The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vmorr

Not sure if anyone is from southern Ontario but today was the big VGCC swap meet. Think I got some decent deals today; surprised at the amount of NES stuff I picked up. Another highlight: I finally picked up my first PS4 game, after having a PS4 sit in the box it wasshipped in for almost a year?

/vx18ut.jpg

EvilEvoIX

I found some cool common stuff.  I really happy about the N64 Mario Kart Promo Item.  It's a toy MAZE I believe.

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

johnnykonami

Nice finds!  Never saw that Mario Kart toy before.  I assume the joystick moves the maze around ala labyrinth?

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: johnnykonami on 09/20/2015, 07:19 PMNice finds!  Never saw that Mario Kart toy before.  I assume the joystick moves the maze around ala labyrinth?
You got it.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

NightWolve

The Legend of Kage... I remember thee! You are the 8-bit Ninja Spirit predecessor.

Sparky

IMG

Really good game.. Sega cd is really under rated sometimes.

johnnykonami

My sister loved Legend of Kage.  They had it in the arcade/rec room of a campground we stayed at often. (Cherrystone National Park in VA, anyone been?)  I got nailed by the fire breathing dude every time I played it, personally.  She was a bit better, I think she got to some kind of wall climbing part - no doubt if I had it for NES I would have improved, but I think that's as far as I ever saw in the arcade!

Coincidentally, I remember another Cherrystone Park related story.  My dad had hit the lottery and actually won something like $2000 from it, which I now know is damn decent considering how little I've won from it when I've tried.  He gave my sister and I each $50 bucks to blow at the campground (lot of money to us then) and normally I would have dumped a bunch of that at the arcade there, but Splatterhouse had just come out and I hung on to as much of it as I could stand so I could buy it when I got back home.  I think I did cave and change some quarters, so I have this memory of being at Toys 'R Us and paying out the full amount for it in change.  I'm sure I missed a ton of annoyed looks from the cashier.  So worth it though.  Gotta get that one back, one day.

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: NightWolve on 09/20/2015, 07:57 PMThe Legend of Kage... I remember thee! You are the 8-bit Ninja Spirit predecessor.
Oh I didn't know that.  I will enjoy it.
IMGIMGIMG

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 09/20/2015, 08:03 PMIMG

Really good game.. Sega cd is really under rated sometimes.
Sweet tunes also

NightWolve

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 09/20/2015, 09:49 PM
Quote from: NightWolve on 09/20/2015, 07:57 PMThe Legend of Kage... I remember thee! You are the 8-bit Ninja Spirit predecessor.
Oh I didn't know that.  I will enjoy it.
The Legend of Kage NES (Full Game)
Yeah, that was the first introduction to jumping around up high in trees. Heh.

johnnykonami

I thought for a moment Android Assault was one of the games I borrowed from my friend back in the day when he lent me his Sega CD setup. He actually had Black Hole Assault.  I've never played Android Assault, and I just looked up on youtube, and it looks 100 times more awesome.

esteban

Quote from: johnnykonami on 09/20/2015, 10:09 PMI thought for a moment Android Assault was one of the games I borrowed from my friend back in the day when he lent me his Sega CD setup. He actually had Black Hole Assault.  I've never played Android Assault, and I just looked up on youtube, and it looks 100 times more awesome.
BHAS.

Black Hole Assault Sucks.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

ToyMachine78

SCDS

Sega CD Sucks

This ain't no Mr. Rodgers neighborhood!

johnnykonami

Quote from: esteban on 09/20/2015, 10:21 PM
Quote from: johnnykonami on 09/20/2015, 10:09 PMI thought for a moment Android Assault was one of the games I borrowed from my friend back in the day when he lent me his Sega CD setup. He actually had Black Hole Assault.  I've never played Android Assault, and I just looked up on youtube, and it looks 100 times more awesome.
BHAS.

Black Hole Assault Sucks.
I seem to remember that being the case, but I haven't played it since like 1994 or something like that so I can't fairly say.  I was too busy playing through Snatcher and Lunar 2 so it definitely didn't take up a whole lot of my time, though.

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 09/20/2015, 10:45 PMSCDS

Sega CD Sucks

Nah, it's highly enjoyable. The model 1 is a beauty, plus it's worth owning for the 20 or so great games available for it. But I'll stick up for any system hehe.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Mathius on 09/21/2015, 12:58 AMNah, it's highly enjoyable. The model 1 is a beauty, plus it's worth owning for the 20 or so great games available for it. But I'll stick up for any system hehe.
There's 20 or so US exclusive great games for it.

And then quite a few ports or whatever that are good as well. It has a pretty decent library overall, too bad so many RPGs were left in Japan for it.
--DragonmasterDan

xcrement5x

I am 100% on the Sega/Mega CD train and while I'll happily admit there is a ton of filler, FMV, and junk games on the system there are some great games (even FMV ones) as well.  You're doing yourself a disservice by writing it off completely.  :P
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

Psycho Punch

FMV as a genre is kinda underrated because of Sega CD games ("LOL dana plato doing z movies!!!"). There are good FMV games, like the X-Files PC/PS1 game for example, which is very well done and in the style of the TV series; just because almost all FMV centric games are bad designed doesn't mean we should write the genre out. Yeah interactive movies aren't going to replace conventional games but I don't think that was the idea.

