Portland Retro Gaming Convention 2015 October 17th-18th

Started by BigusSchmuck, 09/25/2015, 02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MNKyDeth

Lol that's awesome....

Tell you what.... no, makes you feel warmer lube... I hear it's like a volcano just went off. o.O

NecroPhile

Mmm-hmm, you just heard that it's like a volcano.  :P
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

DildoKKKobold

Midwest Gaming Classic is about the same size as PRGE, but is much more focused on actually gaming and pinball. PRGE seems focused mostly on buying and selling. The vendor tent is probably 1/3rd the size of PRGE's vendor hall. However, the other parts of MGC are massively larger than PRGE. There are rooms for Turbo, Nintendo, and etc. The arcade & console area must be 4-5x larger.
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: guest on 10/21/2015, 02:32 PMDk was cosplay jade?
She didn't win the contest unfortunately. Not even a honorable mention, Strawberry Shortcake and Rapunzel got 1st and 2nd respectively.

ToyMachine78

PCEngineHell

Quote from: guest on 10/21/2015, 01:07 PMHow about you get off your video games, and get a real job? Oh wait, our friendly keyboard warrior is too good for a job.
Ahh lol Sorry guy, got a job, today is my off day. Just spending the day gaming till I go out this evening with a friend to see Crimson Peak. I know, that's a super hard concept for you to grasp, legit jobs, having off days, spending the free time doing stuff you enjoy lol. The irony of all this is you're a scrub in video game forum, demanding others go to work when you're too busy to go to work yourself. All because you cant tear yourself away from your own keyboard.

All because your little pathetic, childish, emotionally unstable ass is too busy stressing over who is trolling you at any given hour or min, or about the game convention stuff, and who recognized you there, and who didn't, or who misused your name. All while trying to comment on others lives, other people you don't even know on a personal level. Maybe if you'd log off, concern yourself with your own work or life or whatever, you'd not have to stress over this forum and game convention stuff, who got your name confused, or what others do on their days off. I mean seriously, you'll drive yourself to a early grave at this rate. Its stupid man. Just stupid as fuck all.

PS, if someone confused me with you in public too, I'd probably be offended myself. I can sympathize with Bigus plight.

majors

Quote from: guest on 10/21/2015, 02:22 PM...There are rooms for Turbo, [end, nothing else matters]
Yes, more about the gaming...and drinking!
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: majors on 10/21/2015, 03:39 PM
Quote from: guest on 10/21/2015, 02:22 PM...There are rooms for Turbo, [end, nothing else matters]
Yes, more about the gaming...and drinking!
Trust me, there was plenty of that going on at the after hours party and in our hotel room. It was after the vendor side closed I really got down on that Joust Pinball game (Yes I know I have said it like three times in this thread lol).
Quote from: guest on 10/21/2015, 03:19 PMStrawberry SC was hawt!
Yeah she even smelled of strawberries too. Like almost overwhelming, made me hungry for some strawberry shortcake. :P

Sarumaru

I wanna say thanks to Joe (and Dave) for stopping by my booth as well. It was good to meet DK also, funny though because we crossed paths at CGE one year and didn't even know it. :P It was good to see Syphic again too. Last time we hanged, neither of us was sober for long lol. Definitely going to PRGE next year!

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: Sarumaru on 10/21/2015, 03:55 PMI wanna say thanks to Joe (and Dave) for stopping by my booth as well. It was good to meet DK also, funny though because we crossed paths at CGE one year and didn't even know it. :P It was good to see Syphic again too. Last time we hanged, neither of us was sober for long lol. Definitely going to PRGE next year!
Like was mentioned before, we really should try to get a group together of us for next year. Would have been that more epic!

syphic

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 10/21/2015, 04:01 PM
Quote from: Sarumaru on 10/21/2015, 03:55 PMI wanna say thanks to Joe (and Dave) for stopping by my booth as well. It was good to meet DK also, funny though because we crossed paths at CGE one year and didn't even know it. :P It was good to see Syphic again too. Last time we hanged, neither of us was sober for long lol. Definitely going to PRGE next year!
Like was mentioned before, we really should try to get a group together of us for next year. Would have been that more epic!
Definitely going back next year. It was a blast. They really need to make this show 3 days. Just not enough time to see and do it all. Saw some hotties there too.... and no DK you weren't one of em!
Awesome trades and deals with:
Fiftyquid, thesteve, keithcourage, mothergunner, Bernie, turboswimbz, Bardoly, BlueBMW, Galam, Elderboroom, dicer

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: syphic on 10/21/2015, 04:16 PM
Definitely going back next year. It was a blast. They really need to make this show 3 days. Just not enough time to see and do it all. Saw some hotties there too.... and no DK you weren't one of em! 
Not even with the hair?!? :(
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

BigusSchmuck

Yeah my buddy was saying the same thing. Kind of irritated him a bit that some of the tourney's weren't advertised on the PRGE page (not until the day of) and no fighting tourney this year. Would have been really neat to see 10 player Saturn Bomberman in all it's glory though the screen better be gigantic!

