Does anyone have a Gate of Thunder 3 in 1 demo disc?

Started by jelloslug, 06/17/2014, 03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jelloslug

I have never actually seen one of them but I know it exists.

tggodfrey

thibault had one for sale last year i think it was.  search the fore sale section and you will see a picture.  Looks just like any other CDR to me.
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

NecroPhile

I believe CrackTiger has one, and I'm reasonably certain they're pressed discs not burns.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

HailingTheThings

Quote from: NecroPhile on 06/17/2014, 04:14 PMI believe CrackTiger has one, and I'm reasonably certain they're pressed discs not burns.
If not all, then some at least are real, I remember seeing one on some youtube video or something.
IMG

esteban

I have one. Do you want a photo? I bet someone here will be able to take a pic before I can (I'm commuting home). Anyway,...

It is pressed disc (duh! Official pack-in) and silk-screened with TurboDUO logo and everything.  :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

TheClash603

The demo disc is the one with the different intro.  I believe the CD image is widely available for download, if you are into that type of thing.

esteban

synbiosfan

EDIT Nulltard pointed out I don't, I don't, I don't :oops:

/WP_20140617_003.jpg
/WP_20140617_002.jpg

tggodfrey

I wasnt saying it was a burned CD....I said it looks like one meaning no formal label ect.
Games currently in play:

esteban

Quote from: tggodfrey on 06/17/2014, 07:42 PMI wasnt saying it was a burned CD....I said it looks like one meaning no formal label ect.
I knew what you meant. But the other goofball? He didn't.

Tatsujin

I remember seeing a demo disc at trader honkan about 3 years ago for 100 bucks around. the disc was all silber on top and had a green imprint on it (font). the green was kinda jade-green.

also do not know whether it was a Japanese or US disc. IIRC it was only written in English letters.

never saw another one so far.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Sparky

Quote from: Nulltard on 06/17/2014, 09:11 PMNo points awarded for the mental image I now hold of you being a hobbit; short enough that you can stand in front of a CD case, snap a photo of it, and have it fill the frame.
Hahaha.. Wow.. Easy on Frodo :P

toktogul

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/17/2014, 08:52 PMI remember seeing a demo disc at trader honkan about 3 years ago for 100 bucks around. the disc was all silber on top and had a green imprint on it (font). the green was kinda jade-green.

also do not know whether it was a Japanese or US disc. IIRC it was only written in English letters.

it wasn't the japanese for sure because we do not have a 3-1 disc. you have to buy the games indiidually. moreover, there is no cd version of bonk 1-2-3 in Japan.

synbiosfan

Quote from: Nulltard on 06/17/2014, 09:11 PM
Quote from: synbiosfan on 06/17/2014, 07:21 PMI do, I do, I do
You lose points for that not being the kiosk demo disc.

You gain points for wearing socks.

No points awarded for the mental image I now hold of you being a hobbit; short enough that you can stand in front of a CD case, snap a photo of it, and have it fill the frame.
I'm far scarier than a hobbit....

IMG

synbiosfan

Quote from: Nulltard on 06/17/2014, 09:52 PMDammit man, it doesn't help that you bear a passing resemblance to Peter Dinklage!
IMG dinklage.jpg
Next time you think you saw someone lurking about...

IMG

Tatsujin

Quote from: toktogul on 06/17/2014, 09:18 PM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/17/2014, 08:52 PMI remember seeing a demo disc at trader honkan about 3 years ago for 100 bucks around. the disc was all silber on top and had a green imprint on it (font). the green was kinda jade-green.

it wasn't the japanese for sure because we do not have a 3-1 disc. you have to buy the games indiidually. moreover, there is no cd version of bonk 1-2-3 in Japan.
what do you mean with "we"? and I am certainly aware of the fact that there is NO commercial release of such a disc in japan as the US had it, hence it obviously was/must have been a "hibaihin" disc. maybe it existed even before the US got its commercial release.

but as I said, I can't remember all the details of that disc, other than it was completely different to the US commercial version, but still it was a pressed/printed version an no cheap CD-R with edding doodles on it.
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

toktogul

You stated you didnt know if it was a japanese version or not, i simply answered that it was never released.

