RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Your Daily Dose of Gaming.

Started by Ninja Spirit, 07/15/2005, 01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtucci31

I beat the main story missions in MGS V the other day. I was able to run through the whole series finally! And it only took me about 9 months to do so :)

cr8zykuban0

been playing super mario 3d world on the wii u. really fun, colorful and enjoyable game. love how in some stages you have to touch a certain platform on the wii u pad in order for it to pop up and being able to for you to jump on to reach higher ground and being able to blow on the pad to activate different mechinisms. I feel like the boss fights are a bit too easy but still an enjoyable game.

Hiryuu no ken twin. A very interesting fighting game on the n64. There are 2 game modes that play very similar to each other but are also different enough to be their own fighting game, (super deformed and virtual mode) Even the character roster, music and stages of each mode are different from each other! I will say the SD mode in my opinion is the better version due to better stage design, music, rpg mode where your characters levels up after each fight and character interactions before matches.a very unique game overall

cd denjin. pretty good shooter but doesnt live up to the awesomeness of air zonk.

image fight 2. really good but man this shmup is hard!!! kinda interesting how it has 4 different ship speeds to select from and when you pick up a pod power up, you can use it to throw towards enemies. I like how you have unlimited continues and when you reach half way towards a stage and die afterward, i like how you dont have to start from the very beginning but to the halfway point when you continue. great music too!

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 06/05/2017, 11:48 PMI beat the main story missions in MGS V the other day. I was able to run through the whole series finally! And it only took me about 9 months to do so :)
Right on. I actually still haven't played V. PS4 should be here today, and it's one I was waiting to grab the current gen version of.

@kuban0: Ha, I really didn't like that aspect of 3D World. I thought the blowing in particular was annoying. Still though overall I enjoyed the game, and you are right it is very easy. I can't recall dying much at all, maybe a couple times and even then I had such a reserve of lives built up that it didn't matter.

Had not heard of the 2nd game you mentioned but I did see it was released in the US as Flying Dragon.

As for me, I am still playing Ys IV off and on. Only at the Sacred Castle right now as I've also been playing Prototype 2 off and on.

JoshTurboTrollX

Got through the first chapter/area in Magicoal last night with my son.  Wow, I'm actually kind of shocked more people aren't talking about this game.  It's VERY easy to play through (so far) with hardly a drop of Japanese knowledge!  Its so straight forward and colourful.  Very happy to start playing thru this one!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

TR0N

Quote from: guest on 06/05/2017, 11:48 PMI beat the main story missions in MGS V the other day. I was able to run through the whole series finally! And it only took me about 9 months to do so :)
9 Months !? I assume you did allot off grinding to level up the soldiers for better weapons etc.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

jtucci31

Quote from: TR0N on 06/07/2017, 12:57 PM
9 Months !? I assume you did allot off grinding to level up the soldiers for better weapons etc.
Nono I meant 9 months to play 1-5 including Peace Walker. I was in school and played a couple of games in between along the way.

Gypsy

Replaying The Witcher. Fucking masterpiece.

roflmao

Quote from: Gypsy on 06/11/2017, 05:54 PMReplaying The Witcher. Fucking masterpiece.
I need to give it another go. I've never gotten very far into it. I hear all the Witcher games are really good.

My son and I spent all weekend playing Starbound together. Really fun game that takes the Terraria game style to the next level.

And Genji Tsūshin Agedama on the PC Engine. Every time I play I get a little farther. The way the difficulty ramps up feels just right on this one.

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 06/11/2017, 08:25 PM
Quote from: Gypsy on 06/11/2017, 05:54 PMReplaying The Witcher. Fucking masterpiece.
I need to give it another go. I've never gotten very far into it. I hear all the Witcher games are really good.

My son and I spent all weekend playing Starbound together. Really fun game that takes the Terraria game style to the next level.

And Genji Tsūshin Agedama on the PC Engine. Every time I play I get a little farther. The way the difficulty ramps up feels just right on this one.
Yeah pretty much. 3 is the best imo. First one is definitely still worth playing though. You have to get past the standard you have amnesia start to the game because it gets good in a hurry. Though I am biased towards these kind of games and also really enjoyed the Dragon Age and Elder Scrolls series. The Witcher is a bit different than those, however.

If you only have the original version the EE is $1.49 on GOG right now.

Genji is a fun one for sure, I beat it awhile ago.

roflmao

Quote from: Gypsy on 06/11/2017, 08:38 PMYeah pretty much. 3 is the best imo. First one is definitely still worth playing though. You have to get past the standard you have amnesia start to the game because it gets good in a hurry. Though I am biased towards these kind of games and also really enjoyed the Dragon Age and Elder Scrolls series. The Witcher is a bit different than those, however.

If you only have the original version the EE is $1.49 on GOG right now.

Genji is a fun one for sure, I beat it awhile ago.
I'm a big fan of the Elder Scrolls games too. And the Dragon Age games, to a lesser extent. Pretty tempted to pick up EE for only $1.50. I only have the original release.

Gypsy

Definitely worth it. I'm hoping to get some good time into it tonight. I'm hoping to finish before I get a couple PS4 games in the mail that I haven't played yet.

Gredler

I played a bunch of Soul Blazer on Friday - I was suprised how much liked Dungeon Explorer or Gauntlet the game is - focusing on monster spawners and shutting them down.

Gypsy

Quote from: Gredler on 06/12/2017, 07:17 PMI played a bunch of Soul Blazer on Friday - I was suprised how much liked Dungeon Explorer or Gauntlet the game is - focusing on monster spawners and shutting them down.
Glad to read you are playing it. I already beat Download awhile back.

Gredler

Ahh good glad to hear you played it, and I hope you enjoyed it.

I am just getting some more free time with the wedding wrapped up, and things are settling back down. Having a gnarly cold/flu and a day off work is the only reason I found some time, so I don't know when I'll get back to it, hopefully by this weekend I can play some more and wrap it up. I got my dude to level 4, and beat the first boss, so I think I am a decent chunk into the game it doesn't seem very long or deep.

Digi.k

back on the wii platform and playing between Little Kings Story which although fun can be really frustrating.. so when the frustration levels rise its Xenoblade Chronicles.

jtucci31

Quote from: Digi.k on 06/17/2017, 05:57 PMback on the wii platform and playing between Little Kings Story which although fun can be really frustrating.. so when the frustration levels rise its Xenoblade Chronicles.
I've been playing Xenoblade Chronicles on the 3DS and I feel like I'm not quite getting it yet. The story is great and I enjoy that, but I don't necessarily care for parts of the combat. More interested in finishing it just for the story.

Gypsy

I never could be bothered to finish Xenoblade. I'm all about that Uncharted 4 life right now. I was hoping to finish it over this weekend, but it seems like it is considerably longer than the first three. After that, Yakuza 0.

U4 is pretty much what I expected. I try not to read any reviews or w/e before buying/playing a game unless I'm on the fence about it so I didn't know about any of the new features going in. I don't mind any of them too much, though I think it's kind of silly that they added so many for the fourth (and final by ND) game in the series. Guess it's good to keep things fresh.

Serega81

U4 way to easy in comparison to other Uncharted titles, Uncharted 2 is the best IMHO.. Yakuza 0 is great, prob the best one, I loved 4 as well though.
If you don't like how things are, change it!  You're not a tree!!!!

Gypsy

I started Yakuza 0 a few days ago. Yeah it's pretty good. Unfortunately these damn overheating problems keep persisting. Shitty Sony being cheap with their internals. Looking into various solutions but for now, PS4 gaming is on hold.

