@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

What is your favourite soft drink?

Started by Otaking, 11/10/2015, 12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otaking

What is your favourite soft drink?

Ever since I was a kid one of my favourite things to do is to relax in a nice comfy chair with a video games magazine (printed) and an ice cold soft drink.

Some of my fave soft drinks are:

Bundaberg Root Beer
Imported from Austrailia this is only available in the UK at a posh super store called Waitrose, there's none near where I live so when I'm vistiting a city that has one I stock up on a load of bottles.
IMG

Fentimans Curiosity Cola
IMG

Levi Roots Coconut Cooler
I'm often trying out new drinks and gave this Coconut Cooler a go recently and liked it.
Couldn't find a usuable size image of it by itself.
IMG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

NecroPhile

I drink more diet Mt. Dew than anything else, but I like just about anything that's not a plain cola.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

blueraven

RC Cola

IMG

...with Sidral at a close second.

IMG

xcrement5x

I can't drink soft drinks, or anything carbonated in general.  The carbonation makes me want to throw up every time.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

DragonmasterDan

I've quit drinking regular soda.

With that said I had a terrible Mountain Dew addiction for years.
--DragonmasterDan

synbiosfan

I have one regular soft drink with dinner and it's Pepsi.

Due to diabetes,  I have a Diet Coke any other time.

hoobs88

It's a 3 way tie between the following Mt. Dew flavors - Baja Blast, Solar Flare, Game Fuel: Blue (berry/lime)

IMG IMG
IMG
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

VestCunt

Topic Adjourned.

johnnykonami

I was a huge Pepsi drinker, loved the stuff - as well as other sodas, ginger ale, and so on.  I recently quit cold turkey though, for health reasons.  I have diabetics on both sides of my family, and I'm getting up there in years now as much as it pains me to admit it.  So I'm slowly transitioning over to a more "adult" diet that I probably should have started years ago.  I haven't had any of it for a few months now, and I've been feeling more energetic at least.  Now my drink of choice is iced tea (unsweet, I hate the taste of sweet tea) with lemon or lemonade in it if I indulge a little (Half & Half aka Arnold Palmer.)  Speaking of healthy choices, Chic-Fil-A (I kid, I kid) makes a pretty good lite arnold palmer with unsweet tea and the light lemonade there.  No idea how much sugar or sucralose or aspartame or what is in it, but it's gotta be a healthier choice than the constant stream of Pepsi I was drinking.

seieienbu

I used to drink soda all the time but not so much these days.  I occasionally pick up Mexican Coca-cola or Sprite at the grocery store though.  I like sweetener from sugarcane way more than the fructose corn syrup.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Psycho Punch

This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

xcrement5x

Quote from: johnnykonami on 11/10/2015, 02:09 PMI was a huge Pepsi drinker, loved the stuff - as well as other sodas, ginger ale, and so on.  I recently quit cold turkey though, for health reasons.  I have diabetics on both sides of my family, and I'm getting up there in years now as much as it pains me to admit it.  So I'm slowly transitioning over to a more "adult" diet that I probably should have started years ago.  I haven't had any of it for a few months now, and I've been feeling more energetic at least.  Now my drink of choice is iced tea (unsweet, I hate the taste of sweet tea) with lemon or lemonade in it if I indulge a little (Half & Half aka Arnold Palmer.)  Speaking of healthy choices, Chic-Fil-A (I kid, I kid) makes a pretty good lite arnold palmer with unsweet tea and the light lemonade there.  No idea how much sugar or sucralose or aspartame or what is in it, but it's gotta be a healthier choice than the constant stream of Pepsi I was drinking.
I pretty much only drink tea or juice myself.  If I'm at home it's normally milk though, what they charge for a glass of milk in a restaurant is nuts, and it's rarely skim so I'd rather just have something else.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

GohanX

CGQuarterly

I don't really drink that much soda.  I used to drink a metric shit-ton of Powerade Zero, but I started making my own low-calorie "sports" drink using Kool-Aid, Splenda, and some "light" salt (has other minerals besides sodium).  When I eat out, I generally drink diet coke, unless the place has one of those fancy soda machines with the touch-screen.  Those generally have every soda under the sun (made by either Coke or Pepsi), in which case it usually has other zero-calorie options like Diet Dr. Pepper, flavored Diet Coke, or even Diet Fanta or Diet Mello Yello.

Edit: Hey Yohan, you can probably change your sig now.

Bernie

I am not much of a soft drink person, but I certainly enjoy a good rootbeer or cream soda.  :)

jtucci31

seieienbu

Quote from: Bernie on 11/10/2015, 07:27 PMI am not much of a soft drink person, but I certainly enjoy a good rootbeer or cream soda.  :)
I used to drink a ton of cream soda.  Sometimes I'd make a ghetto Dreamcicle soda by using half cream soda and half orange soda.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

SuperGrafx

It used to be Coke Zero.

But I've cut back on my soda consumption lately.  Now it's usually flavored waters or green tea.

ToyMachine78

Rockstar, Dr. Pepper, and Barqs

esadajr

my poison is A&W cream soda and Vanilla Coke
Gaming since 1985

Psycho Punch

Quote from: Psycho Punch on 11/10/2015, 04:34 PMGuaraná Antártica
To elaborate more now that I'm in a computer, I just love Guaraná Antártica, shame that there isn't anything like that in the US. It is a guarana flavored soda, and it is great! The Coca Cola company has something called Kuat that's close but I don't think they sell it outside Brazil.

IMG

If you're feeling rich I'm sure you could buy some overpriced cans off of amazon. I highly recommend it if you can find it.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!

TR0N

I hardly drink soda any more once in a while though pepsi or root beer.These days i drink tea more.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

ClodBusted

Vita Cola (similar to Coke but flavored with lemon and a little less sweet tasting, has its roots in former East Germany).

kosko99

Soft drunk uh....
lemon schweppes maybe... the "lemon dry" was also good

Schweppes-limon.webp

Psycho Punch

Otaking

Quote from: guest on 11/10/2015, 04:34 PMGuaraná Antártica
This is nice, I've had it once when had lunch at a Brazilian restaurant.

Another one I buy quite often is from Italy
San Pellegrino Blood Orange
IMG
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

GohanX

Quote from: CGQuarterly on 11/10/2015, 07:08 PMEdit: Hey Yohan, you can probably change your sig now.
Yeah, I probably should.

xcrement5x

Quote from: guest on 11/11/2015, 03:40 AMVita Cola (similar to Coke but flavored with lemon and a little less sweet tasting, has its roots in former East Germany).
Sony told me the Vita is already dead, so I would stock up on that as much as you can before it's gone ;)

CatPix

I'm not much of a soft drink person. water is jsut what I need most of the time.
Tho sometime for lazing, some Dr Pepper, and some Lorina
IMG
In true glass and "mechanical cap" bottle

wilykat

I prefer old fashioned cream soda but it's never found in restaurants and rarely found in stores so I get whenever I can.  Second choice is Mountain Dew (regular or Baja Blast)

In the past I would have had no trouble chugging down then entire 2 liter bottle in a few hours but these days I've pretty much cut back to just once in a while.  I don't have health issue but my family has diabetes history.  These days I drink mostly real juices (not the water down shit loaded with sugar, 100% pure from fruits)

Sparky

Trying to watch the figure so instead of a soft drink I drinks Perrier.. (( high class look, finishes wine)) The fucking bubbles and the different favours make it like a soft drink with out the calories! :P

I do not mind a Coke Zero from time to time.

MotherGunner

Too easy...

deviantart/bonk_atomic_punch_advertisement_spray_by_superdjroblox-d8cl6zc.jpg
BonkAtomicPunch2.jpg
bonk_atomic_punch_prop_by_necromaxic.webp
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

ParanoiaDragon

I rarely drink soda anymore, gotta watch my girlish figure!  Seriously though, I cut way back, drink lots of water, sometimes lemonade, & of coarse, I drink coffee to wake me up each day.  I have some soda at home, but I go thru it very slowly.  This is what I love

Mountain Dew(prefer the corn syrup), Pepsi(prefer the cane sugar), Sunkist, Cactus Cooler, Dr. Pepper, Sprite.

I do find that I enjoy Mountain Dew & Pepsi with Mexican food, as if it were a choice wine!
IMG

LostFlunky

Opethian

IMG

Jason_dicarlo85

PukeSter

Root Beer!

The best root beer I've ever had is Sprecher Root Beer. It's kinda pricey online though.

VenomMacbeth

I love ginger ales/beers.  My favorites so far are Blenheim, which is basically carbonated mineral water with ginger juice & sugar, and it has a lovely spice to it...but my all-time favorite is Sioux City ginger beer, which tastes like a carbonated ginger snap.  I've only ever had it once, wish I could find it again...
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Speedy

Root Beer or Lemonade. I rarely have soft drinks but both of those are preeeeetty good.

crazydean

Went to World Market last weekend with my wife. I'm not a big soda drinker but I like trying interesting flavors. Anyway, picked up this sampler on sale.

http://www.orcabeverage.com/samplepacks/750wide/TailgateAmericana10Pack.png

I am really impressed with the bold flavors. All are sweeter than typical varieties, even the root beer. The flavor not shown on the box is a Ginger Ale. Personally, I don't like the Ginger Ale because it's too spicy for me. The other four are great, though.

http://www.orcabeverage.com/storefront/12_pack_images/AmerGingerLarge.png

ToyMachine78

Speaking of weird sodas.... I found these at the beach this year

IMG

Neither were very good, but interesting.

crazydean

Quote from: guest on 11/20/2015, 06:57 AMNeither were very good, but interesting.
Lol. I hope you didn't expect them to be. Jones has made a PB&J, but hot wings just sound awful.

HailingTheThings

That's right...

IMG

This was my jam back in the day.
IMG

geise

Quote from: guest on 11/20/2015, 06:57 AMSpeaking of weird sodas.... I found these at the beach this year

IMG

LOL!  I hope to God you did not put that in your body. 

For me if I do drink soday (which is rare) it's a coke or sprite.  However a favorite of mine would have to be this:

IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: guest on 11/20/2015, 06:57 AMSpeaking of weird sodas.... I found these at the beach this year

IMG

That reminds me of the bacon soda my nephew had.  It was predictably terrible, like drinking carbonated bacon grease.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: guest on 11/11/2015, 10:29 PMTrying to watch the figure so instead of a soft drink I drinks Perrier.. (( high class look, finishes wine)) The fucking bubbles and the different favours make it like a soft drink with out the calories! :P
I'm the same, except for Perrier I just buy the much, much cheaper Trader Joe's carbonated water, and I strictly avoid the flavors (just don't find them good). I know some mineral water is supposed to be better, but honestly, I don't prefer them either. Pelegrino just doesn't have the spark (no pun intended) that regular seltzer has.

I once wanted to make my own seltzer, but it seems like it's a whole lot of work for individual use.

cr8zykuban0

im a big fan of ramune, dr. pepper and inca kola. 

sooooo much sugar

roflmao

This has been my recent addiction:
IMG

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Otaking

Quote from: guest on 12/23/2015, 05:40 PMThis has been my recent addiction:
IMG
My 8 year old daughter loves Canada Dry Ginger Ale, we only let her have one of the mini cans though.

IMG