interest in it quickly.  The genius of that game is the co-op.  I still love playing it, though, so if you ever pick it up, shoot me a PM. :D

I can't comment on HL2 because I've never finished it...

InfraMan

Half-Life was a great game, but it really did fall apart right at the finish line. Man, I hated Xen so much that it was years before I went back and played through the game again. Bleh.

I personally think HL2 is better than HL1 in pretty much every way. And I'm don't know how well it would hold up in the post-Bioshock era, but the gravity gun was an absolute revelation back when the game first came out. Killing stuff with other stuff never seemed to get old. :)

JoshTurboTrollX

Been on a musical kick lately and had the first stage's music in my head.  I wanted to see why this was the only 8-bit Batman game I hadn't played through to the end... After getting about 15 mins into it I realized it's because it's just not fun.  Boo Konami.. Boo...

Level one music starts @ 4:09
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

munchiaz

been playing Street fighter 4 AE, practicing up my Yang, getting ready for ultra

esteban

Quote from: NightWolve on 04/20/2014, 02:06 PM
Quote from: esteban on 04/03/2014, 04:21 PMHell yes. I still enjoy playing all the DDR games. I'm also trying to lose some weight. I know folks poopoo DDR and Just Dance and Jackie Chan's Power Mat (XaviX), but I have lots of fun with them (playing with family is nice, too).
I was over at a friend's place a while back and the family kept pestering me to join them in their DDR... I kept being reluctant, but then I gave it a shot and really got into it. Played for hours with them. Suffice to say, DDR games are purty addicting when you have a family or friends to play them with.

Never heard of "Jackie Chan's Power Mat (XaviX)" BTW but I LOL'ed at the thought of what that might be! Heh-heh.
I have a XaviX and 2 games. Jackie Chan is the best game ever made.

Needless to say, XaviX flopped.

PCEngineHell

NightWolve

Quote from: guest on 04/21/2014, 03:04 PMWant to buy Left for Dead 2.
Wait, that was the game Steam let you download for free during Christmas. I dunno, you're not missing much... So I let the thing download across 2 days since I'm on DSL, it's 8 GBs or something, and gave it a shot, but quickly lost interest and uninstalled it... The End. Maybe I"m a picky bastard, or whatever, but yeah...

PCEngineHell

Double Dragon II for Mega Drive.

IMG

IMG

IMG

esteban

I predict another Genesis game from TheProf very soon...  :pcgs:

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 04/26/2014, 08:12 PMAfter Burner 32X.

IMG
I got an extra Sega CD Model 2 Extension Bar if you need it.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

VenomMacbeth

I've been playing Gunstar Heroes on the Game Gear in Kega Fusion, and holy crap I'm impressed.  It's full of flicker and slowdown, but it's still extraordinarily playable & very impressive given the hardware.  I may have to get a physical copy, but spending $50 for a game I'll never play because the console it was released for has such a shitty screen...just seems a bit silly.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

MrFlutterPie

I've been playing the new 3DS Kirby that came out today.  Loving it!

roflmao

I spent some time playing SMS Choplifter today.  Man, I've gotten rusty!

munchiaz

beat the first world in Kirby triple Deluxe. I've never really played to many Kirby games. But its platforming style reminds me of many older platformers on the turbo. I need to play more Kirby games

esteban

Quote from: guest on 05/02/2014, 11:38 PMI spent some time playing SMS Choplifter today.  Man, I've gotten rusty!
Play Cobra Command (NES) and you'll find SMS Choplifter less intimidating  :pcgs:

PCEngineHell

Quote from: esteban on 05/02/2014, 07:03 AMI predict another Genesis game from TheProf very soon...  :pcgs: 
Maybe next weekend. This weekend was dedicated to doing the bios mod for the Sega Cd and getting some Sega CD and Mega CD gameplay in. Made it to the 6th stage on Thunder Storm FX, bout half way through on AX 101, played a few stages of Final Fight Mega CD, and same for Golden Axe on the Sega CD Classics disc.

esteban

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 05/03/2014, 05:48 PM
Quote from: esteban on 05/02/2014, 07:03 AMI predict another Genesis game from TheProf very soon...  :pcgs: 
Maybe next weekend. This weekend was dedicated to doing the bios mod for the Sega Cd and getting some Sega CD and Mega CD gameplay in. Made it to the 6th stage on Thunder Storm FX, bout half way through on AX 101, played a few stages of Final Fight Mega CD, and same for Golden Axe on the Sega CD Classics disc.
I never played Thunderstorm FX, so now I have to research it  :pcgs:

I just read your post on modding Model 1/2 Genesis, I love your work ethic (no bodging!).

PCEngineHell

Quote from: esteban on 05/03/2014, 08:07 PM

I just read your post on modding Model 1/2 Genesis, I love your work ethic (no bodging!). 
If you ever played Cobra Command for Sega Cd then you played it. Same game and all. Not as fun as Road Avenger, but still not bad at all.

esteban

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 05/03/2014, 08:12 PM
Quote from: esteban on 05/03/2014, 08:07 PM

If you ever played Cobra Command for Sega Cd then you played it. Same game and all. Not as fun as Road Avenger, but still not bad at all.
Well, Road Avenger holds a special place in my heart  :pcgs:.

But, yes, I played the heck out of Cobra Command on SegaCD.

Still, I'm surprised I haven't run across Thunderstorm FX at any point.

PCEngineHell

Ended up spending a few hours on Shining Force II today. Made it to where after wrecking your ship and building New Granseal and meeting that bird thing. Guess I will play some more of it later this week if I get time.

pulstar

Today (as it is a bank holiday in the UK) I'll be playing a little Neutopia and a little Dead Moon...Maybe a little of Bravely Default (I've been slacking a little on it recently).
My favourite pigeon had a fatal run-in with a cloud...