OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Your Daily Dose of Gaming.

Started by Ninja Spirit, 07/15/2005, 01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

munchiaz

Quote from: TR0N on 04/03/2015, 02:28 AMPS4
Bloodborne

Genesis
Android Assault:the japanese version

Yes while bloodborne isn't dark souls it's directed by hidetaka miyazaki.The game,has some of the souls series mechanics but different enough on it's own.
Bloodborne - Review
FUCCCCKKK, i want to play BloodBorne so badly. I just got back from traveling for work so i didn't pick it up. I leave for Japan on Monday so i dind't want to buy it, play it, and then have to stop and not be able to play it for 2 weeks. I'm not looking forward to my Japan trip ending, but i can't wait to be home and play BloodBorne

TR0N

Quote from: munchiaz on 04/03/2015, 05:52 PM
Quote from: TR0N on 04/03/2015, 02:28 AMPS4
Bloodborne

Genesis
Android Assault:the japanese version

Yes while bloodborne isn't dark souls it's directed by hidetaka miyazaki.The game,has some of the souls series mechanics but different enough on it's own.
Bloodborne - Review
FUCCCCKKK, i want to play BloodBorne so badly. I just got back from traveling for work so i didn't pick it up. I leave for Japan on Monday so i dind't want to buy it, play it, and then have to stop and not be able to play it for 2 weeks. I'm not looking forward to my Japan trip ending, but i can't wait to be home and play BloodBorne
Highly recommended just be warn it's controls are different from the souls series.Beside the fact,you have to use offense more then defense.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

cr8zykuban0

playing virtual pro wrestling 2 on the n64.  great wrestling game in my opinion. finally was able to unlock andre the giant after so many times trying and losing the 30 man battle royale. finally got his ass!

Sarumaru

Played some Valis III on the MD last night. The PCE version is still the definitive version though. I also played some Gunstar Super Heroes which I picked up at the Retro City. I have to say that I expected nothing less from Treasure, game is awesome.

cr8zykuban0

saru, did you pick up parodius from retro yet? if not, i'ma steal it!

esteban

Quote from: Sarumaru on 04/06/2015, 12:36 PMPlayed some Valis III on the MD last night. The PCE version is still the definitive version though. I also played some Gunstar Super Heroes which I picked up at the Retro City. I have to say that I expected nothing less from Treasure, game is awesome.
I don't like "waiting" in Gunstar Heroes...I wish that the "first" encounter with a boss/enemy/stage was dramatic, but that it could be "sped up" to make replay more fun....

UPDATE: I never even knew there was a GBA Gunstar SUPER HEROES... hot damn!
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Sarumaru on 04/06/2015, 12:36 PMPlayed some Valis III on the MD last night. The PCE version is still the definitive version though. I also played some Gunstar Super Heroes which I picked up at the Retro City. I have to say that I expected nothing less from Treasure, game is awesome.
If you like Gunstar Super Heroes, you'll love Treasure's Astro Boy on GBA. It's honestly my favorite Treasure developed game.
--DragonmasterDan

esteban

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 04/06/2015, 01:49 PM
If you like Gunstar Super Heroes, you'll love Treasure's Astro Boy on GBA. It's honestly my favorite Treasure developed game.
I never knew about the Gunstar GBA game. I did know about Astro Boy. Updated my prior post.

VenomMacbeth

Played a little bit of Dungeon Explorer II.  Emphasis on the "Dungeon" part.  I've been playing for 15 minutes and I've traversed, what, 3 dungeons?  4?

Anyway, the game is fun, but it's not too far ahead of the first one graphically, and I think the control is actually not as good.

Thankfully, the graphics are improved marginally & there's a lot more good conversation to have with the NPCs.  Also, I could just watch the cutscenes over and over.

ALSO, did anyone else notice that the orb of Ora looks suspiciously like the Lok-Nar from Heavy Metal?
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

wildfruit

More Ys 4. Ive now been turned into a little blue creature. hmm

NecroPhile

Quote from: wildfruit on 04/08/2015, 04:51 PMMore Ys 4. Ive now been turned into a little blue creature. hmm
Heh, we're at about the same spot.  He's a cute lil monster, but I like the one with a tuft of red hair from Ys II better.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esteban

Quote from: guest on 04/08/2015, 05:30 PM
Quote from: wildfruit on 04/08/2015, 04:51 PMMore Ys 4. Ive now been turned into a little blue creature. hmm
Heh, we're at about the same spot.  He's a cute lil monster, but I like the one with a tuft of red hair from Ys II better.
YESH,

Ys II's monster was better.

shawnji

I finally got around to finishing Hyrule Warriors yesterday evening after having set it aside for four months or something like that.  I've just played too many Dynasty Warriors titles and clones thereof to really enjoy the gameplay for more than a few hours at a time.

I enjoyed myself a lot more today by starting a new playthrough of Vagrant Story, which, coincidentally, may be my favorite game of all time.

blkodirty808

Currently on a Sega inspired slant mainly Genesis
Played some "Crossfire" a hybrid shooter of sorts kind of quirky and fun game with airwolf inspired artwork.

Keeping with Heli shooters Loving Twin Cobra kind of reminds me of Raiden with heli copters.

And finally Crackdown on the Genesis played it in the arcade back in the day and is surprisingly faithful to the arcade.

Sadly My Turbo Duo needs a audio recap so no Turbo gaming for me :( was just getting into Vasteel and Valis II.

esteban

Quote from: blkodirty808 on 04/10/2015, 02:46 AMCurrently on a Sega inspired slant mainly Genesis
Played some "Crossfire" a hybrid shooter of sorts kind of quirky and fun game with airwolf inspired artwork.

Keeping with Heli shooters Loving Twin Cobra kind of reminds me of Raiden with heli copters.

And finally Crackdown on the Genesis played it in the arcade back in the day and is surprisingly faithful to the arcade.

Sadly My Turbo Duo needs a audio recap so no Turbo gaming for me :( was just getting into Vasteel and Valis II.
OK, I, too enjoy the old skool flavor of Twin Cobra. When you have a chance (i.e. fix up your DUO!), check out  Kyukyoku Tiger (HuCARD)...of course, there are many other Toaplan games on PCE...

Daisenpuu (Twin Hawk) HuCARD, for example, has a similar setting/atmosphere to Twin Cobra...folks don't talk about it much here, but I like it.

I haven't played the Genesis version of Twin Cobra in a few years, but I enjoyed it (back in the day). It would be fun to do a comparison of the two (not that you have to).

Yes, Tiger Heli was a fave of mine. I think my brain was wired around it.

I remember Crossfire and Crackdown, but I haven't played them for years and years. Of the two, I would rather play Crackdown, if I had to choose. Ha!

blkodirty808

Sweet estaban glad to have another Twin Cobra and Tiger Heli fan :D. I just like the style of play tough as nails dodging and you die because it was your mistake not too much the game. Got to try tiger hawk sometime and compare the too I'm sure the PC Engine sounds better than the Genesis sound but I really like the Genesis sound of Twin Cobra. Curious Estaban is the NES version of Twin Cobra any good I have the game but fear that I might be let down.

If you into Heli Copter shooters I also on occasion play Firepower 2000 on the Snes and Silkworm on the NES I always pick the Copter. But your right when my Turbo gets fixed going to try out your suggestions and also play Raiden Super CD and HellFire CD on the PC Engine CD side of things both with pretty awesome soundtracks.

esteban

Quote from: blkodirty808 on 04/10/2015, 08:20 PMSweet estaban glad to have another Twin Cobra and Tiger Heli fan :D. I just like the style of play tough as nails dodging and you die because it was your mistake not too much the game. Got to try tiger hawk sometime and compare the too I'm sure the PC Engine sounds better than the Genesis sound but I really like the Genesis sound of Twin Cobra. Curious Estaban is the NES version of Twin Cobra any good I have the game but fear that I might be let down.

If you into Heli Copter shooters I also on occasion play Firepower 2000 on the Snes and Silkworm on the NES I always pick the Copter. But your right when my Turbo gets fixed going to try out your suggestions and also play Raiden Super CD and HellFire CD on the PC Engine CD side of things both with pretty awesome soundtracks.
I love Tiger Heli NES but I don't think I played Twin Cobra NES much. I must have rented it, but I know I never owned it.

