@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

My N64 collection :D *big ass pics....*

Started by bartre, 03/02/2015, 12:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bartre

So earlier this week I finished my goal.
as many of you know, i've been working on it for a long time.
as of now, i have all 296 US released N64 games!
I'd like to get the color variants, but that's a footnote really.
my next big goal is to beat them all!
pics:

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

roflmao

Quote from: bartre on 03/02/2015, 12:19 AMSo earlier this week I finished my goal.
as many of you know, i've been working on it for a long time.
as of now, i have all 296 US released N64 games!
I'd like to get the color variants, but that's a footnote really.
my next big goal is to beat them all!
pics:
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
You're welcome.  :P

bartre

Quote from: guest on 03/02/2015, 12:30 AM$50 says he loses interest, flips it all, and begins collecting the next fad system before he beats 10 games.

#bartreFTL
IMG

Bloufo

Nice!

btw, your sig is outdated now.  :P

slinkyturd

70/95 US Turbochips

bartre

yeah, ended up getting that from a local NA jackass.
dude was stinky, but i got it for my price, not his. :D

cr8zykuban0

nice. one of my favorite systems to collect for. congrats on completing the set

slinkyturd

Quote from: bartre on 03/02/2015, 01:49 AMyeah, ended up getting that from a local NA jackass.
dude was stinky, but i got it for my price, not his. :D
Good

I had the black rage wars back in the day and I'm kicking myself in the ass about not sending it away. :(
70/95 US Turbochips

SignOfZeta

Jesus, people will collect *anything*.
IMG

xcrement5x

Thank your roflmao!

And Zeta that's true, people will collect anything.  Buttons, books, movies, cars, figures, video games, you name it, even toasters!.  It seems like there is a market for anything if you can find it.

And congrats bartre, it's good that you're trying to play them all.  If you do a game a week it'll be quite fun I expect.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

NecroPhile

You need a couple extra shelves, man.  Tighten up the spacing and make some space for more OBEY!
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: guest on 03/02/2015, 12:30 AM$50 says he loses interest, flips it all, and begins collecting the next fad system before he beats 10 games.

#bartreFTL
Always a Negative Nancy, let the man have his moment.  It's an amazing effort.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

NecroPhile

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: guest on 03/02/2015, 12:34 PMGrow a funny bone, douche.
You know, I am really not going to stand for this kind of punishment any more!  Every time I post, good, bad, or indifferent I get a snippy remark from Mr. Snippy himself (and in case you didn't know I am talking to you Necromancer!)  I mean I've had it!  15 or 16 more insults or random acts of name calling I may have to seriously consider not posting here for at least a day or so until you cool off.

You've been warned mister.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

BlueBMW

I <3 the N64 so I say congrats man :)
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

CAPSLOCK

nice job! Too bad N64 has about 5 games that are playable. I don't understand why people need to have a complete library. I love the original Game Boy but there is no reason for me to buy Amazing Spiderman.

herb

Congrats on the set! You've got a decent amount boxed, you should go for em all  :D

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: BlueBMW on 03/02/2015, 01:24 PMI <3 the N64 so I say congrats man :)
same here man. im a big n64 lover too!

Quote from: CAPSLOCK on 03/02/2015, 01:56 PMnice job! Too bad N64 has about 5 games that are playable. I don't understand why people need to have a complete library. I love the original Game Boy but there is no reason for me to buy Amazing Spiderman.
for me, the n64 has a lot of playable games and classics. i understand some people dont like it but i grew up playing it so there are a good amount of great games. i wouldn't go for a complete library but games i enjoy

esadajr

Congrats Bart. Never easy to get a complete set of anything.

Back then I'd never imagine all those would fit into one of these:

IMG
Gaming since 1985

CAPSLOCK

Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 03/02/2015, 02:12 PM
Quote from: BlueBMW on 03/02/2015, 01:24 PMI <3 the N64 so I say congrats man :)

Quote from: CAPSLOCK on 03/02/2015, 01:56 PMnice job! Too bad N64 has about 5 games that are playable. I don't understand why people need to have a complete library. I love the original Game Boy but there is no reason for me to buy Amazing Spiderman.
for me, the n64 has a lot of playable games and classics. i understand some people dont like it but i grew up playing it so there are a good amount of great games. i wouldn't go for a complete library but games i enjoy
yeah I guess a lot of it has to do with nostalgia. There was a time when I wanted a full snes set. Got to around 200 and realized I didnt want to play most of the crap staring at me from the shelf. I reduced it down to about 40 carts and was instantly happier.

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: CAPSLOCK on 03/02/2015, 06:41 PM
Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 03/02/2015, 02:12 PM

yeah I guess a lot of it has to do with nostalgia. There was a time when I wanted a full snes set. Got to around 200 and realized I didnt want to play most of the crap staring at me from the shelf. I reduced it down to about 40 carts and was instantly happier.
true that. the n64 was a big part of my childhood so thats why i love collecting for it. i also love collecting the japanese n64 games. i'm planning to go for a cib turboset but you never know, i could always change my mind down the road. other than that, i only buy games i like for each system

PunkCryborg

cr8zykuban0

wait, yall talk smack about the n64 all day? :( super sad face

MrFlutterPie

Congratz dude on your set :)

N64 rocks!

Don't let the haters get you down.

SignOfZeta

We're not "haters" we just have taste. A complete library of N64 is a huge pile of garbage and a dozen decent games with maybe 4 legitimatly great ones. "Completeness" is more important than quality (or condition, or photography in this case) with some people and that is depressing.

The system with the highest ratio of good/bad is probably the Neo Geo. It only has like, I don't know, less than 150 games total and only like 10 that are bad. It's also one of my favorite systems of all time. Yet, I don't need to own Gowkaiser, ShinOKen, or Legend of Success Joe. They suck. I won't play them. I don't need them. 

It's not a matter of being a "hater", it's about having personal standards and not paying good money to fill your house with total fucking garbage. 

If you own Army Men or Chef's Luv Shack, some people are bound to pick on you for it. You're just going to have to deal with it.

Not to mention, the N64 is maybe the exact polar opposite of the PC Engine, and since this is a PC Engine site...someone's going to put a tack on your chair because you totally deserve it.
IMG

tknjin

I may not be the biggest N64 fan, but I remember some of the classics that I would enjoy at my neighbor's and cousin's house as a kid.  I think it is still an accomplishment to own an A-Z library of a console.  I say kudos to the poster.

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 03/03/2015, 07:33 PMNot to mention, the N64 is maybe the exact polar opposite of the PC Engine, and since this is a PC Engine site
All jokes aside I am interested in knowing how the N64 is the polar opposite of the mighty obey?  What is your criteria?

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 03/03/2015, 07:33 PMWe're not "haters" we just have taste. A complete library of N64 is a huge pile of garbage and a dozen decent games with maybe 4 legitimatly great ones. "Completeness" is more important than quality (or condition, or photography in this case) with some people and that is depressing.

The system with the highest ratio of good/bad is probably the Neo Geo. It only has like, I don't know, less than 150 games total and only like 10 that are bad. It's also one of my favorite systems of all time. Yet, I don't need to own Gowkaiser, ShinOKen, or Legend of Success Joe. They suck. I won't play them. I don't need them. 

It's not a matter of being a "hater", it's about having personal standards and not paying good money to fill your house with total fucking garbage. 

If you own Army Men or Chef's Luv Shack, some people are bound to pick on you for it. You're just going to have to deal with it.

Not to mention, the N64 is maybe the exact polar opposite of the PC Engine, and since this is a PC Engine site...someone's going to put a tack on your chair because you totally deserve it.
The Neo Geo is a great system to have, that arcade style is timeless.  But the N64 was such a dramatic hit to the Video Gaming world.  That system was great, but I have to admit I only played about 20 games for it.  The Bonds, Perfect Dark, All the Mario Themed Games, I really Like Robotron on it.  But all those Wrestling games and sports stuff I just don't care for.  Tony Hawk Skater is good.  Zelda 64 carries the system alone.
IMGIMGIMG

BlueBMW

Also... where are the butt pic?  Title said "big ASS pics"  so where they at?  And they better not be men.  Of course if they are then hailing would be thrilled...
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

esteban

Quote from: BlueBMW on 03/04/2015, 02:31 AMAlso... where are the butt pic?  Title said "big ASS pics"  so where they at?  And they better not be men.  Of course if they are then hailing would be thrilled...
Ditto. At this point, butt cleavage is mandatory.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

xcrement5x

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 03/03/2015, 07:33 PMNot to mention, the N64 is maybe the exact polar opposite of the PC Engine, and since this is a PC Engine site...someone's going to put a tack on your chair because you totally deserve it.
I would probably consider the original Xbox the exact polar opposite of the PCE.  Western made, big NA success, flopped hard in Japan, big library of US exclusives...
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

BrosephPCE

My reaction to this thread:

IMG

All jokes aside, good job. I'll never be able to not like the N64 because it's what I grew up with. Mario 64 and OoT were amazing to an imaginative 5 year old. Pretty much no one in my generation dislikes the N64. I had no idea it was hated until fairly recently.

SignOfZeta

Quote from: MrFlutterPie on 03/03/2015, 07:58 PM
Quote from: SignOfZeta on 03/03/2015, 07:33 PMNot to mention, the N64 is maybe the exact polar opposite of the PC Engine, and since this is a PC Engine site
All jokes aside I am interested in knowing how the N64 is the polar opposite of the mighty obey?  What is your criteria?
The PCE was based largely around and older family of chips so that it would be easy to make and develop for. It's fancy on one hand, but also classy and conservative. It has one of the most diverse and original game lineups of all time with developers of all shapes and sizes making games, many of which are not rated E for everyone. It has loads of actual RPGs, no Quest 64. It has loads of real fighting games, but not War Gods. The controller is boring but practical and reliable, not a lop-sided failure prone fork shaped thing designed for one game. The PCE was always a second or third place machine but had 800 games. There were half that many on N64 despite several being all time best sellers and the machine being in everyone's home. The games also cost nearly twice as much! One is quirky but solid diversity, one is a massive flop that could never hope to live up to the Silicon Graphics hype or the legacy of its predecessor.

Seriously, we Nintendo fans went from Final Fantasy VI and Super Street Figher to having essentially no real RPGs or 2D fighters. Overnight. That's what it mean to be a Nintendo fan in 1997. You were shit out of luck while all your Saturn and Playstation owning friends had Tengai Makyo, Fatal Fury, Street Figher Zero, and so many hundreds of RPGs its sick. Hudson made quite a few N64 games but...none come to mind as being much good except for the Mario Party series.

The PC Engine was like that a Honda Civic Type R that doesn't go very fast but is always up for some fun anywhere in any weather. The N64 was like a brand new top of the range Ferrari that sits in the garage all its life because nobody can afford the maintenance.

You 90s kids that say "you have to like it if you were a certain age"...bullshit. If everyone liked whatever was put in front of them there would be no punk rock, fuck, there wouldnt be rock period. If you got smacked in the head by your dad everyday when you were a kid would you scour eBay for that too? Have some fucking control over yourself. Don't be such a slave to reruns of Double Dare.

Full disclosure: I bought a US N64 day one, loved Mario 64 and I'm one of the biggest fans of Waverace you'll ever find. I'm also quite a fan of Nintendo stuff in general, lots of Mario and stuff around here, no question. Loved the Cube especially. However, the N64 is the worst console they ever made by a mile and a total waste.
IMG

CrackTiger

I also bought a N64 with Mario 64 around launch and still have lots of fun with that game which single handedly justfies the console for me.

But it will always be one of my least favorite libraries with one of the smallest number of games I enjoy. I got an Everdrive 64 hoping to change that and will give it another go once I have time for games again. But my last experience with the "legendary" titles the console is known for did not change anything for me.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

NecroPhile

If Mario 64 and Waverace are great, it can't be a total waste.

glazball

Grats bartre!  And I agree with others - forget the haters.  Enjoy your games.
glazball's game collection and wantlist

MrFlutterPie

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 03/04/2015, 01:32 PM
The PCE was based largely around and older family of chips so that it would be easy to make and develop for. It's fancy on one hand, but also classy and conservative. It has one of the most diverse and original game lineups of all time with developers of all shapes and sizes making games, many of which are not rated E for everyone. It has loads of actual RPGs, no Quest 64. It has loads of real fighting games, but not War Gods. The controller is boring but practical and reliable, not a lop-sided failure prone fork shaped thing designed for one game. The PCE was always a second or third place machine but had 800 games. There were half that many on N64 despite several being all time best sellers and the machine being in everyone's home. The games also cost nearly twice as much! One is quirky but solid diversity, one is a massive flop that could never hope to live up to the Silicon Graphics hype or the legacy of its predecessor.

Seriously, we Nintendo fans went from Final Fantasy VI and Super Street Figher to having essentially no real RPGs or 2D fighters. Overnight. That's what it mean to be a Nintendo fan in 1997. You were shit out of luck while all your Saturn and Playstation owning friends had Tengai Makyo, Fatal Fury, Street Figher Zero, and so many hundreds of RPGs its sick. Hudson made quite a few N64 games but...none come to mind as being much good except for the Mario Party series.

The PC Engine was like that a Honda Civic Type R that doesn't go very fast but is always up for some fun anywhere in any weather. The N64 was like a brand new top of the range Ferrari that sits in the garage all its life because nobody can afford the maintenance.

You 90s kids that say "you have to like it if you were a certain age"...bullshit. If everyone liked whatever was put in front of them there would be no punk rock, fuck, there wouldnt be rock period. If you got smacked in the head by your dad everyday when you were a kid would you scour eBay for that too? Have some fucking control over yourself. Don't be such a slave to reruns of Double Dare.

Full disclosure: I bought a US N64 day one, loved Mario 64 and I'm one of the biggest fans of Waverace you'll ever find. I'm also quite a fan of Nintendo stuff in general, lots of Mario and stuff around here, no question. Loved the Cube especially. However, the N64 is the worst console they ever made by a mile and a total waste. 
Thank you for a thoughtful response.  You make some great points. 