This ain't no toymachine's signature!
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

johnnykonami

I personally loved Road Avenger.  I also loved Dragon's Lair and Space Ace in the arcades (I think Road Avenger was also in arcades, but I never saw it.)  Always wanted to play Time Gal and Ninja Hayate too, but never really got the chance.  On the Turbo, I had It Came from the Desert and I definitely went for the hype behind the FMV on that one.  It was still pretty novel at the time.  My friend also had Night Trap and we thought it was pretty entertaining for what it was.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: johnnykonami on 09/21/2015, 01:11 PMI personally loved Road Avenger.  I also loved Dragon's Lair and Space Ace in the arcades (I think Road Avenger was also in arcades, but I never saw it.)
I love Road Avenger as well. I think the Sega CD version plays the best, though obviously the video quality is terrible. I have it on LaserActive as Road Prosecutor and Road Blaster (a direct port of the arcade version) for Saturn. It was released in Arcades, in the US it was a conversion for the Cobra Command laserdisc game, but they sold literally less than 10 of the conversion kits. One of the cabinets used to occasionally show up at California X-Treme though.
QuoteAlways wanted to play Time Gal and Ninja Hayate too, but never really got the chance.  On the Turbo, I had It Came from the Desert and I definitely went for the hype behind the FMV on that one.  It was still pretty novel at the time.  My friend also had Night Trap and we thought it was pretty entertaining for what it was.
Time Gal is cute, Ninja Hayate is ehhh..
--DragonmasterDan

johnnykonami

Oh yeah, I kinda remember going after the Saturn version of Road Blaster at one point.  Never got it, though.  It has different music right?  I played the Sega CD version first so I will always like that music the best.  That's interesting about the arcade conversion, guess that explains why I never ran into one.

ToyMachine78

Quote from: Mathius on 09/21/2015, 12:58 AM

Sega CD Sucks

Nah, it's highly enjoyable. The model 1 is a beauty, plus it's worth owning for the 20 or so great games available for it. But I'll stick up for any system hehe.
The model 1 Genny with the model 1 CD is one sexy beast when paired together. I had 7 or 8 games for it, but just couldn't get into any of them. Its not for me. I think my favorite thing about it was the splash screen.

ToyMachine78

Quote from: guest on 09/21/2015, 07:53 PM
Quote from: guest on 09/21/2015, 07:30 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 09/21/2015, 12:58 AM

Sega CD Sucks

The model 1 Genny with the model 1 CD is one sexy beast when paired together. I had 7 or 8 games for it, but just couldn't get into any of them. Its not for me. I think my favorite thing about it was the splash screen.

Please, fix your fucking tapatalk or whatever shit is making you doublespam your sig. You know it is bad when I point out doublespam. :D
Better?

thesteve

IMG
https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=10203554356058258

custom made steering bushings
made possible by a group buy on a car forum

Mathius

You guys should try Road Avenger for the SNES if you can. It's very well done.

johnnykonami

Quote from: Mathius on 09/21/2015, 11:48 PMYou guys should try Road Avenger for the SNES if you can. It's very well done.
Haha nice!  You did that, huh?  If I ever get a SNES Everdrive I will definitely try it out.

Mathius

Quote from: johnnykonami on 09/22/2015, 12:23 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 09/21/2015, 11:48 PMYou guys should try Road Avenger for the SNES if you can. It's very well done.
Haha nice!  You did that, huh?  If I ever get a SNES Everdrive I will definitely try it out.
No I didn't make it hehe. I think you may need an sd2snes to play it.

johnnykonami

Quote from: Mathius on 09/22/2015, 12:28 AM
Ohh!  You know I googled it and found this article:

http://www.destructoid.com/super-road-blaster-the-impossible-laserdisc-to-snes-port-228189.phtml

it mentions "Matthias "d4s" Nagler" as the creator, so I just decided to make an ass out of u and me and figured it was you!

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: johnnykonami on 09/21/2015, 03:37 PMOh yeah, I kinda remember going after the Saturn version of Road Blaster at one point.  Never got it, though.  It has different music right?  I played the Sega CD version first so I will always like that music the best.  That's interesting about the arcade conversion, guess that explains why I never ran into one.
Road Avenger for Sega CD, Road Blaster Arcade/Saturn/Playstation/PC and Road Prosecutor for Laseractive all have different music. They all also play a little differently.

There is an aiming reticle ala Cobra Command the LD game in the arcade Road Blaster that you use to aim your turbo boosts.

Prosecutor and Blaster play more similarly but prosecutor is way more picky about timing.
--DragonmasterDan

Mathius

Quote from: johnnykonami on 09/22/2015, 12:36 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 09/22/2015, 12:28 AM
Ohh!  You know I googled it and found this article:

http://www.destructoid.com/super-road-blaster-the-impossible-laserdisc-to-snes-port-228189.phtml

it mentions "Matthias "d4s" Nagler" as the creator, so I just decided to make an ass out of u and me and figured it was you!
Don't sweat it, brother. :)

EvilEvoIX

I found some really good stuff for great prices at Replay'd in Boston.  Great store, great prices.

https://www.replayd.com/

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMGIMGIMG

Medic_wheat

That Neo Geo carrying case wow. Looks to be in great condition.

johnnykonami

Cool pickups!  I always wanted a Neo Geo.  One of these days I'd really like to get a MVS cab.  I'm not the world's biggest fighting fan but there's a bunch of other Neo titles I'd love to pick up.  Shock Troopers, Baseball Stars 2, Sengoku (part 1!  Nostalgic to me), one of the Metal Slugs.. Kabuki Klash to bring in some Obey flavor... Damn, it's hard to even pick just 4!

Medic_wheat

I have only two Neo Geo AES games both JP imports.

I pretty much hold onto my AES hoping a ever drive gets made lol

Now my CMVS is where all my Nel love goes as it is so much more affordable. Or was?

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 09/22/2015, 11:25 PMThat Neo Geo carrying case wow. Looks to be in great condition.
It was so cheap, they had no idea what they had.
IMGIMGIMG

Medic_wheat

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 09/23/2015, 12:37 AM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 09/22/2015, 11:25 PMThat Neo Geo carrying case wow. Looks to be in great condition.
Do they have another one?

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 09/23/2015, 01:25 AM
If they did I would have bought that one too.
IMGIMGIMG

bob

a few loose discs for $10 each.  very good shape, few minor scratches.

/loose_001.jpg

so pissed I forgot to bid on this when I was watching it (for the art/manual)...

wayback://ebay.com/itm/Strider-PC-Engine-Arcade-CD-ROM-/153481113605

PCEngineHell

Thats a good deal on the Strider and Valis, Valis 4 loose for $10 though is iffy. The money you saved on the other two really balance that out though.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 09/23/2015, 01:34 AM
So how much did they sell it for?

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 09/25/2015, 05:26 PM
Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 09/23/2015, 01:34 AM
So how much did they sell it for?
$30.  Can you believe it?  Just sitting there in some random Video Game Store in Boston along with some common yet US carts and a Boxed controller.
IMGIMGIMG

ToyMachine78

How much was the AES stick? I've been wanting of those.

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: guest on 09/25/2015, 09:50 PM
$50
IMGIMGIMG

ToyMachine78

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 09/25/2015, 10:34 PM
Quote from: guest on 09/25/2015, 09:50 PM
$50
Damn what a steal! If you find another one like that in good shape, pick it up for me XD

EvilEvoIX

IMGIMGIMG

TR0N

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 09/22/2015, 11:49 PMNow my CMVS is where all my Nel love goes as it is so much more affordable. Or was? 
Buying for the mvs was affordable but prices have been climbing.Unless you go with some multicarts for the system.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

EvilEvoIX

Went back to Replay'd today in Boston which is only a Mile or so from Harvard.  I got me another Neo Geo Game.  I have the Japanese copy but this US version is in pristine condition and was barely used so I couldn't pass it up.  They lowered the price a bit too so I couldn't resist.

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMGIMGIMG

NightWolve

http://www.ebay.com/itm/311442893537

I couldn't buy Legend of Xanadu II for $15 bucks by itself from HitJapan as someone competed with me in the auction, but then right after I saw another listing for both games with a Make Offer option, I tried for $16 total which was accepted. :) I'm guessing condition will be a factor, but whatever, I'll see.

Also, I might just raffle the extra copy of Legend of Xanadu I that I bought from BlueBMW some day since this buy leaves me with 2 copies... Will just pick the best case, manual, CD, etc. and get rid of what's left. :/

IMG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/361288093846

Gulliver Boy. I lost an auction as a sniper came in at the last second. It got bid up to $15.50 as a result. But HitJapan also had 2 other copies with Make Offer, so using that final winning bid, I offered $15.50, but it was rejected... I looked some more, found their other Make Offer listing, I try $15, and they accepted it (maybe it's not as good in condition)! Hah, weird. So yeah, scored it at $15 flat with S/H. They wanted $19 total.

IMG

bob

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 09/26/2015, 10:06 PMWent back to Replay'd today in Boston which is only a Mile or so from Harvard.  I got me another Neo Geo Game.  I have the Japanese copy but this US version is in pristine condition and was barely used so I couldn't pass it up.  They lowered the price a bit too so I couldn't resist
Did you go to the store Sudden Impact yet?

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: agent_orange on 09/27/2015, 08:52 AM
Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 09/26/2015, 10:06 PMWent back to Replay'd today in Boston which is only a Mile or so from Harvard.  I got me another Neo Geo Game.  I have the Japanese copy but this US version is in pristine condition and was barely used so I couldn't pass it up.  They lowered the price a bit too so I couldn't resist
Did you go to the store Sudden Impact yet?
Didn't make it.
IMGIMGIMG