10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Cool things happening in Omaha...

Started by guyjin, 05/23/2007, 12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

guyjin

This will be a thread to try to prove that Omaha doesn't suck as bad as everyone thinks it does.

First off:

SWEET RAPTORHAMMERHEAD JESUS! A female Hammerhead shark has given birth without the aid of a male, at Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/22/AR2007052201405.html

Apparently, Hammerhead sharks can reproduce asexually.

Edit: dammit, I didn't even notice it was in the wrong forum. me am smart. ](*,)

Seldane

"Talk all about the US/EURO TG-16/TE/TurboDuo here."

Screw that, let's talk about sharks here instead! :wink:
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG
Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: IMG! Sir, the door was open.

termis

Omaha - College World Series.  =D> 

I'll make the trip in some future year when my alma mater qualifies & I'm damn wealthy.  :|

NecroPhile

We also host Berkshire Hathaway's stockholder meeting, so everybody should buy a few hundred shares and come visit this fine berg.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Joe Redifer

Omaha fucking rocks!  It's where the first US settlers lived when they arrived on the Santa Maria.

Keranu

So do you guys enjoy the big cookie pizza from Godfather's?
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Kitsunexus

Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

Hobo Xiphas

Omaha is the birthplace of Bob Gibson and Strategic Air Command so it can't be all that bad!

Oh, wait....yes, it is!

Seriously, man, Omaha is full of Cornhuskers and is a pretty inhospitable place for nerds like us.

Although Nebraska is the home of 2x4 and 2x4 is quickly becoming my favorite poster here so I guess I will have to make my peace with Nebraska, if not Omaha.

GUTS

Is that because 2x4 is a true American like us?  Someone start a USA thread so we can chant USA USA USA in it and feel our pride with no gayfag hippies around to ruin it.

offsidewing

UofN-Omaha.  The whipping boys of college hockey.  Although they've put together some good squads the past couple seasons.

Sadly, because of SAC, I'm sure there are still a lot of foreign nukes pointed right at Omaha.

Omaha can't be too bad of a place to call home.  Thanks to the internet and EMS, anyone can be a nerd anywhere!

NecroPhile

Two words - Omaha Steaks.  Yummy cow muscle, you know you want some.  =P~

Omaha is also the birthplace of the 38th President of the USA - Gerald Ford.  Not that I expect anyone to really care about such trivia, as grilled meat is obviously far more important.

Keranu

Quote from: GUTS on 05/24/2007, 02:52 PMIs that because 2x4 is a true American like us?  Someone start a USA thread so we can chant USA USA USA in it and feel our pride with no gayfag hippies around to ruin it.
Hell yeah that's why 2x4 rulez! We need more American pride on this board.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

offsidewing

Quote from: Keranu on 05/24/2007, 04:04 PMHell yeah that's why 2x4 rulez! We need more American pride on this board.
Who will be this forum's "Real American Hero!"

guyjin

The college world series annoys the hell out of me. Our rush hour traffic is bad enough as it is, and the CWS makes it so that any given trip between 4:30 and 6:30 will take an hour.

2X4

I think you guys think I'm the guy from American Dad.
The Turbo was Dual Core when Dual Core wasn't cool . . .

GUTS

No actually we're being serious, the American bashing shit is retarded, it's nice to see other people smart enough to use the internet who aren't screaming anti-american crap any time the USA is mentioned.

Hobo Xiphas

Omaha traffic was pretty awesome compared to a huge metropolis like Chicago or Baltimore\Washington.

The only thing that made me mad was the stupid reversable lanes on, uhhh, Dodge Street, I think?

Anyways, it is pretty funny that we have enough current\former Nebraska\Omaha people to sustain a thread like this.  8)

Keranu

Quote from: offsidewing on 05/24/2007, 04:17 PM
Quote from: Keranu on 05/24/2007, 04:04 PMHell yeah that's why 2x4 rulez! We need more American pride on this board.
Oh 2x4 without-a-doubt.
IMG

nat

Quote from: offsidewing on 05/24/2007, 04:17 PMWho will be this forum's "Real American Hero!"
I'll be the token communist.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

thewestexit

No one's even mentioned Warren Buffet, one of the richest men in the world, lives in and operates out of Omaha.

