OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cr8zykuban0

to round it off, here's what i paid
Art of fighting 2, world heroes 2 jet, aero fighters 2 and fatal fury special-$200 shipped
Kof 94, art of fighting, world heroes 2-$240 shipped
Ninja combat-$60 shipped

if you look up sold listing on the games individually, they are worth more than you think. im happy with what i paid. Even with the NOS games that were selling for 22 bucks a pop a few years ago, now those games are going for 3x sometimes even 4x the amount now a days.

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

cr8zykuban0

PCEngineHell

cr8zykuban0

DragonmasterDan

I've been waiting for the US DVD release of this for ages. And sure enough it was waiting for me in my mailbox.

IMG
--DragonmasterDan

esteban

I love your photo. You took it in the attic at dusk?
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: esteban on 08/18/2015, 06:01 PMI love your photo. You took it in the attic at dusk?
Yep, right about to make my sacrifice to the goat god under black candle light.
--DragonmasterDan

vmorr

/2q8dqhh.jpg

Random stuff I picked up over the last few weeks... Starting to get into PS1 a little but all the games I wanna pick up for it aren't exactly cheap. Smh

NightWolve

How much did you pick up that "Lunar: Silver Star Story" for ? I had wanted to get that at some point myself.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: NightWolve on 08/18/2015, 07:03 PMHow much did you pick up that "Lunar: Silver Star Story" for ? I had wanted to get that at some point myself.
That's actually the "Fan Art edition" which is a rarer variant than the large box set Working Designs made for the US PS1 version.
--DragonmasterDan

turboswimbz

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 08/18/2015, 07:07 PM
Quote from: NightWolve on 08/18/2015, 07:03 PMHow much did you pick up that "Lunar: Silver Star Story" for ? I had wanted to get that at some point myself.
That's actually the "Fan Art edition" which is a rarer variant than the large box set Working Designs made for the US PS1 version.
I have only the discs in the set, although I wish I had gotten all the boxy goodness.  I was able to pick it up on the cheap like under 25 bucks off the net not to long ago.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

vmorr

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 08/18/2015, 07:07 PM
Bought it at a store for $45 ($32 USD?). I noticed the fan art CD labels, thought that was pretty cool. Think the cost was a little high but eh, I probably won't find it around me for much cheaper.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: vmorr on 08/18/2015, 07:34 PMBought it at a store for $45 ($32 USD?). I noticed the fan art CD labels, thought that was pretty cool. Think the cost was a little high but eh, I probably won't find it around me for much cheaper.
I haven't looked up prices on those in ages. But a decade ago, the fan art edition commanded a significant premium more than the regular box set.
--DragonmasterDan

bob

I got BoFIV not long ago. I am yet to play it.

xcrement5x

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 08/18/2015, 07:40 PM
Quote from: vmorr on 08/18/2015, 07:34 PMBought it at a store for $45 ($32 USD?). I noticed the fan art CD labels, thought that was pretty cool. Think the cost was a little high but eh, I probably won't find it around me for much cheaper.
I haven't looked up prices on those in ages. But a decade ago, the fan art edition commanded a significant premium more than the regular box set.
Yeah, the Fan Art version is much more uncommon that the regular LE version.  From a collectability standpoint it is rarer, but the original LE with all the goodies is cooler IMHO.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 08/19/2015, 11:20 AMYeah, the Fan Art version is much more uncommon that the regular LE version.  From a collectability standpoint it is rarer, but the original LE with all the goodies is cooler IMHO.
Yep, it's for diehard fans of Lunar, Working Designs Collectards and SKU specific completionists only.
--DragonmasterDan

schweaty

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 08/18/2015, 05:26 PMI've been waiting for the US DVD release of this for ages. And sure enough it was waiting for me in my mailbox.

IMG
Amazon says the release date isnt until 1 sept.  How did you get it?

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: schweaty on 08/19/2015, 05:36 PMAmazon says the release date isnt until 1 sept.  How did you get it?
Amazon is slow. I bought directly from Discotek.
--DragonmasterDan

xcrement5x

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 08/19/2015, 05:39 PM
Quote from: schweaty on 08/19/2015, 05:36 PMAmazon says the release date isnt until 1 sept.  How did you get it?
Amazon is slow. I bought directly from Discotek.
And I just looked at their site, they offer free shipping too.  Nice!
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 08/19/2015, 05:59 PMAnd I just looked at their site, they offer free shipping too.  Nice!
Yep, however shipping can be slow. When Cagliostro came out on remastered DVD some people got it like a week and a half before I did. Keep in mind, this was right around Christmas time and the mail in general was running slow. But still, you should get it long before Amazon and you're cutting out a middleman and helping the publisher directly.
--DragonmasterDan

munchiaz

@vmorr
Star Ocean for ps1 is one of my favorite video games ever. It was my first JRPG, and it is the game that actually turned me into a "gamer" i stopped playing little league football when i discovered star ocean.

I also have the fan art version of lunar. I got it when it was first released. I was at the mall with my uncle, and he was buying ps2 games, and i asked him to buy it for me. He made some comment like " why do you want this fairy shit?" He bought it for me anyway :)

jeffhlewis

A man can never have too many Outrun cabinets...

IMG

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 08/19/2015, 08:34 PMA man can never have too many Outrun cabinets...
Does it work or is this for spare parts?
--DragonmasterDan

NightWolve

vmorr

Quote from: munchiaz on 08/19/2015, 07:18 PM@vmorr
Star Ocean for ps1 is one of my favorite video games ever. It was my first JRPG, and it is the game that actually turned me into a "gamer" i stopped playing little league football when i discovered star ocean.

I also have the fan art version of lunar. I got it when it was first released. I was at the mall with my uncle, and he was buying ps2 games, and i asked him to buy it for me. He made some comment like " why do you want this fairy shit?" He bought it for me anyway :)
I played the first Star Ocean on the PSP and really liked it. Never got around to playing Second Evolution and still want to, but I think I might set up the Playstation and play the original now just for fun. After that hopefully someday I'll get to the PS2 and PS3 releases... And the forthcoming PS4 release... So many backlogged RPGs geez.

jeffhlewis

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 08/19/2015, 08:47 PM
Quote from: jeffhlewis on 08/19/2015, 08:34 PMA man can never have too many Outrun cabinets...
They actually both work...I'm going to have to frankenstein them together to make one "perfect" cab.

The one on the left has a better motor, better controls, better monitor...and honestly the cab is in better overall shape but the knucklehead operator literally sawed off the floorboard of the cab

The one on the right has sound issues and the monitor is on its last legs, but the cab is structurally intact and only needs a bit of bondo here and there + a repaint.

I have brand new side art, bezels, decals, gears, floormats, the works waiting in the wings...probably going to transport the guts of left machine into right machine, fix the body up and move the extra parts (or give them to some enterprising person who wants to restore it).

Left cab didn't come with keys, so I'm going to have to drill the locks and inspect the board. Hoping it's of the non-suicide-battery variety.

NightWolve

Quote from: vmorr on 08/19/2015, 09:31 PMSo many backlogged RPGs geez.
I know the feeling...

Quotebut I think I might set up the Playstation and play the original now just for fun. After that hopefully someday I'll get to the PS2 and PS3 releases... And the forthcoming PS4 release...
Hm, you know, I bought the "Star Ocean: Till the End of Time" and didn't realize it was the 3rd one in a series till I read your post and looked it up... Heh. I was at the time just supporting SquareEnix and when I'd randomly see a new game published by them at BestBuy, I would buy it though usually I'd wait for the $19.99 pricepoint admittedly.

EDIT: Oh wait, nevermind, turns out I also bought "Star Ocean: The Second Story" for the PS1. Just saw it in my stack photos I linked. Now I remember, the first one was a SNES game and maybe-or-maybe-not it had a fan translation done for it.

But yeah, I have been backlogged for more than a decade where I simply continued to buy games from companies that I liked (to show that my dollars still counted!) such as SquareSoft/Enix, Konami, Capcom and some great stuff Sony themselves localized over and all with the eventual hope that when things died down for me between my education, work and life, I would play a great "catch up" and knock 'em all down in short order when I got to that point... Well, life didn't work out that way and the backlog built itself up to great big ole stacks of untouched games... ;) Some of 'em I collected over the years are shown stacked up in my room photos here to give an idea of the debacle that this thinking resulted in. Heh-heh.

Mathius

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 08/19/2015, 09:44 PM
Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 08/19/2015, 08:47 PM
They actually both work...I'm going to have to frankenstein them together to make one "perfect" cab.

The one on the left has a better motor, better controls, better monitor...and honestly the cab is in better overall shape but the knucklehead operator literally sawed off the floorboard of the cab

The one on the right has sound issues and the monitor is on its last legs, but the cab is structurally intact and only needs a bit of bondo here and there + a repaint.

I have brand new side art, bezels, decals, gears, floormats, the works waiting in the wings...probably going to transport the guts of left machine into right machine, fix the body up and move the extra parts (or give them to some enterprising person who wants to restore it).

Left cab didn't come with keys, so I'm going to have to drill the locks and inspect the board. Hoping it's of the non-suicide-battery variety.
I get to come over and rock out to some Outrun now right?

Quote from: NightWolve on 08/19/2015, 09:54 PM
I know the feeling...

