OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

PC Engine (and FX) all shooter list (codename peacock)

Started by Tatsujin, 08/03/2006, 12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrackTiger

Quote from: esteban on 12/26/2013, 03:53 PMDude! Thanks for updating. I was trying to find this thread the other day and couldn't find it.

I gotta make a page with all of this info!
You do, as this still un-sticked thread was once again very hard to find.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

esteban

Quote from: guest on 05/30/2014, 07:38 PM
Quote from: esteban on 12/26/2013, 03:53 PMDude! Thanks for updating. I was trying to find this thread the other day and couldn't find it.

Yup, I lost track of this thread, too.

I really will make a page, once I finish a project I'm on.  :pcgs:

PROMISE!  :pcgs:
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

jtucci31

Quote from: esteban on 05/30/2014, 08:59 PM
Quote from: guest on 05/30/2014, 07:38 PM

I really will make a page, once I finish a project I'm on
Please do! Because I'm tempted to just copy it all into a word document for now.

CrackTiger

This thread still needs to be stickied. Maybe Necromancer can finally do it now that he has the power? [-o<

There are exclusive shooters in the Ultrabox series (at least vol 3 and 5).

IMGIMG
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

esteban

Quote from: guest on 10/01/2014, 08:43 PMThis thread still needs to be stickied. Maybe NecroPhile can finally do it now that he has the power? [-o<

There are exclusive shooters in the Ultrabox series (at least vol 3 and 5).

IMG
IMG
I FORGOT ABOUT THIS!!!!

I am making a page, but I'll need help from folks gathering assets (screenshots, art) and fact-checking.

More importantly...WOOOHOOO! Shootemups.

ULTRABOX ULTRASHOOTEMBOX.

esteban

UPDATE: I actually have a 1-2 projects I am working on inspired by this thread. I'll be able to share with you soon. (I am not going to break my promise from 05.2014!)

I created a very clunky page ("just for me") but I am happy to share it with the 1-2 people who will find it useful.

CLARIFICATION: I still need clarification/2+ clean screenshots (no watermarks) of shoot-em-up segments in...

Fray (?)

Ultra box 3 & 5 (I'd like 2+ screenshots, no watermarks)

Ghost Manor (at least one additional screenshot of final boss battle...I already snagged one from Duomazov).

Etc.

Quote from: guest on 12/26/2013, 03:48 PMThis thread should be stickied. Aside from being worthwhile, it is also difficult to search for.

Faerie Dust Story contains vertical shooter segments (complete with only-on-SNES-full-screen-transparency effects), as well as Arkanoid, Pac Man and misc mini-games.

Check out 7:35 in this video:

Faerie Dust Story: Meikyuu no Elfeene Game Sample -- PC Engine CD

Remember when FFVII was heralded as being so groundbreaking and content-filled for having a few simple mini-games? So many PCE games had more substantial bonus game content plus futuristic technology absent from FFVII and most Square games that generation, such as CD quality audio and voice acting.
Covell took some screenshots from an emulator so I don't have to capture stills from the video—yay!

Axelay

Page bookmarked !

This is fantastic I have dragon spirit .
So only 100 more to go  :-"
Are a lot of the games listed 2 player ?
Cheers

esteban

Quote from: Axelay on 01/29/2015, 01:04 AMPage bookmarked !

This is fantastic I have dragon spirit .
So only 100 more to go  :-"
Are a lot of the games listed 2 player ?
Cheers
Someone can correct any mistakes I make... But there aren't too many 2-player co-op...

Aeroblasters (special mega beam weapon only available when two player join together)

Forgotten Worlds (2 people control together...not a "true" 2-player co-op in the traditional sense)

Burning Angels?
Hellfire S?
Toilet Kids?
Detana! Twin Bee?

If we can get a definitive list of 2-player co-op, I'll add that to the table.

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Tatsujin

damn this thread is from 2006. I feel le old.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

esteban

Quote from: Tatsujin on 01/30/2015, 07:56 AMdamn this thread is from 2006. I feel le old.
I know. I am just happy that I actually get some things finished (even if it takes me a long time).

:)

So, make videos or screenshots of the ULTRABOX SHOOTEMUPS!!!!

gojira1954

I've been playing Genji Tsuushin Agedama... it's just as much shooter as platformer I think?

esteban

Quote from: gojira1954 on 02/28/2015, 11:47 AMI've been playing Genji Tsuushin Agedama... it's just as much shooter as platformer I think?
Ha!

Tell me more. :)

Turbotracks

Feel like Indiana Jones finding this ancient list. I only have a few of these, so challenge accepted!
Thunderbolts first down!

esteban

Quote from: Turbotracks on 04/11/2015, 10:55 PMFeel like Indiana Jones finding this ancient list. I only have a few of these, so challenge accepted!
It's OK. It took me way too long to actually make it look pretty. :)

CPTBadAss

Just stumbled onto this list. It's very apparent I need to start collecting all of these and grab one of those Obey PCBs asap!
Maximum Output. Activate the pit.

esteban

UPDATE: Last night I fixed a glaring omission—there was no entry for Power Gate (HuCARD).

https://archives.tg-16.com/complete_list_of_tg16_pce_shooters.htm?col=jp&value=power gate is fucking awesome

IMG

OPERATION PEACOCK: Over the past year or two, I would get an occasional email about POWER GATE...

Now, I thought it would be funny to purposefully omit an obvious entry in a list that proclaims to be a "complete" list of shummmpppsters...

...but not even the mediocre Power Gate deserves to be disgraced in such a manner.

mjsaville

Quote from: CPTBadAss on 04/18/2015, 03:06 AMJust stumbled onto this list. It's very apparent I need to start collecting all of these and grab one of those Obey PCBs asap!
I also have just come across this list and found some major holes in my collection....  Great effort for the community....

esteban

Quote from: mjsaville on 10/30/2016, 04:53 PM
Quote from: CPTBadAss on 04/18/2015, 03:06 AMJust stumbled onto this list. It's very apparent I need to start collecting all of these and grab one of those Obey PCBs asap!
I also have just come across this list and found some major holes in my collection....  Great effort for the community....
Yōkai Dōchūki is not on the official "shooter-stage-within-another-game" list, yet! This must be fixed.

SOON.

Artabasdos

Holy shit! I knew the PCE had a lot of shooters, but that's crazy!

esteban

Quote from: Artabasdos on 03/27/2017, 01:29 PMHoly shit! I knew the PCE had a lot of shooters, but that's crazy!
And I didn't even get all the homebrew!

IIRC, I don't have the hidden shootemup from Lock'N'Chase on that list?

Damn.

JAPJAC

Did you remember to include

Dark Left

?

If not, contributed.
sig-top.jpg
JAPJAC - "A leading pioneer and expert in the field of Japanese videogame playing, studying & collecting in the U.K. since day one" © 2001. Japan resident & TFP founder.
sig-bot.jpg

esteban

Quote from: JAPJAC on 11/13/2017, 10:24 AMDid you remember to include

Dark Left

?

If not, contributed.
Dark Left.... duly noted.

Update: "Dark Left" (also known as "Sinistron") is already on the list.

esteban

This *bump*
lovingly acknowledges
TATS
(9 Diciembre 2017)

"Tats has forsaken us, but his peacock will proudly strut around in his absence." — anonymous

JAPJAC

Quote from: esteban on 12/08/2017, 11:31 PM

Dark Left

?

If not, contributed.

Sinistron/Violent Soldier is not Dark Left.
sig-top.jpg
JAPJAC - "A leading pioneer and expert in the field of Japanese videogame playing, studying & collecting in the U.K. since day one" © 2001. Japan resident & TFP founder.
sig-bot.jpg

esteban

Quote from: JAPJAC on 12/11/2017, 07:24 AM
Quote from: esteban on 12/08/2017, 11:31 PM

Dark Left

?

If not, contributed.

Sinistron/Violent Soldier is not Dark Left.
Aha! I thought you were goofing around with the etymology of the root word "sinister" in Sinistron.

Blame my Latin teacher for misinterpreting your post.

I will MOST CERTAINLY add Dark Left to the list/webpage.

Thank you :)

JAPJAC

sig-top.jpg
sig-bot.jpg

NecroPhile

That's Buster Bros. lite, no?  Though cool, I wouldn't call that a shewty.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

JAPJAC

sig-top.jpg
sig-bot.jpg

ClodBusted

Shmup sounds like a really painful STD. Or illegal drug. Shewty all the way.

CrackTiger

I don't understand why video gamers need ridiculous nicknames like schtroumpfs for words that they're actually thinking of. Shooter takes too long to say, but shyewtee or shump is fine?

It's bad enough that so many different games get labeled under broad definitions like "Zelda clone".

turboswimbz

Quote from: guest on 12/15/2017, 09:11 AMI don't understand why video gamers need ridiculous nicknames like schtroumpfs for words that they're actually thinking of. Shooter takes too long to say, but shyewtee or shump is fine?

It's bad enough that so many different games get labeled under broad definitions like "Zelda clone".
The one I hate is Metroidvania.  It's a two for one with both things you just pointed out.

EDIT: Sh*t even has it's own wikipedia page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metroidvania  ](*,) ](*,)
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

esteban

SHOOTER
SHOOTING GAME
GALAGA-esque
XEVIOUS-esque
Arabesque
Aladdin
A lad insane
Cat People

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

ClodBusted

Quote from: turboswimbz on 12/15/2017, 09:57 AMThe one I hate is Metroidvania.  It's a two for one with both things you just pointed out.
Agreed. Also, Castleroid rolls much better off the tongue, doesn't it?

CrackTiger

The game formally known as Henshin Engine should be added to tg16.com's shooter list once the new title is revealed.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 12/17/2017, 04:54 PMThe game formally known as Henshin Engine should be added to tg16.com's shooter list once the new title is revealed.
Hells yes! And Lucretia, too!

Goddamn.

Nariturbina

I think these titles are not on the list:
* Dark Left - hidden in the game "Tenshi no Uta II"  --  Super CD-ROM²  --  Riot / Telenet  --  V
* Force Gear - hidden in the game "Tokimeki Memorial"  --  Super CD-ROM²  --  Konami  --  H
* Twinbee Returns - hidden in the game "Tokimeki Memorial"  --  Super CD-ROM²  --  Konami  -- V
* Nantettatte Engine  --  HuCard  --  Aetherbutt  --  V
* Santatlantean  --  HuCard  --  Aetherbutt  --  H

esteban

FOLKS! If you have screeenshots (no watermarks/branding) for the following titles, I will hug you for a week (or two):

thanks in advance, you lazy bastards

Quote from: Nariturbina on 04/01/2018, 10:21 PMI think these titles are not on the list:
* Dark Left - hidden in the game "Tenshi no Uta II"  --  Super CD-ROM²  --  Riot / Telenet  --  V
* Force Gear - hidden in the game "Tokimeki Memorial"  --  Super CD-ROM²  --  Konami  --  H
* Twinbee Returns - hidden in the game "Tokimeki Memorial"  --  Super CD-ROM²  --  Konami  -- V
* Nantettatte Engine  --  HuCard  --  Aetherbutt  --  V
* Santatlantean  --  HuCard  --  Aetherbutt  --  H
Comrade! Thank you!

I will try to update this this weekend.

I don't think I have touched the page in years.