The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
Main Menu

Show us your desktop!

Started by Ceti Alpha, 09/25/2008, 05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roflmao

Quote from: HercTNT on 09/11/2012, 08:47 PMI know this will come off as a dumb question, but how do you take a screenshot of your entire desktop?
If you're on a Windows machine, you can hit the Print Screen button to copy your desktop to the clipboard.  Then you need to open up an image manipulation program, such as Paint, and paste the clipboard into a new file.  With Paint all you do is hit Ctrl-V once you've started the application.  Then just save it as a .jpg or .png and you're good to go.

I don't know how it's done on a Mac. :)

HercTNT

thank you for the info

OldRover

Quote from: NightWolve on 09/11/2012, 08:38 PMHowever Professor managed to identify the swastikas, he did and it led to other discoveries about the guy. There were plenty of reasons to look for throwing something at the guy after he dropped pedophilia charges against people here.
Indeed.

Quote from: NightWolve on 09/11/2012, 08:38 PMThat's the weakest of the evidence because I couldn't match it to anything, I'll admit, but much more damning evidence exists now. The center part seems to be a bolt like the SS insignia uses, but I'm not sure.
Yeah, it probably does belong to some sort of splinter group.

Quote from: NightWolve on 09/11/2012, 08:38 PMI certainly did read it and interpreted it as nothing more than a way to insult one's intelligence given what it actually is.
I interpreted it as it was written without attaching any kind of personal prejudice to it.

Quote from: NightWolve on 09/11/2012, 08:38 PMMore evidence was later discovered on the site chimpout.com, a site dedicated to portraying blacks as subhuman monsters and his photobucket account was matched up to an account there that referred to blacks as "grease-loving chimps..." Along with the chimp racism animated GIF of Michelle Obama also found on the same site, I think the evidence is in that this guy is a racist, hate-mongering lunatic with some kind of affection for Nazi-era symbolism to go to the trouble, to go as far as making lighted signs and selling them on eBay... I don't shoot from the hip and make wild-eyed accusations unless they can be backed up well enough and I think that's the case here.
At this point, I think this sounds about right.

Quote from: NightWolve on 09/11/2012, 08:38 PMEh, funny, exactly what I think about the majority of democrats and Occupy Wall Street criminals.
The majority of Democrats are fucking stupid, they just don't wear it on their sleeves like Republicans do.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

thesteve

/b138a95a9fb1668b3cddacb.jpg

HercTNT

thats a pretty slick backdrop, but i'm more concerned with what your hiding in that pizza.txt file  :wink:

roflmao

It's not my desktop, but here's a screenhot of my Screen Saver:

screensaver.webp

The screensaver plays 6 random NES games (via info recorded from some emulator).  Every time it starts up, there are different games being played.  It's pretty sweet.  I really wish there was a TG16 version of this screen saver.  I'd play games via emulator just to add gameplay data to it. :)

Sorry for the huge dimensions.  I forgot to resize it before uploading. :P

HercTNT

someone needs to make one for the turbo and quick. thats really slick.

NightWolve

Quote from: OldRover on 09/11/2012, 09:03 PMI interpreted it as it was written without attaching any kind of personal prejudice to it.
Then you're implying I or others interpreted it with personal prejudice and not intellectual honesty? Let's look at it then:

Quote"This is NOT an original Nazi/Third Reich era artifact, nor is it made to promote/endorse any ideology. Will not ship to Europe, or anywhere else that bans Nazi/Hitler related items."
The first part is irrelevant, it's a new sign that he builds in his garage, so yeah, duh, it's not an artifact... But, the 2nd part, to claim that it doesn't promote/endorse any ideology is intellectually dishonest. It objectively endorses the symbolism of the Nazi SA, not even the later SS, but the SA which were the thugs that helped bring Hitler to power and who he later had to turn on and purge using the SS... These types of BS disclaimers are pretty typical and understandable, but BS is BS.

I could be an atheist that sells beautifully-made Christian crosses on eBay and so, personally, I don't endorse the beliefs of Christianity, but I certainly objectively do because I know that there are Christians out there that I'm marketing the product to and I wanna profit off of them... I'm objectively an enabler. Now, I don't mean to morally equate the SA symbol to a cross, but you get the idea...

So, point is, he objectively endorses Nazi-era symbolism and he knows that there are people out there that wanna buy it, so he's willing to profit off of them... How about if he was making KKK hoods/clothing and selling that on eBay, but says, well, hey, I don't endorse/agree with the KKK, I just supply their clothing and hell if they can pay, their money is good as far as I'm concerned ?? Same deal. Would you accept a bullshit disclaimer at face value then?

We can believe his claims about his personal views, but he has shown himself time and time again to be intellectually dishonest, less than credible... And then you take the discovery of him participating in a forum like chimpout.com, a site just of pure hate for black people, his general asshole attitude here ever since he arrived, and you can make pretty sound conclusions about the guy. One of the few things he has told the truth about is "never backing down," that much is for sure... He's still as defiant, unapologetic and shameless as ever and trying to cast all the evidence brought before him as the result of nothing more than "drama-queen-ism" and other annoying things like simplifying or miscasting the outrage down to, "Oh, you guys don't like that I have all white chicks on my desktop??" He further insults people's intelligence with that shit...

QuoteAt this point, I think this sounds about right.
Ah good, we agree there.

Quote from: NightWolve on 09/11/2012, 08:38 PMEh, funny, exactly what I think about the majority of democrats and Occupy Wall Street criminals.
The majority of Democrats are fucking stupid, they just don't wear it on their sleeves like Republicans do.
We'll have to agree to disagree. The thing is, nobody used this asshole to beat up groups on the forum other than racists. I judged him as an individual racist/extremist lunatic. I didn't try to attack republicans, libertarians or other political philosophies over this by trying to tie him to them... if you claim you didn't judge his disclaimer with any kind of personal prejudice, you certainly brought it for your later attack: majority of republicans = fucking stupid. Also, republicans can hate Obama like they hated Clinton who they tried to impeach and it not have nothing to do with race/skin color - I'm tired of the race-card getting played by default. We had 8 years of Bush=Hitler hate, and the fact is, you can't run the country without pissing just about half of it off since presidential elections get won by 50% + 1-3 points, etc...

As a Reagan-republican myself, I made sure to beat this guy down even while others wanted to dismiss the criticism as "drama-queen-ism" as I said. He was offensive on many levels. At first, I wondered if I should get involved at all, I knew it'd pit me against other forum members that really wanted to buy signs from the guy, but Professor broke the dam to where it was blatantly revealed that this guy really was someone that should not get ANYBODY'S money given his background and that warranted a certain level of "activism" like gougers receive or swiss-type guys, etc. I'm sorry that offends people, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

I consider Bernie a good friend, and the pedophilia charges really pissed me off along with the lack of justice afterwards, so that was my motivator really. At the end of the day, Xray's pride and extremism is what led to this; had he actually taken the "high road" and stopped mouthing off, Professor, myself and others would've lost interest and turned our attention towards the usual stuff around here.

thesteve

well can we please get back to it now.
this is a conversation for fighting street, not here

NecroPhile

Quote from: thesteve on 09/12/2012, 03:00 AMwell can we please get back to it now.
this is a conversation for fighting street, not here
Agreed.  Let's get back to sarah's pumpkin pie; fall's just around the corner and I bet it's yummy.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

OldRover

nodtveidt.net/desktop-091212.png

Oh and don't worry NightWolve, I call out anyone who blindly follows any philosophy, be it religious, political, whatever. And keep in mind that I said most, not all, of those respective parties. If you're not one of the most, I'm not talking about you. :P I already knew you're a Republican, though I'm unsure as to why. :lol:

(I'm a self-styled moderate myself, with some left-leaning tendencies.)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

NightWolve

Alrrrright, guess we better watch out, looks like we got a new sheriff in town, thesteve, who takes the job seriously and who didn't approve of my "handling" of ole Xray... ;) He's on the case, and he's got his eye on this thread... :|

thesteve

lol
i just felt it should be taken elswhere

roflmao

Quote from: thesteve on 09/13/2012, 10:29 AMlol
i just felt it should be taken elswhere
Agreed.  Please keep it in FS.

