If you had to pick between these 3 shooters.....

Started by TheAlphaOmegaX3, 04/23/2016, 07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NightWolve

Quote from: Otaking on 05/03/2016, 02:53 PMBut Winds/Lords grabbed my attention, to this day I've yet to hear a video game with a better sound track.
Hm, I feel that about GoT - I think LoT has only about one good track on it, well, 1-2, and the menu/opening music is good, but I was disappointed with it actually after Gate of Thunder which to me has a far better, blindingly awesome soundtrack overall with more variety. I never bothered to rip any tracks from Lords of Thunder for my music playlist, they're fine for the game, but I didn't care about it any further than that. I was hard on Lords of Thunder, there are at least a handful of excellent tracks I love listening to, maybe ShumpJunkie led me back to refresh myself on the OST. I stand corrected! :)

So for me, overall, I've never seen anything else match or excel the soundtrack punch of GoT and the Ys CDs (I-IV) where you have one "hit" track after another for most of the disc; that's been rare in the videogame industry and why I consider them legendary (as do others).

Almost forgot, I left out Final Fantasy IV back when Nobuo Uematsu was great. I still retain memories of most of its soundtrack as well.

SignOfZeta

Yeah, the PCE versions of Ys are pretty amazing. Even Ys III, which as a game I didn't care for, has a killer soundtrack.
IMG

SignOfZeta

Btw, I don't think either game is anywhere near "best" if such a think can be determined.

Tengai Makyo II is real high up on my list. Way up there.

Also, Dracula X, Chrono Trigger, Ys I&II, Ys III, KOF 99, Pulstar, Ikaruga, and Oh Deer!.

Also, Marvel vs Capcom II. That thing has literally no flaws.

I lied about that last one, there are flaws.
IMG

CrackTiger

I can't think of any soundtrack after FFIV that Uematsu did that I think was great or very original. I really like the FF I - III soundtracks (and games) though.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

geise

To the OP, you made a great purchase and you really couldn't go wrong with either 3.  The games are difficult with how you play them.  If they feel easy play them on a harder setting.  Don't buy everything in the shop in winds of thunder.  Also, when you get these 3 games your next purchase really should be Seirei Senshi Spriggan.

shubibiman

More Gradius 2 (Arcade left, PCE right) :

IMG IMG
IMG IMG
IMG IMG
IMGIMG
IMG IMG
Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion