@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathius

Let us know your thoughts on that shewty when you get a chance. :)

TR0N

Quote from: Mathius on 12/29/2014, 12:16 AMLet us know your thoughts on that shewty when you get a chance. :)
It's good from what i've payed so far the developer is moss the same ones behind raiden III&IV.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

MrFulci

Quote from: esadajr on 12/27/2014, 03:01 PMGravisGamepad.jpg

The score of the year for me. Brand new with everything included (even the screw on joystick).

15 years ago or so, I got one of these (which I still have) on sale at my local Officedepot. It was awesome for pretty much everything. The first game I tried with it was OMF 2097.
One Must Fall... I had to look it up, to double check if it was the game from Epic. It is. I was never that into the game, but I remember it!

I haven't used a gravis gamepad in ages. I last used it with my 486, and maybe later my Pentium 2. My 486 was already 100mhz, so I skipped the first Pentium.

I had the older style Gravis Gamepad, with just the directional pad, and the 4 action buttons. It too, had the screw on stick.

I think I may have used the Gravis Game Pad with Nesticle. I forget.

My mind is a bit fuzzy, but I am pretty sure I played Xargon, Jazz Jackrabbit, and I may have had it working with Duke Nukem (Not 3D). I could have also used it with Commander Keen. A lot of Apogee games, and similar. Monster Bash, etc.

This thread did make me remember a game, takes place in a pyramid, I guess. It had an Egyptian theme?, It was a puzzle game, I think involving pushing blocks at times, and snakes were a common enemy that would kill you if you bumped into them... Early 90s PC game.. I'm searching online, but can't find anything about it, so far. I remember, a text screen that appeared in the game, like reading a clue for the screen's puzzle, and it has some mentions about a paradise city, where there is green grass, and pretty girls. So, that gives me a date to go on...

*Edited - I found the title of the game I was thinking of, above. Paganitzu! (http://www.mobygames.com/game/paganitzu) I'd not thought of Paganitzu in many years, so that may mean I should make some time for it, in the next year. I don't recall ever playing it with a Gravis Game Pad, however I did play it around the time I was using a Gravis Game Pad.
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

esteban

Quote from: MrFulci on 12/29/2014, 06:36 AM
Quote from: esadajr on 12/27/2014, 03:01 PMGravisGamepad.jpg

The score of the year for me. Brand new with everything included (even the screw on joystick).

15 years ago or so, I got one of these (which I still have) on sale at my local Officedepot. It was awesome for pretty much everything. The first game I tried with it was OMF 2097.
One Must Fall... I had to look it up, to double check if it was the game from Epic. It is. I was never that into the game, but I remember it!

I haven't used a gravis gamepad in ages. I last used it with my 486, and maybe later my Pentium 2. My 486 was already 100mhz, so I skipped the first Pentium.

I had the older style Gravis Gamepad, with just the directional pad, and the 4 action buttons. It too, had the screw on stick.

I think I may have used the Gravis Game Pad with Nesticle. I forget.

My mind is a bit fuzzy, but I am pretty sure I played Xargon, Jazz Jackrabbit, and I may have had it working with Duke Nukem (Not 3D). I could have also used it with Commander Keen. A lot of Apogee games, and similar. Monster Bash, etc.

This thread did make me remember a game, takes place in a pyramid, I guess. It had an Egyptian theme?, It was a puzzle game, I think involving pushing blocks at times, and snakes were a common enemy that would kill you if you bumped into them... Early 90s PC game.. I'm searching online, but can't find anything about it, so far. I remember, a text screen that appeared in the game, like reading a clue for the screen's puzzle, and it has some mentions about a paradise city, where there is green grass, and pretty girls. So, that gives me a date to go on...

*Edited - I found the title of the game I was thinking of, above. Paganitzu! (http://www.mobygames.com/game/paganitzu) I'd not thought of Paganitzu in many years, so that may mean I should make some time for it, in the next year. I don't recall ever playing it with a Gravis Game Pad, however I did play it around the time I was using a Gravis Game Pad.
Paganitzu was a classic game. Folks forget the name, but they remember playing it. If I recall correctly, the guy who created it had a game prior (or afterward?) that was very similar.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

EvilEvoIX

I got a lot of good stuff this past week.  I am really trying to build my NES collection.  My Genesis collection is growing as well.

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

BlueBMW

I used the gravis game pad a ton as a kid.  The game I most distinctly remember playing with it was Star Control 2 though.  It worked great with that game!
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

NecroPhile

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 12/28/2014, 08:06 PMThis is one of those times I wish this as released on th PS Vita so I can play it on a big v on the play station TV.  MAN THAT SOUNDS CONVOLUTED.
Like many other PSP games, Lunar is downloadable and playable on a Playstation TV.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 12/29/2014, 11:20 AMI used the gravis game pad a ton as a kid.  The game I most distinctly remember playing with it was Star Control 2 though.  It worked great with that game!
Heh I just started that game back up last week. If you go a year or so between clearing the game you'll forget most of the star systems and it'll be like a whole new game again. I think it's a brilliant game.

esteban

Quote from: Mathius on 12/29/2014, 02:21 PM
Quote from: BlueBMW on 12/29/2014, 11:20 AMI used the gravis game pad a ton as a kid.  The game I most distinctly remember playing with it was Star Control 2 though.  It worked great with that game!
Heh I just started that game back up last week. If you go a year or so between clearing the game you'll forget most of the star systems and it'll be like a whole new game again. I think it's a brilliant game.
I have Star Control 2 for 3DO. :)

Mathius

Quote from: esteban on 12/29/2014, 06:15 PM
That's the version I play as well. :D

cr8zykuban0

some stuff i got from this week!
IMG

BlueBMW

Quote from: Mathius on 12/29/2014, 08:34 PM
Nowadays I actually play that fan remake Ur Quan Masters on the PSP lol.  I guess they also have it for PC etc.  It lets you pick and choose between PC and 3DO versions of music, text, voice, videos etc.  Kind of nice since I liked some things on the PC version but I also enjoyed the voices etc of the 3DO version.

Excellent game that is always worth a replay.  Though it doesnt feel nearly as vast as it did when I was a wee little one, its still quite big.  It amazes me that every star is a system you can explore, mine etc.  In a typical game you might visit 50 star systems... there's what like 400 + in the game?  I've never counted, but there's a ton.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

esteban

Quote from: BlueBMW on 12/30/2014, 10:43 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 12/29/2014, 08:34 PM
Nowadays I actually play that fan remake Ur Quan Masters on the PSP lol.  I guess they also have it for PC etc.  It lets you pick and choose between PC and 3DO versions of music, text, voice, videos etc.  Kind of nice since I liked some things on the PC version but I also enjoyed the voices etc of the 3DO version.

Excellent game that is always worth a replay.  Though it doesnt feel nearly as vast as it did when I was a wee little one, its still quite big.  It amazes me that every star is a system you can explore, mine etc.  In a typical game you might visit 50 star systems... there's what like 400 + in the game?  I've never counted, but there's a ton.
I also played a heck of a lot of the Genesis Star Control (don't hate me, I didn't have a real computer at the time).

Needless to say, my brothers and I had a a lot of time playing Star Control on Genesis.

Mathius

I just spent all afternoon exploring the majority of the lower left hand quadrant in SCII on 3DO. You could cheat and use the guide in the manual that shows you where all the richest systems are, but nothing beats coming across a Ruby or Sapphire World/Moon in a seemingly non-descript star system.

I have the PC and Ur-Quan Masters versions on my computer also. I didn't like the PC version since the viewing window for the planet lander was a fraction of the size that it is in the 3DO and Ur-Quan Masters versions.

BlueBMW

I liked the planet information as text rather than pictograms.  There was something about knowing exactly how hot the surface was (2560 C, yeah its hot!)  that I appreciated.  Class 7 weather... eh... I guess I can make it.  Class 8 tectonics, time for some fancy navigating!

I will say I thought the voice acting in the 3DO version was awesome!

BigusSchmuck

A ton of MVS Swag, Metal Slug 1-X, and Samurai Showdown 2. I'm running out of space due to these huge carts!

Medic_wheat

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 12/31/2014, 12:56 PMA ton of MVS Swag, Metal Slug 1-X, and Samurai Showdown 2. I'm running out of space due to these huge carts!
Nice.

I am slowly dipping my but toe in the MVS scene again.

I think one of my New Years resolutions is to try and buy one MVS cart every two months but complete kit if possible.

Bernie

I bought this.

Pro features, excellent price
Large 42cc engine for excellent clearing power
185 MPH / 510 CFM
Unique engine mounting delivers powerful air force
Adjustable shoulder harness for maximum user comfort
Variable speed and cruise control for convenient operation

IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: Bernie on 12/31/2014, 05:08 PMI bought this.....
Excellent choice, Mr. Berns.  You'll get maximum drying capabilities without the harmful melty effects of a conventional hair dryer.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

PunkCryborg

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 12/31/2014, 12:08 PMI liked the planet information as text rather than pictograms.  There was something about knowing exactly how hot the surface was (2560 C, yeah its hot!)  that I appreciated.  Class 7 weather... eh... I guess I can make it.  Class 8 tectonics, time for some fancy navigating!
The 3DO has this too. It'll give an icon followed by a number marking its intensity. For example, extreme weather would be a lightning bolt followed by an 8. Unless you're best friends with the Melnorme do not land! :)

Edit:

That's one thing about violent planets. Weaving around earthquakes and firestorms? Totally doable with a pair of quick thumbs. Lightning that would send Zeus cowering under the kitchen table? Don't even try it! Those lightning storms are bias.

BlueBMW

Ooh Cowboys of Moo Mesa... Ive kind of wanted that one to go alongside Sunset Riders.

And yeah Matt... The lighting is rediculous.  You simply cant avoid it.

Psycho Punch

This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Flare65

Bought one of these:

IMG

Playing a lot of MK8 trying to unlock everything.  Having a lot of fun with it!  I'm getting my ass kicked in Super Smash Brothers though....its a very tough game to pick up if you have never played any of the previous titles.

munchiaz

Quote from: Flare65 on 01/02/2015, 03:18 PMBought one of these:

IMG

Playing a lot of MK8 trying to unlock everything.  Having a lot of fun with it!  I'm getting my ass kicked in Super Smash Brothers though....its a very tough game to pick up if you have never played any of the previous titles.
Best way to get better at smash is to look up some competitive videos. There are also a lot of videos on youtube that explain smash mechanics. You don't have to play at a competitive level, but if you at least understand the mechanics of the game you will see improvement

Mathius

esteban

Quote from: Mathius on 12/31/2014, 07:53 PM
Quote from: BlueBMW on 12/31/2014, 12:08 PMI liked the planet information as text rather than pictograms.  There was something about knowing exactly how hot the surface was (2560 C, yeah its hot!)  that I appreciated.  Class 7 weather... eh... I guess I can make it.  Class 8 tectonics, time for some fancy navigating!
The 3DO has this too. It'll give an icon followed by a number marking its intensity. For example, extreme weather would be a lightning bolt followed by an 8. Unless you're best friends with the Melnorme do not land! :)

Edit:

That's one thing about violent planets. Weaving around earthquakes and firestorms? Totally doable with a pair of quick thumbs. Lightning that would send Zeus cowering under the kitchen table? Don't even try it! Those lightning storms are bias.
Ha! I always wondered if it was possible to deal with lightning. So, the consensus seems to be "HELL NO!"

Ha!

Mathius

Quote from: esteban on 01/02/2015, 08:49 PM

Edit:

Ha! I always wondered if it was possible to deal with lightning. So, the consensus seems to be "HELL NO!"

Ha!
In case you haven't heard Stardock won the rights to make the next Star Control game. It's being said that, like the JJ Abrams Star Trek reboot, the next SC will be an alternate timeline taking place a few decades before SCII. I am hoping the game will be in good hands though it'll never be a true SC game until Toys for Bob can pull themselves away from Skylanders. Even with all that in mind a new adventure in the SC universe is exciting to think about. From what I've read the team working on the game are huge fans of the series and are taking the lore very seriously. As of now the game has been in development for about a year I think.

esteban

Quote from: Mathius on 01/02/2015, 09:50 PM
Quote from: esteban on 01/02/2015, 08:49 PM

Edit:

Ha!
In case you haven't heard Stardock won the rights to make the next Star Control game. It's being said that, like the JJ Abrams Star Trek reboot, the next SC will be an alternate timeline taking place a few decades before SCII. I am hoping the game will be in good hands though it'll never be a true SC game until Toys for Bob can pull themselves away from Skylanders. Even with all that in mind a new adventure in the SC universe is exciting to think about. From what I've read the team working on the game are huge fans of the series and are taking the lore very seriously. As of now the game has been in development for about a year I think.
I didn't know any of this. :)

TR0N

Quote from: Flare65 on 01/02/2015, 03:18 PMBought one of these:

IMG

Congrats man my wii u id is my sig if you need it.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

PunkCryborg

Some Obey
Brick and mortar store find for $30 very nice  :D been wanting to play this one for a loooong time!!
IMG
Some non obey but some very cool games. Gunners Heaven rocks hard
IMG
Som CPS2 stuff. Marvel Vs Capcom and a Darkstalkers with a Super Street Fighter II Turbo sticker under neath. This is non phoenixed board. If it was super turbo still it'd be 4x the price of darkstalkers lol Don't know what the story behind this was oh well. This was from a local deal for some arcade hardware and a cab for Owlnonymous
IMG
And finaly the creme de la crop a legit Japanese USAAF mustang PCB. This is a cool NMK/UPL WWII shoot em up with killer music. The music wasn't working in MAME till about a month ago when this board popped up. Super cool and fun shoot em up!
IMG
IMG

Mathius

Man what a solid score of pickups! That Mustang game sounds interesting.

esteban

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 01/03/2015, 02:12 AMSome Obey
Brick and mortar store find for $30 very nice  :D been wanting to play this one for a loooong time!!
IMG
Some non obey but some very cool games. Gunners Heaven rocks hard
IMG
Som CPS2 stuff. Marvel Vs Capcom and a Darkstalkers with a Super Street Fighter II Turbo sticker under neath. This is non phoenixed board. If it was super turbo still it'd be 4x the price of darkstalkers lol Don't know what the story behind this was oh well. This was from a local deal for some arcade hardware and a cab for Owlnonymous
IMG
And finaly the creme de la crop a legit Japanese USAAF mustang PCB. This is a cool NMK/UPL WWII shoot em up with killer music. The music wasn't working in MAME till about a month ago when this board popped up. Super cool and fun shoot em up!
IMG
IMG
I was listening to the Mustang music (YouTube video) a few months (?) ago and now I'm wondering if it was recorded via real hardware or if it was an "approximation" via "work in progress" emulation...

UPL!

:)

jeffhlewis

IMG

I just got engaged to my lady friend so this is probably the last batch of goodies for the foreseeable future with wedding expenses coming up.

I don't know what it is about Wonder Project J2 but I've wanted a copy of it ever since die hard game fan featured it years ago.

Psycho Dream was a little pricey but I'm on a quest to play more games from RIOT that never made it to the states.

Mathius

Really cool video for the N64 Wonder Project J. Good reason to get a flash cart.

SuperGrafx

I bought a sleeve/case and screen protector for my new Surface Pro 3

dingsbums

Quote from: guest on 01/02/2015, 02:36 PMI always thought PANG was from Capcom, not Mitchell
It was developed by Mitchell and distributed by Capcom as far as I know.

DragonmasterDan

I picked this up. No not punch out, but an NEC XM2950 monitor.
IMG
--DragonmasterDan

jtucci31

I'm so jealous of your monitors. That thing looks awesome, especially since it's NEC

MrFulci

I got rid of a nice CRT, flat screen, model from 2003. it had a power switch issue. Makes me think, looking here, at the time, I should have tried to find it a home here, since picture was still good, just non responsive power switch. I wasn't posting here, at that time, though :(   So, it was dumped at electronics recycle.
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

bartre

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 01/03/2015, 02:12 AMSom CPS2 stuff. Marvel Vs Capcom and a Darkstalkers with a Super Street Fighter II Turbo sticker under neath. This is non phoenixed board. If it was super turbo still it'd be 4x the price of darkstalkers lol Don't know what the story behind this was oh well. This was from a local deal for some arcade hardware and a cab for Owlnonymous
bitd, arcades could send boards back to capcom to get the games changed for a new one.
it just so happens that capcom was pretty lazy, and would just put the new sticker over the old one.

I've got a powered gear that has a super puzzle fighter label underneath.

Ninja Spirit

Great pickups over the past several months! Starting with some Obedience, but predominantly, my SNERD side was partying real hard.
/10808926_1522239121389001_1025252452_n.jpg
/10832288_851456951583557_2097251197_n.jpg

Picked up a Retron 5 system. As much as a purist I am for original hardware and I have alot of Super Famicom RPG's, the recent firmware update that adds support for IPS translation patches made it too hard for me to ignore. 
/10865083_800872223282295_577826894_n.jpg
/10838459_376736152493649_1458966062_n.jpg

I ended up getting this whole lot for 62 shipped. Why the hell did they skip part 4?
/10843902_882941268382663_320736966_n.jpg

EvilEvoIX

I got this bad boy off of www.neo-geo.com.  Some good sales can still be had if you are willing to sift through the B.S.

This is a gamer condition U.S. Copy of Fatal Fury Special.  The Japanese copy is common as dirt but the USA version is more rare.  I got it for $35 shipped, why not.  This is my favorite Non-Real Bout Version of Fatal Fury.

From Wiki....

QuoteFatal Fury Special is an updated version of Fatal Fury 2 and features many of the same graphics and gameplay, although some slight changes were made to the system, including faster game speed and an all new combo system.
The character roster of Fatal Fury 2returns. The four computer-only characters from the previous game (Billy Kane, Axel Hawk, Laurence Blood, and Wolfgang Krauser) can now be controlled by the player, and three characters from the original Fatal Fury(Tung Fu Rue, Duck King, and Geese Howard) return, increasing the number of playable characters to fifteen. Ryo Sakazaki, the protagonist of Art of Fighting, appears as a hidden opponent at the end of the Single Player Mode and is playable in the home versions.

Unlike the previous Fatal Fury games, Special allows the player to combine or "combo" their attacks. When an attack lands, the player will have a brief moment of invincibility. The number of Line Move Attacks have also increased. This time pressing the light punch or light kick button while the opponent is on an opposite line will perform a Low Line Jump Attack.
I really like using Ryo Sakazaki and can do some damage with him
and Bogard.

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

Obviously not the best condition but I'm not a cart snob and as long as it works I'm ok.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

SuperGrafx

"The GRANDMOTHER of all battles!"

:shock:

cr8zykuban0

some nice pickups you guys have been getting! its funny how the aes case of the cart sticker inside the case lol but great pickup guys!

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 01/05/2015, 03:38 PMsome nice pickups you guys have been getting! its funny how the aes case of the cart sticker inside the case lol but great pickup guys!
That is very weird but IDK.  It works and I am happy.
IMGIMGIMG

xcrement5x

IMG
Bubble Gum Crisis Ultimate Edition Premium Blu-Ray Set by xcrement5x, on Flickr

This has finally come in from AnimEigo and the build quality looks great!  This was a Kickstarter project done awhile ago and was awesomely organized and put together.  It took awhile, but the engagement from the organizer and results make me feel like my funds were not wasted. 

I got the following Premium Version of the remastered Blu-Ray Set which comes with a chipboard box to hold the three cases.

Plus:
Challenge Coin
Mega Tokyo Keychain
BubbleGum Crisis Embroidered Patch
6 Postcards with BGC artwork
(I did the pledge level where I got a poster too, but that's not pictured)
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

bust3dstr8

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 01/03/2015, 02:12 AMAnd finaly the creme de la crop a legit Japanese USAAF mustang PCB. This is a cool NMK/UPL WWII shoot em up with killer music. The music wasn't working in MAME till about a month ago when this board popped up. Super cool and fun shoot em up!
IMG
IMG
Cool grab Cy. That Mustang looks like a Korean manufactured board with that sticker across the roms. Is it the same romset as Japan region?
Clowns Suck
IMG IMG

PunkCryborg

Quote from: bust3dstr8 on 01/07/2015, 09:54 AMCool grab Cy. That Mustang looks like a Korean manufactured board with that sticker across the roms. Is it the same romset as Japan region?
I haven't tested the roms to see the region yet, i guess i can do that now with my programmer :D
I believe it's a Japanese board though. There are no korean chips, says made in japan and the sound IC thing is bolted down. I think the korean USAAF says made in korea on the pcb