10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Your Daily Dose of Gaming.

Started by Ninja Spirit, 07/15/2005, 01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TR0N

Finished shantae and the pirates curse a few days ago.Now that is out of the way back to grandia via the PS3,just another rpg i all ways wanted to complete.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

PCEngineFX

Crazy....my first post to this thread was 10 years ago!

I'm deep into Dragon Age Inquisition on Xbox One (80hrs so far) and loving it.
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG
IMG

munchiaz

Quote from: TR0N on 01/03/2015, 12:58 AMFinished shantae and the pirates curse a few days ago.Now that is out of the way back to grandia via the PS3,just another rpg i all ways wanted to complete.
Where are you currently in Grandia

BigusSchmuck

Getting down on Shadows of Mordor. Think Assassins Creed on crack, bad crack. :P

NecroPhile

I'm currently working on Ys 7 on the PSP Go.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

TR0N

Quote from: munchiaz on 01/06/2015, 01:35 PM
Quote from: TR0N on 01/03/2015, 12:58 AMFinished shantae and the pirates curse a few days ago.Now that is out of the way back to grandia via the PS3,just another rpg i all ways wanted to complete.
Where are you currently in Grandia
All most done the first chapter where sue go's back to new parm.
IMG

BigusSchmuck

Something not right about watching Gollum's loin cloth flap in the rain.

blueraven

Guardians for the iPad. That shit's tight. All my characters are level 30. They need to raise the level cap.

PukeSter

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 (N64). Still not perfect at this series, but I did manage to beat 1.

Also playing Ninja Gaiden (NES) on Wii U.

wildfruit

Played a bit of captain toad treasure tracker. Its fun

roflmao

I got Chrono Cross for Christmas and picked up Raiden III (PS2) and Animal Crossing (GC) last week and all 3 of those games are getting regular play. I'm enjoying all 3 more than I was expecting, though in Animal Crossing's case it helps to be playing it with a 6 year-old. :)

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 01/11/2015, 08:44 PMI got Chrono Cross for Christmas and picked up Raiden III (PS2) and Animal Crossing (GC) last week and all 3 of those games are getting regular play. I'm enjoying all 3 more than I was expecting, though in Animal Crossing's case it helps to be playing it with a 6 year-old. :)
Animle crossing for my wife and I are like crack cocain for us.

We only now put the GC verson down because we got the 3DS verson.

munchiaz

Still playing Smash bros. on Wii U. I also finished up Lunar: The Silver Star this weekend. Finished up Astal this weekend as well. And i beat the scenario mode of Flash Hinder today. I'm on a roll this weekend

Medic_wheat

So I was playing with my SS gifts and getting my OBEY on yesterday and wow.

1943 is so much better then the NES verson I am use to. A little harder but still fun.

R Type I. I can get to the third stage but when I am working my way through that ship I keep getting crushed towards the end of it. Need to think it through more.

As for R Type II. I CANT EVEN GET PAST THE FIRET LEVEL LOL.  I get maybe halfway I think just after those glowing laser shooting enemies but then a few frames after them I get taken out by one of those worm/snake thingies lol. I spent maybe 30 minutes on it got frustrated and put on some Bonk to cool things down and play something easy lol.

blueraven

Playing: Find the AC Adapter in my Storage Unit.

FUCKING BADASS GAME

esteban

Quote from: blueraven on 01/12/2015, 01:12 PMPlaying: Find the AC Adapter in my Storage Unit.

FUCKING BADASS GAME
Hahahahahshashs. I hate that.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

PukeSter

Beat tony hawk 2. Playing nfl blitz and tony hawk 3 (both n64).

Also, there is a Tony Hawk "pro skater" coming out on ps4 and Xbox one later this year for anyone interested.

BigusSchmuck

PCEngineHell

Other then playing World of Tanks, beat Battle Master and Axelay over the weekend.

Bernie

Fired up Lunar Silver Star Story on the Sega CD after watching GameSack.  Kinda sold me on some of the games.  :)  Thanks Joe!

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Bernie on 01/18/2015, 03:52 PMFired up Lunar Silver Star Story on the Sega CD after watching GameSack.  Kinda sold me on some of the games.  :)  Thanks Joe!
Lunar: The Silver Star on Sega CD is far better than any of the remakes.

Enjoy it!
--DragonmasterDan

SuperGrafx

I've been working on finishing up HALO: Spartan Assault on my Windows Phone.
There's a sequel coming up, so I want to wrap this one up before the new games arrives.

munchiaz

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 01/18/2015, 04:10 PM
Quote from: Bernie on 01/18/2015, 03:52 PMFired up Lunar Silver Star Story on the Sega CD after watching GameSack.  Kinda sold me on some of the games.  :)  Thanks Joe!
Lunar: The Silver Star on Sega CD is far better than any of the remakes.

