Pat & Ian TurboGrafx-16 and PC Engine Let's Plays

Started by Otaking, 10/21/2016, 05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otaking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

esteban

I am afraid to watch now (on train), but I am sure I will be annoyed. :)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

seieienbu

I don't think that I'll watch any more of these from these two.  If I'm going to watch videos of people playing video games they have to either be highly skilled at a game to where just watching them play is fun or they have to be entertaining in their own right as they use the game as a focal point for whatever it is that they are doing.

These guys have next to no knowledge of the games they've played so far.  That's painfully obvious as they say things like "only the knome can push the stone" or repeatedly try to shoot the skull potions.  As for other entertainment purposes I just don't find them either funny enough or interesting enough to listen to them while watching them play.

I still think it's interesting that they chose Turbo games for their let's play videos but don't enjoy watching them enough to bother doing so  :?
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

esteban

I watched the entire video whilst taking a hot, acidic shite.

This was far less annoying than the Ghost Manor video, but it is a shame they didn't record their 2nd or 3rd time playing Dungeon Explorer...maybe they could have mentioned all the stuff that makes Dungeon Explorer fun.

I could never tolerate these videos under normal circumstances. The fact that tears were running down my face as acid was cascading from my arse should put everything into context.

Good morning!

Medic_wheat

I find it funny that Pat has Magical chase and yet seemes to only have recently touched his TG-16 games.

It seems that he picked up his TG-16 games after he finished his MES collection got bored and was able to pick up TG-16 games while they were still "cheap".

sirhcman

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 11/18/2016, 08:28 AMIt seems that he picked up his TG-16 games after he finished his MES collection got bored and was able to pick up TG-16 games while they were still "cheap".
He had a TG-16 as a kid in the early 90s. Not sure what he had in his collection at that point though.

Groover

I like Pat the NES Punk. These lets play videos are a little painful to watch. Pat has talked about having a complete US Turbo collection. Or maybe it is only partially complete. I can see he doesn't play them much.
IMG

sirhcman

Quote from: Groover on 11/18/2016, 12:47 PMI like Pat the NES Punk. These lets play videos are a little painful to watch. Pat has talked about having a complete US Turbo collection. Or maybe it is only partially complete. I can see he doesn't play them much.
Yea he has mentioned having the full hu card library I know. Not sure on the CD's

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 11/18/2016, 08:33 AM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 11/18/2016, 08:28 AMIt seems that he picked up his TG-16 games after he finished his MES collection got bored and was able to pick up TG-16 games while they were still "cheap".
He had a TG-16 as a kid in the early 90s. Not sure what he had in his collection at that point though.
I stand corrected.

Then maybe this is the case of having to many games/systems to give them attention as a gamer instead of as a collector.

I know I am guilty of collecting for various things and not roaring out my systems enough to really get full advantage of the game library I have.

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 11/18/2016, 01:55 PMOr maybe he's just a fucking idiot.
That's inconceivable. Being an idiot is my job.

LostFlunky

I'll be honest - I have been buying games since around 1983, and I SUCK at most of them... 

However, if I was to create a series of 'Let's Play' videos, you would at least be able to see that I am familiar with the games I suck at...

Joe Redifer

Quote from: Groover on 11/18/2016, 12:47 PMPat has talked about having a complete US Turbo collection.
He has a complete US HuCard collection. Err... sorry. TurboChip. He has no interest in the CD games. When it comes to the Turbo, he's pretty boring. Oops, did I say "When it comes to the Turbo"? Feel free to omit that part of the sentence. :)

crazydean

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 11/18/2016, 04:44 PM
Quote from: Groover on 11/18/2016, 12:47 PMPat has talked about having a complete US Turbo collection.
He has a complete US HuCard collection. Err... sorry. TurboChip. He has no interest in the CD games. When it comes to the Turbo, he's pretty boring. Oops, did I say "When it comes to the Turbo"? Feel free to omit that part of the sentence. :)
If only we could get your real opinion, Joe.

geise

I'd rather play the games than watch band wagoner's talk and play really bad at em'.

esteban

Quote from: geise on 11/18/2016, 06:49 PMI'd rather play the games than watch band wagoner's talk and play really bad at em'.
Agreed. I can tolerate some garbage for its "entertainment value", but folks watch this shite for hours and hours. Or so I've been lead to believe (based on the popularity of YouTube channels).

geise

People need a new hobby then and unplug from the matrix.

NoSexGex

after watching ian masturbate across the table for so long, i still can't take him gaming seriously
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

Keith Courage

No matter what game they play(any system) they don't seem to try. It's like they both have really short attention spans. They play for maybe 10 minutes of a game,  start laughing at said game,  and then give up. Rinse and repeat for the next game. Don't get me wrong. You're supposed to laugh and have fun with games but not to the point where you stop caring and give up on the whole experience.

ClodBusted

Quote from: NoSexGex on 11/19/2016, 02:17 PMafter watching ian masturbate across the table for so long, i still can't take him gaming seriously
Hahaha!

Joe Redifer

A friend of mine made this GIF a while back and posted it in a Facebook chat. I have downloaded it and re-uploaded so that PCEFX can enjoy, because it is timely.

IMG
"Ian-jerks-it-while-staring-at-Pat.gif"
Backup

NoSexGex

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 11/25/2016, 03:57 PMA friend of mine made this GIF a while back and posted it in a Facebook chat. I have downloaded it and re-uploaded so that PCEFX can enjoy, because it is timely.
IMG
"Ian-jerks-it-while-staring-at-Pat.gif"
Backup
YESSSS
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

Otaking

Lateley Ian seems to have stopped the spontanious jerking off whilst staring at Pat across the table, is it because Pat's new facial hair doesn't do it for him?
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

sirhcman

Quote from: Otaking on 11/25/2016, 04:38 PMLateley Ian seems to have stopped the spontanious jerking off whilst staring at Pat across the table, is it because Pat's new facial hair doesn't do it for him?
uh Ian has been off the podcast for a few weeks now due to medical reasons..

Otaking

Quote from: guest on 11/25/2016, 05:12 PM
Quote from: Otaking on 11/25/2016, 04:38 PMLateley Ian seems to have stopped the spontanious jerking off whilst staring at Pat across the table, is it because Pat's new facial hair doesn't do it for him?
Yeah he has been suffering from an aching wrist.

TR0N

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 11/25/2016, 03:57 PMA friend of mine made this GIF a while back and posted it in a Facebook chat. I have downloaded it and re-uploaded so that PCEFX can enjoy, because it is timely.

IMG
Ian sure has the jitters maybe to much caffeine !?
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Otaking

Quote from: TR0N on 11/25/2016, 06:28 PM

IMG
Not enough crack?

sirhcman

Quote from: Otaking on 11/25/2016, 05:34 PM
Quote from: guest on 11/25/2016, 05:12 PM
Yeah he has been suffering from an aching wrist.
I think it is a little more serious than that.

TR0N

Quote from: Otaking on 11/25/2016, 08:09 PM
Quote from: TR0N on 11/25/2016, 06:28 PM
IMG
Not enough crack?
Crack is one hell of a drug  :roll: :wink:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

esteban

geise

IMG
lol...LOL...LOL

late to the party

ChuChu Flamingo

lol it looks like it is sped up but it isn't.

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Alt-Nintega

Karl Marx has changed his mind and now loves Pat and Ian because nobody else here likes them.  =D>  =D>  :-k  =D>

Psycho Punch

Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 11/30/2016, 10:52 PMKarl Marx has changed his mind and now loves Pat and Ian because nobody else here likes them.  =D>  =D>  :-k  =D>
Nov. 30 2016 the final decline of communism.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Alt-Nintega

Quote from: Psycho Punch on 12/01/2016, 04:42 AM
Quote from: Psycho Alt-Nintega on 11/30/2016, 10:52 PMKarl Marx has changed his mind and now loves Pat and Ian because nobody else here likes them.  =D>  =D>  :-k  =D>
Nov. 30 2016 the final decline of communism.
they never did it the way I wrote it. It never existed.

ClodBusted

IMG
Just look at Ian's misty eyes and try not to laugh.