ToyMachine78

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 10/21/2015, 04:42 PM
Quote from: Sarumaru on 10/21/2015, 03:55 PMI wanna say thanks to Joe (and Dave) for stopping by my booth as well. It was good to meet DK also, funny though because we crossed paths at CGE one year and didn't even know it. It was good to see Syphic again too. Last time we hanged, neither of us was sober for long lol. Definitely going to PRGE next year!
Yeah my buddy was saying the same thing. Kind of irritated him a bit that some of the tourney's weren't advertised on the PRGE page (not until the day of) and no fighting tourney this year. Would have been really neat to see 10 player Saturn Bomberman in all it's glory though the screen better be gigantic!
Bogus your buddy looks like a SmashUp of Abe Lincoln and les claypool lol looks like a fun dude to hang with.

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: guest on 10/21/2015, 05:25 PM
Quote from: Sarumaru on 10/21/2015, 03:55 PMI wanna say thanks to Joe (and Dave) for stopping by my booth as well. It was good to meet DK also, funny though because we crossed paths at CGE one year and didn't even know it. It was good to see Syphic again too. Last time we hanged, neither of us was sober for long lol. Definitely going to PRGE next year!
Bogus your buddy looks like a SmashUp of Abe Lincoln and les claypool lol looks like a fun dude to hang with.
Yeah, I still need to fix the videos he took. lol. He loved fucking with people by going Hail Satan just to see their reactions. No filters on this guy. :P

ToyMachine78

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 10/21/2015, 05:36 PM
Yeah, I still need to fix the videos he took. lol. He loved fucking with people by going Hail Satan just to see their reactions. No filters on this guy.
Sounds like my kinda guy. I love watching southerners here squirm when you tell them you don't believe in god. It completely sucks the air out of the room and they stammer to change the topic while looking at you like you you just grew a second head lol

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: guest on 10/21/2015, 05:45 PM
Yeah, I still need to fix the videos he took. lol. He loved fucking with people by going Hail Satan just to see their reactions. No filters on this guy.
Sounds like my kinda guy. I love watching southerners here squirm when you tell them you don't believe in god. It completely sucks the air out of the room and they stammer to change the topic while looking at you like you you just grew a second head lol
If you watch the video (the 5 minute wonky one) he does a good commentary and mentions that Satan and Buddha likes video games too lol. I forgot that there was this vendor that had a Laseractive game 3D Museum. Almost bought it for the hell of it, but $125 dollars was a bit much.

syphic

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 10/21/2015, 06:06 PM
If you watch the video (the 5 minute wonky one) he does a good commentary and mentions that Satan and Buddha likes video games too lol. I forgot that there was this vendor that had a Laseractive game 3D Museum. Almost bought it for the hell of it, but $125 dollars was a bit much.
That was my buddy Don. I was tempted to pick it up myself. Decided to trade for some of his Sega Genesis stuff.
Awesome trades and deals with:
Fiftyquid, thesteve, keithcourage, mothergunner, Bernie, turboswimbz, Bardoly, BlueBMW, Galam, Elderboroom, dicer

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: syphic on 10/21/2015, 06:22 PM
Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 10/21/2015, 06:06 PM
That was my buddy Don. I was tempted to pick it up myself. Decided to trade for some of his Sega Genesis stuff.
Yeah it was like the second time I came across Laseractive games in the wild. The first was at Retro Game Trader 2 years ago. Tried to tell me I need a PAL Laseractive to play Japanese Mega LD disks. Instead of arguing with the guy, I just shook my head and looked at his other wares.

majors

Quote from: Sarumaru on 10/21/2015, 03:55 PM... Last time we hanged, neither of us was sober for long lol. Definitely going to PRGE next year!
Sounds like my kinda con. Was this back at the hotel or was there a slack open bottle policy?

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 10/21/2015, 04:42 PM... Would have been really neat to see 10 player Saturn Bomberman in all it's glory though the screen better be gigantic!
IMG
Not the biggest projection we could get b/c the room was tight at AWA! I'll have a sweet setup for Youmacon next week...I'm gonna have a 20" PVM running RGB along with a projector thrown up on a screen.
TG/PCE Collection.

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: majors on 10/22/2015, 09:12 AM
Quote from: Sarumaru on 10/21/2015, 03:55 PM... Last time we hanged, neither of us was sober for long lol. Definitely going to PRGE next year!
Sounds like my kinda con. Was this back at the hotel or was there a slack open bottle policy?

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 10/21/2015, 04:42 PM... Would have been really neat to see 10 player Saturn Bomberman in all it's glory though the screen better be gigantic!
IMG
Not the biggest projection we could get b/c the room was tight at AWA! I'll have a sweet setup for Youmacon next week...I'm gonna have a 20" PVM running RGB along with a projector thrown up on a screen.
Now that's what I'm talking about!

gekioh

I second the notion, definitely a group photo next year.

BigusSchmuck

I fixed up my videos of the thing, though I'm sure there are better ones out there. lol I'm curious if anyone got a good video of my ass getting handed on Puzzle Fighter (won once, lost twice). I probably could have done better if that damn Saturn didn't freeze for a sec and a hellish hangover from the depths of Hades...

NightWolve

Quote from: syphic on 10/21/2015, 04:16 PMSaw some hotties there too.... and no DK you weren't one of em!
Don't lie...

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: NightWolve on 10/22/2015, 10:19 PM
Quote from: syphic on 10/21/2015, 04:16 PMSaw some hotties there too.... and no DK you weren't one of em!
Don't lie...
I agree! I was one of the hotties!
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

Sarumaru

Quote from: guest on 10/22/2015, 10:39 PM
Quote from: NightWolve on 10/22/2015, 10:19 PM
Don't lie...
I agree! I was one of the hotties!
His mane was majestic.. like a macaque!

jeffhlewis

If you guys haven't been, you really should hit up MGC in 2016. A bunch of us PCEFXer folks are part of the museum staff, and the show is very much focused on the actual act of...playing video games. If you want to buy collectard shit, there's a sizable vendor space as well, plus arcades and pinballs and whatnot.

Plus there's a dedicated room for Turbo, featuring Joshua and gang. Enough said!

Sarumaru

Quote from: jeffhlewis on 10/23/2015, 01:45 AMIf you guys haven't been, you really should hit up MGC in 2016. A bunch of us PCEFXer folks are part of the museum staff, and the show is very much focused on the actual act of...playing video games. If you want to buy collectard shit, there's a sizable vendor space as well, plus arcades and pinballs and whatnot.

Plus there's a dedicated room for Turbo, featuring Joshua and gang. Enough said!
Hmmm.. it's been a while since I've been to a con as an attendee. Maybe MGC will be the con I go to for funs.

majors

Quote from: Sarumaru on 10/23/2015, 02:16 AMHmmm.. it's been a while since I've been to a con as an attendee. Maybe MGC will be the con I go to for funs.
Same boat here. MGC is my "I-don't-have-to-do-shit" con...just conversate, drink and NOT set my alarm! Plus the location is next to a mall, so it's not a food desert and there is a grocery store you can walk to for supplies, aka BEER!
TG/PCE Collection.

Joe Redifer

Oh god please no do NOT suggest that the con be 3 days. That would be murder. I prefer 1 day cons myself.

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 10/23/2015, 05:54 PMOh god please no do NOT suggest that the con be 3 days. That would be murder. I prefer 1 day cons myself.
As long as I got a good supply of energy drinks I'm good to go! Oh yeah, lots of vitamins from this illness ugh.

PukeSter

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 10/23/2015, 06:21 PM
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 10/23/2015, 05:54 PMOh god please no do NOT suggest that the con be 3 days. That would be murder. I prefer 1 day cons myself.
As long as I got a good supply of energy drinks I'm good to go! Oh yeah, lots of vitamins from this illness ugh.
I'm not sure if I could stay awake for 36 hours lowballing people for Metroid nes at any social event haha.

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: guest on 10/24/2015, 06:35 PM
I'm not sure if I could stay awake for 36 hours lowballing people for Metroid nes at any social event haha.
Lowballing? lol They were asking for $20 for Metroid, I just asked for half. Let me guess, you knew or were one of the vendors that was selling it?

PukeSter

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 10/24/2015, 07:18 PM
Quote from: PukeSter on 10/24/2015, 06:35 PM
Lowballing? lol They were asking for $20 for Metroid, I just asked for half. Let me guess, you knew or were one of the vendors that was selling it?
I was a cameraman at the event, filming some of the cool games the vendors were selling. I managed to score some footage of you akwardly shouting prices negotiating Metroid my friend!

It was a great experience overall.

CGQuarterly

I remember getting flamed back in the day on AtariAge for asking $5 for a Metroid cart.  And I think it was the yellow-label version.

Edit: The drama in this thread isn't exactly making me regret skipping the expo this year.  And to save everyone the effort, "Jibba is a crybaby faggot, blah blah blah."

Sarumaru

Interesting, I saw a metroid at PRGE for 20, asked if he would take 10 for it very kindly. he said 15, i said 12 and he said deal. Maybe it was the same guy? :P

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: Sarumaru on 10/24/2015, 08:46 PM
Interesting, I saw a metroid at PRGE for 20, asked if he would take 10 for it very kindly. he said 15, i said 12 and he said deal. Maybe it was the same guy? :P
Doubt it, he was a schmuck. Didn't have much more than 2hrs of sleep anyway. Negotiating game was off. I was more intersected in the joust pinball game to care

sirhcman

Quote from: guest on 10/24/2015, 06:35 PMI was a cameraman at the event, filming some of the cool games the vendors were selling. I managed to score some footage of you akwardly shouting prices negotiating Metroid my friend!

Were you filming for Metal Jesus or that Nintendo Quest guy?

Sarumaru

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 10/24/2015, 09:18 PM
Quote from: Sarumaru on 10/24/2015, 08:46 PM
Doubt it, he was a schmuck. Didn't have much more than 2hrs of sleep anyway. Negotiating game was off. I was more intersected in the joust pinball game to care
Oh? How was he a shmuck? Well, the guy I got it from had sort of poofy hair, thin and kind of tall-ish. their table was close to the back wall in the vendor hall. Seemed quiet but was nice enough to give me a good price on Metroid. Had some turbob stuff too like a duo and some gaemz.

BigusSchmuck

Didn't want to play ball so stfu. Like I said,was more interested in gaming.  Oh yeah another guy wanted $60 for his hacked Saturn 4 meg thing. Cool and all, but nothing I couldn't do.

jtucci31

Quote from: guest on 10/24/2015, 09:43 PM
Quote from: guest on 10/24/2015, 06:35 PMI was a cameraman at the event, filming some of the cool games the vendors were selling. I managed to score some footage of you akwardly shouting prices negotiating Metroid my friend!

:lol:

NightWolve

Lot of shots being fired around here lately...

BigusSchmuck

Quote from: guest on 10/24/2015, 10:50 PMStfu?

playing ball?

maybe you didn't follow the socially acceptable haggling rules?

when I am looking for a deal, i respect the booth operator and don't make any introduction or conversation. It wastes both of our time. Rather, the polite thing to do is open negotiations and dialog simply by shouting a dollar value of 50% asking price.  Step two is crucial: if the offer is refused, immediately without any other words counter with an offer of 75% asking price.  If the seller blinks in bewilderment, leave without another word.

ideally, a negotiation would play out like this:

*buyer approaches booth without a word and selects $20 item.
[Buyer] TEN DOLLARS?
[Seller] 0_o
[Buyer] FIFTEEN DOLLARS?
[Seller] 0_0
*buyer leaves without a word.

Follow this advice and dealz are easy to come by. :D
Dude, every other vendor followed those rules, just not this one.
Quote from: NightWolve on 10/24/2015, 10:52 PMLot of shots being fired around here lately...
Indeed... Speaking of shots, who's down? :)

PukeSter

Quote from: PukeSter on 10/24/2015, 06:35 PMI was a cameraman at the event, filming some of the cool games the vendors were selling. I managed to score some footage of you akwardly shouting prices negotiating Metroid my friend!

Hey Siracha! Long time no see my friend!

Well, I'm doing this cameraman gig for my buddy GentleGamer. He and I are working on a new project known as NEC Quest!

Thanks to modern crowdfunding, we have stolen the money earned the support of gamers all across the world to film our expedition.

Join GentleGamer on a quest to fulfill the collectard dream, and buy every TurboGraphics-18 game in just 30 days! Will he succeed? Only Dark "DickfaceTAS" Kobold knows...

The $40 DVD will include special features such as

-Turbographics-18 buyers guide featuring MetalJesus
-negotiator tutorials from BigusSchmuck and Nulltard
-a free PCEWorks instruction manual copy of Renny Blaster
-PC Engine Video Review produced by Parallax Master A Black Falcon

and finally a free Obey button from Sarumaru

Sarumaru

sirhcman

Quote from: guest on 10/24/2015, 11:04 PM

Well, I'm doing this cameraman gig for my buddy GentleGamer. He and I are working on a new project known as NEC Quest!

Thanks to modern crowdfunding, we have stolen the money earned the support of gamers all across the world to film our expedition.

Join GentleGamer on a quest to fulfill the collectard dream, and buy every TurboGraphics-18 game in just 30 days! Will he succeed? Only Dark "DickfaceTAS" Kobold knows...

This has to be a joke.. I wonder what you are really filming...hmmm

IMG

Gentlegamer

Quote from: guest on 10/24/2015, 11:04 PM

This is like the "This is Spinal Tap" of collectard/tubetard/e-celebtard videos.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.