Raiden CD adds TWO EXTRA LEVELS (exclusive to PCE) and, IMHO, a nice soundtrack. IT IS NOT A KICK-YOUR-FACE sort of affair, but once you accept it (symphonic elegance), it actually is quite nice. I have heard the standard songs SO MANY TIMES that I probably just needed something different to be happy :)

To be honest, Raiden still kicks my butt. It took me years and years before I beat it... I still choke when I get to the last few stages.

VenomMacbeth

Raiden irks me, because there's nothing about that game that makes it wholly unique...except for the music, with its awesome sampled drum tones.  There is no home port that properly replicates the game (music) in an unadulterated manner.  Not even Raiden Project.
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

PukeSter

Finally started Call of Duty: World at War. The Wii version since it's the only one I have.

Also, I started it because it's the only COD that came out after COD 4 that I haven't beaten yet. And for Black Ops 3 hype.

It's pretty good so far. The destruction is insane too, and it's the only COD I've played that has a flamethrower (rather disturbing weapon).

esteban

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 04/11/2015, 05:26 PMRaiden irks me, because there's nothing about that game that makes it wholly unique...except for the music, with its awesome sampled drum tones.  There is no home port that properly replicates the game (music) in an unadulterated manner.  Not even Raiden Project.
I just think of Raiden as Tiger Heli Mark II ;)

I'm happy with that.

wildfruit

Quote from: guest on 04/08/2015, 05:30 PM
How you getting along?  I just beat the boss guy (again) in the ruins of no return. Took me quite a few tries though.

NecroPhile

Quote from: wildfruit on 04/13/2015, 04:41 PMHow you getting along?  I just beat the boss guy (again) in the ruins of no return. Took me quite a few tries though.
I'm just after the two gargoyles in the gold city.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Otaking

Just finished Whirlo on the SNES.  :D
I've always adored Xandra no Daibouken on the Super Famicom but never finished it as parts I couldn't get through because of the Japanese language barrier. The game had an English translated Pal release under the title Whirlo but back in the day I wasn't aware of this as I only bought imported games and didn't follow Pal region releases. I just played through this Pal version of the game so I could get through the parts I couldn't before. I must say though the Japanese to English translation is awful, it doesn't hinder the game play, just the story is a bit garbled. 

Anyways overall the game is a hidden gem and I feel is highly underrated. It has great platforming utilising various jump techniques, some puzzles, some minor RPGish elements and a few mini side quests. Also you regularly get choices for what appears to be branching paths in the story line.
I say its a hidden gem as the game seems to get mediocre review scores and I don't think it deserves this. I would agree that the game is very hard though and it has a one hit death, but it makes it all the more rewarding when you progress.
http://videogameden.com/sfc/reviews/san.htm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

esteban

Quote from: HardcoreOtaku on 04/14/2015, 07:15 PMJust finished Whirlo on the SNES.  :D
I've always adored Xandra no Daibouken on the Super Famicom but never finished it as parts I couldn't get through because of the Japanese language barrier. The game had an English translated Pal release under the title Whirlo but back in the day I wasn't aware of this as I only bought imported games and didn't follow Pal region releases. I just played through this Pal version of the game so I could get through the parts I couldn't before. I must say though the Japanese to English translation is awful, it doesn't hinder the game play, just the story is a bit garbled. 

Anyways overall the game is a hidden gem and I feel is highly underrated. It has great platforming utilising various jump techniques, some puzzles, some minor RPGish elements and a few mini side quests. Also you regularly get choices for what appears to be branching paths in the story line.
I say its a hidden gem as the game seems to get mediocre review scores and I don't think it deserves this. I would agree that the game is very hard though and it has a one hit death, but it makes it all the more rewarding when you progress.
With a name like "Whirlo" .... Jesus, what a horrible name.

Otaking

Quote from: esteban on 04/14/2015, 07:18 PM
Quote from: HardcoreOtaku on 04/14/2015, 07:15 PMJust finished Whirlo on the SNES.  :D

With a name like "Whirlo" .... Jesus, what a horrible name.
Whirlo had 'tude.  :D
IMG
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

esteban

Quote from: HardcoreOtaku on 04/14/2015, 07:29 PM
Quote from: esteban on 04/14/2015, 07:18 PMWith a name like "Whirlo" .... Jesus, what a horrible name.
Whirlo had 'tude.  :D
IMG
Noooooo! That's unacceptable.

poponon

the matching part is easy enough in the japanese part if you know what you're looking for. i'll take it over the 50Hz pal  "Whirlo" version any day.

But yeah, I agree this is one of the top platformers of 4th generation . People dismiss it way too easily because of the difficulty . gitgud

Otaking

Quote from: poponon on 04/15/2015, 12:08 AMthe matching part is easy enough in the japanese part if you know what you're looking for. i'll take it over the 50Hz pal  "Whirlo" version any day.
For any non Japanese speakers personally I would suggest playing the rom of Whirlo in an emulator.
It appears to me to play full screen and 60Hz speed in the zsnes emulator.
That way you get the full story, although translated badly it is still an integral part of the game.

esadajr

Chiki Chiki Machine Mou Race (Wacky Races)
Gaming since 1985

CPTBadAss

Been playing Earthbound Restored :D.
Maximum Output. Activate the pit.

mackdanger

Hopped between Mutation Nation (MVS), Midnight Resistance (MD), and Gaiares (MD). I think tomorrow I want to jam out on some Ninja Spirit.
Check out "Skill Sets" my 1CC / No Death video series:
https://www.youtube.com/user/richardgalactic

wildfruit

Still on Ys IV . Now up to Lafance's tomb. What a great game.

VenomMacbeth

I played Guardian Legend for awhile.  I got farther than I ever managed to before (last I'd played it, I wasn't very experienced with shooties).  I'm kind of disappointed with how repetitive some of the graphics & enemies are, but it still looks better than LoZ & I got a good bit farther in Guardian Legend.

Also, the lady finally put down Gomola Speed in favor of facing off against me in Tengen Tetris.  One of these days, after some relationship counseling, I think we'll be able to take on the co-op mode. :P
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

esteban

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 04/18/2015, 12:17 PMI played Guardian Legend for awhile.  I got farther than I ever managed to before (last I'd played it, I wasn't very experienced with shooties).  I'm kind of disappointed with how repetitive some of the graphics & enemies are, but it still looks better than LoZ & I got a good bit farther in Guardian Legend.

Also, the lady finally put down Gomola Speed in favor of facing off against me in Tengen Tetris.  One of these days, after some relationship counseling, I think we'll be able to take on the co-op mode. :P
Ha! My wife is very competitive. She claims to be otherwise, but... :)

CPTBadAss

Really enjoying some Sidearm tonight :D

PukeSter

Quote from: CPTBadAss on 04/18/2015, 11:47 PMReally enjoying some Sidearm tonight :D
So hard, yet so rewarding. Still easier than R-Type.

Here's some tips.

Don't die. I'm not joking when I say this.

Shotgun is best weapon. Unlike the arcade version, the shotgun in the pce port destroys bullets.

The Auto fire power up is good for the worms.

SamIAm

What the fuck?

I played Dodonpachi Saidaioujou for the first time in...5 months? And I got a new high score. Beat my old one by 20%, and that one was not won without blood, sweat and tears. I hadn't broken it in many, many tries after it.

On one hand, I feel great to get a new high score, but on the other, I'm thinking that I just must be approaching the game wrong for this to happen. This probably implies the same for other action games, too.

Does this happen to anyone else?

poponon

This sort of thing happens to me too. I blame it on focusing way too hard on individual small things when playing a game over and over. Then when you come back after a while alot of those small things just become subconscious. Also playing other similar games in the meantime helps .. especially for bullet hell

CPTBadAss

Quote from: guest on 04/19/2015, 10:40 PM
Quote from: CPTBadAss on 04/18/2015, 11:47 PMReally enjoying some Sidearm tonight :D

Here's some tips.

Shotgun is best weapon. Unlike the arcade version, the shotgun in the pce port destroys bullets.

I found that out the hard way. If I die once I wipe as soon as I respawn ugh!

And I'm glad it's not just me. I thought it was hard but I couldn't figure out if it was me or the game in general lol.

I do like the shotgun. But there's a shotgun that shoots yellow balls and red balls. I definitely prefer the yellow one! Especially paired with the robot that attached to you and let's you shoot in like 8 directions.

So addicting haha

esteban

Quote from: CPTBadAss on 04/20/2015, 06:41 AM
Quote from: guest on 04/19/2015, 10:40 PM

Here's some tips.

I found that out the hard way. If I die once I wipe as soon as I respawn ugh!

And I'm glad it's not just me. I thought it was hard but I couldn't figure out if it was me or the game in general lol.

I do like the shotgun. But there's a shotgun that shoots yellow balls and red balls. I definitely prefer the yellow one! Especially paired with the robot that attached to you and let's you shoot in like 8 directions.

So addicting haha
I think that is the "Alpha" power-up and it is awesome. :)

roflmao

I also picked up Gunstar Super Heroes a few weeks ago! It's awesome! I was talking about it w/ Dragonmaster Dan at MGC and he recommended Astro Boy to me.  I found Astro Boy at a local game shop so I'm planning on swinging by tomorrow to pick it up. :)

Last weekend I got completely absorbed into Elder Scrolls Online for the PC.  They gave me a free weekend pass because I played during beta but never picked it up. It was honestly pretty bad when it launched, but I couldn't stop playing it this weekend! OMG, it's gorgeous, even on my 8 yr old computer. Gameplay still feels closer to WoW than Skyrim, but it's very story based and I didn't encounter a single "collect x number of y and come back to me" type quests. I wish I could have been able to play for a longer period of time so I could have checked out PVP and group co-op (raid?) type stuff but I didn't get very far...

It has come a long way in a year and now I don't want to buy it because I'm afraid I'd play it too much.

I also recently picked up a PS1 Pinball game called Pro Pinball: Fantastic Journey.  It's frustratingly addictive.

CPTBadAss

Quote from: guest on 04/21/2015, 12:56 AMI also picked up Gunstar Super Heroes a few weeks ago! It's awesome!
I've been playing that as well :D. I really enjoy it.

PukeSter

CPTBadAss, it's still okay to use all your continues on the final boss. :)

Crazy hard.

I used to own SideArms Special but I found that game to be harder, and the pace seemed slower. I never beat it. I did like that the new bosses were from concept art for the original game though.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 04/21/2015, 12:56 AMI also picked up Gunstar Super Heroes a few weeks ago! It's awesome! I was talking about it w/ Dragonmaster Dan at MGC and he recommended Astro Boy to me.  I found Astro Boy at a local game shop so I'm planning on swinging by tomorrow to pick it up. :)
Is this place's initials V and S? 

That's right Victoria's Secret :P
--DragonmasterDan

esteban

I was worried my SCD was going to show sign of bad caps or gear damage... But it worked flawlessly last night (thank god):

MotoRoader MC
HyperNova Blast
Cho Aniki

Saint Dragon
Psychochaser
Hanii in the Sky
Gomola Speed

munchiaz

I finally started playing bloodborne last night. Ive only put like 30 minutes into so far though. Also i picked up a Japanese new 3ds while in Japan, and i have been playing the demo for the new DBZ fighting game, extreme buotendan. Its pretty awesome so far.

roflmao

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 04/21/2015, 01:11 PM
Quote from: guest on 04/21/2015, 12:56 AMI also picked up Gunstar Super Heroes a few weeks ago! It's awesome! I was talking about it w/ Dragonmaster Dan at MGC and he recommended Astro Boy to me.  I found Astro Boy at a local game shop so I'm planning on swinging by tomorrow to pick it up. :)
Is this place's initials V and S? 

That's right Victoria's Secret :P
Yep, totally! The Overland Park location has it for $10 and after looking it up on the bay, that's not a bad price for it. I still haven't made it out there to grab it... maybe tomorrow.

esadajr

last night Joe Montana 2 Sports Talk football and Street Fighter 2
Gaming since 1985

TR0N

PS4
Bloodborne

Wii U
Mario Kart 8

Well the 2nd dlc for mario kart 8 is out now,more tracks and extra characters.Plus the 200cc has been been added for free.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Digi.k

pce - Valkyrie no Densetsu - really is money's worth for a hucard.