Enjoy it!
I just beat this like a week ago. It was awesome indeed. I found it a bit easy though.

roflmao

Lol, I've never played the original, but I'm right at the end of Lunar Legends on the GBA (via Gamecube). I'm loving it, as is my son and will probably finish it this week. I wish I had a Sega CD to play the original.

TR0N

I completed grandia finally it's the first time ive done so to.For the longest time,i've had the saturn version plus a walkthrough but i never sat down to play it.So i downloaded the PS1 version onto the PS3 and played it that way instead.I enjoyed the game for being a light hearted rpg but i wish the PS1 version had a better localization  :P
IMG

munchiaz

Started playing citizens of Earth last night. Its a new RPG that is inspired from Earthbound, and Suikoden. You play as the vice president of the world. Its pretty neat so far

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: TR0N on 01/21/2015, 01:55 AMI completed grandia finally it's the first time ive done so to.For the longest time,i've had the saturn version plus a walkthrough but i never sat down to play it.So i downloaded the PS1 version onto the PS3 and played that it that way instead.I enjoyed the game for being a light hearted rpg but i wish the PS1 version had a better localization  :P
The text localization is competent.
However, That dub is awful
--DragonmasterDan

BigusSchmuck

Just finished Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor. All I have to say is this... YOU WILL OBEY! :P

TR0N

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 01/21/2015, 12:53 PM
Quote from: TR0N on 01/21/2015, 01:55 AMI completed grandia finally it's the first time ive done so to.For the longest time,i've had the saturn version plus a walkthrough but i never sat down to play it.So i downloaded the PS1 version onto the PS3 and played that it that way instead.I enjoyed the game for being a light hearted rpg but i wish the PS1 version had a better localization  :P
The text localization is competent.
However, That dub is awful
Well all those caps for the text but yeah it's dubbing is terrible.
IMG

Medic_wheat

I started playing Cobtra Force on the NES again last night. Honestly I don't know why it gets so much hate. If it remained as its own thing instead of them slapping CONTRA on it it would have been liked much more. It is a decent fun game with some challging parts.

I enjoyed it

Also played a little Duck Tales on the NES as well. So much fun to play a game and not have to try to hard and enjoy the experience.

Because

Life is like a hurricane here in Duckburg
Race cars, lasers, aeroplanes, it's a duck-blur!
Might solve a mystery
Or rewrite history!

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 01/22/2015, 11:26 AMI started playing Cobtra Force on the NES again last night. Honestly I don't know why it gets so much hate. If it remained as its own thing instead of them slapping CONTRA on it it would have been liked much more. It is a decent fun game with some challging parts.

I enjoyed it

Also played a little Duck Tales on the NES as well. So much fun to play a game and not have to try to hard and enjoy the experience.

Because

Might solve a mystery
Or rewrite history!
I'm only regretting selling mine a lil bit... -.-'

But that's okay, I plan on buying a pirate famicom cart of it.  Yayyy piracy!
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Medic_wheat

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 01/22/2015, 01:42 PM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 01/22/2015, 11:26 AMI started playing Cobtra Force on the NES again last night. Honestly I don't know why it gets so much hate. If it remained as its own thing instead of them slapping CONTRA on it it would have been liked much more. It is a decent fun game with some challging parts.

I enjoyed it

Because

Might solve a mystery
Or rewrite history!
I'm only regretting selling mine a lil bit... -.-'

But that's okay, I plan on buying a pirate famicom cart of it.  Yayyy piracy!
Shhhh shhh now it is okay. You did the right thing.

esteban

I enjoyed it

Because

Might solve a mystery
Or rewrite history!
I bought the DVD sets (well, two of them?) to rewatch DuckTales with my daughter. Some episodes are weak, sadly, but I still like 'em.

I can't believe I have had that theme song stuck in my head for so many years...it's sad.

:)

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 01/22/2015, 11:26 AMAlso played a little Duck Tales on the NES as well. So much fun to play a game and not have to try to hard and enjoy the experience.

Because

Might solve a mystery
Or rewrite history!
The pc remake wasn't all that bad. Its a shame that the sequel is so over priced..

Medic_wheat

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 01/22/2015, 04:00 PM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 01/22/2015, 11:26 AMAlso played a little Duck Tales on the NES as well. So much fun to play a game and not have to try to hard and enjoy the experience.

Because

Might solve a mystery
Or rewrite history!
The pc remake wasn't all that bad. Its a shame that the sequel is so over priced..
Yeah manny NES sequels are expensive. And ones I am missing

Ducktales 2
Rescue rangers 2
Bubble Bobble 2

Adventure Island 3
TMNT 3
Dragon Warrior 2, 3, 4

Probably others I am blanking on at the moment.

Medic_wheat

So I am playing th punch out 2 that never was today and I have to say for the most part I am kicking butt.

IMG

Going to take a break as this green mo fo has beaten me three times. Sigh. And everything k have to re fight skelitor.

IMG

IMG

He isn't hard per say but my hands are getting tired.