Quotebut I think I might set up the Playstation and play the original now just for fun. After that hopefully someday I'll get to the PS2 and PS3 releases... And the forthcoming PS4 release...
Hm, you know, I bought the "Star Ocean: Till the End of Time" and didn't realize it was the 3rd one in a series till I read your post and looked it up... Heh. I was at the time just supporting SquareEnix and when I'd randomly see a new game published by them at BestBuy, I would buy it though usually I'd wait for the $19.99 pricepoint admittedly.

EDIT: Oh wait, nevermind, turns out I also bought "Star Ocean: The Second Story" for the PS1. Just saw it in my stack photos I linked. Now I remember, the first one was a SNES game and maybe-or-maybe-not it had a fan translation done for it.

But yeah, I have been backlogged for more than a decade where I simply continued to buy games from companies that I liked (to show that my dollars still counted!) such as SquareSoft/Enix, Konami, Capcom and some great stuff Sony themselves localized over and all with the eventual hope that when things died down for me between my education, work and life, I would play a great "catch up" and knock 'em all down in short order when I got to that point... Well, life didn't work out that way and the backlog built itself up to great big ole stacks of untouched games... ;) Some of 'em I collected over the years are shown stacked up in my room photos here to give an idea of the debacle that this thinking resulted in. Heh-heh.
Yes the original Super Fami Star Ocean was translated years ago. I have a repro cart of it but can't get very far. That damn game has some crazy complicated play mechanics that I can't wrap my mind around. Too bad too cause the game is gorgeous.

vmorr

Quote from: NightWolve on 08/19/2015, 09:54 PM
I know the feeling...

Haha nice I have a stack of 50 PS3 games sitting on a tower speaker like that. Everything else is pretty much in bins. I actually don't have a lot of PS1 games; it was my first console growing up but my parents had it modded and I've just got a ton of random copied games. Now I'm trying to grab real copies of games that I really liked. One of my favorite games though was The Misadventures of Tron Bonne and, well, damn. Also want to pick up the Tales of Destiny games (I see your II) cause I'm a fan of that series as well. Played both Xillia games last Christmas and Phantasia a couple months ago. Think I have some form of all of the NA 'Tales of' games except for those two.

Side note -- played Tales of Phantasia through a Game Boy Player on the Game Cube; totally look at GBA games under a different light now. And they're still relatively cheap!

xcrement5x

IMG
2015-08-19 Genesis and Dreamcast Pickup by xcrement5x, on Flickr

I had some extra stuff which was a combination of nobody wanted and not worth selling so I took it into the local game store to get some in store credit and was happily surprised with what they gave me for it all. 

I had mainly had my eye on Psychic Force 2012 but I got about $40 for everything I brought in so I picked out some other stuff as well.  They also had a buy 3 get 1 free promo going on so I was pretty happy with what I was able to get out of the trade ins, and everything is complete!

Psychic Force 2012 [Dreamcast]
Judge Dredd [Genesis]
Marble Madness [Genesis]
The Incredible Crash Dummies [Genesis]

munchiaz

I actually don't like any other star ocean besdies Star ocean 1 and 2. I didn't care for 3 on the ps2, and i haven't played star ocean 4, but i hear nothing but bad stuff from it. I really hope star ocean 5 goes back to the good ole star ocean 2 days.

bob

this just came in the mail.

/games/saz.jpg[/img]

GreatBlue Swirlof99

The Dreamcast is still alive, so go play it before it kills your family!

wildfruit

Quote from: munchiaz on 08/19/2015, 07:18 PM@vmorr

You gave up a sport for games. So happy right now 😊

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: agent_orange on 08/20/2015, 12:27 PMthis just came in the mail.

/games/saz.jpg
Awesome!

Don't let the haters dissuade you. It's not a bad game. It's just a game that isn't nearly as good as the original Air Zonk.
--DragonmasterDan

bob

these were at the store "5 Below" today if anybody has one near them.

My 4 year old twins are just starting to dabble in vid games and I think my boy may love this.  I have never played one of these, nor have I seen one in action, so I have no idea what to expect.

/games/sky.jpg

escarioth

IMG

bunch of stuff, some got in today, some are weeks ago.
waited to get plenty to show at the same time :) (wild guns is box only snif...its a empty home)

Dynastic hero was cd only sooooooo
But thanks to Sparky, now it doesnt look that bad  :P you rock dude.  :dance:

....so take some notes in case i decided to REVEAL MY TRUE IDENTITY !  :shock:
I MIGHT BE ZE FREAKING CHEAP A$$ RESELLERZ   :twisted:

... seriously  :wink: nah.
my dynastic hero is half-fake lol !  :mrgreen:
just having the cd is good enough for me  8)
US Hucards     :  86/94 (1 repro)
US CD-games  : 40/44 (3 repros)
total complete with boxes 54/111