I grew up with an N64 and enjoyed it a lot but your comment about lack of fighters really hits home.  I never had a SNES so I missed out on the 1 vs 1 fighter craze which I loved.  I got ClayFighters 63 1/3 really early on and enjoyed it a lot but I would have preferred getting modern SF games like the Saturn got at the time.

Miracle_Warrior

Congrats on the achievement.  I enjoy Ocarina of Time and the wrestling games on the N64, but there was never enough on the console to keep me interested.  I always did want to give Paper Mario a fair shake; maybe someday.

SignOfZeta

Quote from: guest on 03/04/2015, 01:52 PMIf Mario 64 and Waverace are great, it can't be a total waste.
It isn't a total waste. Completing the entire run just because you were born in 1989 is fucking retarded though. 

Btw, Waverace on Cube superceeds the N64 totally, as great as it was. So really the N64 is worth it for one game, Mario 64...which honestly becomes a much better game if you play it on an emulator or even a DS...
IMG

wildfruit

I got one on release day and got totally pissed off the most it could do was composite. Looked like someone took a piss on the screen. Muddy shit. Y no rgb out the box"?? Rant over.

o.pwuaioc

Ogre Battle 64, Robotron 64, and Doom 64 are the real reasons to own a N64.

SignOfZeta

Robotron is a compelling argument...not so much the other two. I mean, Doom? Come on there isn't s better way to play Doom in 2015? I find that hard to beleive.

Regardless, this thread isn't about good games, it's about how great is is to own Daikagana, Superman, three different Army Men games, four different Turok games, and an absolute mountain of sports and wrestling garbage.

And now he's going to beat them all!
IMG

PCEngineHell

I really wanted to like the N64, but honestly its just a gimped system. They gave it some decent 3d power hampered by a really sluggish cpu, and the crap to good ratio of games just leans too heavily in the crap direction.

bartre

I'll openly admit that a lot of games on the 64 are garbage.
that said, I enjoy even those - I'll have buddies over and we'll have what equates to a shitty game night.

Zeta - Doom 64 is an original doom game for the 64, not just a port.

Hexen got the best port on the 64, iirc.

Turok is what proved that FPS games could be done on a console, and #2 is one of my favorites of any era.

other great N64 exclusives -
Bajo Kazooie/tooie
Chameleon Twist 1/2
Conkers (not for me, but most people seem to like it)
Goemon's Great Adventure
Goldeneye
Jet Force Gemini
Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon
Mischief Makers
Snowboard Kids 1/2
Space Station Silicon Valley

please note that i did not put anything made by nintendo on there.

PCEngineHell

For me on N64 these titles were the ones I liked the most:

Crusin USA and World
Top Gear Overdrive
Vigilante 8 2nd offense
MK4
KI Gold
BioFreaks
Mace The Dark Ages
SF Rush 2049
Gauntlet Legends
Mk Trilogy
Quake
WarGods
Star Soldier: Vanishing Earth
Resident Evil 2

Should mention my son likes these also on it:

Yoshi's Story
Mario 64
Paper Mario
both Zelda titles
Smash Bros
Doom
Rouge Squadron
Quake II

Bloufo

Quote from: bartre on 03/04/2015, 11:00 PMHexen got the best port on the 64, iirc.
If that what was the best port of that game I don't particularly want to sample the other ports.

Had the misfortune of playing that turd recently.
Went in blind so didn't have any previous thoughts on it.

The game looks awful. Even by N64 standards.
Controls are absolute balls. You can't hardly strafe for shit. Jumping off of ledges/whatever is a huge issue as well. You have no idea where your feet are at.

This is not a "fun" experience. :lol:

BlueBMW

ASS PICS

I love Banjo Kazooie btw...

NecroPhile

Quote from: bartre on 03/04/2015, 11:00 PMZeta - Doom 64 is an original doom game for the 64, not just a port.
Even if it were a port, Zeta's argument is fucking stupid.

SignOfZeta

IMG

esteban

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 03/04/2015, 01:32 PM

This was entertaining to read.

I think N64 has a bunch of fun games, but it certainly lacks the library of games that fit my tastes.

But, I don't hate/dislike N64...I was never committed to it, I never bought it at launch (but my brother did, thank goodness).

The only system that really frustrates me is the Jaguar....I really can't justify having one (I enjoyed Tempest, but that's not enough) so I gave it way ages ago. Talk about a weak library (and I really tried to squeeze some entertainment out of the "B" and "C" titles... But I feel that most games are "D" range of I was being honest).

So, considering my reference point (Jaguar, 3DO...but I won't go further off topic...), you'll understand why I'm not an N64 hater.

Carry on....
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG