TED Group Buy Round 2! ORDERED!

Started by jtucci31, 05/21/2015, 01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrackTiger

Quote from: Renmauzo on 05/23/2015, 01:58 PM
Quote from: jelloslug on 05/22/2015, 08:09 PMNow I will be able to see if my covers will work with the new version.
Covers would be great fro these, if someone could 3d print a run of them. I noticed the deluxe version has a black cover to protect the pcb. I'd buy one to go with the TED for sure if it were available.
There is no deluxe version. Some stores just like to dress up flashcarts and charge a crazy premium for them.

Several people have already made 3D printed and misc physical covers for the original Turbo Everdrive.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Renmauzo

Quote from: guest on 05/23/2015, 02:39 PM
Quote from: Renmauzo on 05/23/2015, 01:58 PM
Quote from: guest on 05/22/2015, 08:09 PMNow I will be able to see if my covers will work with the new version.
Covers would be great fro these, if someone could 3d print a run of them. I noticed the deluxe version has a black cover to protect the pcb. I'd buy one to go with the TED for sure if it were available.
There is no deluxe version. Some stores just like to dress up flashcarts and charge a crazy premium for them.

Several people have already made 3D printed and misc physical covers for the original Turbo Everdrive.
Cool. I saw the one on stoneage gamer but didn't realize that the covers were readily available. Thanks for teh heads up!

SephirothTNH

Quote from: NightWolve on 05/22/2015, 10:29 PM
Quote from: SephirothTNH on 05/22/2015, 06:14 PMThank you jtucci!

Also anyone, what does the USB port do exactly? The store page just says for developers.  I suppose you can always add the usb port to one later?  Looks like the solder pads are there.
Just lets you go in microSD to USB mode - if you frequently wanna write new ROMs on the SD card and don't wanna keep ejecting/reinserting it all the time, then it could be useful. If your PC doesn't have a SD card section and just USB slots, then it'd be useful for older PCs in that regard or you can just buy a cheap SD to USB device. I've seen 'em for as low as $6 bucks at Microcenter.
Thanks.  Honestly that hardly seems worth the extra $15, at least to me.  I guess if I change my mind I'll order a usb port from mouser and solder it on.

SmokeMonster

Quote from: guest on 05/22/2015, 08:09 PMNow I will be able to see if my covers will work with the new version.
Quote from: krikzzAs for shells: Mounting holes located in same points, but components layout around holes is different. Probably old shels will fit, but i not sure on 100%
Krikzz just confirmed for me that v2 PCB mounting holes are exactly the same as v1, so v1 3D shells are probably fine.

For anyone needing a shell, both jelloslug and cjameslv sell their sexy 3D printed TED shells here on the forums.

elmer

Quote from: SephirothTNH on 05/23/2015, 03:06 PMThanks.  Honestly that hardly seems worth the extra $15, at least to me.  I guess if I change my mind I'll order a usb port from mouser and solder it on. 
A realtime 2-way connection with a PC can also be used for accessing files on the PC and printing debug messages ... but again, that's the kind of stuff that crazy developer-types do, not regular sensible folks that just want to play games.

Another potential use would be to fulfill some people's desire to have a way to save the PCE backup memory to a file. That's pretty easy to do with the USB connection to a PC ... and much harder to do if you've got to write a file to the SD card in a way that works with different SD card sizes/formats.

If you were ever thinking about adding USB later on, then you'd also need to solder on the surface-mount FTDI fifo-to-usb chip as well as the actual USB socket.

jtucci31

Ok so, this time around the discount works a bit differently. He is taking 20% off of any orders $800 or more. We are way above that, but that means the discounts are a little different. I'm awaiting an email from krikzz to confirm how that works. Just to be sure.

Here is what we are looking at:

Non-USB Everdrive orders in the US
$70 shipped

USB Everdrive orders in the US
$81 shipped

USB/Non-USB Everdrive orders outside CON US
Depends. Will have to chat with separately.

Last time I shipped them in small flat rate boxes. Sure, it's a big box for such a tiny thing, but I knew I wouldn't want my everdrive shipped in some bubble mailer/envelope. Hope that's ok with everyone. No one seemed to mind last time (at least I think). I make sure to package them up real good and safe.

With that, I also want to double check I have everyone marked correctly for what they wanted.

USB Orders
elmer x3
BigusSchmuck
Pokun
ultrageranium
Warbucks

International Orders
Pokun (Ukraine)

Let me know if all of this is correct and/or satisfactory enough. PM's will go out soon enough once I get confirmation from krikzz and confirmation from the people listed.

ultrageranium

Quote from: guest on 05/23/2015, 11:57 PM USB Orders
elmer x3
BigusSchmuck
Pokun
ultrageranium
Warbucks

International Orders
Pokun (Ukraine)

Let me know if all of this is correct and/or satisfactory enough. PM's will go out soon enough once I get confirmation from krikzz and confirmation from the people listed.
Hi jtucci31,

I'm an international order too! (Netherlands)

USB order incl. shipping to EU without discount would normally be $99, so anything cut from that would be very much welcome.

Now I'm wondering something though. If the card is shipped back to the EU from the US, there is a risk for it being taxed upon re-entrance. I do not know for Ukraine but the Netherlands is quite awful at dealing with person to person gift imports (even if marked under the €45 value threshold, set by European laws). They often apply the 20% VAT + €13 admin fee on top, regardless (I have one current 30€ gift taxed sent from Japan with SAL taxed like this, currently in appeal).

Do you think it would be too much asking krikzz to ship the EU orders separately to avoid customs nightmare? Maybe that's an acceptable request if it's just Pokun and I, given the total quantity ordered is quite large? What do you think?

Pokun

Oh yeah tax, I didn't think about that. $81 is above the threshold. Small packages like this are usually not checked though and if you mark it as GIFT and value $15 or something maybe it's ok. If Krikzz could deliver it to us separately it would be great though.

Quote from: guest on 05/23/2015, 11:57 PM USB Orders
elmer x3
BigusSchmuck
Pokun
ultrageranium
Warbucks

International Orders
Pokun (Ukraine)

Although we have the same colours on our flags I'm from Sweden and not Ukraine. :wink:
I have no problem that it's in a sturdy box as long as the total price doesn't exceed $98 which is what it would cost for me if I order USB-version from Krikzz.

Thanks a lot for all the trouble Jtucci!

SmokeMonster

Quote from: guest on 05/23/2015, 11:57 PMOk so, this time around the discount works a bit differently. He is taking 20% off of any orders $800 or more. We are way above that, but that means the discounts are a little different. I'm awaiting an email from krikzz to confirm how that works. Just to be sure.
Those prices are excellent--about $20 less than ordering directly from retrogate :D

Renmauzo

Quote from: guest on 05/23/2015, 11:57 PMWith that, I also want to double check I have everyone marked correctly for what they wanted.

USB Orders
elmer x3
BigusSchmuck
Pokun
ultrageranium
Warbucks

International Orders
Pokun (Ukraine)

I just wanted to give you a heads up that I'm in Canada.

elmer

Quote from: guest on 05/23/2015, 11:57 PMLet me know if all of this is correct and/or satisfactory enough. PM's will go out soon enough once I get confirmation from krikzz and confirmation from the people listed.
Yep, you've got my order right ... 3 USB-equipped TED2's for me, please.

Thanks!

Duo_R

Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

NightWolve

For those of you that missed out, keep watch next Black Friday in November. He does Black Friday discounts and you'll be able to get it cheaper than this group buy by say $5 bucks - assuming he does the same thing this year. I got the full SD2SNES for $167 shipped with shell - far better deal than the group buy at the time. It's $205 now with shell+shipping per individual.

Gredler

Is it too late to upgrade the one I asked for to usb? I would love to contribute to homebrew projects in the future,  and would like to have the option available if possible. If not, no worries. Thanks so much for putting this together, it is really appreciated!

jtucci31

Quote from: Duo_R on 05/24/2015, 02:21 PMIf there is a 2nd round I'm In.
Haven't sent out PM's, so I'll just throw you on the list. Working on that right now actually. So it's no big deal.

NightWolve

Yay, I had $82 left in Paypal funds, didn't have to do a funds transfer from my checking! Money was gifted in a flash! Let's hope this group buy goes as well as the last time! Good looking out, jt! So at $70 versus $84 if you go solo, we save $14 bucks each except for those USB guys. Kinda sucks, but krik did raise the wholesale price by $3.20. Last time, 10+ orders cost $60, but with a 20% discount instead, with 10 orders it goes $63.20. Regardless, still a great deal in terms of value for your money.

SmokeMonster

PMs are going out now, so please pay immediately to make jtucci31's life easier!

I just sent the gift payment for my two TEDs.

jtucci31

Quote from: NightWolve on 05/26/2015, 12:28 AMYay, I had $82 left in Paypal funds, didn't have to do a funds transfer from my checking! Money was gifted in a flash! Let's hope this group buy goes as well as the last time! Good looking out, jt! So at $70 versus $84 if you go solo, we save $14 bucks each except for those USB guys. Kinda sucks, but krik did raise the wholesale price by $3.20. Last time, 10+ orders cost $60, but with a 20% discount instead, with 10 orders it goes $63.20. Regardless, still a great deal in terms of value for your money.
Yeah it works differently this time, which sucks. This was about the best I figured for what I'm planning to do/work with. Still a discount though. Hope it's still satisfactory enough.

elmer

Quote from: SmokeMonster on 05/26/2015, 12:31 AMPMs are going out now, so please pay immediately to make jtucci31's life easier!
Just sent mine!  :wink:

LostFlunky

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

BigusSchmuck

Gredler

Payment sent, thanks so much! Now some homebrew crew - hit me up to make some art please! ;)

Warbucks

SkyeWelse

Payment sent! Thanks again for organizing this. : )

-Thomas

Renmauzo

CPTBadAss

I paid last night. Thanks again jtucci31
Maximum Output. Activate the pit.

jelloslug

BigusSchmuck

When can we expect to see these at our doorsteps?

ultrageranium

Sent!

Sorry everyone for delays, jtucci31 was helping Pokun and I avoiding double taxing of the TED upon EU re-entrance. All sorted now.

Pokun

Paid! Sorry everyone for the delay.

jtucci31

I was waiting on just a few more, but I have now placed the order! Check back here for updates in the coming weeks as I will be waiting for tracking information and such. Thanks everyone for quick and easy payments, things went pretty smoothly. :)

Gredler

Quote from: guest on 06/03/2015, 11:45 AMI was waiting on just a few more, but I have now placed the order! Check back here for updates in the coming weeks as I will be waiting for tracking information and such. Thanks everyone for quick and easy payments, things went pretty smoothly. :)
Couldn't be more amped jtucci31, thanks so much for putting this together. I owe you a Pepsi if you ever come down to San Diego!

ultrageranium

Hi everyone,

TL;DR: I'm one of the group buy participant, not the organiser, and I just received a bunch of everdrive today.

I have some good and bad news.

Good news: My TED has arrived today.

Bad news: pic related.

kuri.mu/~aymeric/img/uh-oh.jpg

• 4 USB TED
  • 7 regular TED
  • 1 unknown (looks like a GB cart)

I have no idea why I am receiving what seems to be a small part of the group order. There are no invoices or letters, nothing.

jtucci31?

jtucci31

Goddamnit, they fucked up.

I requested they send one to you and the other international order. Now this is a pain  ](*,) ](*,)

ultrageranium

Questions before deciding on best strategy to solve this mess:

- Do you know where is the rest?
- Is the GB cart a mistake?
- Were you given any tracking info for the parcels?

jtucci31

No it's a Game Gear everdrive that someone requested. I'll have to go sift through my emails. I know I was given some tracking, but this just makes no sense.

I said that I wanted only one everdrive sent to specific locations, the rest to me. Maybe I fucked up. Or they did. Shit happens.

I'll PM you later today when I get more time and can sort this out. Stay patient please :)

ultrageranium

Thanks for looking into that!

MotherGunner

-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

NecroPhile

All your base belong to ultrageranium.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

elmer

To misquote Moltke the Elder ... "no plan survives contact with the shipping department"!   :roll:

cjameslv

Pokun

At least you didn't have to pay tax. :D

Ah I guess they screwed up so it's up to them to fix it. I'm way from home for a while, I wonder if the rest of the Everdrives are waiting in my postbox...

DeshDildo

That's funny, I didn't have 17 ED's show up at my door.  Just one.
"You CAN'T prove Nulltard/DoxPhile caused ANY harm/damage/sabotage to PCEFX!! You have NO evidence he poached ANY members for his own failed PC Engine forum/site or was a conniving destructive saboteur! ZERO, ZIP, NADA!!! Nulltard did nothing wrong!"

Warbucks

No EverDrive at my doorstep yet :(

ultrageranium

Quote from: Desh on 06/17/2015, 06:52 PMThat's funny, I didn't have 17 ED's show up at my door.  Just one.
Huh? You got one delivered to you?

Quote from: Pokun on 06/17/2015, 06:49 PMAh I guess they screwed up so it's up to them to fix it.
Yes, ideally I'd like them to arrange for some pick-up by a shipping company of their choice.

QuoteI'm way from home for a while, I wonder if the rest of the Everdrives are waiting in my postbox...
Yeah I thought about that, given that my parcel only contains an arbitrary sub-quantity of all the TED/ED ordered.

Let's wait and see what jtucci31 managed to figure out.

NightWolve

Quote from: ultrageranium on 06/17/2015, 10:42 AMHi everyone,

TL;DR: I'm one of the group buy participant, not the organiser, and I just received a bunch of everdrive today.

I have some good and bad news.

Good news: My TED has arrived today.

Bad news: pic related.

uh-oh.jpg

• 4 USB TED
  • 7 regular TED
  • 1 unknown (looks like a GB cart)

I have no idea why I am receiving what seems to be a small part of the group order. There are no invoices or letters, nothing.

jtucci31?
Oh f--k!!!!! ... So something REALLY had to go wrong this time... :/

jtucci31

Quote from: Pokun on 06/17/2015, 06:49 PMAt least you didn't have to pay tax. :D

Ah I guess they screwed up so it's up to them to fix it. I'm way from home for a while, I wonder if the rest of the Everdrives are waiting in my postbox...
I would not be surprised if they are, with the way this is going

cjameslv

I know everyone is like aww fuck, but im sure you can get it resolved! So just keep us up to date.

BigusSchmuck

I haven't even bought a sd card yet so waiting a little longer isn't a big deal.