The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
Main Menu

Your Daily Dose of Gaming.

Started by Ninja Spirit, 07/15/2005, 01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VenomMacbeth

I finally played all the way through Cadash on the TG-16 yesterday, and it's so interesting seeing the differences between the Turbo version and the Genesis/MD one.  I like the atmosphere of the MD version better, but the brighter colors of the turbo version are also appealing. The music is a mixed bag in both.  It's very hard to discern which one's better, but I think the TG-16 version wins simply for having all 4 characters from the arcade playable
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

geise

It has been over two decades since I played through Shining in the Darkness.  The past couple days that is all I have been playing.  I love it!  I think it's time to go through the whole Shining Series up to the Saturn stuff.  PS2 shining series makes me cry.

MrFlutterPie

Operation Logic Bomb.

Holy crap where have you been my whole life?  This game is awesome!

blueraven

PCE:

Ninja Ryukenden
MagiCAW Chase

oBey...

VenomMacbeth

Played some more Cadash today, as the Priestess.  That was fun, until I got to the forest level & got my ass handed to me by the giant worm.

Also played a little Silent Debuggers.  I'm figuring it out little by little, but damn things get intense when the aliens start invading the core blocks
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

wildfruit

Playing shantae and the pirate's curse 3ds. I like it. Definitely the best new game I've played for a while.
Boobs jiggle.

mackdanger

Been on a bit of an MVS kick lately. Mostly continuing to duke it out in Crossed Swords. Next month I will probably finally pick up Rondo, so the other stuff will definitely get put away for some time.
Check out "Skill Sets" my 1CC / No Death video series:
https://www.youtube.com/user/richardgalactic

xcrement5x

Quote from: wildfruit on 02/19/2015, 04:54 AMPlaying shantae and the pirate's curse 3ds. I like it. Definitely the best new game I've played for a while.
Boobs jiggle.
I really like the character designs in the Shantae games but I have yet to actually try one.  I should load up the GB one one my flash cart and try it someday.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

TR0N

Quote from: guest on 02/19/2015, 05:48 PM
Quote from: wildfruit on 02/19/2015, 04:54 AMPlaying shantae and the pirate's curse 3ds. I like it. Definitely the best new game I've played for a while.
Boobs jiggle.
I really like the character designs in the Shantae games but I have yet to actually try one.  I should load up the GB one one my flash cart and try it someday.
Id also highly suggest it as welll.Shantae and the pirates curse for 3DS&Wii U,for a 2D platfomer it's very well made.
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse - Wii U Trailer
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

VenomMacbeth

Shubibinman 2 (Shockman).

How can anyone say this is a bad game?  Sure, it gets pretty cheap at times, but hey...there's a cheat for that.  So far, it's one of the best action platformers I've played on the system.  And DAT SOUNDTRACK.  I wish you didn't have to beat the game to get to the sound test, cuz damn.  It seems just a little on the fast side, though...I'm willing to bet a lot of the songs would sound better if slowed down to, say, PAL speed.  The instrumentation is great, though.  It really shows the more FM side of the PCE's sound spectrum.  Now I'm kinda curious to play the other two games, but they seem more hack & slash in style than run & gun.

Also, Chase HQ.

This was reasonably fun.  I can't decide if I like the pseudo-3D effect better in this, or Outrun, but I do believe the latter is at least less choppy with the scaling.

It plays okay, though.  My only regret (and this applies to both of these games) is that I got the PCE versions & didn't hold out for a deal on the Turbo versions, as Chase HQ is really missing something without the "Gotcha, Nancy!" and such.  Then again, I'm not really willing to pay the ridiculous prices the Merican versions seem to go for.  It's a dark day for turbob shopping indeed.
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

PukeSter

How does Chase HQ compare to the Genny or SNES games?

roflmao

I've been tinkering with the patch functionality of the Retron 5. I recently received Super Famicom Final Fantasy V and Slayers and spent a good chunk of today playing an English translation of FFV. And my son and I have been playing a fair amount of an EarthBound fan hack called EquestriaBound (A My Little Pony hack :mrgreen:). Also, my wife and I have been playing a hacked version of Tetris on the NES; 2-player simultaneous play!

TR0N

PS4
Guilty Gear Xrd

Neo-Geo CMVS
Twinkle Star Sprites
Fatal Fury Special
IMG

munchiaz

3DS:
Fire emblem awakening. Trying to beat it before i start Monster hunter 4

esadajr

PCE: Kaze Kiri
Atari XE: Dig dug, Robotron 2084, Pole Position
PC: Sonic Unleashed generations hack
Gaming since 1985

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: esadajr on 03/06/2015, 11:50 AMPCE: Kaze Kiri
Atari XE: Dig dug, Robotron 2084, Pole Position
PC: Sonic Unleashed generations hack
I've been drooling over Kaze Kiri lately.  The gameplay looks repetitive, but that presentation is most excellent.  Also, any particular reason why all the redbook tracks sounds FM-style?
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

PukeSter

Today, I Beat Neutopia.
Also, I beat Mr Nutz on gameboy color. This is special for me, since I got to the final boss 8 years ago but never beat him.

Playing Zenki: Battle Raiden. Also might start Mega Turrican.

VenomMacbeth

Sat the baby down with me & played through the first three levels of Final Blaster mostly flawlessly, then it promptly whooped my ass thereafter. I've never made it that far so easily, though...
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

PukeSter

Did start Mega Turrican today. Also beat it.

An A+ game.

Barely did it on one continue too. I was on my last life when I beat the final boss.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 02/16/2015, 02:12 PMI finally played all the way through Cadash on the TG-16 yesterday, and it's so interesting seeing the differences between the Turbo version and the Genesis/MD one.  I like the atmosphere of the MD version better, but the brighter colors of the turbo version are also appealing. The music is a mixed bag in both.  It's very hard to discern which one's better, but I think the TG-16 version wins simply for having all 4 characters from the arcade playable
Why has the Genesis verson spiked so much?  Or has it always been a $100+ dollar game??

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 03/07/2015, 06:31 PM
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 02/16/2015, 02:12 PMI finally played all the way through Cadash on the TG-16 yesterday, and it's so interesting seeing the differences between the Turbo version and the Genesis/MD one.  I like the atmosphere of the MD version better, but the brighter colors of the turbo version are also appealing. The music is a mixed bag in both.  It's very hard to discern which one's better, but I think the TG-16 version wins simply for having all 4 characters from the arcade playable
Why has the Genesis verson spiked so much?  Or has it always been a $100+ dollar game??
I'm not sure.  I got my copy CIB at Pixels & Pawns for $26 last year, and even then loose copies were going for more than that.
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

roflmao

Last night I played through Ninja Spirit on the Express and I wanted to share a pic with you all, but my cellphone camera decided to be difficult:
/KgGM0sb0proVQAI3U9InzVRkTqWf65CuBdOI67J3jzo

So then I switched over to Double Dungeons and spent way too long trekking through one of the later levels.  I finally took a pic of the password so I can pick it up again later. :)
/lPN_280_T6bJFXq78aL0s42EzhuDTFPep87KUA8iFgw

xcrement5x

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 03/07/2015, 06:31 PM
Probably just demand, it used to be like a $25-30 game CIB regularly.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

cr8zykuban0

been playing virtual pro wrestling 2. great game but man, its hard beating the royal rumble to get to andre the giant! also been playing golden axe on pcengine. oh god lol the sound is terrible!

PCEngineHell

Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 03/09/2015, 03:09 PMalso been playing golden axe on pcengine. oh god lol the sound is terrible!
The sound is the least of its problems lol!

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 03/09/2015, 03:09 PMbeen playing virtual pro wrestling 2. great game but man, its hard beating the royal rumble to get to andre the giant! also been playing golden axe on pcengine. oh god lol the sound is terrible!
Blaspheka!  Golden Axe is only to be enjoyed on Sega consoles or arcade, son!
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 03/09/2015, 05:17 PM
Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 03/09/2015, 03:09 PMbeen playing virtual pro wrestling 2. great game but man, its hard beating the royal rumble to get to andre the giant! also been playing golden axe on pcengine. oh god lol the sound is terrible!
Blaspheka!  Golden Axe is only to be enjoyed on Sega consoles or arcade, son!
Seconded.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

VenomMacbeth

God I wish there was a port of Revenge (Return?) of Death Adder.  That is one sweet ass arcade game.
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

esadajr

Atari Xe: Comando
PS2: Gran Turismo 3
Gaming since 1985

geise

Sagaia on Genesis.  Yeah...still playing the feka.

TR0N

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 03/11/2015, 02:01 PMGod I wish there was a port of Revenge (Return?) of Death Adder.  That is one sweet ass arcade game.
Playable in mame,though i wish sega would release it again for psn with online play.
IMG

geise

Quote from: TR0N on 03/18/2015, 05:13 AM
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 03/11/2015, 02:01 PMGod I wish there was a port of Revenge (Return?) of Death Adder.  That is one sweet ass arcade game.
Playable in mame,though i wish sega would release it again for psn with online play.
MAME still has graphic issues with Revenge of Death Adder.  Use Modeler.  It's an old ass system 32 emulator.  Should work alright in win7.

poponon

Gynoug on genesis.. got to the last boss last night.. so close to beating it. Love this game

Rolling thunder 2 on genesis with gf. Loads of fun cooperating to find the best course of action and beat the level.  I wish the the other rolling thunder's were 2 player.

Think I might start shining force CD soon

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: poponon on 03/18/2015, 10:23 AMGynoug on genesis.. got to the last boss last night.. so close to beating it. Love this game

Rolling thunder 2 on genesis with gf. Loads of fun cooperating to find the best course of action and beat the level.  I wish the the other rolling thunder's were 2 player.

Think I might start shining force CD soon
Is the co-op on RT2 really good?  I've been looking for more games to play with the lady.
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

poponon

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 03/18/2015, 11:00 AMIs the co-op on RT2 really good?  I've been looking for more games to play with the lady.
Yes! It's wicked! It can get really tough and frustrating at parts though. It's fun figuring out exactly what to do at certain points of the level. I'd definitely recommend it

TR0N

Quote from: geise on 03/18/2015, 09:50 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 03/18/2015, 05:13 AM
MAME still has graphic issues with Revenge of Death Adder.  Use Modeler.  It's an old ass system 32 emulator.  Should work alright in win7.
Yeah mame has issue unless you have the arcade pcb itself.These days,sega isn't the same any more they couldn't be bother to port ga the revenge of death adder.
IMG

VenomMacbeth

Tried out Quake III Arena on the Dreamcast w/ keyboard and mouse, and I've gotta say, it's a lot of fun.  Looks really good, too.
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

poponon

Just 1cc'd gynoug !!!!!!! me right now:

IMG

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: poponon on 03/23/2015, 12:42 AMJust 1cc'd gynoug !!!!!!! me right now:

IMG
Gynoug is a beautiful, hideous game.  Congratulations.

And I saved that picture...not in the fap folder...
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

mackdanger

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 03/23/2015, 02:57 AMAnd I saved that picture...not in the fap folder...
Stop lyin.'

Anyway I have been playing Gaiares on the MegaDrive and some Dungeon Explorer on the PC Engine. Thinking about firing up the MVS tomorrow night for some 8 Man and Ninja Commando.

esteban

Quote from: mackdanger on 03/23/2015, 08:24 AM
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 03/23/2015, 02:57 AMAnd I saved that picture...not in the fap folder...
Stop lyin.'

Anyway I have been playing Gaiares on the MegaDrive and some Dungeon Explorer on the PC Engine. Thinking about firing up the MVS tomorrow night for some 8 Man and Ninja Commando.
I always had fun playing 8 Man and Ninja Commando.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

cr8zykuban0

i was able to play some games like winds of thunder, dracula x, gayvan , kiaidan 00 and metamor jupiter with sarumaru while having a game night at our local game store last night. looks like i have quite a bit of games i need to pick up!

blueraven

Addams Family (A LOT)
Psycho Chaser
Shubibinman 1
New Zealand Story

Obeyed 10 hours this week :D

cr8zykuban0

been playing some bootleg mortal kombat 2 on the super fami. ooooh yeah!

esadajr

- Sonic Unleashed generations mod
- The great American cross country race (Atari 8 bit)
Gaming since 1985

blueraven

mackdanger

I felt guilty for ignoring the Duo R as of late, so I fired it up and played some Valis IV. I need to hurry up and grab Rondo. Some YouTube hoarders must have been talking about it because the price shot up about thirty bucks.  :cry:

wildfruit

Started playing through Ys IV last night. Much grinding then tackled the spider looking boss in the mine. Field music is awesome.

TR0N

PS4
Bloodborne

Genesis
Android Assault:the japanese version

Yes while bloodborne isn't dark souls it's directed by hidetaka miyazaki.The game,has some of the souls series mechanics but different enough on it's own.
Bloodborne - Review
IMG

wildfruit

Smashed some more Ys IV tonight. Oh its good. Just beat the boss that looks like a floating suit of armour with fire in it.