OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

schweaty

replace the capacitors in the TE and it will fix the sound.  its only going to get worse.  eventually the picture will go out as well.

SuperGrafx

I got myself a clean and nearly new 13 inch TV (with built in VHS player) for $5.98 at Goodwill today.
I'll use it as a dedicated PCE and NES display device.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: SuperGrafx on 08/23/2015, 05:03 PMI got myself a clean and nearly new 13 inch TV (with built in VHS player) for $5.98 at Goodwill today.
I'll use it as a dedicated PCE and NES display device.
Nice, the ones around here are no longer taking in CRT TVs.
--DragonmasterDan

in99flames

i bought a pull down shade for a window......wish it was something tg-16 related :P
I am somebody's mommy!
----name that movie quote :)

xcrement5x

Quote from: Bloufo on 08/23/2015, 04:29 AMTurbo pad,

IMG
I have never seen one of these before.  So funky looking, does that go with a PAL TurboGrafx?
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 08/23/2015, 10:43 PM

IMG
I have never seen one of these before.  So funky looking, does that go with a PAL TurboGrafx?
Aye :)

EvilEvoIX

Last week was kinda good.  Nothing teh uber rarrezz11!!11 but good finds at good prices.

First up, always wanted one of these thingys, and now I have one.

IMG
IMG

Only Composite or god forbid RF but it looks very nice for what it is and I use it for light gun games and so on.  NES games look REALLY good on it.  Obviously great sound as well, lots of BASS.

I picked this up for my XBONE for when I travel on business, which has been a lot lately.

IMG
IMG

This was an excellent find.  I visited an old style Americana dispensary that sold anything and everything from Tin Type Photos from the 1850's to brand new packs of NYC Subway tickets to the 1940's.  Lots of original movie posters, many old toys, old tools, signs, basically if you ever watched American Pickers it would be a dream store.  OLD Coke machines and coolers that used ammonia to cool, I was in there for hours going through everything.

As I was leaving I had asked if he had any Atari's, he said sure, all the way in the back buried under a Mountain of  shit was a complete NES with three games, $25.  Sold

IMG
IMG

Mario 2 was lodged in it.  Love that game.  Works perfectly, don't even need to blow into the games.

Spent the Next three hours playing Vs Dr. Mario with my GF.  Money well spent.

IMG

Got all these for $2-$3 each at a Pawn shop.  Not bad, always nice to have boxes.  The SNES game is some sort of F1 Game.  Not very good.  Wheel of Fortune is Brand New and will remain that way.  I might as well play the Sega CD Version any way.

IMG
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

bob

you bring a xbone on business travel???

esteban

IMG
Yes.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

wildfruit

Quote from: esteban on 08/24/2015, 02:33 PM

IMG
Yes.
Concurred

NecroPhile

Cheap bastards should've sanded the "16" off the mold.  :lol:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: agent_orange on 08/24/2015, 02:22 PMyou bring a xbone on business travel???
This month I'm going to be gone for a while so yes.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

escarioth

IMG

that feeling when you buy a game...that says nowhere its supose to be brand new sealed...
its christmas TONIGHT !!!

ill tear it apart ! mouahahhaha
US Hucards     :  86/94 (1 repro)
US CD-games  : 40/44 (3 repros)
total complete with boxes 54/111

Bloufo

IMG
Affirmative.

SuperDeadite

Recent gets

X68000 Trackball
See it in action here:
IMG

MOOSTANG GET!!!!

IMG
IMG
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Opethian

dat stang amazing tunes!
hide kaz is legend
IMG

NecroPhile

IMG

$50 from perennial good guy BMW.  :mrgreen:

schweaty

Quote from: guest on 08/25/2015, 11:13 AMIMG

now that is a score.... who's balls i gotta jiggle to get a deal like that?  BMW, if you get dry balls, give me a ring... i will fix it.

Opethian

try DK since hes convinced there are no good deals anymore.
IMG

escarioth

Quote from: guest on 08/25/2015, 11:13 AMIMG

woah  :shock:
a great deal indeed !

esteban

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 08/25/2015, 08:55 AMRecent gets

X68000 Trackball
See it in action here:
IMG

MOOSTANG GET!!!!

IMG
IMG
Kyukyoku Tiger Heli Deluxe X68000 + Trackball Deluxe + Trisync = PURE HEAVEN.

DAMN. :)

PunkCryborg

Damn Super!!!! Nice stang get! Sorry I didn't let go of my board sooner but I like it a lot, it's such a fun game

Mathius

I'm unfamiliar with ten Stang. Please educate.

And for the record Beamer's jewels are permanently slathered with gamer goo due to his constant awesomeness.

SuperDeadite

Quote from: PunkCryborg on 08/25/2015, 01:42 PMDamn Super!!!! Nice stang get! Sorry I didn't let go of my board sooner but I like it a lot, it's such a fun game
I wasn't really expecting you to ever trade/sell that one off lol.  Stang is certainly one of the best pure shooters I've played in a long time.  No gimicks, no tricks, just wave after wave of insanely fast enemies, plus incredibly detailed graphics and one of the best soundtracks ever.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

escarioth

IMG

....ive been told that this Mushihimesama stuff was great...
i think i'm starting to get hallucinations of bullets all around me since i've stopped playing  :shock:

bullets....everywhere...

oh and time chick :3
found this for merely 10$

NecroPhile

Yesterday's mail brought me a Lego Jurassic Park for the Vita.  :mrgreen:

wildfruit

I got a cheap fake leather case for my Lumia 735.

xcrement5x

Last night the thrift store was good to me:

IMG
2015-08-25 Panasonic DMR-EZ48V by xcrement5x, on Flickr

I am SOOO happy that I found this unit. It's a Panasonic DMR-EZ48V VHS/DVD Recording unit.  This thing is the bomb, I have never seen VHS look this good, and it's designed specifically for upscaling and converting VHS and composite/SVID sources into 1080i and recording it onto DVDs. 

It's got a built in digital tuner, optical support, USB, toslink, SD Card, and even upscaled HDMI out on it!  Since it also accepts external input (as SVID or composite) as well It will be perfect for converting some of the rarer laserdiscs which I have to DVD. 

It was a bit pricy at $30 for me to normally buy at the thrift (especially with no remote) but apparently they're still selling easily for about $150 on ebay so once I finish my conversions I can probably sell if for an extra bit of cash.  I've been on the lookout for something like this for a couple months after this type of device was recommended to me for LD conversions.  I'm so glad I was patient!

IMG
2015-08-25 Pulp Comics and XBOX Light Guns by xcrement5x, on Flickr

There were a couple of XBOX light guns for cheap that I grabbed up for a chatbox regular but it sounds like he probably doesn't want them since they only work on CRTs.  Not sure if I will keep them or not, I do have some lightgun games already.  They also had some crazy silent scope rifle/shotgun for the xbox that was missing the quick disconnect part on it to connect to the xbox though :(

They also had a number of older comics and weird pulp books from the 70s and 80s.  So I grabbed a couple to give to my brother in law, another guy snagged the Star Wars one which looked really neat but oh well.  There was also some Battlestar Galactica comics, GI Combat, and other ones as well.  At $1 each they were cheap, but I wasn't going to pick them all up either (there were probably about 50 various issues) since that would add up pretty quickly and I don't really need a lot of comics. 

The ones I did grab have kind of cool covers I though, I love that art, dig the chick chained to a post while a monster eats a dude in front of her! :O
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Bloufo

Quote from: guest on 08/26/2015, 11:25 AMLast night the thrift store was good to me:

IMG

I am SOOO happy that I found this unit. It's a Panasonic DMR-EZ48V VHS/DVD Recording unit.  This thing is the bomb, I have never seen VHS look this good, and it's designed specifically for upscaling and converting VHS and composite/SVID sources into 1080i and recording it onto DVDs. 

It's got a built in digital tuner, optical support, USB, toslink, SD Card, and even upscaled HDMI out on it!  Since it also accepts external input (as SVID or composite) as well It will be perfect for converting some of the rarer laserdiscs which I have to DVD. 

It was a bit pricy at $30 for me to normally buy at the thrift (especially with no remote) but apparently they're still selling easily for about $150 on ebay so once I finish my conversions I can probably sell if for an extra bit of cash.  I've been on the lookout for something like this for a couple months after this type of device was recommended to me for LD conversions.  I'm so glad I was patient!
Really nice find! I'm jelly. :)

Myself I've just picked up a Sony DVP-S9000ES DVD/SACD player.
Pristine in box.

Beautiful unit. And built like a tank. Literally. About 35lbs of heavy duty construction.
I'm guessing this thing was probably top of the range for it's time.

I'll post some pics when I get a chance.

wilykat

$15 got me a Sony DAV-HDX585 with 4 of the 6 speakers (will have to check back for 2 missing "rear" speakers), the remote controller and 4 DVD discs still inside the system. 

$15 for a working 5 disc player is good deal.  With original remote and some of the speakers by a quality company like Sony is a steal.  Hell, eBay seller wants $15 just for the remote.

Sparky

Quote from: NecroPhile on 08/26/2015, 10:16 AMYesterday's mail brought me a Lego Jurassic Park for the Vita.  :mrgreen:
Ooooooooo, and on Syliphia... Ooooooooooooohhooooooooo!

escarioth

IMG
IMG

may not have the whole case for snatcher....but i'm working on making a printed one :)
....it was one of the main games i wanted to get for so long...
im happy ...like no jokes... i'm freaking happy.  :mrgreen:

*sigh*
  :cry:
but now im plagued by pneumonia.. even had to cancel my work i almost fainted in front
of my PC :( and even back home the medicine they sold me for this disease (freaking 250$)
is making me puke/shit crazy  ](*,) #-o...

ill play later i guess...

NightWolve

Snatcher!! Some day soon I will commit to sitting down with that game and finishing it!!!!

P.S. Never knew they made a Dune videogame adaptation... I'm not gonna ask how it is...

Mathius

Quote from: NightWolve on 08/28/2015, 12:34 AMSnatcher!! Some day soon I will commit to sitting down with that game and finishing it!!!!

P.S. Never knew they made a Dune videogame adaptation... I'm not gonna ask how it is...
Snatcher's chiptunes on the Sega CD blow the PC Engine's PSG out of the water. The Redbook is the same though if I remember correctly.

I pray you get to feeling better, Escarioth.

NightWolve

Quote from: Mathius on 08/28/2015, 12:55 AMSnatcher's chiptunes on the Sega CD blow the PC Engine's PSG out of the water. The Redbook is the same though if I remember correctly.
Uh-oh, careful now Matt, that's heresy talk around here! Don't we frown upon objectivity when it comes to FEKA ?? You need to rewrite that just a little bit, it should be more like say, "The PC Engine's PSG chiptunes are pretty good, but they're just a tad better on the Sega CD, at least, it seems that way to me, but eh, I could be wrong though..." :P You might be a little too certain of yourself, you know ? Just sayin'. ;)

Mathius

Quote from: NightWolve on 08/28/2015, 01:05 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 08/28/2015, 12:55 AMSnatcher's chiptunes on the Sega CD blow the PC Engine's PSG out of the water. The Redbook is the same though if I remember correctly.
Uh-oh, careful now Matt, that's heresy talk around here! Don't we frown upon objectivity when it comes to FEKA ?? You need to rewrite that just a little bit, it should be more like say, "The PC Engine's PSG chiptunes are pretty good, but they're just a tad better on the Sega CD, at least, it seems that way to me, but eh, I could be wrong though..." :P You might be a little too certain of yourself, you know ? Just sayin'. ;)
Hehe nah. I'm bold that way. Gotta take chances, speak my mind and be objective. And those who know me know that I love and appreciate all game platforms. No fanboyism here, though that may not be entirely true as I will come to the defense of the PCE more so than other consoles.

jtucci31

Quote from: Mathius on 08/28/2015, 12:55 AM
Quote from: NightWolve on 08/28/2015, 12:34 AMSnatcher!! Some day soon I will commit to sitting down with that game and finishing it!!!!

Snatcher's chiptunes on the Sega CD blow the PC Engine's PSG out of the water. The Redbook is the same though if I remember correctly.

Yeah, shh!! I'd like to see a PCE translation of that sometime in my life! But maybe I just have some crazy dreams.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Mathius on 08/28/2015, 12:55 AMThe Redbook is the same though if I remember correctly.

I don't recall the Sega CD Snatcher having much redbook. Most if it was compressed audio.
--DragonmasterDan

escarioth

well let me hint you a little on the agme itself.
its not that bad...but you have to like these kind of game.
you always see from the eyes of main caracter (Paul Atreides)  8)
and you walk around rooms and send your crew do some work around getting spice and exploring.

no action in this game, very passive. But if you loved dune back then it might be a good experience  :wink:
story is nice and all,
voice acting and music is nice enough to enjoy

tknjin

Quote from: dingsbums on 08/22/2015, 09:59 AMGames
IMG
IMG

Vinyl
IMG
Wow you got a lot of nice pick ups there.  Although I am surprised you barely got super tempo because I would have thought you would have had that some time ago lol.  Also I am glad to see you finally got hihou densetsu chris no bouken with spine and Aurelia.  Definitely some really hard games to find with spine.  I actually did really well with my pc engine pick ups, but just need to wait for it to come in the mail, and show the peepz :)

ToyMachine78

It's abominable. Looks like complete ass.

bob

another good sega cd game that doesnt get much love is Rise of the Dragon.  similar point/click with some action elements set in a pretty cool environment.

xcrement5x

Quote from: agent_orange on 08/28/2015, 09:41 AManother good sega cd game that doesnt get much love is Rise of the Dragon.  similar point/click with some action elements set in a pretty cool environment.
Sega CD had a pretty decent stable of adventure games that not a lot of people talk about.  Many were PC ports, but as a kid I didn't have a computer that could do much of anything.  Willy Beamish, Rise of the Dragon, Monkey Island to name a few.  The Jurassic Park game is actually really good too, and I never realized it was an adventure game until much later.

I am an unabashed Sega lover (and Sega CD in particular), but I think most folks here already know that ;)

esteban

Quote from: guest on 08/28/2015, 10:06 AM
Quote from: agent_orange on 08/28/2015, 09:41 AManother good sega cd game that doesnt get much love is Rise of the Dragon.  similar point/click with some action elements set in a pretty cool environment.
Sega CD had a pretty decent stable of adventure games that not a lot of people talk about.  Many were PC ports, but as a kid I didn't have a computer that could do much of anything.  Willy Beamish, Rise of the Dragon, Monkey Island to name a few.  The Jurassic Park game is actually really good too, and I never realized it was an adventure game until much later.

I am an unabashed Sega lover (and Sega CD in particular), but I think most folks here already know that ;)
I smell FEKA matter.

:)

We all love Sega.

DragonmasterDan

Cam Clarke voicing the main character. I remember the game being beatable in like 30 minutes once you knew exactly what to do. I did like the atmosphere, voice acting and theme. But it's no Snatcher.
--DragonmasterDan

Mathius

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 08/28/2015, 03:47 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 08/28/2015, 12:55 AMThe Redbook is the same though if I remember correctly.

I don't recall the Sega CD Snatcher having much redbook. Most if it was compressed audio.
I am referring to the opening cinema and certain major scenes throughout the game.

T2KFreeker

I scored Maniac mansion and VICE: Project Doom for the NES. Both games for under $10.00! Just an awesome week. After checking, I had no clue Vice was going for so much these days. Just insane the way these prices keep going up on Evilbay. Makes me sad. But still, I got them for an affordable price, so all is good!
END OF LINE.

wilykat

Yesterday I had a few things.  I found an used PSP 2001 in case with a game, 2 empty disk cases, and a 2GB memory stick all for $15.  Bad battery but it works when I plugged a generic 5v adapter in.  Judging by the few files on the memory stick, it seems someone got it long ago, played with it for a few hours, then forgot it for the next 5 years before it ended up at Goodwill.  I just bought on eBay a new battery, a proper charger (so I can get my USB hub back working!), and a few games.

Sony PSOne console with controller and AC adapter.  $8  Works as well.  Also got original XBox (type S) controller with breakaway cable cheap.  I passed up a lot of PSX controller (pre-analog), a couple black PS2 controllers, and crapload of icky games or too pricey games. ($20 for a loose DS game? suck my thing)

xcrement5x

IMG
2015-08-31 Urusei Yatsura Anime Cels by xcrement5x, on Flickr

So, this is my first foray into importing anime cels and I was kind of surprised by how cheap they go sometimes.  I paid 200 yen for the 3 cels above, but since I needed them fast I had them shipped via EMS.  Between shipping and fees it was another 3800 yen to get them to my door. 

Still pretty cheap at about $11 a cel I think, but I'm not sure if I'd import more anytime soon.  I'm going to (hopefully) get them signed by the Japanese Voice Actor of Ataru this weekend.  Thanks again to SuperDeadite for pointing me in the right direction to look for them.  :)

IMG
2015-08-31 Popful Mail Poster! by xcrement5x, on Flickr

A new Popful Mail goody, YEAH!!!

This Popful Mail poster showed up a couple months ago and of course I had to grab it for my delightful Popful collection.  It's got some slight wear to it but is still in really nice shape for as old as it looks. 

Based on what I can tell, I think it was a pre-promotion poster for the PC-88/98 versions.  I'm guessing this mainly based on the fact that Tatto looks much older in this artwork than he does in the games.

I think this is the 3rd or 4th Mail poster I've managed to find.  Now I need that Develo Disc though!

Bloufo