RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

FS/FO: Fully Modded Genesis 1 (VA6) and Modded Genesis 3 (VA2)

Started by lastcallhall, 05/10/2014, 05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastcallhall

Up for sale are two items, both modded Genesis systems. First up is a Fully modded Genesis Model 1, which has the following mods:
-Component video out
-S-video out
-Composite video out
-Stereo audio out
-JP/US Region switch & widened cart slot
-10MHz overclock
-Halt switch
-Red LED replacement (it's much brighter now).

System comes with 1 set of AV wires, 1 ProPad6 controller, and a CIB copy of Super Street Fighter II. Unfortunately, I do not have a spare AC adapter to include, but this shouldn't be hard to find, if you don't already have one. Oh, one thing: for the component mod, i cranked up the resistance on the sync in line to eliminate the vertical bars that are present in the model 1 systems as best I could, but as a result, it sometimes takes the Genesis a couple seconds to sync up properly. Video of that is included.

Price shipped: SOLD!

Next up is a modded Model 3 Genesis. The mods done to this system are:

-S-video out
-Virtua Racing compatibility fix
-Game Genie fix
-RGB outputs restored.
-Red power LED added to front of system.

System comes with 1 set of AV wires, 1 s-video cable 1 6 button controller (the one that was originally included with the system), and AC adapter.

Price shipped: $75.00 OBO.

Pics:

IMG

IMG

IMG

Don't like the prices? Shoot me an offer, worst is that I'll say no! :) International buyers are also welcome to buy, but will have to pay the appropriate shipping. Any questions/requests/offers, please let me know! Thanks!

synbiosfan

I bought a modded Genny off lch and have nothing but praise for his work!

I would wish you good luck but you don't need it 8)

lastcallhall

Thanks! Monday morning bump! Someone give this little model 3 a good home!

lastcallhall

lastcallhall

Bump! Added back RGB functionalty to the Genesis 3!

HailingTheThings

Quote from: lastcallhall on 06/25/2014, 11:39 AMBump! Added back RGB functionalty to the Genesis 3!
Just curious, does this mean that you enhanced the RGB signal or just gave it the not so great default RGB option that the model 2 has?

Also, you ever work on a JVC X'Eye before?
IMG

lastcallhall

roflmao

My spoon is too big! I sure wish I could pick this up right now, but it's just not in the books.  I hope someone here takes it off your hands soon. :)

esteban

Quote from: guest on 07/05/2014, 12:42 AMMy spoon is too big! I sure wish I could pick this up right now, but it's just not in the books.  I hope someone here takes it off your hands soon. :)
Spoon.

Interesting.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

VenomMacbeth

I am a banana!

I don't have a model 3, so I'd be happy to have it, but I'm stuck in downtown broke city during rush hour. :/
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

saturndual32

Just to give myself an idea, how much was the modded model 1?

lastcallhall

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 06/28/2014, 10:47 PM
Quote from: lastcallhall on 06/25/2014, 11:39 AMBump! Added back RGB functionalty to the Genesis 3!
Just curious, does this mean that you enhanced the RGB signal or just gave it the not so great default RGB option that the model 2 has?

Also, you ever work on a JVC X'Eye before?
It returns the RGB signals generated from the CXA1645 back into the AV out. From what I remember, it's not bad, it's the CXA1145 on the model 1 that has a bad RGB output.

Quote from: guest on 07/05/2014, 12:42 AMMy spoon is too big! I sure wish I could pick this up right now, but it's just not in the books.  I hope someone here takes it off your hands soon. :)
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 07/05/2014, 01:54 PMI am a banana!

I don't have a model 3, so I'd be happy to have it, but I'm stuck in downtown broke city during rush hour. :/
You guys kill me. :) This has been my avatar for I don't know how many years. Rejected is one of my favorite online toons! :)

Venom, let me know if you're interested!

Quote from: saturndual32 on 07/06/2014, 09:33 PMJust to give myself an idea, how much was the modded model 1?
90 shipped in the US.

saturndual32

lastcallhall

I'm sorry I don't. I'm building a Neptune system right now, so I hope to have that available with either s-video or component.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: lastcallhall on 07/15/2014, 10:51 AMI'm sorry I don't. I'm building a Neptune system right now, so I hope to have that available with either s-video or component.
How much would you charge for a component modded Neptune?
IMG

lastcallhall