NightWolve

Empty Wild Guns box ??? Pfffffft... Too bad... That's an exceptionally fine game of the 16-bit era, a fine game - I found myself actually having, you know, "fun" when I discovered it and dove in! It's got that right level of challenge where you need to get some good practice in to advance, but you'll have fun while gaining the necessary experience to get there. Great reason to own a SNES flashcart for play on your US console. :)

escarioth

Quote from: NightWolve on 08/21/2015, 02:21 AMEmpty Wild Guns box ??? Pfffffft... Too bad... That's an exceptionally fine game of the 16-bit era, a fine game - I found myself actually having, you know, "fun" when I discovered it and dove in! It's got that right level of challenge where you need to get some good practice in to advance, but you'll have fun while gaining the necessary experience to get there. Great reason to own a SNES flashcart for play on your US console. :)
Yeah well i WILL get that game someday. If im given a good opportunity :)
might go for the japanese one if it get too much of a high price....

anyway now i finally got my hand on that YS 4. Will start to check for burning this  :-"
US Hucards     :  86/94 (1 repro)
US CD-games  : 40/44 (3 repros)
total complete with boxes 54/111

PCEngineHell

Master System bug got me, so after everything arrives I will be taking hold of my new Sega Adventure©.

Rambo II
Shinobi
Spy vs Spy
Not so Great Basketball
Aztec Adventure
Hang On/ Astro Warrior
Y's
Kenseiden
Quartet
Double Dragon
Zillion
Wonderboy in Monster Land
Paper Boy
Spellcaster
Rastan
Enduro Racer
Thunder Blade
Outrun
Time Soldiers
GhostBusters
Wonder Boy (original one)
Lord of Sword
Alien Syndrom

Gyruss, Rush'n Attack, Blaster Master, Burai Fighter, Bad Dudes, and Section Z for Nes, along with Alien Crush for TG arrived courtesy of MotherGunner. POW and Renegade arrived via a ebay purchase. Waiting for Wrath of Black Manta for Nes to arrive also.

wildfruit

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 08/21/2015, 11:48 AMMaster System bug got me, so after everything arrives I will be taking hold of my new Sega Adventure©.

Rambo II
Shinobi
Spy vs Spy
Not so Great Basketball
Aztec Adventure
Hang On/ Astro Warrior
Y's
Kenseiden
Quartet
Double Dragon
Zillion
Wonderboy in Monster Land
Paper Boy
Spellcaster
Rastan
Enduro Racer
Thunder Blade
Outrun
Time Soldiers
GhostBusters
Wonder Boy (original one)
Lord of Sword
Alien Syndrom

Gyruss, Rush'n Attack, Blaster Master, Burai Fighter, Bad Dudes, and Section Z for Nes, along with Alien Crush for TG arrived courtesy of MotherGunner. POW and Renegade arrived via a ebay purchase. Waiting for Wrath of Black Manta for Nes to arrive also.
Spy vs spy such fun. Although looks terrible on RF the colours bleed everywhere.

ToyMachine78

Quote from: escarioth on 08/21/2015, 01:57 AMIMG

bunch of stuff, some got in today, some are weeks ago.
waited to get plenty to show at the same time :) (wild guns is box only snif...its a empty home)

Dynastic hero was cd only sooooooo
But thanks to Sparky, now it doesnt look that bad  you rock dude.  :dance:

....so take some notes in case i decided to REVEAL MY TRUE IDENTITY !  :shock:
I MIGHT BE ZE FREAKING CHEAP A$$ RESELLERZ   :twisted:

... seriously  :wink: nah.
my dynastic hero is half-fake lol !  :mrgreen:
just having the cd is good enough for me  8)
I would not put that Dynastic Hero in my system until you have Agent clean it properly!

People talk about recapping and crap all the time, but few know about the prob with DH and how it kills Lazers.

Agent can take care of it.

bob

HailingTheThings

Quote from: agent_orange on 08/21/2015, 09:38 PMuh, wut?
How did you not get the reference? Huh, Mr. Clean? Hmm?
IMG

ToyMachine78

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: dingsbums on 08/22/2015, 09:59 AMGames
IMG
IMG

Vinyl
IMG
Epic pickups!  I recently picked up the saturn version of symphony of the night and its an amazing game

Bloufo

A few Turbo/PC Engine related items,

A few cables. TG16 and PC Engine controller extension cables.
A couple SuperGrafx-Super CD-ROM² power jumper connecting cables.
And an RGB SCART cable.

IMG

Region modded PC Engine.
A bit of discoloration but it was cheap and I didn't get it for it's looks. :p

IMG

Turbo pad,

IMG

And an TurboExpress.
This TE has tiny sound (sound is fine via the earphone port) and a couple dead pixels, but otherwise is in good enough nick.

IMG