As for the we, i've been living here in a small town, speaking and living my japanese life for too long, i tend to include myself as a japanese citizen when i speak english. english isnt my main language, and in French i would have you "on" instead of the "nous". they both mean "we", but "on" is less inclusive as "nous". once again, sorry if you took it personal, i simply wanted to share with you the information regarding what i knew about the 3-1 cd in Japan.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: synbiosfan on 06/17/2014, 07:21 PMEDIT Nulltard pointed out I don't, I don't, I don't :oops:

/WP_20140617_003.jpg
/WP_20140617_002.jpg
Not to be the dumb blonde that I typically am but didn't all the US Gates of Thunder games look like this?

I mean that's what mine does as this is the game I got when I bought my turbo duo ......sure mine is missing the bonks revenge book and the gat of thunder booklet looks like some sweaty fat kid had it under his arm put in the 90s but let's not talk about what happened in the 90s .....

synbiosfan

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 06/17/2014, 11:45 PMNot to be the dumb blonde that I typically am but didn't all the US Gates of Thunder games look like this?
And here I thought my faux pas couldn't get worse!

CrackTiger

Obviously Japan didn't receive a demo disc talking about the "TurboDuo" (not that it was released anywhere "commercially"), but there is more than one PCE demo disc using the multi-game "Me Bonk" scaling demo. Those discs make the name of the main character in PC Genjin games officially "Bonk".
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

jelloslug

Quote from: CrackTiger on 06/18/2014, 12:07 PMObviously Japan didn't receive a demo disc talking about the "TurboDuo" (not that it was released anywhere "commercially"), but there is more than one PCE demo disc using the multi-game "Me Bonk" scaling demo. Those discs make the name of the main character in PC Genjin games officially "Bonk".
The 3 in 1 Demo disk has Zonk rather than Bonk.

tggodfrey

Games currently in play:

Tatsujin

Quote from: toktogul on 06/17/2014, 10:53 PMYou stated you didnt know if it was a japanese version or not, i simply answered that it was never released.

As for the we, i've been living here in a small town, speaking and living my japanese life for too long, i tend to include myself as a japanese citizen when i speak english. english isnt my main language, and in French i would have you "on" instead of the "nous". they both mean "we", but "on" is less inclusive as "nous". once again, sorry if you took it personal, i simply wanted to share with you the information regarding what i knew about the 3-1 cd in Japan.
hehe. I see and sure no harm done ;)

As for myself, english is not my mothertongue, but german (swissgerman) is. I do also remember a little bit of french. can read most of the stuff, but as for speaking/conversations I'm mostly lost these days.

what I meant to say is, that I am aware that there was never an official release of the 3(4)in1 disc here in japan, but that it might have been used as a demo disc bitd in japan as well for some promotion purposes etc. that's the point where I was not sure whether it was a disc made for japan or for somewhere else. I didn't see this disc neither anywhere else before.

:)

syphic

Quote from: tggodfrey on 06/18/2014, 03:51 PMHere is Thibaults FS ad with a 3 in 1 demo disc
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?msg=213538
Wow he had 2? Awesome never seen pics of these. Thanks for reposting.
Awesome trades and deals with:
Fiftyquid, thesteve, keithcourage, mothergunner, Bernie, turboswimbz, Bardoly, BlueBMW, Galam, Elderboroom, dicer

VestCunt

All of you noobs need to stop surfing ebay and do your homework exploring the homepage of these very forums. Turbo gaming is more than blowing money and owning games your friends haven't heard of, it's also about sleuthing, reading dusty EGM's, digging through listserv archives, and acquiring forbidden, arcane lore. Not everything made the transition to youtube.

Our own Aaron has one of these demo discs and featured it on PCENGINEFX TV. Full video documentation, history, disc ring numbers, and gameplay videos of the GoT demo have been available on this site since 2003. I'm not going to say which episode because there's only seven of them and they should be required viewing for any johnny-come-lately ebaying his way through the U.S. set. Get to it:

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/main/tv.html

EDIT: why does Aaron pronounce the console "Turbo Dual"? Drives me crazy.
Topic Adjourned.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: VestCunt on 06/19/2014, 03:56 AMOur very own Aaron has one of these demo discs and featured it on PCENGINEFX TV.
I've watched these a while back, good stuff. Anyone who hasn't seen them, do yourself a favor and check 'em out. :3
IMG

bob

Quote from: VestCunt on 06/19/2014, 03:56 AM... johnny-come-lately ebaying his way through the U.S. set.
Single best statement this forum has seen in a long time. Well done, sir.

