PC Engine Screen-shot quiz

Started by Tatsujin, 12/24/2006, 11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NecroPhile

Ya sure as shit can, ccovell.  I'm an impatient douche and don't want to wait for anyone else (Joe threw it up for grabs anyway).
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

ccovell

Okay, this one might not be so tough...

disgruntleddesigner.com/chrisc/mystery3.gif

And no, it's not Fray.

Keranu

DORAEMON - NOBITA'S DORABIAN NIGHT?
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Tatsujin

Quote from: nat on 07/13/2007, 10:21 AMJoe is the winner (I should have known)! It is a section of the life meter from Altered Beast.
damn and i was almost sure about it as well #-o

doraemon is a great game!! :D hucard as well as cd.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

_Paul

Quote from: ccovell on 07/13/2007, 09:28 PMCan I post one, since I had my turn viciously taken away from me last time.
Yurp, sorry about that, I enjoyed the torture of the previous one so much I just couldn't help myself. I shall go and commit seppuku to atone for my sins now *wanders off*

nat

Quote from: guest on 07/14/2007, 04:13 AM
Quote from: ccovell on 07/13/2007, 09:28 PMCan I post one, since I had my turn viciously taken away from me last time.
Yurp, sorry about that, I enjoyed the torture of the previous one so much I just couldn't help myself. I shall go and commit seppuku to atone for my sins now *wanders off*
Just make sure the next PC Engine City episode gets released before you do anything rash. ;)
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

ccovell

Quote from: Keranu on 07/14/2007, 01:53 AMDORAEMON - NOBITA'S DORABIAN NIGHT?
CD OR CARD???

I kid... yes, that one was a bit too easy.    :wink:

spenoza

I don't know enough games well enough to guess the answers very well, but if anyone will let me post a pic I'll gladly participate  :)

nat

It's technically Keranu's turn, but I'm sure he wouldn't mind if you posted a pic.

Right, Keranu?
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Keranu

Go ahead :D . I've been meaning to post pics, but have been too lazy to capture some.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

spenoza

OK. I'm sure someone will get this relatively easily, but I hope not  :)

IMG

_Paul

spenoza

Paul for the win. You guys make even medium difficulty seem easy.

_Paul

Try this one;

/guessrn9.jpg

Keranu

IMG

_Paul

CrackTiger

Once again I can't see it or download it. :(
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Turbo D

Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

_Paul

Quote from: CrackTiger on 07/15/2007, 07:23 PMOnce again I can't see it or download it. :(
It's only hosted on image shack, you got an ad blocker or something stopping it?

ccovell

Shubibinman 3?

C'mon how about something NOT from a cinema or dating sim?   :|

_Paul

It's from a game over screen if that's any help.

Keranu

Ugh, it's really familar! Star Parodia?
IMG

_Paul

Quote from: Keranu on 07/16/2007, 09:11 PMUgh, it's really familar! Star Parodia?
Nope. It's a HuCARD.

NecroPhile

Uhh... is it Alice in Wondercrap or Chew Man Eff You?

_Paul

Quote from: NecroPhile on 07/17/2007, 12:57 PMUhh... is it Alice in Wondercrap or Chew Man Eff You?
Neither of those, although you're (kind of) closer with Chew Man Fu.

ParanoiaDragon

IMG

_Paul

Joe Redifer

ParanoiaDragon

IMG

ccovell

_Paul

ccovell

Okay, another one coming right up!

/mystery6.gif

offsidewing

Quote from: ccovell on 07/18/2007, 01:06 PMOkay, another one coming right up!
/mystery6.gif
Is this pic from an Atari 5200 TG/PCE emulator ???

ParanoiaDragon

IMG

Tatsujin

teh upcoming sho0ter from mindrec?
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

ccovell

No, I'm pretty sure the unspoken rule was that these pics can only be from official HuCards / CDs.

spenoza

Is that pic from a minigame inside a larger game?

Tatsujin

that was my first thougt as well, since i can't recognize that ship out of all the regular pce shmups. or i'm just dumb? may be.

Keranu

Is it that bonus shooter mini game included with some copies of AnEarth Fantasy Stories that I can't remember the name for except that it might start with an X or Z?
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: Keranu on 07/19/2007, 12:40 AMIs it that bonus shooter mini game included with some copies of AnEarth Fantasy Stories that I can't remember the name for except that it might start with an X or Z?
Or a C, as in Cychorider.  Nice guess, but it doesn't look like the flying space Harley from Cychorider.

Edit - Is it from one of the Hyper Catalogs or Ultraboxes?

ccovell

Nope, it's from a HuCard.

Tatsujin

but it is a regular shooter or just an omake in the game?

ccovell

Jeez, I don't want to give too many clues that'll give it away to the casual rom-browsing-for-answers participants!  O:)

Here's my hint: it's from a game with REALLY LOUD music.

_Paul

Heh, it reminds me of Astro Warrior on the Master System, but it isn't ringing any bells PCE-wise. Can't think of many games that look that simple except Xevious as it can't be that.

ParanoiaDragon

Armed Formation F!  It took me forever to remember the name of that game!  I kept thinking Final Blaster!  Am I right?  I recall that game having loud music.  If I'm right, someone can take my place with a new screenie.
IMG

ccovell

Sorry to pull the rug out from under you but....   :twisted:

Hehe, NO!  It's not Armed Formation F!

_Paul

Keranu

Final Blaster? (I always get this game confused with Armed Formation F)
IMG

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: Keranu on 07/22/2007, 03:22 AMFinal Blaster? (I always get this game confused with Armed Formation F)
Hey K, are you mocking me? :wink:

Anyways, uh, Terra Cresta II?
IMG

ccovell

Oh, dear.  Well, just to get this drain unclogged, let me just add that YES, it is from a game that isn't a shooter.