Some elements of the game I have yet to understand

And there isn't mich in the way of reviews apart from people tag quoting it on the first opponit who seem to refuse to even TRY and figure out the game and call it trash.

Which it isn't. It's actually fun.

So on the training events which increase your life/hit points strength of punches and speed to dodge you need to get five concequtive hits with the trainer then hit the robot trainer to get that bonus. I can usually get two sometimes three hits to the trainer so far. Also having. Automotive continue to your last fight even when you lose is nice.

At times I seem to break up the oponits rhythm and a sound comes out and a glove comes out as drops. Not sure what that does or if I need to do more when it Halle s but at times the opponit can punch the bonus glove out lol

I have get to get a KO OR TKO. I have knocked down my oponits and keep my connected hits higher then my opponit so I have only won through the judge. Although at times I could have sworn I should have won

Medic_wheat

Wow okay so I finally got to the final round

I can hardly land more than 5 punches on this guy and with my status maxed out. 

I can hardly figure out his pattern.

It HAS to do something with how his right glove shines at times. That has to be some sort of tell that would allow me to either break his pattern or land more damage.

IMGIMGIMGIMG

esteban

I never knew about this. I think it looks intriguing.

Time to learn about a new game!

Medic_wheat

Yawn

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 01/23/2015, 08:15 PM
Quote from: esteban on 01/23/2015, 05:02 PMI never knew about this. I think it looks intriguing.

Time to learn about a new game!
It is called Power Punch II. "Mike Tyson in space."

The story if I remmeber goes something like this.

mike tysons punch out was popular.

This was to be a sequal to it but published outside of Nintendo.

Then Nintendo executives went to check on progress it was not what they liked so they disowned it.

Then due to the drama a that Tyson raped a women and they "changed" the name of the main character.

The game is seemingly universally hated and you can find it $5 loose and I would guess $20 boxed.

I got this one loose at a retro game store for $5. And we all know most brick and motor store charge at a premium for even common cheap games.

Oddly I have yet to pick up mike tysons punch out or the mr dream punch out. Although I did pick up super punch out and punch out for the Wii a few months back. So I am close to completing my punch out library.

So if anyone has the other two new punch outs for sale hit me up

roflmao

I got a Retron 5 yesterday and put it through the ringer last night.  I played through Enduro Racer for the SMS (via db-elec's homebrew powerbase adapter) and for the first time finished Pop'n Twinbee for the Super Famicom! I tested a ton of other games, but those were the only ones I made it beginning to end with last night. I'm really impressed with this device. GBA games look so much better than via the Gamecube's GB Adapter and with the ability to to save at any time, play translated versions of JP games, fast forward through unskippable bits and all via wicked sharp 720p. It's pretty slick.

And I'm still trying to finish Lunar Legends. I've made it to the final boss, but he's crazy tough compared to everything else in the game so I need to do a bit more leveling up... I think tomorrow I'll be able to put that game to rest. :)

munchiaz

Started playing Fire emblem:awakening again for the 3rd time. Lets hope i can actually continue through it and beat it this time.

mackdanger

Hopping between Valis III on the Duo R, Super Shinobi on the Mega Drive, and Crossed Swords on the MVS.
Check out "Skill Sets" my 1CC / No Death video series:
https://www.youtube.com/user/richardgalactic

BigusSchmuck

Just finished the Dragon Quest 1 remake on my phone. Nothing special, just did it at lvl 20 and for shits and giggles never bothered to rescue the princess.

roflmao

I finished Lunar Legend and my son and I have been having a blast playing through tons of vintage 2-player co-op games with invincibility cheats turned on. :) All old school shmups. It's been a fun few days.

TR0N

Wii U
Mario Kart 8
The Legend of Zelda

I did get that gold gilder finally in MK8  :shock:
IMG

wildfruit

Waiting for Metroid prime trilogy to finish downloading hnnnnnnffff

VenomMacbeth

So Eternal City is AWESOME.  I mean sure, the backgrounds are repetitive, the enemies...well, let's just say the game resembles an early Genesis game.  But it's somehow...very addicting.  As some have said, it bears some marks that are quite reminiscent of Metroid (ESPECIALLY the first game) and I can totally see that, and it's seriously the best thing ever.  I just got the "Back-Booster" and I'm highly enjoying that.  I really wish the game had a translation patch, as a decent half-story would make up for the graphical shortcomings.

Anyway, I strongly recommend this game, if you can find it for a good price.  It may be somewhat bland, but it's also pretty unique among PCE games.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Digi.k

am gripped by puyo puyo fever again ...

DragonmasterDan

With a weekend to relax and time to play games, starting on Friday night, I fired up "Friday the 13th for NES" which I finished Saturday morning. It took me a few tries through the game to actually beat it.

From there I fired up Banjo Tooie and Conkers Bad Fur Day for N64 which I played a bit of Saturday and Sunday.
--DragonmasterDan