OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

CJamesLV 3D Printing Thread

Started by cjameslv, 04/19/2015, 02:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

esteban

OK, I don't want to get into any drama. So, here is some feedback:

(1) I like this tray. It's fun.
(2) The new design is 100% better than the prior one :)
(3) Is this a practical, long-term solution for storage? No. But if you are playing a bunch of games this weekend, or over the next week, there's no shame in using this as  convenient "on deck" storage as you swap games (I swap games a lot). I usually use a plastic bin or coffee mug as my temporary "holder"...at any given time, I have 3-6 games plus 1-3 system cards I want easy access to.
(4) I am not the typical use case, perhaps, but I can't be the only one who does this!
(5) If a person kept this tray on a shelf, out of direct sunlight, with a lid/cover...I think it would be OK for long term storage.

Anyway, I think this tray is fun.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Dicer

I love the tray, is clear printing even possible yet?

Anyway good stuff, keep printing...I has an idea for a replaceable OG PCE case at some point, how does this stuff hold up to screws and the like?

Hopefully my ED cover shows up today, damn slow ass postal service...lol

Keep on keepin on.

cjameslv

Quote from: esteban on 05/02/2015, 12:24 PMOK, I don't want to get into any drama. So, here is some feedback:

(1) I like this tray. It's fun.
(2) The new design is 100% better than the prior one :)
(3) Is this a practical, long-term solution for storage? No. But if you are playing a bunch of games this weekend, or over the next week, there's no shame in using this as  convenient "on deck" storage as you swap games (I swap games a lot). I usually use a plastic bin or coffee mug as my temporary "holder"...at any given time, I have 3-6 games plus 1-3 system cards I want easy access to.
(4) I am not the typical use case, perhaps, but I can't be the only one who does this!
(5) If a person kept this tray on a shelf, out of direct sunlight, with a lid/cover...I think it would be OK for long term storage.

Anyway, I think this tray is fun.
Hey don't worry about drama, if you like it you like it  :dance:  I appreciate your feedback, and yeah i think its great to hold some games to have at the ready. It's unique and like mg said it kind of reminds me of an old school rolodex cause you can flip through them! I'll be putting these up for sale today too.

Quote from: Dicer on 05/02/2015, 02:12 PMI love the tray, is clear printing even possible yet?

Anyway good stuff, keep printing...I has an idea for a replaceable OG PCE case at some point, how does this stuff hold up to screws and the like?

Hopefully my ED cover shows up today, damn slow ass postal service...lol

Keep on keepin on.
Of course i'll keep printing, thanks glad you like it :D Just ignore prof he has no effect anything i do. Yes i can print clear but its more like a translucent when it dries than a transparent. I have a translucent blue filament which is pretty awesome too that i might try making a few things in. I hope it shows up today too, i shipped to a few people at same time and cpt just got his stuff today so i know my shipments are on their way.

cjameslv

blueraven

I have all of my loose hueys in a stack, as space is a major issue where I live.

This would prevent me from shuffling them like deck of cards while blasting RUSH..  :mrgreen:

Dicer

My cover finally came in today, got dang post was slow as shit getting it here...
Fits as snug as a bug in a rug, would love to devise some sort of reset button cover so you could click it with the door... maybe a spring or something, I'll tinker

IMG

Wizard2694

Would you be able to contact me about one of these? I would like a black one with letters. please email me at wizard2694@hotmail.com

cjameslv

Quote from: Dicer on 05/06/2015, 08:51 PMMy cover finally came in today, got dang post was slow as shit getting it here...
Fits as snug as a bug in a rug, would love to devise some sort of reset button cover so you could click it with the door... maybe a spring or something, I'll tinker

IMG
Looks Great! What kind of sticker you got planned to put on it?

Dicer

Quote from: cjameslv on 05/06/2015, 09:48 PM
Quote from: Dicer on 05/06/2015, 08:51 PMMy cover finally came in today, got dang post was slow as shit getting it here...

IMG
Looks Great! What kind of sticker you got planned to put on it?
I don't quite know yet, maybe I'll be something custom drawn...need to fiddle a bit.

CPTBadAss

Not to derail the thread or anything, but if you need someone to print you a sticker for cheap, let me know. I've got access to a vinyl printer and the place doesn't charge much to use the printer.
Maximum Output. Activate the pit.

Dicer

Quote from: CPTBadAss on 05/06/2015, 10:49 PMNot to derail the thread or anything, but if you need someone to print you a sticker for cheap, let me know. I've got access to a vinyl printer and the place doesn't charge much to use the printer.
If I come up with something badass enough, certainly...

Edit: rough idea of where i am headed

IMG

or I just did this

IMG

SmokeMonster

Great prices for the TED covers. This is about half of the cost of printing them yourself using the cheapest 3D printing service.

cjameslv

*Updates 5/20: Ran out on filament last week but just received a nice big order in of PLA & ABS today. If you have an order pending it will be printed and going out this week! Between here, na forums and craigslist i had no idea so many people wanted stuff made. I been making everything from game stuff to vape boxes.

PLA Colors:
White
Green
Black
Blue
Yellow
Red-Orange
Translucent Blue
Translucent Red
Translucent Orange

ABS
Black
Red-Orange (does anyone make an actual red??)
Yellow
Blue-Green