The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

esadajr

Quote from: NightWolve on 04/23/2015, 12:09 AMIs hard to believe Nulltard really did go as far as making merchandise (cups, hats, etc.) with "DoxPhile" labeling on 'em. ;)
I'll get a hat
Gaming since 1985

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

wildfruit

I picked up langrisser and xanadu.
The xanadu has a second disc in the case marked sample. I presume it was for shops or journalists

xcrement5x

Quote from: wildfruit on 04/29/2015, 08:52 PMI picked up langrisser and xanadu.
The xanadu has a second disc in the case marked sample. I presume it was for shops or journalists
Sounds neat!  Pics?
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

SuperPlay

I supported the kickstarter for: Commodore Amiga: a visual Compendium book

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2146199819/commodore-amiga-a-visual-commpendium?ref=nav_searc

and it has arrived this week  :D

Book and Slipcase:

IMG

Goodies

IMG

wildfruit

Quote from: guest on 04/30/2015, 10:57 AM
Quote from: wildfruit on 04/29/2015, 08:52 PMI picked up langrisser and xanadu.
Sounds neat!  Pics?
Here you go, sample on the right. I havent been able to glean too much info about it so far.

IMG

NecroPhile

Based on the catalog number (HE4002), that's a sample of the taikenban disc not of the regular game.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

xcrement5x

Thanks for sharing, that is a funky one.  I wonder if Kisaku knows anything about it, he is the PCE Sample Copy archivist as far as I know.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Opethian

I have the taikenban disc. pretty neat you have a sample copy of a demo disc lol
IMG

Medic_wheat

Quote from: SuperPlay on 04/30/2015, 01:45 PMI supported the kickstarter for: Commodore Amiga: a visual Compendium book

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2146199819/commodore-amiga-a-visual-commpendium?ref=nav_searc

and it has arrived this week  :D

Book and Slipcase:

IMG

Goodies

IMG
That is cool there are so many interesting kickstartes
It is hard to keep track let alone contribute to them all lol.

aslbozz

I picked up a PS1 copy of Lunar 2,should have the Saturn versions of both games soon as well. Also got an import copy of HotD 2 for Dreamcast and a boxed copy of Final Fantasy IV on the GBA.

Digi.k

had to grab a new stereo receiver today.  The old Marantz PM 66SE was dropping the right audio which was bugging me and that also included listening through headphones.

Denon PMA520AE so I can listen and play the pc engine chip tunes while hooked up to a sound system :P

/3d5dc5060c32d976c13dafa34a236de8.jpg
/P1020527.jpg

SuperDeadite

Been searching for this one for over 3 years now.  :)

IMG
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

bartre

not a purchase, I sold my blast today :/

zpsxgmqwtwl.jpg

BlueBMW

Way cool Super D. I know you were talking about that one for a while.

Sad day Bartre but sometimes you do what you must.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

jeffhlewis

Bartre: Dammit...still have the Neo?

bartre

yeah, i still got the neo.

it's not a money thing, it's more so i can move more easily, come june.

xcrement5x

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 05/03/2015, 09:53 AMBeen searching for this one for over 3 years now.  :)

IMG
That cover looks pretty awesome!  Google says that it's an action game? 

SuperDeadite

Quote from: guest on 05/03/2015, 05:55 PM
Quote from: SuperDeadite on 05/03/2015, 09:53 AMBeen searching for this one for over 3 years now.  :)

IMG
Yeah it's kinda of a cross between Tower of Druaga and Gals Panic with boss fights if that makes any sense lol.  Music is quite enjoyable too.

vmorr

Some pickups at a swap meet today:

/2n9goi0.jpg

esteban

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 05/03/2015, 08:53 PM

IMG
Yeah it's kinda of a cross between Tower of Druaga and Gals Panic with boss fights if that makes any sense lol.  Music is quite enjoyable too.
Jesus Christ I wish I could sneak into superdeadite's apt. and play all his games when he was sleeping.

Yes, I know that sounds demented.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

SuperDeadite

Quote from: esteban on 05/04/2015, 07:56 PM

IMG
Jesus Christ I wish I could sneak into superdeadite's apt. and play all his games when he was sleeping.

If you visit, you are welcome to play, no need to sneak.

esteban

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 05/05/2015, 05:08 AM

IMG

Hahahhahahajja. :)

munchiaz

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 05/05/2015, 05:08 AM

IMG

Is the offer open to me as wel ?_?

Warbucks

Went to a community yard sale.

This lot was for $5
COD Modern Warfare 3 (360)
COD Black Ops (360)
COD Black Ops 2 (360)

This lot was for $5
Gameboy Color Amazing condition
Legend of Zelda DX
Catherine (xbox 360)

This lot was for $5
Scribblenauts (DS)
Super Scribblenauts (DS)
Luigi's Mansion (3DS)

This was also for $5
Wii system complete in box with wii sports

I call it the $5 weekend

cr8zykuban0

its been a while since i posted my finds but this is all the stuff from within the past month.

picked up 2 cib systems for the collection from my favorite local game store.
IMG
IMG

also got a nice neo and turbo cd bundle. the turbo games special thanks to arkhan! and the neo cd games were from a buddy of mine
IMG

CPTBadAss

I finally picked up a CRT TV to enjoy all my old consoles on. I've been playing on this monitor with a TN panel I have which has television and computer hookups. Extremely convenient but I really didn't like how the picture quality was. TN panels aren't ideal for TG16 or SNES. Scored a 19" Samsung CRT in good condition for $1 at the thrift store. I was having issues finding that size; I have to have something smaller since I don't have a very big apartment.
Maximum Output. Activate the pit.

xcrement5x

I had gotten this about a month ago in some slowboat stuff but someone else on another forum wanted to see what I was talking about so I put something together.  Figured I would share here too:

IMG
Sega Mega Drive Notebook by xcrement5x, on Flickr

This is a little Sega Mega Drive Notebook that I picked up with a bundle of stuff from Japan.  The copy of Langrisser is in there just to give a feeling of the size. 

It's softbound style and all the pages have that MD outline on them like you can see in the lower part of the image.  It's a neat little thing, only cost me a couple bucks when I found it. 

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: CPTBadAss on 05/07/2015, 09:10 AMI finally picked up a CRT TV to enjoy all my old consoles on. I've been playing on this monitor with a TN panel I have which has television and computer hookups. Extremely convenient but I really didn't like how the picture quality was. TN panels aren't ideal for TG16 or SNES. Score a 19" Samsung CRT in good condition for $1 at the thrift store. I was having issues finding that size; I have to have something smaller since I don't have a very big apartment.
damn,  a crt for a buck? that's awesome! I was able to get about a 19 inch from a nephew of mine for free since they were throwing it out. I actually havent seen any crt tvs in the goodwills in my area at all now that I think about it

dingsbums

New (and repaired) PCB's  :)

IMG
IMG
IMG

"Ring of Destruction" looked like this before  :| .
IMG

esteban

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 05/07/2015, 03:32 PMdamn,  a crt for a buck? that's awesome! I was able to get about a 19 inch from a nephew of mine for free since they were throwing it out. I actually havent seen any crt tvs in the goodwills in my area at all now that I think about it
Back when Goodwill's were actively taking them as donations in my area (ended December of last year but I've seen a few sneak in) they were frequently priced at .49 - 1.99
--DragonmasterDan

CPTBadAss

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 05/07/2015, 08:26 PM
Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 05/07/2015, 03:32 PMdamn,  a crt for a buck? that's awesome! I was able to get about a 19 inch from a nephew of mine for free since they were throwing it out. I actually havent seen any crt tvs in the goodwills in my area at all now that I think about it
Back when Goodwill's were actively taking them as donations in my area (ended December of last year but I've seen a few sneak in) they were frequently priced at .49 - 1.99
I was so happy to find the TV! Especially since like DragonmasterDan said, a lot of thrift stores are now no longer accepting TVs for some reason. I think that store was selling CRT TVs from $0.29 to $3.99. And the smallest size was 17". :D

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: CPTBadAss on 05/07/2015, 08:53 PMI was so happy to find the TV! Especially since like DragonmasterDan said, a lot of thrift stores are now no longer accepting TVs for some reason. I think that store was selling CRT TVs from $0.29 to $3.99. And the smallest size was 17". :D
I'm sure the reason is this, at .49-1.99 they're not making much money by selling them. They're heavy, and if they get one and it's DOA or returned as broken the cost of disposing of it is way higher than the profit made on selling them.
--DragonmasterDan

Warbucks

Goodwill is getting smart to making money now.
They are selling electronics for more money now (at least by me).

sirhcman

Quote from: Warbucks on 05/08/2015, 08:54 AMGoodwill is getting smart to making money now.
I've noticed its almost at the discretion of each location and who is pricing things

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Warbucks on 05/08/2015, 08:54 AMGoodwill is getting smart to making money now.
The 9.99 Pioneer Blu-Ray player with remote I picked up at one a few months back tells me you can still find excellent deals on electronics there.  With that said, Goodwill's pricing seems to vary from store to store and even more widly from region to region.
--DragonmasterDan

sirhcman

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 05/08/2015, 09:20 AM
The 9.99 Pioneer Blu-Ray player with remote I picked up at one a few months back tells me you can still find excellent deals on electronics there.  With that said, Goodwill's pricing seems to vary from store to store and even more widly from region to region.
I was in one store recently and the girl checking out got pissed at the people in the back for overpricing some items to put in the glass case. It was just some pairs of Sony headphones but she was complaining at how the pricers at her store keep putting too high of a price on certain things. She took them to the back to be re-priced at a lower value.

xcrement5x

Quote from: guest on 05/08/2015, 09:24 AM
Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 05/08/2015, 09:20 AM
I was in one store recently and the girl checking out got pissed at the people in the back for overpricing some items to put in the glass case. It was just some pairs of Sony headphones but she was complaining at how the pricers at her store keep putting too high of a price on certain things. She took them to the back to be re-priced at a lower value.
I do not go to Salvation Army/Goodwill near me and instead go to local thrifts.  Some are hit and miss but there are a couple that are consistently realistic in their pricing.  They realize that if something doesn't sell after 4 weeks they are just going to toss it anyway and would rather make some money than gouge.  That's also the reason why I donate my own items to them regularly. 

jeffhlewis

The Goodwills by us are ridiculous...anything that's remotely of value gets put in the glass case with an inflated price tag. The 10,000 copies of Madden 200X, Guitar Hero and Barbie Horse Adventure get put on the bookshelf with the DVDs. Last year I saw a $25 copy of Mario/Duck Hunt loose.

CRTs were about the only things that kept me going back to Goodwill, and unfortunately that's gone as well.

I've actually had much better luck with Church-affiliated thrifts like St. Vincent and small local ones. My best (and just about only) haul ever was a demo kiosk Yoshi's Island cart, Crystalis for the NES, and 4 NES Color Dreams carts, all for like $5.

sirhcman

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 05/08/2015, 03:36 PMThe Goodwills by us are ridiculous...anything that's remotely of value gets put in the glass case with an inflated price tag. The 10,000 copies of Madden 200X, Guitar Hero and Barbie Horse Adventure get put on the bookshelf with the DVDs. Last year I saw a $25 copy of Mario/Duck Hunt loose.

CRTs were about the only things that kept me going back to Goodwill, and unfortunately that's gone as well.

I've actually had much better luck with Church-affiliated thrifts like St. Vincent and small local ones. My best (and just about only) haul ever was a demo kiosk Yoshi's Island cart, Crystalis for the NES, and 4 NES Color Dreams carts, all for like $5.
Sounds about like here.. $35 SMB 3, Madden's by the dozen on the dvd/media shelf..

St Vincent De Paul's here have literally no gaming stuff that I ever come across :(

CPTBadAss

Hmm so I scored at a local thrift store but I've had luck at St Vincent de Paul too. Scored GTA Vice City for $2 and a Sony Walkman cassette player for $8 NOS. But it's weird because the same store I bought the TV at was trying to sell a Sony PS1 controller for $22. I think it's really dependent on which individual person is pricing as was mentioned before. So I always check Goodwill, Salvation Army, SVDP, and any other thrift store because you never know when you'll catch em slipping.

jeffhlewis

Quote from: CPTBadAss on 05/08/2015, 05:02 PMHmm so I scored at a local thrift store but I've had luck at St Vincent de Paul too. Scored GTA Vice City for $2 and a Sony Walkman cassette player for $8 NOS. But it's weird because the same store I bought the TV at was trying to sell a Sony PS1 controller for $22. I think it's really dependent on which individual person is pricing as was mentioned before. So I always check Goodwill, Salvation Army, SVDP, and any other thrift store because you never know when you'll catch em slipping.

I'm pretty sure that nothing good gets past the people in the back who sort through the donations. I'd be curious to know how much pocketing of valuables goes on back there.

sirhcman

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 05/08/2015, 06:40 PMI'm pretty sure that nothing good gets past the people in the back who sort through the donations. I'd be curious to know how much pocketing of valuables goes on back there.
If by pocketing you mean stealing, I have no idea :) but with regard to employees purchasing (at least at goodwill) any employee buying from the store they work at has to be rung up by a manager.

ToyMachine78

Pick ups over the past several months. The Eden games are compliments of Galams Raffle.

IMG
IMG
IMG

bob

^^ thanks for giving me uninvited.  pm sent with my address.  ^^

ToyMachine78

Quote from: galam on 05/08/2015, 08:14 PM^^ thanks for giving me uninvited.  pm sent with my address.  ^^
Sent by courier pigeon. Hopefully it doesn't get dropped

vmorr

/2h7pfs3.jpg

Bought these off of Bartre a couple months ago or something, finally went across the border to grab them. Was all nicely packaged and stuff.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: vmorr on 05/09/2015, 07:53 PMBought these off of Bartre a couple months ago or something, finally went across the border to grab them. Was all nicely packaged and stuff.
The border of civilization and Nebraska?
--DragonmasterDan

vmorr

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 05/09/2015, 10:28 PMThe border of civilization and Nebraska?
Border of Niagara & Niagara. I only wish Canadian postage fees on the worst of people.