Due to that, I grabbed a stack of oavs and anime movies that I own but haven't got around to watching. 80/90s stuff entirely I think.

cr8zykuban0

been playing some repros i got from cjameslv's store

DOREMI FANTASY
Played a little bit of the game and from what ive played,its pretty nice! like how the worlds are set up kinda like super mario 3 style. Great music, love how the stages have sound effects Colorful visuals and solid gameplay. Kinda reminds me of bubble bobble since you trap enemies with a bubble and jump on top of them to destroy em. very fun game

MAGICAL POPN
A pretty straight forward but good platformer. I like how you can equip yourself with different weapons to help you progress in the game. So many different things to find and to explore. Really cool boss fights.

In my opinion, both games i found pretty non difficult for platformers but both are great games to check out!

esteban

^ Are these films available on RedTube?
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Digi.k

Quote from: guest on 06/17/2017, 08:26 PM
Quote from: Digi.k on 06/17/2017, 05:57 PMback on the wii platform and playing between Little Kings Story which although fun can be really frustrating.. so when the frustration levels rise its Xenoblade Chronicles.
I've been playing Xenoblade Chronicles on the 3DS and I feel like I'm not quite getting it yet. The story is great and I enjoy that, but I don't necessarily care for parts of the combat. More interested in finishing it just for the story.
Only managed to get up to Gaur Plains which has some amazing 70's sounding dance music but the bit past that where you have to enter the mines and fight the boss down there well I failed several times so taking a break from it. The battles imo take too long and you have to grind a lot.

Anyway playing the Sega Saturn version of Ys 1 which I am really warming too.  The music again is a little arranged from the pc engine version but I'm warming to it.  The great thing about this version is you can hold a button down and just charge through the game.  It makes me want to load up the turbografx version.  Miss the CD music on there and the colors are much more vivid.

jtucci31

Quote from: Digi.k on 07/04/2017, 12:11 PM
Quote from: guest on 06/17/2017, 08:26 PM
Only managed to get up to Gaur Plains which has some amazing 70's sounding dance music but the bit past that where you have to enter the mines and fight the boss down there well I failed several times so taking a break from it. The battles imo take too long and you have to grind a lot.
I just played all morning to power through and I'm starting to like it less. I just finished that underground ether mine place, so only about 15 hours in, but the battles do take way too long and you don't really do anything. Just hit A to do an occasional special ability. So far it really hasn't lived up to the monumwntous hype. It's just sort of been a pretty good game as opposed to "the best jrpg of the past 10 years!!!"

The music and overall world are what keep me coming back, though.

Gypsy

Yeah the whole best RPG thing is overblown. It's an offline mmo basically.

I don't hate it though.

Psycho Punch

Wow @ Digi.k's Saturn YS video... I always considered the PCE version to be the best but now I must reconsider.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: Gypsy on 07/04/2017, 01:04 PMYeah the whole best RPG thing is overblown. It's an offline mmo basically.

I don't hate it though.
Buying Xenoblade Chronicles and Pandora's Tower new for the Wii were some of my biggest gaming regrets.

Digi.k

Quote from: guest on 07/10/2017, 11:45 PMWow @ Digi.k's Saturn YS video... I always considered the PCE version to be the best but now I must reconsider.
The saturn mode I think makes the bosses harder too.  I'm trying to complete Darm Tower in one go without saving and continuing but I keep getting killed by the Mantis and Floating stone bosses so I know anything after that won't be easy either.  On the pce versions all those bosses can be killed almost instantly T__T

So replaying another old saturn RPG: Lunar SSSC

Gypsy

^Nice choice.

So I got the PS4 situation sorted. Crappy USB powered fan is doing the job. Better than keeping a floor fan on it. Got to chapter 2 of Yakuza 0 then started getting into all the side events.

Serega81

That's the thing with the Yakuza series it's hard to play through just the story mode when there are all these side events.. Def play the cult sidequest with Gro Majima if you haven't yet.. shit is hilarious
If you don't like how things are, change it!  You're not a tree!!!!

Gypsy

Quote from: Serega81 on 08/11/2017, 02:50 PMThat's the thing with the Yakuza series it's hard to play through just the story mode when there are all these side events.. Def play the cult sidequest with Gro Majima if you haven't yet.. shit is hilarious
For sure, I played through that one and I laughed pretty good. One of the funniest in the series up there with the baby fetish one in 2.

Psycho Punch

For me Yakuza is all about the side content, I can't remember for my life what was Yakuza 3 storyline for example, I just remember a blonde guy doing matrix moves as a boss in the end.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 08/11/2017, 06:56 PMFor me Yakuza is all about the side content, I can't remember for my life what was Yakuza 3 storyline for example, I just remember a blonde guy doing matrix moves as a boss in the end.
Something something life at the orphanage relaxing. Land power play for a military base. CIA.

TR0N

PS4
Sonic Mania

The developers behind this did right with this 2D outing of sonic.
IMG

Digi.k

Finally unlocked Force Gear in Tokimemo..

Gypsy

Nice Digi!

I started on Yakuza Kiwami Tuesday night. Haven't had a chance to get back to it yet, tomorrow tho.

Gypsy

Puyo Puyo Fever. Great fun with friends.

Digi.k

Back on that Daichi Kun Crisis and trying to solve it's mysteries..

Managed to beat 3 islands and onto the next..

munchiaz

PCE:
Ys IV - Just beat the fire armor boss. Pretty neat that the music sounds like like an Ygnwie Malmsteen song

PC/Iphone:
Eternal - Its a digital card game, a la Hearthstone, but its way more similar to Magic. Thats what i like about it. I love drafting, but MTGO is a shitty program and it cost a lot to draft daily. Eternal allows you to grind for gold, and i've been playing the game for a few weeks now and have only paid $10. Ive drafted at least 10 times already.

Gypsy

Eternal is pretty much cheaper Magic. Hex is also pretty good.

munchiaz

Quote from: Gypsy on 09/08/2017, 06:35 PMEternal is pretty much cheaper Magic. Hex is also pretty good.
Thats exactly why I like Eternal. I love to draft, but dropping $10+ a draft adds up real quick. The fact that Eternal is digital only allows them to use mechanics that magic cannot.

Hex is something i may try out. I remember hearing about it a few years ago. Its getting a ps4 release as well. Would you consider Eternal better than Hex?

Gypsy

They are about the same to me. I think Eternal is cheaper yet. Hex does has waaay better prize structures than magic online, not that such a feat is particularly difficult...

There are some key differences to Hex, make sure you read a good primer if you are going to play.

crazydean

Bought the ICO and Shadow of the Colossus collection on PS3. I finished Shadow of the Colossus and while it had its flaws, it was worth the playing through.

ICO, on the other hand, probably won't get played again. I get that it's a great story and all, but the gameplay is irritating. It's annoying to be constantly helping the AI and waiting on her to move to my position. A great story is great if I'm watching a movie. I'm after great gameplay in a game.

jtucci31

Quote from: crazydean on 09/09/2017, 10:22 AMBought the ICO and Shadow of the Colossus collection on PS3. I finished Shadow of the Colossus and while it had its flaws, it was worth the playing through.

ICO, on the other hand, probably won't get played again. I get that it's a great story and all, but the gameplay is irritating. It's annoying to be constantly helping the AI and waiting on her to move to my position. A great story is great if I'm watching a movie. I'm after great gameplay in a game.
Thankfully, though, with Ico is that despite its flaws, it's a pretty short game. So you can still go back and enjoy it without going through too much turmoil over many hours. SotC still holds up as a great game, too. Wonder if they'll fix controls in the remake.

Michirin9801

Has anybody here played Hyper Dragon Ball Z? It's a Mugen Fan-game based on the DBZ series, and it's AMAZING! It's the Dragon Ball fighting game I've always wanted to play! (Basically a traditional fighter with a DBZ coat of paint) it plays kinda like Killer Instinct on the SNES, where you have to chain combos together and hope that your opponent doesn't break'em, only with even more spectacle...

I've been playing it for a few weekends but I've only just managed to finish it, it's pretty hard, but it's the good kind of difficult, as in it's pretty rewarding once you get the hang of it and start laying the smack-down on your opponent! Damn I'm loving this game...

Only two gripes, there's no pause button, at least not that I'm aware of, but this is a Mugen problem, not the game's problem, and there's not a single female playable character... I mean c'mon! Where's Videl or Android '18? How come Mr. Satan is a playable character but his much more competent daughter isn't?
Also, I wasn't too keen on the soundtrack, I mean, it's not bad or anything, but I was glad to replace it with the very nostalgic soundtracks from the DBZ Super Butouden games on the SNES, now THAT's the soundtrack I associate with Dragon Ball fighting game action! (Even if the Super Butouden games are kind of crap)

I main Gohan btw, he's one of the faster but less-strong characters, but it's real easy to chain combos together as him...

Gypsy

Contra III. SO GOOD.

And yeah Shadow of the Colossus was really fun. I only played it once though within a year or so of when it launched.

TR0N

Quote from: Michirin9801 on 09/09/2017, 06:58 PMHas anybody here played Hyper Dragon Ball Z? It's a Mugen Fan-game based on the DBZ series, and it's AMAZING! It's the Dragon Ball fighting game I've always wanted to play! (Basically a traditional fighter with a DBZ coat of paint) it plays kinda like Killer Instinct on the SNES, where you have to chain combos together and hope that your opponent doesn't break'em, only with even more spectacle...

I've been playing it for a few weekends but I've only just managed to finish it, it's pretty hard, but it's the good kind of difficult, as in it's pretty rewarding once you get the hang of it and start laying the smack-down on your opponent! Damn I'm loving this game...

Only two gripes, there's no pause button, at least not that I'm aware of, but this is a Mugen problem, not the game's problem, and there's not a single female playable character... I mean c'mon! Where's Videl or Android '18? How come Mr. Satan is a playable character but his much more competent daughter isn't?
Also, I wasn't too keen on the soundtrack, I mean, it's not bad or anything, but I was glad to replace it with the very nostalgic soundtracks from the DBZ Super Butouden games on the SNES, now THAT's the soundtrack I associate with Dragon Ball fighting game action! (Even if the Super Butouden games are kind of crap)

I main Gohan btw, he's one of the faster but less-strong characters, but it's real easy to chain combos together as him...
Heard of it i've watch live streams of it looks neat.Though i am waiting on arc system works dragon ball fighter z,they really know how to make a good fighters.
IMG

Michirin9801

Quote from: TR0N on 09/10/2017, 03:00 AMHeard of it i've watch live streams of it looks neat.Though i am waiting on arc system works dragon ball fighter z,they really know how to make a good fighters.
I've only found out about it because of DB FighterZ's announcement, and yeah, it looks amazing! But I'm afraid it might not run very well on my PC... Hopefully it will, I wouldn't mind playing it in lower settings either...

TR0N

Quote from: Michirin9801 on 09/10/2017, 02:44 PM
Quote from: TR0N on 09/10/2017, 03:00 AMHeard of it i've watch live streams of it looks neat.Though i am waiting on arc system works dragon ball fighter z,they really know how to make a good fighters.
I've only found out about it because of DB FighterZ's announcement, and yeah, it looks amazing! But I'm afraid it might not run very well on my PC... Hopefully it will, I wouldn't mind playing it in lower settings either...
I don't know,if the pc version for requirements will be high or not to run it.The game will be running on the unreal engine just like it did with the recent guilty gear.I remember hearing the rumors about it coming and it was a pleasant surprise to me.
IMG

JoshTurboTrollX

Spent a couple more hours last night plugging away at Final Fantasy XV on the Xbone.  Got through Chapter 3.  Yay....

I think the game is alright honestly.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

bartre

On the RPG note, I finally beat South Park Stick of Truth.

I really enjoyed the game, but I can't imagine 100% clearing it.
I got ~70% and that was plenty of game.

Also, I played as the Jew. Partnering that with Jimmy was kinda broken between status effects and PP regeneration