Tatsujin

Oh rover is using cygwin. Didnt see that since back around 2002 @my old werk :)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

esteban

Quote from: guest on 09/11/2012, 10:26 AMEsteban: unzip that Ys and get ta listening!  :mrgreen:
I just finished part 3/3! Talk about SLOW! I am so excited...talk about DELAYING gratification :pcgs:

IMG
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Joe Redifer

Here's my desktop.  I'm sure I've posted this before, but my desktop changes every hour to a new picture from this album.  I took all pictures myself:

Joe's Exciting Desktop Pictures

esteban

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 09/15/2012, 05:48 PMHere's my desktop.  I'm sure I've posted this before, but my desktop changes every hour to a new picture from this album.  I took all pictures myself:

Joe's Exciting Desktop Pictures
Why no 3DO, Joe? I'm kidding, of course. But I am genuinely upset you don't have any photographs of your XaviX + Jackie Chan Fitness Mat. Remember our pact (and our matching tattoos)?

XaviX 'til death, comrade.

esteban

NecroPhile

Don't tell me those Ys tunes are still zipped up and unplayed!  :shock:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esteban

Quote from: guest on 10/08/2012, 10:48 AMDon't tell me those Ys tunes are still zipped up and unplayed!  :shock:
No, I've been listening to them non-stop since I got 'em. I've just been too lazy to clean off my desktop (I gotta back up the .zip files). Sometimes taking out the external harddrive and copying files seems like TORTURE. :pcgs:

esteban

Wise fwom your grave!

I'll post my desktop later (when I'm actually at my computer).

But here's the runner up...

IMG

I found this old image from one of many unfinished projects from years ago. Even though the resolution is somewhat poor by today's standards...it looks decent enough.

esteban

Y'all still suck my left one.

IMG

esteban

You guys still suck my left one.

Anyway, as promised earlier this month, here is my FULL current desktop. I think I may be changing it one of these years.

IMG

OldRover

I'd post my current one but it's not fit for public viewing.

esteban

Ok, so I am trying to get my "office" (literally just a tiny desk in the unlit corner of my living room) back in order.

You know, so I have one place that is "mine"...

IMG
For the past six+ months all of this stuff had been hidden behind a wall of crates and plastic bins. Basically, I had been using my living room as a storage room.

As always, I am recycling some old gear that my wife is no longer using...her old monitors, harddrives, and speakers = new to me.

OldRover

frozenutopia .com/office-7-22.jpg
Just moved my office back upstairs into my game room... the desk is smaller than the table in the dining room but hey, I have a dining room again, and up here, I get to look down on all the little people outside. :lol:

esteban

Quote from: OldRover on 07/22/2016, 11:49 AM/office-7-22.jpg
Just moved my office back upstairs into my game room... the desk is smaller than the table in the dining room but hey, I have a dining room again, and up here, I get to look down on all the little people outside. :lol:
I have a fan, too, but sadly I'm not near a window.

I pretend that I am flying in a noisy biplane circa 1923...

...at night.

:)

wildfruit

jtucci31

You can still see my CPU desktop as well as the actual top of my desk. Even when I don't have a turbo related desktop background on my computer, I still keep the PCE as close to as possible :mrgreen: During the school year, my desktop is FILLED with papers and shit because I get too lazy to organize them. It's awful

IMG

esteban

IMG

That spider of from an April fools joke my daughter played on me years ago...and it totally freaked me out. I have left it there for like...4-5 years? She cut it out of paper and it used to "shake" (!!!) with the slightest movement.

blueraven

They just get weirder and weirder, esteban

esteban

NightWolve

Quote from: esteban on 08/17/2016, 12:11 PMIMG
That spider of from an April fools joke my daughter played on me years ago...and it totally freaked me out. I have left it there for like...4-5 years? She cut it out of paper and it used to "shake" (!!!) with the slightest movement.
Quote from: esteban on 08/17/2016, 08:42 PM
Quote from: blueraven on 08/17/2016, 07:14 PMThey just get weirder and weirder, esteban
:)

NoSexGex

Here's a picture of a picture of my desktop/skin

IMG
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

esteban

Quote from: guestHere's a picture of a picture of my desktop/skin
IMG
What was I doing on 12.07.2014?

Gredler

This is where I've been working when not on the couch. Currently my laptop is my daily driver so I use the desktop for reference/tunes/videos while working on laptop docked to my favorite mouse and keyboard, and my best (but too glossy to use as a main) monitor during the day.

I want to change the layout a bit, but this is as good as it gets for now,

Gredler-desktop.webp

Not pictured is the wacom I use for drawling, it's on my lap

CGQuarterly

desktop.webp

Gredler

Classy Jibbs :P But no second monitor while video editing? Your show is too professional to pull that off on a single screen - I refuse to believe this is the truth !!

jtucci31

What kind of receiver is that? That's a really cool idea to use one of those older ones for your computer. My computer speakers are currently godawful garbage.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 08/25/2016, 02:34 AMWhat kind of receiver is that? That's a really cool idea to use one of those older ones for your computer. My computer speakers are currently godawful garbage.
I can't make out the brand name, but it better not be Realistic. Ha!

If that is a 70's Marantz on his desk I'll punch him, because I still remember the moment I surreptitiously relocated my dad's receiver from his bedroom and and hooked it up to the TV/VCR/video games in the living room...where it remained for a decade.

The lack of ventilation on the top of that receiver does have me concerned, though.

esteban

Damn, I guess I have carpet-bombed the forums.

THEREFORE, tradition holds that I must recycle an image:
IMG

STATUS: My desk is a mess, but I am trying to figure out if I can keep a monitor + console permanently on my desk at all times. I don't think I have enough room (even if I ditch my lamp), so I bought a metal shelf that I can install under my desk (to hold a console). My wife doesn't want my desk to be ugly... neither do I, so... I might have to get creative. :)

blueraven

I have one of the 9" Sony PVM's set up in a tiny space in my office. It really is nice that it takes up less space than my printer, even. :D

johnnykonami

I am wondering myself how to set up something like that near my desk.  A dream of mine has been this walk-in a/v closet type deal behind all the entertainment stuff so you can mount a tv/monitor in the wall between but easily hide and easily get to the connections to swap things around.  We're still trying to figure out what to do with our basement area so maybe I can make that happen one day.  Can you buy racks for those pvms?  That might be a good intermediate plan.

blueraven

Quote from: johnnykonami on 01/03/2017, 05:32 PMI am wondering myself how to set up something like that near my desk.  A dream of mine has been this walk-in a/v closet type deal behind all the entertainment stuff so you can mount a tv/monitor in the wall between but easily hide and easily get to the connections to swap things around.  We're still trying to figure out what to do with our basement area so maybe I can make that happen one day.  Can you buy racks for those pvms?  That might be a good intermediate plan.
I have several PVM's, and picked up a few handmade racks (made from angle iron on wheels) from the guy that sold them to me. He used them for Video production and had to take them all over heck to different movie shoots, etc. So he had custom racks built to hold two and 4 respectively for transport to various productions. They had carpeted levels and velcro tape to hold the PVM's in place, solid construction and air-filled tires. 

I don't have any photos right now because everything is in storage, but I can measure the dimensions the next time head there and can send you a photo of the setup in case you want to build one for yourself.

johnnykonami

Quote from: blueraven on 01/03/2017, 06:00 PM
Quote from: johnnykonami on 01/03/2017, 05:32 PMI am wondering myself how to set up something like that near my desk.  A dream of mine has been this walk-in a/v closet type deal behind all the entertainment stuff so you can mount a tv/monitor in the wall between but easily hide and easily get to the connections to swap things around.  We're still trying to figure out what to do with our basement area so maybe I can make that happen one day.  Can you buy racks for those pvms?  That might be a good intermediate plan.
I have several PVM's, and picked up a few handmade racks (made from angle iron on wheels) from the guy that sold them to me. He used them for Video production and had to take them all over heck to different movie shoots, etc. So he had custom racks built to hold two and 4 respectively for transport to various productions. They had carpeted levels and velcro tape to hold the PVM's in place, solid construction and air-filled tires. 

I don't have any photos right now because everything is in storage, but I can measure the dimensions the next time head there and can send you a photo of the setup in case you want to build one for yourself.
I figured there were prefab ones around as well, but sure, I'd be interested in seeing yours too.  I don't even have my PVM yet so don't rush on my account!

blueraven

Quote from: johnnykonami on 01/03/2017, 08:30 PM
Quote from: blueraven on 01/03/2017, 06:00 PM

I figured there were prefab ones around as well, but sure, I'd be interested in seeing yours too.  I don't even have my PVM yet so don't rush on my account!
Cool. It may be awhile but I will remember to follow up. The next time I go there as soon as I see them I will recall this conversation :D