RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

The mess on your desk...

Started by Sparky, 09/10/2014, 10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sparky

Ya let's see your desk where your computer or what not is, where you type it up on Le forum or spend time.

I bet its a mess at times.. Let's see those pictures :) here is mine.. The upper level on my desk...grave yard of USB sticks, bad spine label stickers, my commodore monitors and my old school but still pounding JVC mini stereo and oh ya random toys and other bits :)

IMG

BigusSchmuck

Uhh you really don't want to see mine at work unless you are into random pc parts, crashed drives, and a little cat bobble head. :) I'll post it if I got time tomorrow.

cr8zykuban0

mine is messy rarely since I do my best to keep it clean but I do like that little gremlin riding in that fresh sports car.

bob

man, I was just having this conversation the other day.
so when I was out of work back in 2002-2004 I started a PC repair business that did house calls.
looking back, I soooo wish I took pictures of peoples workspaces.  remember, back then, it was a big deal to have a digital camera and a camera on a cell phone was virtually unheard of.  Anyway, I worked in some hell holes of personal offices. 
I would say the best was this massive house of a guy that owns parking garages in Boston, he lived it up in the suburbs and just collected rent.  his home office was beautiful and he always paid on time.
The worst was the lesbian dog breeders.  And NOT the good lesbians...
The funniest is me in the background of some girls prom pictures.  They called me in for something, and all the girls friends were meeting up at that house for the prom.  Pictures everywhere and little old me hunched over the Compaq behind the group.

Medic_wheat

Mine isn't interesting. As I have it connected to the livingroom tv. All I do with it is download or stream stuff and have a wireless keyboard and mouse. Very low key.

Everything else is tablet or smart phone access which is mostly amazon YouTube forums or eBay.

Sparky

PunkCryborg

This was my desk about a month ago
IMG

Medic_wheat

I am digging that 60s looking desk.

Sparky

PunkCryborg

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 09/12/2014, 12:23 AMI am digging that 60s looking desk. 
Thanks, it's former City of Tampa office furnature. I like in a 1920s house and almost all my furniture is old

Arkhan Asylum

it's basically like this

DildovichDesktop.webp
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=606539599418414

Except the 1084 has been replaced by a Toshiba TV thing and MSX.

and, there is semen everywhere.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Medic_wheat

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 09/12/2014, 12:34 AM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 09/12/2014, 12:23 AMI am digging that 60s looking desk. 
Thanks, it's former City of Tampa office furnature. I like in a 1920s house and almost all my furniture is old
Your desk reminded me of one my father had from when he first started his buisness. Long gone.

That lead me to resesrch it.

Desk type "Tanket"

Production: 1920-1960

"Mid century industrial"

They have book shelfs in a similar style also called tanker

They all look amazing in their brushed metal form.

MrFulci

You guys have filthy desks!

Sparky has a lot of toys on his, Punkic has electronics, Arkhan... I'm not sure what to say about his.

Mine is below.

IMG
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

esteban

IMG
5 points for identifying all the TG-16/PCE stuff in picture:
(A) Keith Courage retail box (+1 point Fulci)
(B) __________ Super CD  (+0.5 point Sadler, ...)
(C)
(D)
(E)

Before you get excited, some fun facts:
(1) 10+ year old laptop (G4) still chugging along.
(2) NEC  AccuSync LCD7v monitor was widely panned for its crappy display. TRUTH: it is crappy, but it was free 8 years ago.
(3) iPad2 won in a contest at work
(4) The only pair of headphones from the $5 Store that ever sounded nice. They are supposed to look like Beats, I guess. Sadly, my kids pulled the cord and it's tricky to get both ears working without static.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

MrFulci

Esteban, other than stuff on the monitors, I do see the Keith Courage box!
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

esteban

Quote from: MrFulci on 09/13/2014, 04:18 PMEsteban, other than stuff on the monitors, I do see the Keith Courage box!
+1 point.  :pcgs:

There is one more item NOT on the monitors, but I think it will be impossible to get.
Most things are on the displays.
The external harddrive behind the lamp is not PCE-related.

MrFulci

I'll save the rest for other people, that site with the purple looks familiar...

Anyway, TG-16's Turbo Play Archives appears to be on a monitor.

Sadler

Pretty sure that's a Super CD in your laptop, but even after auto-leveling and zooming way in I'm not sure which one.

MrFulci

The CD... Is it Mysterious Song? Exile WP? For some reason, those 2 seem like good answers.

Also, what's the thing to the left of the Keith Courage box? It's red, white, and blue stars. A garter? Tiara?

esteban

Quote from: Sadler on 09/13/2014, 04:50 PMPretty sure that's a Super CD in your laptop, but even after auto-leveling and zooming way in I'm not sure which one.
+ 0.5 points for identifying media correctly. It is a SuperCD game.  :pcgs:

Hint below.

Quote from: MrFulci on 09/13/2014, 04:54 PMThe CD... Is it Mysterious Song? Exile WP? For some reason, those 2 seem like good answers.

Also, what's the thing to the left of the Keith Courage box? It's red, white, and blue stars. A garter? Tiara?
HINT: You are on the right track with Mysterious Song.

Those things are magnets--peg and star-shaped magnets. It's a framed, velvet magnet board, so I can quickly hang stuff up, easily remove it.

Sadler

esteban

Quote from: Sadler on 09/13/2014, 05:21 PM...Riot Zone...?
It is a North American SCD game. See hint in prior post.

Joe Redifer

Mine is pure chaos. I have to have so many cables and things because of all the games I record.

joeredifer .com/crap/desk14.jpg

At least it's not a mess that includes food stuffs or other nasty things (other than the drink cup which is only ever filled with water). The little white cup is for holding screws and other small items. The Game Genie was used so I could play JP Batman on my Genesis model 2 to capture footage for the episode I'll be releasing just after midnight. Sunsoft carts won't fit into my Genesis 2 even though it has a region mod. Couldn't find the JP ROM to use on the Everdrive so I just used the real thing. The monitor on the right is for gameplay while the monitor on the left is for the computer. I can have the right screen display computer stuff as well but I simply cannot stand the mutli-screen computer experience since I don't like "seams" and dead space between the monitors. I'd just rather have a bigger monitor.

Azzurri

Medic_wheat

Nice duo you got there. What is that yellow thing?

esteban

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 09/14/2014, 12:06 PMNice duo you got there. What is that yellow thing?
That's a BananaMouse.

Azzurri

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 09/14/2014, 12:06 PMNice duo you got there. What is that yellow thing?
It's actually white, lol.  In the picture it looks yellow for some reason.

Logitec G600 MMO mouse.

esteban

"Please update me, I'm sad and lonely"

HailingTheThings

Quote from: esteban on 10/28/2014, 01:53 AM"Please update me, I'm sad and lonely"
Can't I just regular date you instead?
IMG

esteban

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 10/28/2014, 05:21 AM
Quote from: esteban on 10/28/2014, 01:53 AM"Please update me, I'm sad and lonely"
If folks really aren't going to take photos of their messy/disheveled desks...then, yes.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: esteban on 10/28/2014, 04:14 PM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 10/28/2014, 05:21 AM
If folks really aren't going to take photos of their messy/disheveled desks...then, yes.
Ooh, baby :3
IMG