10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Winner for New Adventure Island raffle!

Started by cjameslv, 08/04/2015, 10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCEngineHell

Quote from: esteban on 08/20/2015, 11:00 PM
Quote from: PCEngineHell on 08/20/2015, 10:14 PMWaiting for a free game to arrive isn't the problem. Knowing wtf is going on is the problem. I am surprised that was not made clear enough.
You wait for this.

No big deal.

If it is a big deal, then the person has major problems.

OH MY FUCKING GOD!

I DO NOT KNOW THE EXACT STATUS OF THE THE FREE RAFFLE.

GREATEST INJUSTICE.

Professor, I love you, but damn! :)

Quote from: MotherGunner on 08/20/2015, 10:16 PMThanks Esty, now I want to listen to "Everybody, Everybody" by Black Box

#blackboxmatters
Hahahhahahajja!

I actually like that song :)
Seriously Est, just stfu already. You are making it out to be something it is not. You dont know Hercs situation. He is not able to drive currently, so his wife has to check his mail lock box. It is not near their home. Just being able to have some kind tracking on hand and knowing wtf is going on makes life worlds easier for him, since he would not have to have his wife driving down to check the mail every other day just for a game that may, or may not, be there.

Getting tracking and shipping status, let alone a simple reply of some sort about the item, should not be a major deal, free or not. Seriously, If I did this kind of shit to anyone that won any of my raffles, I know for a fucking fact they would be wondering wtf is going on. Given James fucking went dark made it worse, given the drama and all. All Tim wanted to know was wtf is going on. The way he went about it is a tad wrong is all, and he appologized for that.

Honestly if half of you were in Hercs situation, youd honestly been wondering wtf is going on too. But since you were not the winner, its easy as fuck all to point fingers and accuse Herc of being impatient or ungrateful just because he wanted to know whats up. Fuck off with that noise. Its bullshit. Herc isnt like that at all.

HercTNT

Quote from: esteban on 08/20/2015, 10:09 PMPUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

(1) As a courtesy, I'd like to point out that ot's OK to fucking wait.

(2) ALSO, be fucking civil.

(3) AND, it's OK to fucking wait.

(4) OMG! I have to wait for a free raffle?!?!?  HOLY FUCKING SHIT—THE GREATEST INJUSTICE!

(5) Jesus Christ on a fucking Triscuit, please, for the love of humanity, for the Love of our Lourde and Savioure, for the fucking Love of the entire Kosmos, tell me that you are not offended if you have to wait for a free raffle.

(6) Thank you.
Esteban, love you, but you could not be more wrong. My problem is not with waiting. I honestly never expected to win this raffle as I entered in humorous protest over the way Cjames treated the Prof. He knows I spoke my two cents about him in a previous thread so he can't be to happy with me to begin with. When I found out I won, I admit I looked at it as an opportunity to keep his word on the raffle. I don't trust him and reacted out of lack of trust. I should not have done so the way I did I admit. And I did Pm him with an apology for doing so. I no longer want the game. I was gonna give it to the professor to do as he would anyhow and he declined. Please give the game to the next person on the list.
Esteban, i'm one of the most patient people you will ever meet. Was just trying to keep the guy honest.

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 08/20/2015, 10:34 PMI love that song!  I have a whole playlist of late 80's & early 90's R&B on my iPod.
I thought I was the only one who still listened to Jams like that. That, Cece Peniston, Black Box, Music Factory, good stuff.

CGQuarterly

Quote from: guest on 08/20/2015, 11:50 PM
Quote from: CGQuarterly on 08/20/2015, 10:34 PMI love that song!  I have a whole playlist of late 80's & early 90's R&B on my iPod.
I thought I was the only one who still listened to Jams like that. That, Cece Peniston, Black Box, Music Factory, good stuff.
Oh, bro.  You should come over.  We can play some Turbo/Genesis and listen to some fly tunes.

MotherGunner

Jibba, time for a cold one!
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

esteban

Herc: It's all good :)
Prof: You have a Legendary Axe to grind, I get it. But damn! :)

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

If cjames never ever ever sends out the prize, (never ever!), then the current drama would be justified.

Currently, however, this is bullshit, fake-ass drama.

Professor, you have an axe to grind. Be honest. If this was KeithCourage's raffle, you would have a far more tolerant and reasonable attitude about it. 

I jumped into this drama because:
(1) I am a drama queen, too
(2) For a few days, not knowing the status of a free raffle IS NOT A PROBLEM. Never will be. Ever.
(3) If we are incapable of giving cjames time before we crucify him for trivial crap, then it says more about US (you and me, our community) than about cjames.

POINT#3 is the most important one to me. I think we all benefit from working with each other. Period. That means working with the people who annoy you, should the occasion arise. Giving people shit for trivial crap has never, ever, helped foster a productive, healthy community.  But, it does create some drama :)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

esteban

SINCE LAZY FOLKS WON'T READ MY LONG POST: If there is to be drama, then let it unfold naturally. Let cjames show his true self.

In the meantime, let's try to be somewhat civil.

There is no need to stoke the flames of drama (as if this were a reality TV show that deliberately provokes antagonisms)...of course, I am guilty of being dramatic, too. I have to work on this, too.

:)

Prof, you know I will always love you. We just have somewhat different approaches and we are bound to clash at times. But that's what I love about pcefx. :)

PCEngineHell

About that axe to grind shit, wasn't the original goal of this raffle, to bribe people to directly joke about me or something? Oh, then it revolved into taking donations for me and some mess about child support, before finally being edited down to :

Quotenow please go look for more of profs shitty bootleg raffles
How about you just try to not accuse Herc of being ungrateful or impatient anymore Est. The only reason I jumped into this mess is because that is what was being implied of him. I'd not have bothered to post anything else if not for that. Even I told Herc he should have dropped another PM off to James first just to check up, but Herc doesn't have much experience when handling this kind of stuff, and was inclined to keep it public so people knew James was being on the level about it still. Be cool if you knew wtf you were talking about Est, which is why it would prob be best to get off of James dick already and stfu.

And James doesn't have any credit here, so yeah, no fucking slack is going to be given. James isn't fucking KeithCourage, so what are you trying to do here, say they are on the same level? That's a fucking insult to Keith.

All James was simply expected to do was what he said he would do. He himself said he would ship out last Monday. If he couldn't do it, the least he could do was drop Herc a PM letting him know wtf is going on. Instead he went dark. Its fucking retarded to try to defend that, but yeah Est, you go ahead and keep doing it, to ride the fucking drama there, so fuck off with that noise.

Herc doesn't really want the game at this point, so you double posting wasn't even needed. Fuck, I mean he only entered to make sure there was more PCEFX then DoxPhile people entered so it would annoy James. If your hero has not shipped out yet, then he needs to rehold his raffle.

And also Est, your fucking tag line post style has gotten old. Its not funny, and its annoying to read. More annoying then giant walls of text. In other words, that ship has sailed. Go back to a normal posting format, and stop making your post look like that were carefully constructed on some kids Nabi tablet.

cjameslv

Heh esteban im not sure what you and prof are arguing about (im way to lazy to uncheck ignore) but im sure its something lame as prof never has anything actually good to talk about. Thanks for saying something though glad to see we still have some level headed members!

Herc, I don't know you at all or even have spoke to you in a post before this raffle, so not sure how you come up with you don't trust me? Just cause i fucking hate your friend prof doesnt mean anything except i fucking hate prof. That has no bearing on anything else forum related though, not sure why you would see more into it than that. I appreciate your apology though and sorry but your stuck getting this horrible game  :wink: It went out late and i wanted to send it monday but plans went awry. Anyways be sure to post a pic of you playing it when you get it!

NecroPhile

Quote from: esteban on 08/21/2015, 06:44 AMIn the meantime, let's try to be somewhat civil.
Says the guy that jumped at the chance to accuse Herc of being an impatient, ungrateful jerk after Herc had already publicly apologized for jumping the gun.  :roll:

Your sandy vag den mother shtick is wearing thin and more than a little bit hypocritical.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

HercTNT

to all of you I apologize for the added drama. It was not my Intent.

Cjames, I don't know you either. This is why when I speak to you or of you, I'm direct and honest on how i feel, but still civil and polite. I'm an unapologetic good friend of the Professor's and got involved out of emotion my reason's already explained.

Again, I screwed up on what I thought I was trying to do and have publicly and personally apologized to Cjames for it. My fault, lets move on.

xcrement5x

IS IT TOO LATE FOR ME TO ENTER THIS RAFFLE?!
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

PunkCryborg

So the person who won this spite raffle only entered to back up his friend and doesn't even want the game. How fucking retarded this whole situation is. I've held many raffles here since we started doing them and this kind of stuff is so rediculous that I don't even want to do them anymore. What is wrong with you people?

esteban

1a) WHAT STARTED ALL THIS DRAMA?

1b) Folks insisting that  "not knowing the status of a free raffle" warranted drama

2a) WHY DID I JUMP INTO THIS?

2b) Partly for fun :), but also because (1b) is utterly ridiculous

3a) WHAT DID I ACHIEVE?

3b) Everything.

Quote from: guest on 08/21/2015, 12:35 PM
Quote from: esteban on 08/21/2015, 06:44 AMIn the meantime, let's try to be somewhat civil.
Says the guy that jumped at the chance to accuse Herc of being an impatient, ungrateful jerk after Herc had already publicly apologized for jumping the gun.  :roll:

Your sandy vag den mother shtick is wearing thin and more than a little bit hypocritical.
This one goes out to NecroPhile *and* Prof. :)

If you ever bothered to get off your fat, hairy vaginas and read my posts you would know that I freely admitted to (1) drama queen antics and (2) that I need to model proper behavior, myself.  Apparently, even when I overtly point this out, it goes over your heads—have you no appreciation for self-deprecation? For satire? For irony? For something beyond personal insults?

R.I.F.  Reading is fundamental.

Of course, just because I was transparent about goofing around, does not, IN ANY WAY DETRACT from the validity of my argument (the inanity of (1b) mentioned earlier).

I outed my drama queen antics, which I embrace on very  ***rare occasions*** that I indulge in it, unlike you and prof,  who are Drama Queens—the Queens around here with insults and smarmy comebacks ad nauseum. AD NAUSEUM. Whose schtick is getting old? The AngryPissedOffVideoGameMisanthrope schtick has been Olde. For a long time. Olde.

Look at the ratio of INSULTS:MUSINGS for various members and you'll quickly discover that the sour, clammy vaginas belong to you and Prof.

Now, I still love you two, because I believe that behind your smarmy, faux-misanthropy, a warm, fuzzy heart beats in each of your hairy breasts for a mutual love—PCE. Also, I think you are both lovable misanthropes. :)

If you were here, I'd hug you both.

I am man enough to tell you when you bitches are big old Queens. OWN IT.

geise

You wanna know what's fucking old?

All of us...

on a video game forum....

arguing.......

turds.

CGQuarterly

Emerald Rocker

Esteban is right and PCEngineHell is wrong.

I will hereby lay forth the actual rules of handling a raffle post-conclusion.

Raffle Holder:
1. Don't charge for shipping.  If you do, then it's a low-cost sale instead of a raffle, and the rules change.
2. Don't waste your time with tracking.  You're doing someone a favor for free, and it's probably not even a personal friend.  It sucks if the free item gets lost in the mail but hell, it's free.
3. Let the winner know when the item is shipped.  It's the civil thing to do.

Raffle winner:
1. Send your shipping information to the raffle holder promptly.  They're doing you a favor on their time, so don't keep them waiting.
2. After 14 days, if you still don't have anything, ask if the free item has shipped yet.
3. If you don't ever hear back, you have justification to flame-bomb the dude's future sales and raffles.
4. If you DO hear that the free item has shipped but you don't ever get the free item, drop it.
Official member of the PCEFX 4K Post Club

PCEngineHell

Quote from: Emerald Rocker on 08/22/2015, 04:16 PMEsteban is right and PCEngineHell is wrong.

I will hereby lay forth the actual rules of handling a raffle post-conclusion.

Raffle Holder:
1. Don't charge for shipping.  If you do, then it's a low-cost sale instead of a raffle, and the rules change.
2. Don't waste your time with tracking.  You're doing someone a favor for free, and it's probably not even a personal friend.  It sucks if the free item gets lost in the mail but hell, it's free.
3. Let the winner know when the item is shipped.  It's the civil thing to do.

Raffle winner:
1. Send your shipping information to the raffle holder promptly.  They're doing you a favor on their time, so don't keep them waiting.
2. After 14 days, if you still don't have anything, ask if the free item has shipped yet.
3. If you don't ever hear back, you have justification to flame-bomb the dude's future sales and raffles.
4. If you DO hear that the free item has shipped but you don't ever get the free item, drop it.
No one is right, and everyone is right, and no one fucking cares. A day late and a dollar short. And to add to that, hold a bunch of raffles yourself here, then chime in with how you feel they should be run.

esteban

Wait—this isn't Fighting Street?!?

NecroPhile

Saying "I'm a drama queen" is analogous to "I'm not being civil"?  My mistake.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Opethian

everyone in this thread got skullfucked
IMG

bob

So this is what it sounds like when doves cry.

T2KFreeker

WoW...I am actually lost for words...which never happens, so I'll just say...nope, nothing still.  8-[
END OF LINE.

esteban

I was definitely having my period when I posted in here.

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: Nulltard on 08/25/2015, 03:30 PMI want to believe this thread has more action in store for us.
I could post my opinion here. That would get things started up again. With guaranteed guest appearances from my fan club!
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

CGQuarterly

Quote from: guest on 08/25/2015, 05:32 PM
Quote from: guest on 08/25/2015, 03:30 PMI want to believe this thread has more action in store for us.
I could post my opinion here. That would get things started up again. With guaranteed guest appearances from my fan club!
Do it.  It's been a slow day.

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 08/25/2015, 05:39 PM
Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 08/25/2015, 05:32 PMWith guaranteed guest appearances from my fan club!
Do it.  It's been a slow day.
:D

Jibba, you are a...

a...

I got nothing.
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

cjameslv

Well game arrived at HercTNT's house today. I hope he tries to at least play it before he gives it to prof... I'm sure every person who entered would be pretty upset otherwise, as i'm very sure everyone else that entered actually wanted this game. Not sure why he would enter a contest where he didn't want the game or tried to win it for someone not in the raffle?... All i ask of Herc is to give it a try, it is a really fun game!

PukeSter

Quote from: cjameslv on 08/27/2015, 04:56 PMWell game arrived at HercTNT's house today. I hope he tries to at least play it before he gives it to prof... I'm sure every person who entered would be pretty upset otherwise, as i'm very sure everyone else that entered actually wanted this game. Not sure why he would enter a contest where he didn't want the game or tried to win it for someone not in the raffle?... All i ask of Herc is to give it a try, it is a really fun game!
This.

It's honestly one of the best 16-bit platformers. It would be a shame if the game never got played.

esteban

New Adventure Island is a great game.

If you ever enjoyed Wonderboy 1 (SMS) or Adventure Island (NES), then you know the awesomeness...

HercTNT

Quote from: cjameslv on 08/27/2015, 04:56 PMWell game arrived at HercTNT's house today. I hope he tries to at least play it before he gives it to prof... I'm sure every person who entered would be pretty upset otherwise, as i'm very sure everyone else that entered actually wanted this game. Not sure why he would enter a contest where he didn't want the game or tried to win it for someone not in the raffle?... All i ask of Herc is to give it a try, it is a really fun game!
I do not personally have the game. It was intentionally sent to a friends house due to local problems with my postal service. I have called him and he has confirmed the game arrived. he will try to get it to me as soon as possible.

cjameslv

Quote from: HercTNT on 08/27/2015, 07:05 PM
I do not personally have the game. It was intentionally sent to a friends house due to local problems with my postal service. I have called him and he has confirmed the game arrived. he will try to get it to me as soon as possible.
Would love an update on this. Did you play it yet, what were your thoughts?

HercTNT

Sorry for the long wait on this. My friend was finally able to drop the game off to me. We played it on his Express for while. I have to admit I really suck at these games. I have all three adventure island's for the nes and i'm not very good at them either. Graphics and sound are very good. Especially the animated opening sequence and the shadows that appear transparent.

Thank you again.

11990387_10153078086773062_7822077036492162258_n.jpg

esteban

Quote from: HercTNT on 09/15/2015, 11:18 PMSorry for the long wait on this. My friend was finally able to drop the game off to me. We played it on his Express for while. I have to admit I really suck at these games. I have all three adventure island's for the nes and i'm not very good at them either. Graphics and sound are very good. Especially the animated opening sequence and the shadows that appear transparent.

Thank you again.
It is a great game, you just need practice. I don't think everyone dies a million times in this sort of game, making silly mistakes and attempting to pass challenging sections. It is simply the nature of the game.

Later, it gets even crazier.

But it is worth it.