RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Random Pictures Thread

Started by Joe Redifer, 02/10/2010, 02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloufo

Warbucks

esteban

Quote from: johnnykonami on 02/08/2016, 01:36 PM
Quote from: esteban on 02/08/2016, 11:19 AM
Quote from: guest on 02/08/2016, 11:06 AM
Quote from: Bloufo on 02/05/2016, 11:45 PM
Winging?  Is that a Bette Midler reference, dislike for fatty, messy chicken noms, or what?
I spell it "whinging"... it means "complaining" and my grandma, who is English, spent 15-20 years of her life telling her grandkids to STOP WHINGING.

TRÜ STORIE.

Bonus: I guess the "stop nagging" button makes this button redundant?
I think these are two different things.  Nagging is like "mow the lawn, fix the sink.." yada yada.  Whining is more a complaint about something that is not necessarily about you.  Whining about the people at work, for instance.  And everyone is allotted some of this, I think, but there is a limit.  In my family, whining is any kind of complaint that generally doesn't impress anyone else besides the whiner.  But word sticklers might reserve it for the actual tone of the complaint delivery - a definite audible whine.
whining vs whinGing (notice the G in there):

To WHINGE is to "constantly complain in an irritating manner"

I think it is a term that older generations of "British" folks use (like my grandma)...I'm not sure if it is still a popular term...
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

johnnykonami

Quote from: esteban on 02/09/2016, 12:15 PMwhining vs whinGing (notice the G in there):

To WHINGE is to "constantly complain in an irritating manner"

I think it is a term that older generations of "British" folks use (like my grandma)...I'm not sure if it is still a popular term...
I did notice, I just thought it was a typo!  I must claim ignorance on this term, I haven't heard it before.

Joe Redifer

Quote from: Warbucks on 02/08/2016, 09:55 PMBest way to watch Jaws

IMG
Disagree x1000!!  Look at that shitty screen. Just look at it. It doesn't even have any masking! The contrast completely sucks. I can get a better picture from VHS no contest. The sound system is likely just as bad if not even worse. Can you say "Shittiest way to watch anything" ? I can.

OldMan

QuoteBest way to watch Jaws
You guys can see better than I can....Are there any ladies there?

HailingTheThings

Quote from: TheOldMan on 02/10/2016, 01:12 AM
IMG
IMG

NightWolve

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 02/09/2016, 11:32 PM
Quote from: Warbucks on 02/08/2016, 09:55 PMBest way to watch Jaws
IMG
Disagree x1000!!  Look at that shitty screen. Just look at it. It doesn't even have any masking! The contrast completely sucks. I can get a better picture from VHS no contest. The sound system is likely just as bad if not even worse. Can you say "Shittiest way to watch anything"? I can.
LMAO.

Bloufo

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 02/10/2016, 02:12 AM
IMG
That's 100% a dude.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: guest on 02/11/2016, 01:02 AM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 02/10/2016, 02:12 AM
IMG
That's 100% a dude.
You sure? :3
IMG

o.pwuaioc

I was kidding. But there are some females to the right, it seems.

Warbucks

I think it is a female, underneath the ponytail is a crossback bikini.
(Not sure if that is what they are called, but I will go with it.)

Bloufo

NightWolve

Quote from: Bloufo on 02/11/2016, 12:33 AM/2ldkaae.jpg
What a party pooper, permanently rules out ever allowing a party in her pooper the prude that she is... :/

xcrement5x

Man, that girl looks like she's got the skank all over her anyway.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

ClodBusted

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

HailingTheThings

IMG

ClodBusted

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Warbucks

Bloufo

NightWolve

Checking out Ys games with my new LG 43" 4K panel. Resolution set to 1024x768 (which is native for the game) and 75Hz since this panel is actually capable of it. Was hoping to find a genuine 120Hz panel at this screen size for my upgrade, but the LG 43UF6400 has proven to be good enough. I'd have to throw another $200 or so for a Sony Bravia to get genuine 120Hz support for use as a good computer monitor.

IMG
IMG

NecroPhile

NightWolve

xcrement5x

Ys Napishtim is actually on my hitlist of titles to play on the PSP once I finish Brandish. 
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

geise

Don't bother with it on the psp.  Even if you play it from an iso it still has issues.  If you have a pc I would play it that way.  I think it was harder for me to get into the psp version cause I played the pc version first.  It looks so good, even now.

NecroPhile

I played through it on the PSP Go without any troubles.  It still loads far too often, but the loads are so short that it didn't bother me.

geise

My issue is with frame rate and slowdown.  CFW helps since the game was originally locked to 222mhz.  with an iso and 333mhz it's a lot better.

bartre

I had 0 problems with the ps2 version too.

xcrement5x

I'm mainly going to play it on the PSP since I can sneak playing it in much easier on a mobile device than anything else.

NightWolve

Quote from: bartre on 02/18/2016, 02:56 PMI had 0 problems with the ps2 version too.
Yeah, I bought and beat that long time ago. It's quite a bit a step down graphically from the PC version though (didn't consider how inferior a PS2 really was till seeing the differences with this game).

I actually used some of its script for the beta English patch I produced for the PC version. I'd also like to one day extract all the voice-acting and produce a definitive patch with a Konami option which switches to the script and voice-acting from said PS2 version into the far better Windows PC version. An ideal patch/installer would have a switch with a Konami or XXXSEED option so one could play under different translation styles and see what they prefer.

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: guest on 02/18/2016, 11:04 AMI played through it on the PSP Go without any troubles.  It still loads far too often, but the loads are so short that it didn't bother me.
Wait, did Konami release it on PSN at one point, or are you running CFW on the PSP Go?  I've wanted to play thru it on my PSP or Vita, but didn't want to deal with the load times, so I used to hope that Konami was going to release it on PSN, & hope that the load times were significantly improved.

I never did play the PC version, I have it(I think I have a cd version rather then dvd??  It's buried somewhere in my collection), but only ever played it on PS2.  I should probably fire it up again soon!
IMG

ClodBusted

I've got the PS2 version, but did just played the beginning of the game, not much further yet.

I think it is quite nice that you can switch to Japanese voice acting and the anime FMV cutscenes via the cheat menu.

Warbucks

NecroPhile

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 02/19/2016, 01:46 AMWait, did Konami release it on PSN at one point, or are you running CFW on the PSP Go?
Custom firmware for me.  I'm naughty and ain't gonna pay to download a game I own already on UMD.

xcrement5x

Quote from: NecroPhile on 02/19/2016, 11:05 AM
Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 02/19/2016, 01:46 AMWait, did Konami release it on PSN at one point, or are you running CFW on the PSP Go?
Custom firmware for me.  I'm naughty and ain't gonna pay to download a game I own already on UMD.
Same here.  Just started the game and I'm not sure about the character designs, but I will always give it a fair shake!

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: guest on 02/19/2016, 11:05 AM
I'd probably do the same, but am lazy.  I don't mind spending a little bit for a game I already own.  For instance, I just bought Legend of Mana on PSN for $3 when it was on sale.  That's what I typically do, rather then paying full price, I wait for a great sale.
IMG

Bloufo

/htsn0y.jpg

Hipster Abe.

o.pwuaioc

NightWolve

geise

LOL that is some creepy shit!

ClodBusted

For those of us who still remember Sim City 2000.

IMG

Psycho Punch

Quote from: guest on 02/22/2016, 04:08 PMFor those of us who still remember Sim City 2000.

IMG
How bout A-Train, how come no one remembers about A-Train?

IMG
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

esteban

Quote from: guest on 02/22/2016, 07:15 PM
Quote from: guest on 02/22/2016, 04:08 PMFor those of us who still remember Sim City 2000.
IMG
How bout A-Train, how come no one remembers about A-Train ?

IMG
A-Train. Awesome.

I'll take THREE majokal chaise, please.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

ClodBusted

Hahaha! Great picture.
I know A-Train from my DOS days in 1994. I also remember that I loved trains, but totally sucked at that game from the many many Game Over screens.
Since 2002, I'm an addict to Simutrans on Windows, which is similar to A-Train in the way of putting more emphasis on simulated economy than Railroad Tycoon. But it is not as hardcore economy wise as A-Train, it is more about getting passengers and goods from A to B over C with trains, trucks, ships, planes and even horses, depending on the historical year you start the game. But what it does, it does with deep passion.

Bloufo

Warbucks

Sparky