10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NecroPhile

Nice score, xcrement5x.  You know which one interests me most: Lummy!
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Medic_wheat

Insainly good pick up. Must have come from one big collection. Man. I dont think you overpaid. 

That lumi is the only one I have.  Bought it at a hastings of all places for a dollar.

Opethian

IMG
time for my obligatory lummy pic
IMG

PunkCryborg

I got a package from Japan full of awesome stuff!
IMG

Medic_wheat

ToyMachine78

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 10/08/2014, 01:57 PMI got a package from Japan full of awesome stuff!
IMG
We wanna see the awesome stuff, not the box! :D

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 10/08/2014, 02:21 PM
Quote from: PunkCryborg on 10/08/2014, 01:57 PMI got a package from Japan full of awesome stuff!
IMG
We wanna see the awesome stuff, not the box! :D
Speak for yourself. That box has got me all worked up right now.  Where's my hand cream.

cr8zykuban0

oooh anything from japan must be good! cant wait to see what you have.

PunkCryborg

esteban

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 10/08/2014, 03:25 PMIMG
Pyramid Patrol (x10) is not what I would call exciting.

Also, send me that PAC.

I'll pay shipping.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

PunkCryborg

Ok here's the rest :D
IMG
IMG
IMG
Pac installed
IMG

xcrement5x

I dunno, looks like a bit of taint on that box ;)

Congrats man, hope you enjoy everything fully.  Play for a bit then get that recap done ASAP.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

esteban

Goddamn! I am so envious of all the LaserActive goodness. Damn.  :pcgs:

Medic_wheat

Quote from: esteban on 10/08/2014, 05:50 PMGoddamn! I am so envious of all the LaserActive goodness. Damn.  :pcgs:
Me to

Mathius

cr8zykuban0

holy crap. very nice laseractive unit

Medic_wheat

ToyMachine78

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 10/08/2014, 07:23 PM
Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 10/08/2014, 07:19 PMholy crap. very nice laseractive unit
I like his unit to
Dude time to put the hand cream away.

Medic_wheat

PunkCryborg

I got lucky on getting the LA locally, the rest of the stuff was a bit of a splurge but I got it all for pretty affordable prices from a Japanese website :D Wasn't even expecting the pac to be boxed

esteban

cr8zykuban0

oooooh sealed military madness. very cool Nulltard

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: guest on 10/09/2014, 10:24 PMWTF is that shit to the right of the sealed madness boxie? WTF is up wit dat?
them duo hu card doors!

PunkCryborg

Stool for my candy cabs
IMG
Cool Konami shooter PCB
IMG

esteban

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 10/10/2014, 02:55 AMStool for my candy cabs
IMG
Cool Konami shooter PCB
IMG
Damn. So damn envious.

Was there ever a port for a home console? I never saw one.

PunkCryborg

Quote from: esteban on 10/10/2014, 06:45 AMDamn. So damn envious.

Was there ever a port for a home console? I never saw one.
Nope! It's an decent game but kind of mediocre for Konami. Japanese version is Trigon. It has some cool scaling effects though and borrows some sounds and stuff from other Konami shooters from the same era.

NecroPhile

With that name, shouldn't you should be piloting a P-38?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

xcrement5x

So nice.  One of these days I may join the candy cab club.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

esadajr

Gaming since 1985

jordan_hillman

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 10/10/2014, 02:55 AMStool for my candy cabs
IMG
Cool Konami shooter PCB
IMG
One day (and that day is likely still far off) I will own cabinets as well.

Although if I ever come across a three-player Double Dragon III cabinet, I will go to the ends of the earth to get it!
"Live the code, the code of the Dragon!"

DeshDildo

Quote from: guest on 10/09/2014, 10:24 PMWTF is that shit to the right of the sealed madness boxie? WTF is up wit dat?
3D prints of parts!
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

SuperDeadite

Can you swap that Lighning Fighters over to a proper Trigon?  Trigon's appeal is the Trigon weapon pod, which was totally removed from the USA version, making it a rather generic go up and shoot game.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

PunkCryborg

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 10/10/2014, 06:22 PMCan you swap that Lighning Fighters over to a proper Trigon?  Trigon's appeal is the Trigon weapon pod, which was totally removed from the USA version, making it a rather generic go up and shoot game.
From what Ive read ts just a rom swap to switch to Trigon which I'll probably do. I like shooters with checkpoints especially for playing at home

cr8zykuban0

I buy dis! just tryin to box up my cic games! 28 down, 39 to go! and on to get the rest of the turbo library!......except magical chase that is lol
the power golf came with the taking it to the hoop. thanks to ebay bucks, paid $12 out of pocket

IMG

Mathius

I am not aware of that game. Is it 68000 based?

esteban

Quote from: Mathius on 10/11/2014, 09:40 AMI am not aware of that game. Is it 68000 based?
I never heard of J.J. Squawkers, either.

Mishran

Just had this show up in the mail.

/IMG_2014101125640_zpse327b9d9.jpg

Broke down and bought one of these as well.

/IMG_2014101146724_zpsa051d73c.jpg

SuperPlay

Quote from: esteban on 10/11/2014, 11:21 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 10/11/2014, 09:40 AMI am not aware of that game. Is it 68000 based?
I never heard of J.J. Squawkers, either.
http://www.arcade-history.com/?n=j.j.-squawkers&page=detail&id=1208&o=2

J.J. Squawkers (c) 1993 Athena / Able.

Nice colored platform game with fun characters who throw cool weapons!

- TECHNICAL -

Main CPU : 68000 (@ 16 Mhz)
Sound Chips : X1-010 (@ 16 Mhz)
Control : 8-way joystick
Buttons : 2

- TRIVIA -

Released in December 1993.

A Hack of this game is known as "Simpson Junior".

bartre

/20141011_112702_zpsmj979zon.jpg

scoop'd.
got a heck of a deal on this from a guy on NG.com

bob

flea market find on a shelf buried in with some VHS tapes

/games/merc.jpg

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: bartre on 10/11/2014, 01:02 PM/20141011_112702_zpsmj979zon.jpg

scoop'd.
got a heck of a deal on this from a guy on NG.com
damn, hella sick cab! thats a blast city right? looks great!!!!

BlueBMW

Quote from: Mishran on 10/11/2014, 12:19 PMJust had this show up in the mail.

Get Super Mario 3D World Asap!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Mishran

Quote from: BlueBMW on 10/11/2014, 03:37 PM
Quote from: Mishran on 10/11/2014, 12:19 PMJust had this show up in the mail.

Get Super Mario 3D World Asap!
I actually mainly got it for the new Smash Bros and Hyrule Warriors. Though Mario 3D is on the maybe list.

TheClash603

Did you get Smash 3DS yet?  I am going to pick it up today and I am pretty pumped to give it a try.  The demo had a lot of promise.

BlueBMW

Take Mario 3d off the maybe list and put it on the MUST HAVE list ;)

Honestly its the first new game I've played in a long time that was so fun it made me laugh and giggle like a little kid again.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

jordan_hillman

Quote from: BlueBMW on 10/11/2014, 05:00 PMTake Mario 3d off the maybe list and put it on the MUST HAVE list ;)

Honestly its the first new game I've played in a long time that was so fun it made me laugh and giggle like a little kid again.
I haven't had the chance to play Super Mario World 3D but everyone I know who has are saying it's the best Mario game in easily 20 years.

Must play.....
"Live the code, the code of the Dragon!"

DeshDildo

Picked up some more Genesis gems today.  Going back to pick up more that weren't at the store tomorrow.  Beyond Oasis is from this forum's favorite canuckle head.  CrackTiger.

IMG
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Desh on 10/11/2014, 05:27 PMPicked up some more Genesis gems today.  Going back to pick up more that weren't at the store tomorrow.  Beyond Oasis is from this forum's favorite canuckle head.  vTiger.

IMG
Gimme dem splats, plz.
IMG

Mishran

Quote from: jordan_hillman on 10/11/2014, 05:10 PM
Quote from: BlueBMW on 10/11/2014, 05:00 PMTake Mario 3d off the maybe list and put it on the MUST HAVE list ;)

I haven't had the chance to play Super Mario World 3D but everyone I know who has are saying it's the best Mario game in easily 20 years.

Must play.....
With reviews like those, who can refuse. Consider it bought! :mrgreen: