@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Your Daily Dose of Gaming.

Started by Ninja Spirit, 07/15/2005, 01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PukeSter

I've been playing Rayman Origins on Steam. Not as good as Legends, but still pretty awesome.

Do want to also get Ys Chronicles, Strider 2014, AC IV Black Flag and Crysis.

munchiaz

Been playing Kirby triple deluxe. Really fun game

PCEngineHell

Space Harrier 32X beaten. Wanted to catch the "The End" screen or whatever, but didn't make it to the webcam in time. sigh.

IMG

IMG

PCEngineHell

Sengoku for Mega Cd beaten.

IMG

Also, look at the lovey message I spotted during the credits:

IMG

PCEngineHell

Turbo Outrun for Mega Drive beaten. High score in pic. Couldn't grab webcam in time to snap the end, but basically after you reach the last stop cheerleaders come out and fireworks go off, etc, then you enter in your high score after it shows a pic.

IMG

esteban

Prof, some of your pics are broken on my phone. I'll check on my laptop later.

Sengoku and second Space Harrier pics.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

PCEngineHell

Quote from: esteban on 05/08/2014, 05:49 PMProf, some of your pics are broken on my phone.
Buy new phone.

esteban

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 05/08/2014, 05:53 PM
Quote from: esteban on 05/08/2014, 05:49 PMProf, some of your pics are broken on my phone.
Buy new phone.
I wish. I gotta squeeze as much life as I can out of my current phone, sadly.

I'll check out the pics on my ancient laptop.  :pcgs:

VenomMacbeth

Prof, I've not previously heard of Sengoku.  Is it worth tracking down?
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

esteban

UPDATE: clicking on broken image icon actually allowed me to see image! Ha!

PCEngineHell

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 05/08/2014, 07:09 PMProf, I've not previously heard of Sengoku.  Is it worth tracking down?
You can save the time and just play it on the NeoGeo via rom/emu or whatever. It is the same game.

bartre

It's been all about JoJo's Bizarre Adventure All Star Battle lately for me.
imperfect, yes.
fun, considering how big of a fan i am? fuck yes.

jtucci31

Quote from: pulstar on 05/05/2014, 04:47 AMToday (as it is a bank holiday in the UK) I'll be playing a little Neutopia and a little Dead Moon...Maybe a little of Bravely Default (I've been slacking a little on it recently).
That's how I've been with that game. I played the demo for BD and liked the battle system but the demo kind of sucked in my opinion. Then got the game, enjoyed the hell out of the first two hours and then never went back to it. Sometimes that just happens and i feel bad. Maybe I'll get around to it this summer

...I probably won't though

Ninja16608

Quote from: guest on 05/08/2014, 11:41 PM
Quote from: pulstar on 05/05/2014, 04:47 AMToday (as it is a bank holiday in the UK) I'll be playing a little Neutopia and a little Dead Moon...Maybe a little of Bravely Default (I've been slacking a little on it recently).
That's how I've been with that game. I played the demo for BD and liked the battle system but the demo kind of sucked in my opinion. Then got the game, enjoyed the hell out of the first two hours and then never went back to it. Sometimes that just happens and i feel bad. Maybe I'll get around to it this summer

I thought that game was going to be great. All the tv ads I saw looked awesome. Talking with the local game store guys, I learned they got a ton back in a few days. Needless to say I didn't try it for myself and don't generally go by what other people say, so I still may give it a shot. Anyone have any pros to toss in to make a choice easier?

jtucci31

Quote from: Ninja16608 on 05/09/2014, 12:19 AM
Quote from: guest on 05/08/2014, 11:41 PM

I thought that game was going to be great. All the tv ads I saw looked awesome. Talking with the local game store guys, I learned they got a ton back in a few days. Needless to say I didn't try it for myself and don't generally go by what other people say, so I still may give it a shot. Anyone have any pros to toss in to make a choice easier?
Well i just don't think i had that connection i get to certain games with BD.

Pros that i would say are the many options you can use for the battle system. Brave and Default being the biggest ones but you can also turn the encounter frequency higher or lower which is pretty cool.  The music is pretty great and i personally really like the art style of the game in general. The towns look nice and so do the job outfits for each character.

The demo is a little confusing if you start with that but i would still try it if you're interested at all.

roflmao

I played golf today.  Using Peeps instead of golf balls.  It was a work function and we had beer.  It was a good day.

Digi.k

just got wonderful 101... game is ... insane..and that's a good thing !!

munchiaz

Quote from: Digi.k on 05/15/2014, 06:00 PMjust got wonderful 101... game is ... insane..and that's a good thing !!
Love that game so much. Its a non stop joy ride the whole way through

PukeSter

Red Steel 2 (so good)
Gears of War 3 (best in series)
Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper (my first Musou game, pretty fun stuff)

Played Splatterhouse and Tonma yesterday

Bought lots of cheap games lately, will start those eventually:

Rygar (Wii)
Okami (Wii)
MadWorld (Wii)
Vanquish (360)

HailingTheThings

IMG

I forgot I had this. Not as bad as I remembered. Yeh.
IMG

Psycho Punch

I love how a troma movie got remade as a kid's game.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

MrFulci

Quote from: guest on 07/11/2014, 11:11 PMI love how a troma movie got remade as a kid's game.
That game was more based off of the animated series, "The Toxic Crusaders". It aired Saturday mornings, and had an action figure line, video games (Gameboy, also, from what I recall), etc.
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

HailingTheThings

Quote from: MrFulci on 07/12/2014, 12:18 AM
Quote from: guest on 07/11/2014, 11:11 PMI love how a troma movie got remade as a kid's game.
That game was more based off of the animated series, "The Toxic Crusaders". It aired Saturday mornings, and had an action figure line, video games (Gameboy, also, from what I recall), etc.
Yes, this is true. I bought a Toxie movie box set that included the animated series. Its really bad, but I enjoy it cuz Toxie.
IMG

TR0N

Wii U
Mario Kart 8
Shovel Knight  =D>
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

pulstar

Today I've finally fixed my Alien Vs Predator CPS2 board. So I've been playing that. Really nice and never got a home conversion. Just waiting on my Cowboys of Moo Mesa PCB to turn up so I can have a blast on that. Nothing Obey related (I know, I know)
My favourite pigeon had a fatal run-in with a cloud...

munchiaz

started playing attack on Friday monsters, A Tokyo tale on my way back home from Vegas yesterday. So far i really like the way the game is presented.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: pulstar on 07/15/2014, 03:23 PMJust waiting on my Cowboys of Moo Mesa PCB to turn up so I can have a blast on that.
Yes.
IMG

ToyMachine78

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 07/10/2014, 12:35 AMIMG

Oh dear god... The horror! Taketh it from thine sight!

HailingTheThings

Quote from: guest on 07/15/2014, 07:37 PM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 07/10/2014, 12:35 AMIMG

Oh dear god... The horror! Taketh it from thine sight!
Nnnnnnooo!!

*rubs it in your face*
IMG

roflmao

After the KS Turbofest I haven't done much gaming.  (Sooo much obey)

Well, other than 7 Little Words on my phone.... 

...while I'm sitting on the crapper.

:)

BTW, I rock 7 Little Words, though you'd never know it from how I write here. ;)

HailingTheThings

Played Lomax on PSone for a little bit. Pretty.
IMG

munchiaz

played the Destiny Beta this weekend. Feels like Halo, plays well. The MMO elements are neat. Still not sure if i will buy it

PukeSter

Beat Half Life 2 (PC). wow, what an amazing sequel and a crazy ending.

Also beat Space Manbow (MSX, using default unlimited continues...), and Magical Tree (MSX, I finally beat it! :) )

Ratix

been going down to the arcade by me and have been playing alot of the old shooters and capcom beat em up games. right now since i'm active on aurcade i managed to claim the record for Cadillacs and dinosaurs and came real close to claiming terra cresta. probably going to go down there today and try again.
IMG

Miracle_Warrior

I played through Zillion last night on the Sega Master System.  Still one of my most favorite games of all time, and top 5 for sure on the console for me.

munchiaz

Played some Legendary Axe last night. Man those jumps you have to make on the ropes (vines) are a pain in the ass. They seem to get out of sync with eachother all the time.

esteban

Quote from: munchiaz on 07/24/2014, 02:12 PMPlayed some Legendary Axe last night. Man those jumps you have to make on the ropes (vines) are a pain in the ass. They seem to get out of sync with eachother all the time.
This stumped me when I first got the game, too...you just will get the rhythm down and never have to worry about it.

Jump, jump, jump! Don't stay on them too long or you'll get seasick.  :pcgs:

Quote from: Miracle_Warrior on 07/24/2014, 02:08 PMI played through Zillion last night on the Sega Master System.  Still one of my most favorite games of all time, and top 5 for sure on the console for me.
Great game. I agree, one of the best for SMS.

munchiaz

Quote from: esteban on 07/24/2014, 02:43 PM
Quote from: munchiaz on 07/24/2014, 02:12 PMPlayed some Legendary Axe last night. Man those jumps you have to make on the ropes (vines) are a pain in the ass. They seem to get out of sync with eachother all the time.
This stumped me when I first got the game, too...you just will get the rhythm down and never have to worry about it.

Jump, jump, jump! Don't stay on them too long or you'll get seasick.  :pcgs:

Quote from: Miracle_Warrior on 07/24/2014, 02:08 PMI played through Zillion last night on the Sega Master System.  Still one of my most favorite games of all time, and top 5 for sure on the console for me.
Great game. I agree, one of the best for SMS.
Haha, yeah i got it down a bit. wasted to many lives though, made it to stage 3B then ended missing a jump on those white block and fell in a watery grave. I'll try again this weekend

KGD

Bought a copy of Wonderboy in Monster Land for SMS recently, gave it a go last night.

Apart from my hands that got sore because of the il-designed controller, I enjoyed it quite a bit. First Wonderboy game played since the 80s, and it did bring back memories.

I picked up a TG16 this week along with a copy of Neutopia 2, only game the store had. I've been doing a dungeon / day so far, making it last. I find the game to be excellent; graphically it's quite polished, the story is not bad at all. It's not Zelda:LTTP, but then again no game is.

munchiaz

played some TMNT: tournament fighters. I got a new controller today for the SNES for fighting games. It works really well. I wish they would make a HD remake of this game, and it would get a new competitive scene

BeefJerky

Started playing another round of Dishonored again. Way too short, but it's a lot of fun, still gotta pick up the GOTY edition for the DLC (I don't have internet at home).

TR0N

PS3
Dark Souls II

Bought DSII,right after it's release but i still was playing monster hunter on the wii u at the time.Now that ive had my fill of mario kart 8,id figure DSII finally.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

munchiaz

I beat I'm kid dracula last night. Really fun platformer with some tricky jumps. I also beat wrestlemania the arcade game tonight with Razor Ramon.

PukeSter

Playing Titanfall and Shovel Knight. Titanfall is ridiculously fun, and Shovel Knight is a well-done homage unlike most Indie games.

VestCunt

D&D was canceled. Games played tonight were: Atlantean, Cadash, Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance II, RC Pro Am II, Super Off Road, TMNT Arcade Game (XBOX emulator), Megaman Soccer (XBOX emulator), some random shit, N64 Destruction Derby & San Francisco Rush.

IMG
Topic Adjourned.

PukeSter

Being playing Ape Escape 1. I played the 2nd game all the time as a kid, but never bothered to beat, or even buy the other games.

Also been playing Destiny. Gunplay and art design are great, but story, Crucible and the servers themselves suck.

munchiaz

Quote from: guest on 09/24/2014, 04:30 AMD&D was canceled. Games played tonight were: Atlantean, Cadash, Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance II, RC Pro Am II, Super Off Road, TMNT Arcade Game (XBOX emulator), Megaman Soccer (XBOX emulator), some random shit, N64 Destruction Derby & San Francisco Rush.

IMG
The aftermath looks like it was a good night.

I've been playing some vanguard bandits on my psp. Also, been playing the smash bros 3ds demo

cr8zykuban0

been playing chameleon twist 1 and 2 on the n64, also real bout special, ragnagard, and shock troopers 2nd squad on mvs.

i'll be getting a duo r hopefully tomorrow or Friday so i'll be playing a LOT of pc engine goodness this weekend!

PukeSter

Finished Destiny. Pretty boring, so I went back to Titanfall. So much more fun :D

Also playing Super Mario RPG right now.

Digi.k

forza motorsports 5 and free game crimson dragon

I'm still trying to work out the nuances of the gameplay.  love that music so reminiscent of the older games on sega saturn.  early morning playthrough which some the console recorded it since I guess it thought I was a good player or something.... :o

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=ff3eb0489a4cfc07&id=FF3EB0489A4CFC07!321