CrackTiger

Quote from: jelloslug on 06/18/2014, 01:19 PM
Quote from: CrackTiger on 06/18/2014, 12:07 PMObviously Japan didn't receive a demo disc talking about the "TurboDuo" (not that it was released anywhere "commercially"), but there is more than one PCE demo disc using the multi-game "Me Bonk" scaling demo. Those discs make the name of the main character in PC Genjin games officially "Bonk".
I know, that's why I referenced "TurboDuo". But the six+ variants of that demo are built off the same engine.

The 3-in-1 Zonk demo was never commercially available and isn't part of any proper collector's "complete list". The PCE variants were sold with magazine books.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

VestCunt

Quote from: galam on 06/19/2014, 09:30 AM
Quote from: VestCunt on 06/19/2014, 03:56 AM... johnny-come-lately ebaying his way through the U.S. set.
Single best statement this forum has seen in a long time. Well done, sir.
Necro was the first to start slinging "johnny-come-lately" around here.
Topic Adjourned.

esteban

We should write up a short "noob guide" and sticky it. It can consist of Vestcoat's post here, but speaking in general terms.

Then, when noobs invariably fail to read it, we post a link.

Bardoly

Quote from: CrackTiger on 06/19/2014, 12:03 PM
Quote from: jelloslug on 06/18/2014, 01:19 PM
I know, that's why I referenced "TurboDuo". But the six+ variants of that demo are built off the same engine.

The 3-in-1 Zonk demo was never commercially available and isn't part of any proper collector's "complete list". The PCE variants were sold with magazine books.
So which demo disk is the one listed on PCE Daisakusen!?  Was it commercially available?

Otaking

Quote from: Bardoly on 06/19/2014, 05:09 PMSo which demo disk is the one listed on PCE Daisakusen!?  Was it commercially available?
There is no Gate of thunder demo disc on PCE Daisakusen, do you mean the Lords of Thunder demo disc? that is on there
http://www.pcedaisakusen.net/2/28/760/2/Lords-Of-Thunder-Demo-Disc-us.htm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

CrackTiger

That pecdai listing for the Lords demo disc helps explain how the Adols got their Clear ranking so high. :P

Quote from: esteban on 06/19/2014, 04:31 PMWe should write up a short "noob guide" and sticky it. It can consist of Vestcoat's post here, but speaking in general terms.

Vestcoat wrote one up years ago and reposts it every once in a while.

It should be updated to address the new levels of n00b "collectardness", like "Don't post your introduction in the Turbo Sales section" or "Don't spam posts to raise your post count high enough to sneak into raffles with posts declaring how you're just trying to get your post count high enough to enter raffles".

VestCunt

Quote from: CrackTiger on 06/19/2014, 05:23 PMVestcoat wrote one up years ago and reposts it every once in a while.
I did? I do?
Topic Adjourned.

esteban

Quote from: CrackTiger on 06/19/2014, 05:23 PMThat pecdai listing for the Lords demo disc helps explain how the Adols got their Clear ranking so high. :P

Quote from: esteban on 06/19/2014, 04:31 PMWe should write up a short "noob guide" and sticky it. It can consist of Vestcoat's post here, but speaking in general terms.

Vestcoat wrote one up years ago and reposts it every once in a while.

It should be updated to address the new levels of n00b "collectardness", like "Don't post your introduction in the Turbo Sales section" or "Don't spam posts to raise your post count high enough to sneak into raffles with posts declaring how you're just trying to get your post count high enough to enter raffles".
Quote from: VestCunt on 06/20/2014, 02:47 AM
Quote from: CrackTiger on 06/19/2014, 05:23 PMVestcoat wrote one up years ago and reposts it every once in a while.
I did? I do?
I will gladly add some artwork/photos and make an  html (page) version to link to (in addition to a sticky.

CrackTiger

Quote from: VestCunt on 06/20/2014, 02:47 AM
I did? I do?
Yeah, I guess it was longer ago than I thought, but other people referenced it more than you.