OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Insertion marks

Started by Everblue, 04/14/2015, 10:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Everblue

I am about to get a White PC Engine and it is in a really, really, nice condition, which obviously I would like to keep that way. I was wondering, will it get scratched/get insertion marks after a while of changing games in the slot? Cheers!

Everblue

LOL ok ok. Funny. So, back on topic? :P

Dicer

Quote from: Everblue on 04/14/2015, 10:58 AMI am about to get a White PC Engine and it is in a really, really, nice condition, which obviously I would like to keep that way. I was wondering, will it get scratched/get insertion marks after a while of changing games in the slot? Cheers!
Eventually over Years and YEARS and YEARS yes, but I've rarely seen a OG PCE with heavy scuff marks...

Insert gently, she will thank you for it ;)

Otaking

Quote from: Dicer on 04/14/2015, 12:16 PM
Quote from: Everblue on 04/14/2015, 10:58 AMI am about to get a White PC Engine and it is in a really, really, nice condition, which obviously I would like to keep that way. I was wondering, will it get scratched/get insertion marks after a while of changing games in the slot? Cheers!
Eventually over Years and YEARS and YEARS yes, but I've rarely seen a OG PCE with heavy scuff marks...
+1, it would take a long, long time of regular playing for even mild wear occur.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

Gentlegamer

You don't want game equipment to be too pristine. It's meant to be used, not sit on a shelf as a museum piece.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

NecroPhile

I'd guess there's more risk from wear from your fingernails and cheeto dust than from the huey itself.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Otaking

Quote from: HardcoreOtaku on 04/14/2015, 12:29 PM
Quote from: Dicer on 04/14/2015, 12:16 PM
+1, it would take a long, long time of regular playing for even mild wear occur.
Just to clarify it would take a long time for wear to occur on the hardware, but not for the software.
Insertion marks will appear on the back of HuCards after regular use, nothing serious or damaging to the software though.
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

Everblue

Maybe I wasn't clear. I meant insertion marks on the console itself. For example this one has a few visible on the protruded lines running towards the cart slot.

IMG
OG: https://www.old-computers.com/museum/photos/nec_pc-engine_1s.jpg

Otaking

Quote from: Everblue on 04/14/2015, 01:12 PMMaybe I wasn't clear. I meant insertion marks on the console itself. For example this one has a few visible on the protruded lines running towards the cart slot.

IMG
That's what we mean too, wear to the HuCard slot where the card comes in contact with the console.
The above picture of the engine looks pretty grubby all over, I'm not convinced that discolouring on the ridges comes from inserting HuCards. It' probably just dirt that can be washed off, nothing permanent.

schweaty

start with the tip.  just to see how it feels.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Everblue on 04/14/2015, 01:12 PMMaybe I wasn't clear. I meant insertion marks on the console itself. For example this one has a few visible on the protruded lines running towards the cart slot.
Those lines belong there; they're molded into the plastic.  Like otaku said, those are just dirty.

Gredler

Everblue

Thanks for the answers AND the entertainment =)

SignOfZeta

Please get a grip. This shit does not matter.
IMG

Mercutio

Jesus. The last thing anyone who actually plays these needs is for these things to be treated like AES cartridges.

Opethian

there is a feeling of dirt
manual has pains
there is no box theory
IMG

NecroPhile

The saddest thing in the world is a huey without insertion marks, for it means that nobody's loved it.

Mercutio

Quote from: Opethian on 04/14/2015, 04:05 PMthere is a feeling of dirt
manual has pains
there is no box theory
There is a scratch.

technozombie

If it really matters that much get an everdrive and just leave it in. There, problem solved and you just saved a ton of money.

SignOfZeta

Quote from: Opethian on 04/14/2015, 04:05 PMthere is a feeling of dirt
manual has pains
there is no box theory
What is the one where they describe the item as "blue", meaning that it's been sun faded?
IMG

Everblue

Thanks for the haiku too! Nothing like starting the day with a poem dedicated to the PC Engine ;)

ClodBusted

Everblue

Funnily, console boxes and manuals I do not care for. But hey, if I am spending a pretty penny to get a nice looking system, what's the problem with trying to keep it in the same condition?