But I've never been to Nebraska, too far away from anything.  Even when I lived in Kansas it seems too far away.
////////////////////////////////////////////////
James Wilson
www.thewestexit.com
The Science of Building Wealth
////////////////////////////////////////////////

offsidewing

Quote from: nat on 05/24/2007, 11:50 PM
Quote from: offsidewing on 05/24/2007, 04:17 PMWho will be this forum's "Real American Hero!"
I'll be the token communist.
Let's see some shoe banging...

(No sex with shoes, just some good ol' Kruschev anger management).

2X4

Quote from: Keranu on 05/24/2007, 11:34 PM
Quote from: offsidewing on 05/24/2007, 04:17 PM
Oh 2x4 without-a-doubt.
I'm your huckleberry.

Famous people from NE, don't forget

Fred Astaire, Marlon Brando and Malcom X among others, all from Omaha!  Actually, Dr. MLK also resided in Nebraska I think.

America, F*$@ Yeah!
The Turbo was Dual Core when Dual Core wasn't cool . . .

offsidewing

And, there is the song 'Nebraska.'  The original is great, but I highly recommend the Chirssy Hynde/Adam Seymour cover on the tribute album.

guyjin

You forgot Johnny Carson. On a more gaming related note, if anyone remembers Shidoshi from Gamefan, he's from Omaha.

nat

The only connection I have with Omaha is that when I was in 6th grade we had a girl move to Seattle from there and she was placed in my class mid-year.

Everyone made fun of her accent and her obsession with the the town itself.

Nearly every one of her anecdote's began, "Back in Omaha...."

She was a big girl, in every dimension, and coming from me that says a lot-- I was the biggest in the class (height-wise; I wasn't hefty).

So as a result of never having actually visited Omaha or Nebraska in general, the impression was burned in my brain at a young age that Omaha is the home of large, loud, obnoxious people with goofy accents.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

NecroPhile

And you are correct, Nat.  I'm 8'-7" tall, 420 pounds, and extremely boisterous.  Strangely, my accent isn't too weird, as I strictly follow the King's English.  :wink:

offsidewing

Quote from: guest on 05/25/2007, 01:11 PMAnd you are correct, Nat.  I'm 8'-7" tall, 420 pounds, and extremely boisterous.  Strangely, my accent isn't too weird, as I strictly follow the King's English.  :wink:
"He has been pitched in battle for a fortnight and has a king's thirst for the frosty brew..."

Hobo Xiphas

Man, how can you not love the sing-song accent that the chicks in the northern plains states get?  It's pretty kickin' rad if you ask me.  Whenever they talk, it's like they are singing a song to you.  It isn't as pronounced in Nebraska as it is in the Dakotas though.

Yeah, the chicks in Nebraska are scary in that they have more muscles than me and can kick my ass.  :?

Keranu

Hey don't forget the Rubin sandwich was invented in Nebraska!
IMG

termis

Haha.  Sports-related stuff is the only thing that come up in my mind when I think about Nebraska.  The other (and bigger than CWS, I'd presume) - Husker Football.

Long time ago, I had this prick of a boss who is a Nebraska alum -- and this was the Tom Osborne era -- so he'd always shove Husker football in your face.  God I fuckin hated him.  And by association, my hatred carried over to his school.  Needless to say, I was quite happy when my alma mater crushed them last year :D

A co-worker (UC-Boulder alum) once told me, "Hey, do you know what the "N" stands for on the Cornhuskers football helmet?" - Answer: "Nowlege"  :lol:

NecroPhile

Quote from: thumpin_termis on 05/25/2007, 05:22 PMA co-worker (UC-Boulder alum) once told me, "Hey, do you know what the "N" stands for on the Cornhuskers football helmet?" - Answer: "Nowledge"  :lol:
Duh.... what's funny about that?  It's true.  I've also heard that it stands for "ntelligent".  :lol: