Turbob Xpress: Bringing affordable "gamer's" games to the community! Nearly Gone

Started by BlueBMW, 10/29/2015, 10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

unclebugspayton

spawnshop

Quote from: Brraap on 12/21/2015, 11:45 AM
Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 12/20/2015, 02:36 PMCant wait until jodi comes out with the godzilla manual and inserts! His work is awesome!
Ready to go just after Christmas
IMG
Wow, these look quality!  Great work!

spawnshop

Would be totally interested if any left or any future releases.

Jason_dicarlo85

in99flames

I am somebody's mommy!
----name that movie quote :)

cr8zykuban0

GoldenWheels

Jeez! What did those PCE Works discs sell for in the first place?

toaks

I would be interested if there are any left, or if there are any future releases. Just got a Pc Engine Duo and would like to start building a collection.

in99flames

Quote from: GoldenWheels on 01/27/2016, 09:18 AMJeez! What did those PCE Works discs sell for in the first place?
I actually went to the site to check. If im not mistaken i think it was like...127 for those three. It was in Euros or GBP(cant remember)...regardless its still a for a huge profit.....*sigh*
I am somebody's mommy!
----name that movie quote :)

CrackTiger

Quote from: Jason_dicarlo85 on 01/24/2016, 09:31 PMhttp://m.ebay.com/itm/151961829022?_mwBanner=1&ul_noapp=true
"Collectors Edition" bootlegs. :lol:

Same guy flipping two different pceworks sets for no less than double their recent "retail" prices. What a real collector/game fan. :/
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

o.pwuaioc

So what's the best way to get rid of one of Bernie's discs? I assume a raffle would need to exclude certain folks?

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 01/27/2016, 10:49 PMSo what's the best way to get rid of one of Bernie's discs? I assume a raffle would need to exclude certain folks?
Just set a reasonable post count limitation and raffle it.

ObeyMyEgo

I'm a bit new to TurboGrafx/PC engine stuff.

so the eBay links posted are basically how quality bootlegs? I thought eBay didn't allow counterfiet or copies of copyrighted material?

MasonSushi

i messaged twice and never got a response. I guess they are out. I wanted wave 2 minus castlevania.  :(

Warbucks

I sent Bernie a message also, he might just be busy and hasn't gotten around to checking the PMs.

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: obey my ego on 01/28/2016, 05:46 AMI'm a bit new to TurboGrafx/PC engine stuff.

so the eBay links posted are basically how quality bootlegs? I thought eBay didn't allow counterfiet or copies of copyrighted material?
They do unless enough people report it.

Bernie

Quote from: Jason_dicarlo85 on 01/24/2016, 09:31 PMhttp://m.ebay.com/itm/151961829022?_mwBanner=1&ul_noapp=true
Please stop.

And my stance on selling or raffling these off.  I dont care.  I really dont.  They are yours to do with what you like.  Just use common sense.  Raffle em here if you like, or if you wanna sell them on eBay, start em as an auction.

IvanBeavkov

Due to popular demand (T2KFreeker) here are my custom instruction pamphlets for The Dynastic Hero and Might and Magic 3.

If anyone has better scans of the covers for these games I would appreciate it. The ones I got are OK but a little fuzzy. I would like to update them if anyone has better ones.

High quality versions can be found here:
https://goo.gl/photos/Mc69TSw2EJpXvBq58

Dynastic Hero outside
Dynastic Hero - Front Outside.jpg

Dynastic Hero inside
Dynastic Hero - Front Inside.jpg

Might & Magic 3 outside
Might and Magic III - Front Outside.jpg

Might & Magic 3 inside
Might and Magic III - Front Inside.jpg

Psycho Punch

The M&M3 print thingy could benefit of one internal page being dedicated exclusively for taking notes, lots of passwords and quests that won't appear in your "quest" menu or anywhere else for that matter, besides the NPC/object that will give you the info.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Scillianaire

This thread being inactive for a whole month makes me sooo sad.

tbone3969

I'm praying for round 3...

How can we "as a community" help?

Whose gears can we lube?
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

780racer

Quote from: tbone3969 on 03/03/2016, 02:27 PMI'm praying for round 3...

Air zonk
syd meads
Ys 4 translated
 and maybe camp california?

tbone3969

Quote from: 780racer on 03/03/2016, 02:37 PM
Quote from: tbone3969 on 03/03/2016, 02:27 PMI'm praying for round 3...

Air zonk
syd meads
Ys 4 translated
 and maybe camp california?
All great choices except for maybe Camp California.  Is that game any good?  I don't know anything about it really.
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

cr8zykuban0

Bernie

One thing we may not have been clear on, is future titles.  Tobias is totally in charge of what games go to press, not us.  Now, I have sent him info on titles lots of folks have asked about, and I am sure he takes that into consideration.  However, in the end, Turbob Xpress has no final say in which games come our way.  I hope that clears that up a little.  :)

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 03/03/2016, 03:40 PMAir zonk and terraforming would be awesome!
How about some games I don't already have! :P

Translations would be highest up on my list.

tbone3969

Quote from: guest on 03/03/2016, 03:50 PM
Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 03/03/2016, 03:40 PMAir zonk and terraforming would be awesome!
How about some games I don't already have! :P

Translations would be highest up on my list.
Kaze Kiri?

jlued686

I'll add my vote for Super Air Zonk. But after that, translations would also be high on my list.

tbone3969

A pressed version of the Mega Man released for the PC Engine CD would be awesome IMHO

780racer

Sadler

Soooo... I mean, I think what Blue and company have done for PCEFX is great. But some of you guys are asking for things that creators have pretty explicitly said that don't want to have made. Did I miss something? Do we just not care about that anymore now that the cat is out of the bag?

tbone3969

Quote from: Sadler on 03/03/2016, 04:27 PMSoooo... I mean, I think what Blue and company have done for PCEFX is great. But some of you guys are asking for things that creators have pretty explicitly said that don't want to have made. Did I miss something? Do we just not care about that anymore now that the cat is out of the bag?
I hear you.  I think we are more just dreaming of titles we want.  Anything else that is released at this point is really just icing on the cake after the awesome first 2 releases.

780racer

Quote from: tbone3969 on 03/03/2016, 04:29 PMI hear you.  I think we are more just dreaming of titles we want.  Anything else that is released at this point is really just icing on the cake after the awesome first 2 releases.
^ This.

If it does not happen, I don't see anyone complaining, but pipe dreams are cool. Esp. for the super expensive games or translated games.

HailingTheThings

Quote from: tbone3969 on 03/03/2016, 03:16 PMAll great choices except for maybe Camp California.  Is that game any good?  I don't know anything about it really.
I think its fun. Kinda awkward. Decent soundtrack, some tracks are downright wow-status. Also, there be leather gimps if you look closely. <3
IMG

ginoscope

Don't get me wrong I appreciate what Bernie and Co. did with the first two rounds.

Does everyone really have issues reading CD-Rs?  I had issues on my PC Engine DUO and TG16 cd and after changing both lasers they read everything perfectly.  Not trying to be an ass just wondering.

Bernie

We have had a couple devs say they were not against having Tobias press their stuff, but I will let them speak here if they want.  Those projects are not anything ready right now anyway. 

But yeah, I feel shying away from fan translations would be the best bet, UNLESS said translator has said they gives no shits.  I am fine with getting the more expensive releases, and anything else is just a surprise. 

On another note....we do have some inside info on getting fan made projects pressed here in NA.  I won't say too much about it at this moment, but the idea has taken form.  Do not expect anything soon, as everything related to that is still ways off.  Thee guys making games, and converting from NES to PCE, they have lives, and this is a time consuming hobby.  But, yes...there are a couple things on the back burner right now.  I will let them chime in if they so choose.  :)

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: ginoscope on 03/03/2016, 06:15 PMDon't get me wrong I appreciate what Bernie and Co. did with the first two rounds.

Does everyone really have issues reading CD-Rs?  I had issues on my PC Engine DUO and TG16 cd and after changing both lasers they read everything perfectly.  Not trying to be an ass just wondering.
Yep, my Duo can't read CD-Rs. I don't really want to bother with changing the laser, and besides, Bernie's prices are essentially covering costs, there's no point in doing so. Having almost original art on the CD is an added bonus—who doesn't like admiring all parts of a game, gameplay + media + manual + artwork?

Bernie

Quote from: guest on 03/03/2016, 07:42 PM
Quote from: ginoscope on 03/03/2016, 06:15 PMDon't get me wrong I appreciate what Bernie and Co. did with the first two rounds.

Yep, my Duo can't read CD-Rs. I don't really want to bother with changing the laser, and besides, Bernie's prices are essentially covering costs, there's no point in doing so. Having almost original art on the CD is an added bonus—who doesn't like admiring all parts of a game, gameplay + media + manual + artwork?
I believe his comment was geared more towards fan translated games.

EmperorIng

I have a stack of CD-rs that I really need to put to good use so I can finally enjoy NightWolve & co.'s work on Ys IV and Xak III. A doujindance-modded system shouldn't have problems with CD-rs, right?

I would imagine that if potential titles come from Tobias' stock, then Sylphia, Fausette Amour, and Kaze Kiri would be somewhat logical picks if you wanted to avoid fan-translations. I'd definitely love to see the first two, but I'm willing to offer congratulations on what was already printed.

geise

Did he already do Renny Blaster?  Surprised he didn't do     
Bazaru De Gozaru No Game Degozaru or the TV Show yet, but quite a few don't even really know about those games unless they are heavy into the pc-engine.

EmperorIng

Probably just as well he skipped The TV Show; he printed enough meh games as-is. =)

geise

Gentlegamer

IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

synbiosfan

That's what it looks like. :cry:

Helpful guy, long before this thread came about.

MNKyDeth

I appreciate all he did for the forum here. The pressed discs and making xmas super great this past year.

Is it just temporary?

wildfruit

Bernie is gone?
Gee I missed a lot on hiatus.
Shame, I was going to hit up a DE2 and DracX

tbone3969

"Feel the Bern"

Truly one of the best out there.

He will be missed.

cdpog

It seems Im a bit late to this party. If Bernie is out, then who can we contact about the discs that are still available? Is it all over? wont someone think of the children?
paul blart mall blart